Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

This might help to see how the TCC scored last year at finals. If you watch episode 7 of season 11 at around 37 minutes they briefly show a list of the finalists. I paused it. It's a bit blurry but this is what I could make out so there very well may be inaccuracies.

1), 2) & 3) Chantal, Erica and Jenna - 14 yes votes.

4) Lacey - 13 Yes 1 Maybe

5) Cersten - 13 Yes 1 Maybe 

6) Kyndall - 12 Yes 2 Maybe

7) & 8) Jessika and Kelsey - 13 yes and 1 maybe vote.

9) Maggie - 11 yes and 3 maybe 

10) KaShara - 12 yes 1 maybe and 1 no

11) Heather had 13 Yes and 1 Maybe

12) Bethany 12 Yes 1 Maybe 1 No

13) Elizabeth 11 Yes 3 Maybe

14) Madeline 12 Yes and 2 Maybe

15) Jinelle 12 Yes 2 No

16) Stephanie 13 Yes 1 Mayve

17) Mandy 13 Yes 1 Maybe

18) Jessika 11 Yes 2 Maybe 1 No

19) Jennifer 10 Yes 3 Maybe 1 No

20) Milan 9 Yes 5 Maybe

21) Simone 11 Yes 3 Maybe

22) Jax  12 Yes 2 Maybe 

23) Amy 11 Yes 2 Maybe 1 No

24) Yuko 11 Yes 3 Maybe

25) Megan 10 Yes 3 Maybe No 1

26) Tess 11 Yes 2 Maybe 1 No

27) Robin 10 Yes 2 Maybe 2 No

28) Selina 9 Yes 4 Maybe 1 No

29) Danielle 10 Yes 2 Maybe 2 No

30) Claire 10 Yes 3 Maybe 1 No

31) Allie 11 Yes 1 Maybe 2 No

32) Emily 10 Yes 2 Maybe 2 No

33) Amy 7 Yes 7 Maybe

34) Can't read name

35) Amy 12 Yes 1 Maybe 1 No

36) Melissa 8 yes 5 Maybe 1 No

37) Khalyn - 7 Yes 5 Maybe 2 No

38) Brennan - 8 Yes 5 Maybe 1 No

There are more on the list but I can't make out the rest of the names.

There must be something other than the Yes No Maybe that the Judges give to determine ranking as some of the girls were lower ranked even though they had more Yes's. 

Edited by Shallan
  • Love 6

Everyone looks great in their dresses so far, no old lady clothes from Belk...so far so good. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Sorry if this sounds mean, but i think "ok looking" is being generous.  I will never understand how she made it.  And I don't understand why it's taken as gospel that she's so "sweet"...I recall a post from someone whose daughter did some DCC camp who said that she wasn't particularly nice to the kids at all (patience issues if I recall).

I think its the overseas thing, girls come from all over the globe ? to be a DCC. 

• Love 1

Maybe this should go in Unpopular opinions considering all the posts I'm seeing but I think Jinelle is gorgeous though I worry about how thin she is. Since her makeover I've found her stunning. 

@Shallan great list.  I don't see Holly maybe that's the one that's unreadable

(edited)
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

When I grow up I hope I am as 'ok looking' as jinelle :-D

And that is really weird that that girl is pushing the liking/sharing at this point...I guess they at least assume Kelli will be glancing over them and may see some nice comments that friends write about them. 

This. I mean sorry but if Jinelle is ugz, I don't wanna know what I am. Ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure that most people who come into contact with her in real life think she's a beautiful woman.

As far as girls asking for likes/comments on their photos, I highly doubt any of them think that there is a fan vote. We know there isn't, so I'm sure the girls trying out for the team are aware as well. My guess would be that they're trying to show that they're likeable/in demand and could be a fan favorite with the likes and comments on their photos, and it's quite possible that Kelli and co will actually look at the responses to see who has created the most buzz.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 9
Guest djd123

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following the show since Season 1 and following these boards for the past few years. 

Completely new to this so I have no idea how to quote other posts, but looking at the ranking list above for season 11, someone must have been pretty picky to give Lacey a Maybe...

7 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

We need someone to make up a photo roster with veterans and newcomers so we can keep up with them. I would volunteer but I'm not qualified. 

RedFin started it but I think we will officially make one when TC starts!! Too many girls right now :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I'm sorry Shelly please don't hate me:( 

Im not a fan of Dayton's dress

I love it! She's probably the prettiest facially of all of the candidates IMO.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

YES - I thought Amy has been looking teeny lately too and it struck me as kind of funny since it's at the point where she's retiring.  

Does anyone know what Amy T's boyfriend does?

