Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

I'm interested in other people's opinions on this - my daughter has been a collegiate dancer and now an NFL cheerleader and wearing another city/team on her clothes if a HUGE no no. Like it was grounds for dismissal from her collegiate dance team - that was true for any athlete in the school and it covered all photos you or anyone else posted on social media or even if someone from the AD office saw you out and about. I was really shocked to see this costume choice but maybe it's not something Judy and Kelli would think twice about? I have a hard time imagining that though - both college and pro dance teams are basically a marketing tool first and foremost so marketing another team or city on your body just seems like something they'd care about. 

IMG_3583.PNG

I totally agree, but I think it was meant more like, she's from Detroit. Not necessarily her support of their team! Just my opinion on it :)

• Love 2

I'm absolutely sure that was her intention but that old English D is actually the real logo for the Tigers - it's not football but still, I don't think I would have chanced it. 

I really hope that Kelsey Lowrance makes it back.  She's just freaking amazing to have put up with all the stuff Kelli and Judy threw at her last Training Camp.  I really think that she proved herself this past year and if Kelli and Judy don't take her back through no fault of hers (like bombing or forgetting the sequence of something), then it's all on them.  She can hold her head high knowing that she did everything she could (assuming she didn't bomb something) and they just couldn't handle it. 

It seems that they still think of her as that girl who has issues handling herself under stress despite proving otherwise and they can't get past that issue. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

I'm interested in other people's opinions on this - my daughter has been a collegiate dancer and now an NFL cheerleader and wearing another city/team on her clothes if a HUGE no no. Like it was grounds for dismissal from her collegiate dance team - that was true for any athlete in the school and it covered all photos you or anyone else posted on social media or even if someone from the AD office saw you out and about. I was really shocked to see this costume choice but maybe it's not something Judy and Kelli would think twice about? I have a hard time imagining that though - both college and pro dance teams are basically a marketing tool first and foremost so marketing another team or city on your body just seems like something they'd care about. 

IMG_3583.PNG

Oh God, I am praying she did her routine to a song off the 8 Mile movie soundtrack.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Aw I love Cristi, I'm rooting for her

Yeah, me too - I've known her since she was 11. That's why this has been gnawing at me all day:( 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Oh God, I am praying she did her routine to a song off the 8 Mile movie soundtrack.

I have no idea which specific songs but it was a mix of "detroit" themed songs.

I love Cristi, I think she is definitely one of the harder workers of the potential rookies, or at least seems to be based on social media. Seems like she really wants it. 

Im going to guess Selina. I would be surprised if she didn't get cut. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

IMG_3583.PNG

The Detroit Lions colors are not black/white, so I don't see why it would be a problem. If she were wearing a "made in Green Bay" shirt and wearing green and gold, then I could see it being an issue, but this doesnt seem to be an issue IMO.

• Love 2

Can't be worse than saying you're a "die hard" Steelers fan in the interviews! Well, except that gal didn't make TC. Damn.  

Seriously though, I think this particular thing is fine, and if she paired it with "Lose Yourself" then that would be amaze balls. She probably had the hoodie off for the solo anyway.

• Love 1
Just now, Oklahomama said:

You're killing me. Now I'm trying to figure out what dance move she did to the "mom's spaghetti" line from "Lose Yourself."

• Love 4
(edited)

For a closed audition, there sure seem to be a lot of people hanging around who have no good reason for being there other than wanting to watch. It's surprising to me that they don't run a tight ship in that respect. Is the stadium open to the public?

Amy5.jpg

Emma Cristi.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The Detroit Lions colors are not black/white, so I don't see why it would be a problem. If she were wearing a "made in Green Bay" shirt and wearing green and gold, then I could see it being an issue, but this doesnt seem to be an issue IMO.

I just know for a fact my daughter would be let go for that so it surprises me that it's not a big deal - I expected that DCC standards would definitely be higher when it comes to marketing but I hope you're right. For the record, I wasn't talking about the Lions - she's wearing the Detroit Tigers logo. In any case, the way it has been explained to my daughter several times by various directors is: would you show up at a job interview with Apple wearing a shirt with the Microsoft logo? I really hope it's not a big deal - she's busted her tail this last year.

It must have happened closer to the end of her performance unless they let her come back and redo it.

(edited)
46 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I totally agree, but I think it was meant more like, she's from Detroit. Not necessarily her support of their team! Just my opinion on it :)

I see Sarah Gourley who we on here....er... I mean.....people....somewhere.....have criticized for her facial features in the past. I completely see Sarah in her, I just wonder if she can dance as good as Gourley, because talent is what got her in and kept her in.

I am HORRIFIED that Holly may have had a wardrobe malfunction! Ugh! Poor kid!

ETA: woo I'm rusty! I meant to post a pic of Detroit...I mean....I've never posted here before. I meant to post a pic of Detroit.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 1

I'm just hoping it wasn't full-on flashing from the malfunction. Poor thing. Holly's a pro, though, so while she may be embarrassed her post suggests that she knows how to roll with it. I highly doubt that such a thing would jeopardize her spot. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Dlcmom said:

I just know for a fact my daughter would be let go for that so it surprises me that it's not a big deal - I expected that DCC standards would definitely be higher when it comes to marketing but I hope you're right. For the record, I wasn't talking about the Lions - she's wearing the Detroit Tigers logo. In any case, the way it has been explained to my daughter several times by various directors is: would you show up at a job interview with Apple wearing a shirt with the Microsoft logo? I really hope it's not a big deal - she's busted her tail this last year.

