Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

So far Erin, Madeline Molloy, and Brianna. If anyone else has been cut, I haven't heard. Sorry it's not a very fancy list! Haha.

lol that's better than nothing

17 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

19 TCCs, dunno what week we're on

First meeting was in June 5, so we're starting week 6.  Only three cuts means they're probably getting down to business now. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ante said:

Are you ready for some football!!!!!

I feel like such a DCC hangeron when I say this but hot damn, I am glad it's almost football season.  

I love the football season. the only time I can watch Dallas on the big family tv when they are playing against one of my family members teams, and they look at me funny when  they show a close up of  a DCC and I am like " Oh there is Holly! OMG I love her"  

• Love 6

There's only a few more weeks until Training Camp starts in Oxnard. Do they usually have the squad announced by then? I know just show group usually goes.

54 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

There's only a few more weeks until Training Camp starts in Oxnard. Do they usually have the squad announced by then? I know just show group usually goes.

IIRC, Madeline (and possibly Maggie and Kelli) did a show group performance prior to the squad announcement. Tamra Judge posted a video of the girls performing at an event she attended. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think the squad is usually announced like a few days before Oxnard.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

IIRC, Madeline (and possibly Maggie and Kelli) did a show group performance prior to the squad announcement. Tamra Judge posted a video of the girls performing at an event she attended. 

Mandy and Kelli went to Oxnard last year, and it was after the team was announced. Not sure what performance Maddie did but that sounds kind of crazy to let a TCC (even if she was golden) perform in uniform with the showgroup no less before the team announcement. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Mandy and Kelli went to Oxnard last year, and it was after the team was announced. Not sure what performance Maddie did but that sounds k

Found it! She posted on July 14, 2016. Maggie, Madeline, and Kelli are dancing. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Found it! She posted on July 14, 2016. Maggie, Madeline, and Kelli are dancing. 

Who's the 1st one they show in the video?  I feel really stupid but I don't recognize her at all.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'm going to need a dictionary for you before long ?

Perhaps we should start a thread entitled "Vocabulary 101 - English motherfuckers, we don't speak it" and have all of our isms here. 

After all, I think @spazette is responsible for the hosebeast craze. Credit where credit is due!!

• Love 4

I don't know who Tamra Judge is, but now that I see this video I remember what a bad cinematographer she is from when this was posted last year. Why is she a hosebeast? Deets, please! 

If we're in week 6 of camp, does that mean that the squad will be announced in 2 weeks?! How many cuts remain if they go for a squad of 36? I forget how many they took into camp this year. I will be perusing the rookies' Twitter pages as soon as they're up (or, more likely, scrolling hard core through social media pics folks post here), trying to get some sense of who's who going into the show season premiere. Am I correct in thinking MTT airs August 4? 

(edited)
32 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't know who Tamra Judge is, but now that I see this video I remember what a bad cinematographer she is from when this was posted last year. Why is she a hosebeast? Deets, please! 

If we're in week 6 of camp, does that mean that the squad will be announced in 2 weeks?! How many cuts remain if they go for a squad of 36? I forget how many they took into camp this year. I will be perusing the rookies' Twitter pages as soon as they're up (or, more likely, scrolling hard core through social media pics folks post here), trying to get some sense of who's who going into the show season premiere. Am I correct in thinking MTT airs August 4? 

She's the slag from a stupid reality show I haven't watched in ages. She's basically the trailer park's answer to a Kardashian.

Premiere of MTT is Aug 3.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

I'm kind of surprised we've not had a post cameo cut

Ditto

5 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Show group only goes.  I think it depends on when TC starts as to whether the squad's official by then.  What yr was it Kinzie got overheated?

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I believe they took 44 into camp (correct me if wrong) and only three confirmed cut so far. These next two weeks should be interesting. 

Can we say usual dramatic "bloodbath" @ the end?

I'm rather surprised at the turnout they still get for Auditions with people who watch the show basically knowing what body types, social skills, and dance ability they're looking for.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
added something
  • Love 1

Sorta relevant but Kelsey's bf has been popping up commenting on all of these instagrams that I follow lately. This one youtube couple and then I was looking at Taylor Swift's insta for something and noticed his comments on there. I wonder if he knows all of these people, if so Kelsey can you get me the hookup? ?

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Sorta relevant but Kelsey's bf has been popping up commenting on all of these instagrams that I follow lately. This one youtube couple and then I was looking at Taylor Swift's insta for something and noticed his comments on there. I wonder if he knows all of these people, if so Kelsey can you get me the hookup? ?

I've noticed that on his Instagram, a bunch of people are asking him when he's going to marry Kelsey. Awkward or no?

Well, @QuiteCalM, while I do take credit for Douche Canoe, Twat Waffle and Gutterslut, I actually use horsebeast, so I'm not sure I can claim hosebeast which seems to have a life of its own. I'm always in the market for new insults though, so keep tagging me and perhaps we'll come up with the next great one! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ante said:

I've noticed that on his Instagram, a bunch of people are asking him when he's going to marry Kelsey. Awkward or no?

Par for the course. If you're public about your relationship, people will ask. That goes for famous, semi-famous, and peasants. 

• Love 1

With a potential bloodbath of cuts on the last few nights of rehearsal, I'm wondering if they'll again send some hapless security guard to go fetch the about-to-be-axed TCC from the field to go see Kelli and Judy in whatever makeshift space they've chosen (draped in blue, of course). It looks incredibly fake and the guys look almost painfully uncomfortable. Is it considered a punishment or a prize to get that duty? It also makes me think of "Office Space" where one of the Bobs says: "We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week."

