Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, countrygirl1689 said:

I know people pointed out Christina's bad kicks after the first preseason game, and it looks like it wasn't a fluke. Here's a picture from this past week's game.

IMG_9824.JPG

Yeah - she sticks out as one of the only poor kicks in that photo.  Didn't she have a bad photo last week too w/ the jump split.    The bar was probably lower this year for those that made it into TC cause of the lost vets. 

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I guess many didn't get that "personal responsibility" memo.

Is that Keyra (I have no idea if I spelled her name right) on the end?  I'm not sure if the picture is deceiving, but she looks way too tall for that spot IMO.

Probably there so they can hide Christina...

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - she sticks out as one of the only poor kicks in that photo.  Didn't she have a bad photo last week too w/ the jump split.    The bar was probably lower this year for those that made it into TC cause of the lost vets. 

Probably there so they can hide Christina...

Maybe part of Jenna's punishment is having to stand next to Christina in the kickline! Muahahahaha

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, countrygirl1689 said:

I know people pointed out Christina's bad kicks after the first preseason game, and it looks like it wasn't a fluke. Here's a picture from this past week's game.

IMG_9824.JPG

Oh man..... Cmon Christina! This is kind of getting embarrassing. Let's do better! 

15 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I also don't buy into the 'Holly made Jenna do this or that' or any body else. 

These are all grown adult women who are old enough to vote, pay taxes, fight in wars, etc. They are only responsible for their own actions. 

Agreed. While I can totally see Jenna being the type to pick up habits (bad and good) and act like whoever her bestie or boyfriend is at the time (I'm sure we all know people like that), anything she does is still on her. She's an adult. Same for Holly and anyone else. 

Hopefully, through this very public ordeal, Jenna has gotten the message that this little thirsty, rule-breaking phase ain't working for her. I mean, she keeps getting caught lol!  I will say that while she shouldn't have gotten trouble in the first place, I give her credit for appearing to take her punishment like an adult, which is more than I can say for her partner in crime. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, and it seems like a lot of the training camp candidates just sort of grab other TCCs after they're announced. I imagine that there's a ton of turnover in roommates -everyone is just not meant to live together. I think it was one year that Kashara/Raylee and then Madeline/Elizabeth were living together at the start of training camp. It just seemed like there might be a big maturity gap there. Not saying Madeline and Raylee were immature or childish, but Kashara/Elizabeth were much older.

maggie and heather were living with the other heather rookie year now they're living with tess

37 minutes ago, countrygirl1689 said:

IMG_9824.JPG

I agree about Christina but it's definitely better than the last time she was in training camp. 

But who is that girl at the center who seems to be one step forward and not in line with the rest of them? The 9th girl from our left. She seems to be lunging herself forward. 

Edited by MelTexGirl

It makes me so mad that Kashara is on the 50-yard line and not Jenna. It is clear that Kashara can not hold a candle to Jenna's dancing, but I am glad she is still the one your eyes goes to with her dancing.  Kashara is boring!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

It makes me so mad that Kashara is on the 50-yard line and not Jenna. It is clear that Kashara can not hold a candle to Jenna's dancing, but I am glad she is still the one your eyes goes to with her dancing.  Kashara is boring!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time reader, first time to comment....I don't think Jenna would ever be on the 50 yard line in the kick line ...she's too short.  The tallest dancers are in the middle,  then go by height out to the ends.  I love KaShara..I don't think she's boring at all.  Each to their tho, right?  ?

• Love 5
On 8/27/2017 at 8:58 PM, Dccfan126 said:

I might buy this scenario IF Jenna wasn't busted with Dak last year. It doesn't seem so much that Jenna's bahvior has changed over the years, just that as she became for visible, so has her behavior.

I mean, Paige was basically living with a player of a year and no one knew. But Paige also wasn't a group leader or point or show group or otherwise super visible. Point being, I think lots of these girls can do this stuff and just fly under the radar -- so I don't think Jenna was just suddenly corrupted.

