Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, RhiRhi said:

Is this TxStar35??? You don't have to say but would make sense. We appreciate any insider info however we get it!!

???TxStar35?? Idk this person.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She is good. It's just not her year. A decision was made late in the game to try out and she realizes what she needs to do and will do, to  make it next year. Some very kind words of encouragement were given to her shortly after announcements from someone she admires. She was told she is beautiful, talented and was just on the bubble. She told her to take this year and work on power. I agree! Grateful she made a point to find Dayton and talk to her, it may have stung a little more if she didn't heard these words. As her mom, I could not be more proud of her courage. She's grown up around this, but hasn't necessarily trained for it. Her commitment to dance fell into ballet and contemporary. We approached this entire experience with reality...80+ talented girls, some with a ton of experience and some with none. Each judge has opinions of what they like and it boils down to making this perfect team for this next season. I've lived the process for 28 years and I never try to figure out why. Although our excitement has been quieted for now, our family has a strong faith in knowing He has perfect timing. There is a plan for her. 

What a wonderful thing for someone could say to her.  People never know often what difference they could make in someone's life.  She is lucky she has a super supportive Mom and family.  You are right, we never know until much later how things fell into the Master plan.  Tell her the forum is rooting for her!

• Love 6

15 mins of the interview Yukos gets one question to her. about 10 min spent on another vet.  Interesting. to me.  CMT won't show it I'm sure.  It was amazing.  Vet nailed every question.  Vet was cut at end of night.    

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, GuessWho said:

15 mins of the interview Yukos gets one question to her. about 10 min spent on another vet.  Interesting. to me.  CMT won't show it I'm sure.  It was amazing.  Vet nailed every question.  Vet was cut at end of night.    

Who was the vet and how do you know this? 

12 minutes ago, GuessWho said:

Insane, of course Kim knows who Trump is. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sandiedog said:

Insane, of course Kim knows who Trump is. 

Think thats the point.  Questions are suppose to be random and equal for all.  Kinda looked like it was a staged question just for her.

I have no doubt they gave her a softball question. If they aren't going to cut her for her clear lack of dance ability then they aren't going to give her a hard question that she won't know the answer to. They want a reason not to cut her for some unkown reason.

1 minute ago, GuessWho said:

Think thats the point.  Questions are suppose to be random and equal for all.  Kinda looked like it was a staged question just for her.

I'm guessing this is from someone who knows the vet who was in Yuko's interview group who was cut.  I agree this is BS, but sour grapes aren't that attractive . . . 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

If Allie and Heather were cut, it looks like they are taking it pretty well. Out and about and smiling the next day!

Allie seems to be doing fine but sunglasses hid a lot. I feel bad for them because they seem like very sweet and kind people. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm guessing this is from someone who knows the vet who was in Yuko's interview group who was cut.  I agree this is BS, but sour grapes aren't that attractive . . . 

Know some past vets. Few current.  Sour grapes aren't that attractive correct.  No Sour! Just story line.  Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk!  Is Mine favorite saying.

Drama Sells period!

• Love 3
(edited)
35 minutes ago, GuessWho said:

Do they interview in the same order that they are in for tryouts? If so, I would imagine that this is referring to Allie or Heather, since they are around the same height as Yuko and may have been in the same group. Raylee is a bit too tall to have been in the same group if I'm not mistaken. 

I would also note that favoritism aside (and it certainly appears that Yuko is a favorite), I definitely don't think she deserves any blame for other vets not making it. If K&J and Charlotte really wanted one of the other vets, I'm sure they would be in training camp.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1

My guess is if someone gets cut, then spouts off their own version of what happens during the interview for their friends to post on a message board, it likely validates K&J's decision to cut them, at least in their eyes.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

My guess is if someone gets cut, then spouts off their own version of what happens during the interview for their friends to post on a message board, it likely validates K&J's decision to cut them, at least in their eyes.

Notice anyone say anything about friends.  I haven't cared one way or the other why they got cut.. or stated why.  Ive only talked about interview. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Heather H and Raylee both took Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader off of their Instagram bio! Allie's is still there! (Unless it wasn't on theirs to begin with...)

FYI if you zoomed in on the group pic, you can see Kalyssa's side head next to the boss lady in the way.

lastly there is a shoe next to Tasha... whose shoe could it be? 

Edited by Josreason

I'm guessing that the girls are currently locked out of their twitter accounts; otherwise, they'd have deleted the cut vets' accounts ASAP (as they don't want them spouting off their on official DCC pages).