I see what you mean now regarding the logo. I had to google the Detroit Tigers. I hate baseball, so I wasnt familiar with it. That is strange and risky IMO (whereas I don't think the shirt is an issue), but maybe since its a different sport, they won't care (hopefully for her sake).

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

well F me. Maybe she really did have a malfunction notion. Why else for the caption??

The perv husband was thrilled about the potential malfunction....I assured him there would be no footage of it. He was sad.

GOOD for Holls! How harrowing would that be?!

• Love 1

Natalie Woods helps out every year with producing at the auditions and she's posted a ton of pictures. Ally Traylor was in one of them earlier this week. She looks exactly the same.

• Love 1

No organization I ever worked for would allow an important decision to be made by a large committee comprised of people who have no accountability or responsibility for the decisions that are made. Committee members would be listened to and thanked for their input, but the ultimate decisions would be made by a few people st the top of the food chain whose jobs were on the line and had skin in the game. This makes me wonder at what point this evening, K, J, and C huddle up for one of their super secret meetings where they will hand pick the candidates/veterans they actually wanted in training camp all along. 

Also - HOlly saying she's flying high, not letting anything get her down, with a pic of her in a leap, I don't think it's any sort of cryptic message. She's literally flying and nothing is keeping her down. I don't think this means she had a bad solo.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

The perv husband was thrilled about the potential malfunction....I assured him there would be no footage of it. He was sad.

GOOD for Holls! How harrowing would that be?!

I think we are married to the same man.

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought it was a weird decision for Cristi to rep Detroit as well. Maybe just a bit risky. Like, most likely they'll be like "oh cute, she's highlighting where she's from" but if there's even a 5% chance they'll frown upon this, it's not worth it, in my opinion.

Also--and I hate to say this but--I just don't think her look is HD friendly. 

Edited by Dior99
  • Love 3

Moni!!!! Welcome back!!! ???

and listen, I love Madi (girl you think looks like Sarah) she is actually gorgeous and a super sweet girl!! 

Omg messaging you now, I have so many things to tell you!! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dior99 said:

I thought it was a weird decision to rep Detroit as well. Maybe just a bit risky. Like, most likely they'll be like "oh cute, she's highlighting where she's from" but if there's even a 5% chance they'll frown upon this, it's not worth it, in my opinion.

Also--and I hate to say this but--I just don't think her look is HD friendly. 

IMG_3583.PNG.b59f272b4f26acc82b35982e3d1

She reminds me of someone that I absolutely loathe, so I'm completely biased, but I'm glad I'm not alone in that I'm not sold...

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG really?! Could you take him more nights please? I just want my chardonnay and a nap.

Finally, others that also think a sister wife may not be a bad idea. ?????

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

and listen, I love Madi (girl you think looks like Sarah) she is actually gorgeous and a super sweet girl!! 

Haha...er...who?! ;-D

You can usually convince me to soften my hard cold heart with regard to a girl.....

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Just now, Sandiedog said:

Finally, others that also think a sister wife may not be a bad idea. ?????

I mean, can we?! GOD! I'd LOVE sister wives! Promise, NO fighting over who gets him on Tuesdays. Or Thursdays. I'm flexible

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think Holly's wardrobe malfunction was a full frontal. She's kind of insinuated it didn't go as planned on instagram live but doesn't seem too bummed out or anything 

One of her interview questions was "Which country artist would you want to be and why?" She said she doesn't listen to country but said Kelly Clarkson, and then realized she's not really country. 

I'm bored so obviously I have nothing better to do than to watch Insta live...

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1

oh wow, that's Charlotte's daughter hanging out with Holly in the live video? wow, she really is bff with all those girls! 

Awesome that holly choreographed Jenna's solo AND her own. DANG! 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Spunkyyy said:

Meredith land put on her ig story "that's a wrap" so announcement should be coming soon! 

Please splain! Who is Meredith Land? And why do we care? I'm genuinely asking, not being a dick. I saw her name mentioned before and it's familiar, but I can't figure out why! Moochass Grassyass!

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

oh wow, that's Charlotte's daughter hanging out with Holly in the live video? wow, she really is bff with all those girls! 

Awesome that holly choreographed Jenna's solo AND her own. DANG! 

I mean. Right?! That girl. Skillz man.

1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

Please splain! Who is Meredith Land? And why do we care? I'm genuinely asking, not being a dick. I saw her name mentioned before and it's familiar, but I can't figure out why! Moochass Grassyass!

I mean. Right?! That girl. Skillz man.

Meredith is one of the judges! i forget if she is the news lady?? 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wait, also, I posted the wrong pic...I think Cristi has a Sarah Gourley thing, not Madi. Sorry man.

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Meredith is one of the judges! i forget if she is the news lady?? 

oooh ok, that makes sense, I knew she was judging but outside of that, her name is familiar! Thanks!

Edited by QuiteCalM
Just puttin the "I" in Crist"I"
3 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Wait, also, I posted the wrong pic...I think Cristi has a Sarah Gourley thing, not Madi. Sorry man.

oooh ok, that makes sense, I knew she was judging but outside of that, her name is familiar! Thanks!

hahah forgiven!! I do actually really like Cristi and think she is a doll but Madi is in my top five to make it to camp this year. BRITTNEY IS MY #1!! c'mon britt!! 

• Love 1