You know what if one of their hard fast rule for being kicked off the team is dating a player, this statement would lead me to believe maybe Dak threaten to quit the team if they cut her. He is the star, however, they could not let her actions just go without some type of punishment.  

DCC 101 Question. All of the personal upkeep - hair, nails, attire (including designer purses), teeth, skin care, make-up, massages, fitness & dance training, decent car , etc. comes out of the DCC's (or extended family) personal $ pocket , right ? One year they showed the parking lot scene at VR and seemed like everyone had newer nice cars - like range rovers.

And when a TCC quits her job , breaks lease early to move across the country, to get a new apt(which has its own expenses), etc, all of that is on her too, right?

Edited by sATL
8 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

You know what if one of their hard fast rule for being kicked off the team is dating a player, this statement would lead me to believe maybe Dak threaten to quit the team if they cut her. He is the star, however, they could not let her actions just go without some type of punishment.  

I think they allegedly 'dated' for about a minute. He's not going to jeopardize a $$$Multi-million career for a five minute fling with some cheerleader. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

Is the rule not to date a Dallas player or any football player? Does that include the Mavericks too ? Just thinking about a good man is hard to find...

• Love 1
Just now, sATL said:

Is the rule not to date a Dallas player or any football player? Does that include the Mavericks too ? Just thinking about a good man is hard to find...

I always thought it was you can't date the current cowboys roster.

7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Kelsey R. was dating a player from another team several years ago. I remember him running to the sideline and giving her the ball after scoring a touchdown or something like that. 

ETA: Here's the video. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think they allegedly 'dated' for about a minute. He's not going to jeopardize a $$$Multi-million career for a five minute fling with some cheerleader. 

But she has not kicked off the team either, which leads me to believe he was calling the shots.  He could quit and go to another team and the Cowboys would be losers again. Don't get it twisted they need him not the other way around.  

47 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Long time reader, first time to comment....I don't think Jenna would ever be on the 50 yard line in the kick line ...she's too short.  The tallest dancers are in the middle,  then go by height out to the ends.  I love KaShara..I don't think she's boring at all.  Each to their tho, right?  ?

Where is Kashara standing?  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, radishcake said:

Guys if you missed the mod note we are done with the Keshara conversation regarding the picture. Posts will be hidden. 

Sorry I did not see that we could not post pictures of Keshara sorry.  

35 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Jenna is annoying but you have to be crazy if you think Kashara is a better person for point.

?? crazy

1 minute ago, Tonya50 said:

Yeah me neither ??‍♀️

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

Where is Kashara standing?  

Kashara is dancing at the point or the triangle. Kelli usually calls the 50 Yard Line girl the tallest girl, who is in the middle on the 50 during the kickline. That might be Khalyn right now? 

7 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

?? crazy

Yeah me neither ??‍♀️

I'm crazy, too.

44 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

But she has not kicked off the team either, which leads me to believe he was calling the shots.  He could quit and go to another team and the Cowboys would be losers again. Don't get it twisted they need him not the other way around.  

Doubt it he's going to break his contract for a booty call that may have happened almost a year ago, but ok.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

He would never be kicked off, and I also doubt he would quit. I am sure it was more like him doing a hook up a solid and making sure she didn't get fired, if it was anything at all. I doubt he would risk unemployment for her, but I think it's certainly plausible he told someone to make a call and not have her cut -- in theory. I am sure lesser players have requested more and it has been granted.

I always figured if the Dak/Jenna stuff was actually true, someone outside on the DCC had to be the one who saved Jenna. Because I think they would leave a cheerleader to die in the fields if it kept a player like Dak last year happy. Not that he saved her in some grand romantic gesture. More like they hooked up, she got in trouble, and maybe he threw her a bone because he could and it was easy and no risk for him.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

He would never be kicked off, and I also doubt he would quit. I am sure it was more like him doing a hook up a solid and making sure she didn't get fired, if it was anything at all. I doubt he would risk unemployment for her, but I think it's certainly plausible he told someone to make a call and not have her cut -- in theory. I am sure lesser players have requested more and it has been granted.