9 minutes ago, GuessWho said:

Notice anyone say anything about friends.  I haven't cared one way or the other why they got cut.. or stated why.  Ive only talked about interview. 

Can you tell us what you know about why two vets did get cut. Since the vet nailed her interview questions we know interview is not the reason. And thanks about Yuko's one question.  It's so believable that they would do that. 

• Love 6
Just now, TiaGrace said:

Can you tell us what you know about why two vets did get cut. Since the vet nailed her interview questions we know interview is not the reason. And thanks about Yuko's one question.  It's so believable that they would do that. 

And since you came on here to say you know why they were cut. I'm too old to chase dangling carrots. Maybe carrot cake, but not carrots.

• Love 21

And yeah I'm confused. Originally it was said that 3 vets were cut. Now it may be two. But this is my math haha

28 vets tried out. If 45 in total went to TC, that leaves room for 17 rookie candidates

I have a confirmed list of 20 rookie candidates (with the 20th being Chenise or Keyra...im just not sure who it is yet). With 20 rookie candidates, that allows 25 vets to enter training camp. Which means that 3 did get cut

I know everything with the vet cuts is heresay right now, or maybe my math is wrong haha! 

But yes, don't dangle info carrots

• Love 2
9 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I love that people thought Judy was out partying like a rock star though. I bet when she reads this board it'll crack her up too. 

Pretty sure Judy will never read this board. Why would she? It's a bunch of gossip about her team, hatred towards her family and second-guessing by non-experts about how she, as an expert, does her job?? Why would she bother?

All it would do is anger, frustrate and hurt her and at the end of the day none of it matters. And she is wise enough to know that.

We may be super fans of the show, but we in no way represent the larger audience. That's an audience that is measured by ratings. That audience is continually telling CMT that this show is a hit and they love everything about it. 

(edited)

I think going in we were all thinking it was a super competitive year and vets would be cut...just not the vets we expected for sure. 

I just realized that in the vet's solo costume group pic, Allie had her hair flat and pulled back. Reminded me of when Kelli was so pissed about Collin's tan and both her and Judy were wanting her to do something with that hair! It might have come down to nit-picking. Hell, I just realized how short both Alli and Heather are from that Instagram post. Who knows?  Excited to see the episodes!!

Edited by kalibean
9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

maybe this should be in unpopular opinions but i freaking love Judy.

Popular, unpopular, I really don't care...I like Judy, I like Cassie, and I thought what Cassie wrote about her mother was really nice :)

• Love 10
(edited)
26 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

And yeah I'm confused. Originally it was said that 3 vets were cut. Now it may be two. But this is my math haha

28 vets tried out. If 45 in total went to TC, that leaves room for 17 rookie candidates

I have a confirmed list of 20 rookie candidates (with the 20th being Chenise or Keyra...im just not sure who it is yet). With 20 rookie candidates, that allows 25 vets to enter training camp. Which means that 3 did get cut

I know everything with the vet cuts is heresay right now, or maybe my math is wrong haha! 

But yes, don't dangle info carrots

Okay I double checked your math... there is 24 veterans and 20 rookies... someone is missing so there has to be either a 25th veteran or a 21st rookie.  If the 45 number is accurate.   

Then out of the three currently it seems more likely that Allie made it over Heather and Raylee although I am leaning more at this point towards a 21st rookie. 

Jenna

Jinelle

Erica, Lacey

Kashara, Chantel, Robin, Stephanie, Simone, Bess, Amy, Holly

Tasha, Kelsey, Selina, Jessika, Yuko, Tess, Milan, Heather, Maggie, Khalyn, Cersten, Kelli, Madeline 

Christina, Tara, Taryn, Kalyssa, Rachel, Sheridan, Keyra (?), Celinda, Brennan, Alexis, Lauren, Madeline, Miranda, Erin, Gina, Lexie, Alexandria, Molly, Savannah, Brianna,

Edited by Josreason
16 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Pretty sure Judy will never read this board. Why would she? It's a bunch of gossip about her team, hatred towards her family and second-guessing by non-experts about how she, as an expert, does her job?? Why would she bother?

All it would do is anger, frustrate and hurt her and at the end of the day none of it matters. And she is wise enough to know that.

We may be super fans of the show, but we in no way represent the larger audience. That's an audience that is measured by ratings. That audience is continually telling CMT that this show is a hit and they love everything about it. 

If I were involved in DCC, I'd have no patience for us and these boards. Glad Shelley pops in to answer questions!

• Love 9

I like Cassie. Heck if i had connections I would use every last one of them. I mean hitting up the third uncle thrice removed to get me an audtion for a commercial. Good for her for using her resources. I would have been thrilled for Dayton to make it. 