I'm also wondering if the poor fellow who had to mop up the Pee Pool of Shame at Prelims last year got compensated for his pain and suffering. Dude wasn't even wearing gloves. ICK! 

As Candace Romo once wisely said, "Sometimes...you pee on yourself!" It's sad that I'm starting to resemble that remark more and more as 50 looms ahead.

(Sorry it's 1:53 a.m., hubby is out of town on business and I'm not close to sleep yet.)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Well, she does a gorgeous split in the air!!!  :)

thumbnail_Screenshot_2017-07-11-00-59-25.jpg

Holy crap! Has she been sleeping in a split for the last few years since she got cut from TC? Looks like her flexibility is no longer an issue.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Par for the course. If you're public about your relationship, people will ask. That goes for famous, semi-famous, and peasants. 

He reposted a comment on Insta stories recently when a guy told him he needed to chill out or he was going to scare Kelsey off. I kinda agree, he comments on every DCC post in a really embarrassing way, like most girls want a guy to play it cool just slightly.  

He does come across a little desperate but he's the one with a million followers? 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

I'm kind of surprised we've not had a post cameo cut

I cannot honestly believe  that everyone has pitch perfect kicks either...  

10 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I believe they took 44 into camp (correct me if wrong) and only three confirmed cut so far. These next two weeks should be interesting. 

my guilty pleasure with this show is when they call a LOT of women to the office and all but one get cut....  my roommate and i take bets on which of the 4+ girls is the one that will be safe....

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Holy crap! Has she been sleeping in a split for the last few years since she got cut from TC? Looks like her flexibility is no longer an issue.

I wonder if maybe the Barre exercising has been helping her with stretching for the split. I think I need to start doing Barre since my hamstrings are always tight.

(edited)

Christina was able to do a split the last time she was in training camp, they made her demonstrate on the floor. That's the position you are in in a high kick, they said. I thought her problem was that she was very injury prone and she had bad kick technique. Wonder how it is now. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
She very well may have bad luck technique but I meant kick technique.
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Christina was able to do a split the last time she was in training camp, they made her demonstrate on the floor. That's the position you are in in a high kick, they said. I thought her problem was that she was very injury prone and she had bad luck technique. Wonder how it is now. 

Has she had several injuries or injuries that any of the girls haven't gotten?

1 hour ago, MamaV said:

I have always liked Christina. I hope she makes the team this season. 

If I remember the episode where she got cut Kelli and Judy made they comment they hate to see the really nice ones not make it or something to that effect. I think they really liked her personality and I love her hair in the shorter bob. She definitely is working hard to make the team:)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Has she had several injuries or injuries that any of the girls haven't gotten?

Good question. Not sure, but I think she sprained it a couple of times in training camp and that kept her from participating in the kick line and jump splitting. 

1 hour ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I have to admit that I am the one who first brought Hosebeast to the hallowed halls of this forum and I am ridiculously tickled that it's taken on a life of its own! 

Ah yes, YOU were the one! Viva hosebeast!

16 hours ago, spazette said:

Well, @QuiteCalM, while I do take credit for Douche Canoe, Twat Waffle and Gutterslut, I actually use horsebeast, so I'm not sure I can claim hosebeast which seems to have a life of its own. I'm always in the market for new insults though, so keep tagging me and perhaps we'll come up with the next great one! 

Douche Canoe, Twat Waffle and Gutterslut are no small contributions.

I, of course, offered forth Crotch Fruit.

I am proud of the profanity that we bring to the forum,

• Love 9
13 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

With a potential bloodbath of cuts on the last few nights of rehearsal, I'm wondering if they'll again send some hapless security guard to go fetch the about-to-be-axed TCC from the field to go see Kelli and Judy in whatever makeshift space they've chosen (draped in blue, of course). It looks incredibly fake and the guys look almost painfully uncomfortable. Is it considered a punishment or a prize to get that duty? It also makes me think of "Office Space" where one of the Bobs says: "We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week."

I'm also wondering if the poor fellow who had to mop up the Pee Pool of Shame at Prelims last year got compensated for his pain and suffering. Dude wasn't even wearing gloves. ICK! 

As Candace Romo once wisely said, "Sometimes...you pee on yourself!" It's sad that I'm starting to resemble that remark more and more as 50 looms ahead.

(Sorry it's 1:53 a.m., hubby is out of town on business and I'm not close to sleep yet.)

It was Vincent Tran, guest services manager for the Cowboys. I follow him on Instagram and remember him posting that it was him. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

It was Vincent Tran, guest services manager for the Cowboys. I follow him on Instagram and remember him posting that it was him. 

My hat is off to Mr. Tran, that goes above and beyond the call of duty! ?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone should tell Shelby that her likeness is being used without her permission in this promo (LOL)

7 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I wonder if maybe the Barre exercising has been helping her with stretching for the split. I think I need to start doing Barre since my hamstrings are always tight.

I remember Nicole Bulcher saying that it helped her with her kicks the last few seasons. If you look at Season 9 her kicks were amazing. Maybe I should start Barre.

5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Does that possibly look like an updated field intro video with Kelsey putting on gloss?

I'm pretty sure that was from last years auditions. The entire video is cuts from last season..

• Love 8