There's really not much interaction between the Cowboys and the cheerleaders, even without the no fraternization rule the cheerleaders have. Even with college sports, most of the players are literally so wrapped up in their own game, they're not going to even think about making an effort to protect a cheerleader or dance team member. Nobody is going to waste a favor on a booty call. Very, very doubtful he'd even bring up Jenna or any girl.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

There's really not much interaction between the Cowboys and the cheerleaders, even without the no fraternization rule the cheerleaders have. Even with college sports, most of the players are literally so wrapped up in their own game, they're not going to even think about making an effort to protect a cheerleader or dance team member. Nobody is going to waste a favor on a booty call. Very, very doubtful he'd even bring up Jenna or any girl.

Well, except for the one who managed to basically live with a cheerleader, is now marrying her, and she someone still has a job at The Star working for the Cowboys:) or Jenna or Holly who people claim have done this multiple times.  Or Jasmine who was photographed with one.

i mean, clearly some of them interact. Isn't the whole crux of this drama? And that is my point -- Dak telling someone to make sure Jenna keeps her job (if such scenario even happened) is hardly a favor. It's a Cheerleader, not a wide receiver. Sure, Dak, whatever you say. It's a throwaway because it is inconsequential -- he's not wasting a favor or anything. 

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Tonya50 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this was regarding a  specific picture kashara posted that we were asked to not discuss anymore by the mods. We may post pictures/video clips of her :) 

• Love 3

Dak wouldn't vouch for Jenna just because of who he is or having a good season. He's not the guy to do that. Whatever the reason is they're treating Paige different from Jenna we'll never know. They knew about it at the end of last season yet she was "encouraged" to return. Makes no sense but their loss for putting value in the wrong girl. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Well, except for the one who managed to basically live with a cheerleader, is now marrying her, and she someone still has a job at The Star working for the Cowboys:) or Jenna or Holly who people claim have done this multiple times.  Or Jasmine who was photographed with one.

i mean, clearly some of them interact. Isn't the whole crux of this drama?

??This ??

Oh yes, let us not forgot about Paige. My unpopular opinion is that Paige was a lying sneak who Kelli did not come down hard enough on. If Kelli had cleaned house when this came to light, I don't think Jenna or Holly would had even tried to break rules. But there goes Paige, breaking her contract, the rules, and trust and will get her happily ever after AND a job with the cowboys. 

As much as Jenna and Holly may or may not have been guilty of misconduct some of the blame has to be shared by Kelli and Co. Again, only my opinion, but how does this team compare with last year's? Apples and Oranges. The loss of Jenn K, Melissa, Megan, Claire, Jax, Amy T., Mandy, Erica and Holly is really really bad for the team in terms of power, projection, and ignition. These girls put the POW ? in powerhouse. And Jenna losing point girl due to breaking rules (again) also hurts the team. I love Kashara. Yet, I admit Jenna dances bigger and has all those extra pops. I think Kashara probably was more surprised than us to be assigned to Pointgirl. She may not have expected it and maybe wasn't ready. I believe she will be fine. 

I guess perhaps DCC management played a part in this mess and I hope that a year like this one with 14 or so vets retiring, quitting, and getting released or cut doesn't happen again. Makes me sad y'all...

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I always figured if the Dak/Jenna stuff was actually true, someone outside on the DCC had to be the one who saved Jenna. Because I think they would leave a cheerleader to die in the fields if it kept a player like Dak last year happy. Not that he saved her in some grand romantic gesture. More like they hooked up, she got in trouble, and maybe he threw her a bone because he could and it was easy and no risk for him.

That is what you fail to realize he would not be unemployed as good as he is another team would immediately pick him up and maybe for more money.  If he did help her that was a nice gesture which showed it was not just a fling but he truly cared for her.  Jenna is truly an asset to the team and she gives the DDC the extra pot and sparkle they need. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Kelsey R. was dating a player from another team several years ago. I remember him running to the sideline and giving her the ball after scoring a touchdown or something like that. 