• Love 4

@LaurenBrook what made you suspect Raylee was vulnerable to being cut??

and I'm soooo happy for your girl Kelsey - she's perfection and I adore her.

I just feel beyond awful for the cut vets.

Yuko - right from the start of her selection last year I was convinced that there were behind the scenes factors involved; it doesn't bother me that there are #reasons unrelated to the standard set of criteria applied to most girls. It doesn't stop be being curious though!

Dayton - so in love with her, pretty and sweet. I can see how another year will make her a total package and it's great that she has the freedom to develop further before she's committed into a team. Surely that will give her more longevity? It will be so much fun to watch her next year.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Josreason said:

Okay I double checked your math... there is 24 veterans and 20 rookies... someone is missing so there has to be either a 25th veteran or a 21st rookie.  If the 45 number is accurate.   

Then out of the three currently it seems more likely that Allie made it over Heather and Raylee although I am leaning more at this point towards a 21st rookie. 

Jenna

Jinelle

Erica, Lacey

Kashara, Chantel, Robin, Stephanie, Simone, Bess, Amy, Holly

Tasha, Kelsey, Selina, Jessika, Yuko, Tess, Milan, Heather, Maggie, Khalyn, Cersten, Kelli, Madeline 

Christina, Tara, Taryn, Kalyssa, Rachel, Sheridan, Keyra (?), Celinda, Brennan, Alexis, Lauren, Madeline, Miranda, Erin, Gina, Lexie, Alexandria, Molly, Savannah, Brianna,

24 vets?? I know 28 tried out. Are you saying 4 were cut? Or am I misreading. I've been on a plane all day so I may be loopy hehe

• Love 1
(edited)

lol I'm not an admin, but once again with the freaking horse that won't freaking die!!! 

Move the Judy convo to her thread so we can get back to the paranoia over who made TCC... lol 

also ?... 

4 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

24 vets?? I know 28 tried out. Are you saying 4 were cut? Or am I misreading. I've been on a plane all day so I may be loopy hehe

No I am saying that we have confirmed 25 made it... someone is missing... I am now the one who miscounted lol hold on back to the drawing board! 

Edit: I wrote 24 vets not 25... oops! But yeah if there are 45 candidates then someone from either the rookie side or the vet side is missing! 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Josreason said:

lol I'm not an admin, but once again with the freaking horse that won't freaking die!!! 

Move the Judy convo to her thread so we can get back to the paranoia over who made TCC... lol 

also ?... 

No I am saying that we have confirmed 25 made it... someone is missing... I am now the one who miscounted lol hold on back to the drawing board! 

Oh okay! I hear ya! I want to say the 20th rookie is Keyra. She's private on Insta so I haven't gotten a firm confirmation but Chenise didn't post anything so I'm leaning to Keyra

• Love 1

So do you think there is actually a 21st rookie past Keyra or is there a 26th vet (out of A, H, and R?) at this point there may not actually be 45 but rather 44, but who really knows. 

7 minutes ago, Josreason said:

also ?... 

Edit: I wrote 24 vets not 25... oops! But yeah if there are 45 candidates then someone from either the rookie side or the vet side is missing! 

Does Judy have a thread? 

Just responding, the initial post was regarding Judy's late night at the stadium and Cassie's shout out to her mom last night. 

13 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

@LaurenBrook what made you suspect Raylee was vulnerable to being cut??

and I'm soooo happy for your girl Kelsey - she's perfection and I adore her.

I just feel beyond awful for the cut vets.

Yuko - right from the start of her selection last year I was convinced that there were behind the scenes factors involved; it doesn't bother me that there are #reasons unrelated to the standard set of criteria applied to most girls. It doesn't stop be being curious though!

Dayton - so in love with her, pretty and sweet. I can see how another year will make her a total package and it's great that she has the freedom to develop further before she's committed into a team. Surely that will give her more longevity? It will be so much fun to watch her next year.

Rumblings from various sources lol Also the fact that I heard from more than one person last summer that Raylee was on the bubble then and a lot of people were surprised she didn't end up getting cut.  For really no reason than she doesn't stand out enough as a VET. 

i will say i never thought of her looking cheap.  

1 minute ago, Paige turner said:

Brittany vodde (aaia) made it. I don't think she has been counted.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! SHE DID??? 

wait, are you SURE? Please don't toy with my emotions!!! She was my #1 pick out of the new girls to go!! wait please tell me how you know this!! i heard she looked awesome and did great but did not get in??? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Holly made a name for herself when she was on, "So You Think You Can Dance". She's from Missouri, where I live now (from Dallas). A friend of mine does her makeup for photo shoots and such. It's a Small world... 