ETA: Here's the video. 

ADORABLE. Something tells me either Kelli or Judy weren't too pleased.

10 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Again, only my opinion, but how does this team compare with last year's? Apples and Oranges. The loss of Jenn K, Melissa, Megan, Claire, Jax, Amy T., Mandy, Erica and Holly is really really bad for the team in terms of power, projection, and ignition. These girls put the POW ? in powerhouse. 

Makes me sad y'all...

What a roster ? 

Honestly, this reminds me that I'm glad Jenna is still there. Put her back in front already! I'll even jump on the Lacey train. Still staunchly #CerstenForPoint, but whatever.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 5
On 3/17/2017 at 7:49 PM, MrsEVH said:

Maybe Judy can't  remember the steps.

On 3/17/2017 at 7:49 PM, MrsEVH said:

Maybe Judy can't  remember the steps.

Yea, Kitty is a tough old bird that looks like she could bust a move any minute to make a point as apposed to J&K that sit on their tails, clucking, flapping, and pecking non-stop.

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

I thought Jenna was married to a guy in the Military?

37 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

??This ??

Oh yes, let us not forgot about Paige. My unpopular opinion is that Paige was a lying sneak who Kelli did not come down hard enough on. If Kelli had cleaned house when this came to light, I don't think Jenna or Holly would had even tried to break rules. But there goes Paige, breaking her contract, the rules, and trust and will get her happily ever after AND a job with the cowboys. 

As much as Jenna and Holly may or may not have been guilty of misconduct some of the blame has to be shared by Kelli and Co. Again, only my opinion, but how does this team compare with last year's? Apples and Oranges. The loss of Jenn K, Melissa, Megan, Claire, Jax, Amy T., Mandy, Erica and Holly is really really bad for the team in terms of power, projection, and ignition. These girls put the POW ? in powerhouse. And Jenna losing point girl due to breaking rules (again) also hurts the team. I love Kashara. Yet, I admit Jenna dances bigger and has all those extra pops. I think Kashara probably was more surprised than us to be assigned to Pointgirl. She may not have expected it and maybe wasn't ready. I believe she will be fine. 

I guess perhaps DCC management played a part in this mess and I hope that a year like this one with 14 or so vets retiring, quitting, and getting released or cut doesn't happen again. Makes me sad y'all...

Yes yes yes!!!!! Management, you have a talent retention problem on your hands. I mean these rookie, bless their hearts, but just no to some of them. 

And let's be real, if you are going to bend over backwards to accommodate Jeff Heath of all people, you will do more for more important players. 

Point being, I think Dak could have said something in passing in all of two seconds that in reality meant nothing to him, cost him zero collateral, and people would have been tripping all over themselves to do it. Because they are moving damn mountains for Jeff Heath who is NBD whatsoever.

17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Actually if I remember right, David Nelson got permission from K&J to be allowed to approach Kelsi if he made a touchdown.  

Yeah, I feel like Cowboys or Bills PR had to be in on that with CBS. Why else would they keep a long shot on him after the touchdown -- normally they would have cut away. And they had the graphic ready to go with her name. 

11 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That was Paige. 

R U sure? I thought when she came on the scene, looking like a teeny mouse, they did a whole intro section filming her at Dance class in Japan where her husband was stationed. They made her out to be such a young patriot and went on for a while about how hard it was to relocate and so on. Initially, I think J&K did not think she would make it at all but then she blew them away with her abilities vs height, talking like a Disney character, and so on. Did I get this story line mixed up? Thanks for correcting if so. 

19 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That was Paige. 

I always wondered what happened there bc I remember her at the first meeting her rookie year saying she just got married , and was on her honeymoon....in Dallas lol.   

Did that relationship just dissolve quick?