How did she do on that show?  I think I watched it a time or two before the kids took over.

8 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Does Judy have a thread? 

Just responding, the initial post was regarding Judy's late night at the stadium and Cassie's shout out to her mom last night. 

Girl there is the Kelli and Judy "tonight will be your last night thread" lol ? you know i was in ? agreement with you! I just think the Trammell family deserves at least one night off! Hehe 

8 minutes ago, Paige turner said:

You are literally serious? Do you have a way to prove it? this would make me so happy... but it looked like she was cut alongside Cristi and Randi... She could be our 45th girl! 

1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

How did she do on that show?  I think I watched it a time or two before the kids took over.

She made it to the Vegas round in season 12

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

i don't think brittney made it...just looking at comments on her roomie/bff's Taryn's pics and someone said 'brittney is beautiful, her time will come"  Darn. 

? one minute of brief joy snatched away so fast!

• Love 1

i knowwwww :( I sound like a mom LOL but I hope Brittney was able to talk to someone and get some feedback on what exactly she can do to make it next year.  I don't know what it is but there is just something i like about her and can't help but root for her.  now i hope Taryn makes it so she can help britt during the year! 

can i also just add that Stephanie D-Wheat is seriously amazing.  I was reading some of her comments to her girls and others who tried out that she helped and for real she sounds like an angel on earth...so supportive, encouraging and just genuinely interested in helping girls, even if it means they leave her team.  that is so selfless and you just don't see it much these days. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i knowwwww :( I sound like a mom LOL but I hope Brittney was able to talk to someone and get some feedback on what exactly she can do to make it next year.  I don't know what it is but there is just something i like about her and can't help but root for her.  now i hope Taryn makes it so she can help britt during the year! 

can i also just add that Stephanie D-Wheat is seriously amazing.  I was reading some of her comments to her girls and others who tried out that she helped and for real she sounds like an angel on earth...so supportive, encouraging and just genuinely interested in helping girls, even if it means they leave her team.  that is so selfless and you just don't see it much these days. 

I completely agree about Stephanie!! I think that is so wonderful..she builds up her dancers!! I personally think that's why so many AAIA make it to finals vs. Mavs...they don't have to worry about sneaking around to prepare for DCC auditions. On the contrary, Stephanie helps them prep! She also waited outside with the parents last night (saw on Instagram). That is so supportive!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Paige turner said:

Are you sure about that? Seems like the AAIA would have included her in the congratulatory post about Taryn if that were the case.

53 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I like Cassie. Heck if i had connections I would use every last one of them. I mean hitting up the third uncle thrice removed to get me an audtion for a commercial. Good for her for using her resources. I would have been thrilled for Dayton to make it. 

I agree. I love Judy, always have. I think she is fair and good at her job. I always felt bad for Cassie until the whole Taylor debacle. However, the nepotism thing never bothered me that much. Did it help she chances that Judy is her mom; yeah. Do I think being friends with Charlotte's daughter helped Allie's chances of making the team; yeah. I think it's the same for others who made it (Meredith Oden, Stephanie Heyman, etc.) However, this is how things work in the real world. I'm a lawyer. I got my current job because a friend of mine knew her firm had a position opening up and recommended me for it. I was a perfect fit for the job and I was interviewed and hired without them even having to advertise the position. This happens all the time in every field. The connections Cassie and others have/had doesn't take away from the fact that they are talented in their own right. 

Yuko can only be explained by connections/behind the scenes issues we know nothing about.

I'm excited to see the new crop of TCC this year.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Shallan said:

I agree. I love Judy, always have. I think she is fair and good at her job. I always felt bad for Cassie until the whole Taylor debacle. However, the nepotism thing never bothered me that much. Did it help she chances that Judy is her mom; yeah. Do I think being friends with Charlotte's daughter helped Allie's chances of making the team; yeah. I think it's the same for others who made it (Meredith Oden, Stephanie Heyman, etc.) However, this is how things work in the real world. I'm a lawyer. I got my current job because a friend of mine knew her firm had a position opening up and recommended me for it. I was a perfect fit for the job and I was interviewed and hired without them even having to advertise the position. This happens all the time in every field. The connections Cassie and others have/had doesn't take away from the fact that they are talented in their own right. 

Yuko can only be explained by connections/behind the scenes issues we know nothing about.

I'm excited to see the new crop of TCC this year.

All this. Life is seldom fair, and nepotism happens in every single business and industry. Dance is no exception. 

• Love 8