14 minutes ago, larellG said:

R U sure? I thought when she came on the scene, looking like a teeny mouse, they did a whole intro section filming her at Dance class in Japan where her husband was stationed. They made her out to be such a young patriot and went on for a while about how hard it was to relocate and so on. Initially, I think J&K did not think she would make it at all but then she blew them away with her abilities vs height, talking like a Disney character, and so on. Did I get this story line mixed up? Thanks for correcting if so. 

Her Dad was stationed. She was 18 when she auditioned 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, larellG said:

Jenna wasn't married, she was barely out of school. She was in South Korea(?), but IIRC it was because she was the kid of a military family. 

Just now, Java said:

Jenna wasn't married, she was barely out of school. She was in South Korea(?), but IIRC it was because she was the kid of a military family. 

ahh, thank you! got her totally mixed up. 

4 hours ago, Java said:

Didn't Jenna say her dad had chorographed some of Michael Jacksons dances?

RE: Kelsey R. was dating a player from another team several years ago. I remember him running to the sideline and giving her the ball after scoring a touchdown or something like that -

anybody know if they are still together ? :)

I think if it is meant for people to fraternize long term or short term, regardless of sport or activity, it will and can happen. The college years, many do meet their spouse, or a person they feel is serious. So, if a player should happened to be dating a cheerleader, so be it. I guess I became more open minded on this point after seeing a few pre-season games, where many young wonderful men (i.e. eligible bachelors) who are trying to make the team. any team. no need to also, give up your girl friend, after preseason is over and they are on the final roster, b/c your girl friend also made the cheering team. I guess to get around the rule, couples in that situation, go ahead and marry. surely being married to a current player, can't be against the rules.

We've talked about how many ladies came though the LSU dancing team, but there are also many men who also came though the LSU football team. It is possible folks have known of each other for years , and nature started to take its course.

6 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Dak wouldn't vouch for Jenna just because of who he is or having a good season. He's not the guy to do that. Whatever the reason is they're treating Paige different from Jenna we'll never know. They knew about it at the end of last season yet she was "encouraged" to return. Makes no sense but their loss for putting value in the wrong girl. 

I thought Paige was 'encouraged' to retire early. She didn't even go to the end of the year banquet that year. Didn't finish the full season.

32 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Didn't Jenna say her dad had chorographed some of Michael Jacksons dances?

Yes. He's a professional dancer. Solid Gold tv show, says he taught Michael the moonwalk, choreographed, etc. 

7 minutes ago, sATL said:

RE: Kelsey R. was dating a player from another team several years ago. I remember him running to the sideline and giving her the ball after scoring a touchdown or something like that -

anybody know if they are still together ? :)

I think if it is meant for people to fraternize long term or short term, regardless of sport or activity, it will and can happen. The college years, many do meet their spouse, or a person they feel is serious. So, if a player should happened to be dating a cheerleader, so be it. I guess I became more open minded on this point after seeing a few pre-season games, where many young wonderful men (i.e. eligible bachelors) who are trying to make the team. any team. no need to also, give up your girl friend, after preseason is over and they are on the final roster, b/c your girl friend also made the cheering team. I guess to get around the rule, couples in that situation, go ahead and marry. surely being married to a current player, can't be against the rules.

I'm thinking Kelsey was dating him before he was drafted, and they were together for a bit when he went pro. She married somebody else.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

Yes I remember her saying that. It seems her step dad is the one who was in the military. Here is a little article by Kristina Scales on Jenna that kind of explains it. Hope the link works :) 

http://www.5pointsblue.com/from-orange-county-to-korea-to-valley-ranch-jennas-dcc-journey/

This. Jenna's step dad is in the military and she went to high school for a couple of years in Korea. She lives in Orange Co most of her life. I side eye the military brat story a little bit. When I think military brat, I think of kids who have relocated every year or two their entire lives, not just one move - although a big move - in high school. 

7 hours ago, Tonya50 said:

Jenna is truly an asset to the team and she gives the DDC the extra pot and sparkle they need. 

LOL...I know this was a victim of a typo/autocorrect, but I hope Jenna's not giving them this, they'll ALL be released! ;-)

• Love 5