I think its cute... I could never ever pull that off. She is super pretty. I am partial to brown hair and brown eyes though. I am so ready for tomorrow. Nobody seems like a good candidate to get cut but I've always been bad at that game. Like Kat and Caila... didn't see that coming.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I think its cute... I could never ever pull that off. She is super pretty. I am partial to brown hair and brown eyes though. I am so ready for tomorrow. Nobody seems like a good candidate to get cut but I've always been bad at that game. Like Kat and Caila... didn't see that coming.

You didn't see Kat's cut coming?! 

Dayton is very facially beautiful. Love her skin tone 

Only reason I would say that I didn't see Kat's coming is that I didn't see her making the team in the first place.  Maybe it was editing but she didn't seem like she fit. If she made it the first year and she was pretty much the same dancer, why say yes now and no later?

• Love 3

I think Dayton is the most intriguing for me. We haven't had a daughter make it this far since Cassie and Meredith. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and seeing what happens with her!

• Love 4

Love Dayton's dress, but if the middle is see through and shows exposed skin... that's pretty risky given Kat's interview tragedy. (But can't tell by the picture) So far Allie, Heather, and Maggie look the most put together and DCC like. They are absolutely stunning!! 

That's crazy they showed the list of TCC last season and their yes's no's and maybe's. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch. Very intresting to say the least. 

30 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

You didn't see Kat's cut coming

I did when I watched the season but not before auditions. I thought she would have been fine. I am rarely surprised by the cuts though.

28 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Love Dayton's dress, but if the middle is see through and shows exposed skin... that's pretty risky given Kat's interview tragedy. (But can't tell by the picture) So far Allie, Heather, and Maggie look the most put together and DCC like. They are absolutely stunning!! 

That's crazy they showed the list of TCC last season and their yes's no's and maybe's. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch. Very intresting to say the least. 

I think those are some kind of beading, not see through. Either way, is so minuscule compared to a cut out like Kat had. 

• Love 1
Guest djd123
3 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Maybe this should go in Unpopular opinions considering all the posts I'm seeing but I think Jinelle is gorgeous though I worry about how thin she is. Since her makeover I've found her stunning. 

@Shallan great list.  I don't see Holly maybe that's the one that's unreadable

33 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

I found a very clear frame of this list in Season 11 episode 7.  I see that even HOLLY received 1 maybe and 1 no! I wish there was a way for us to see the rankings of each girl at finals, it really is very interesting and somewhat surprising..

Just now, djd123 said:

I found a very clear frame of this list in Season 11 episode 7.  I see that even HOLLY received 1 maybe and 1 no! I wish there was a way for us to see the rankings of each girl at finals, it really is very interesting and somewhat surprising..

Who the F "no'd" my girl?!

• Love 8
Guest djd123
Just now, pizzaislife said:

I am not a Holly fan (too arrogant for me) but even I would have given her a yes. I mean the girl can dance. 

I see what you mean.  Even if she doesn't appeal to everyone, it's hard to deny she is one of the strongest dancers on the team.  Now I am curious which judge was dishing out all these Nos!

Cristi Fisher looks a lot like Kathryn Dunn. In my opinion, Kelli would look better with a better hair cut and color. Her hair and makeup makes her look older. Long hair does not flatter every DCC.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, djd123 said:

I see what you mean.  Even if she doesn't appeal to everyone, it's hard to deny she is one of the strongest dancers on the team.  Now I am curious which judge was dishing out all these Nos!

Yeah, she got a no but Simone didn't?

ETA:  Not saying Simone is bad, but IMO there's no question who's better.

Edited by ByTor
Guest djd123

And if you look at the order of the rankings, Holly barely even made Top 36 at finals.  She came in at 35, and Melissa is right behind her at 36. Something seems fishy about that.. I can't think how they possibly could have scored that low, unless they just bombed the written test or something. 

3 hours ago, Shallan said:

1), 2) & 3) Chantal, Erica and Jenna - 14 yes votes.  ? vote(my vote) maybe (the floatations devices are a bit much), yes, and I guess (no valid reason to say no other than she has become annoying)

4) Lacey - 13 Yes 1 Maybe  ? vote Heck yes!

5) Cersten - 13 Yes 1 Maybe ? Yes

6) Kyndall - 12 Yes 2 Maybe ? eh. I like her curls so she gets a maybe

7) & 8) Jessika and Kelsey - 13 yes and 1 maybe vote. ? No (I barely remember her) and Heck yes!

9) Maggie - 11 yes and 3 maybe ? triple yes

10) KaShara - 12 yes 1 maybe and 1 no ? yes (how did she get a no. These judges are dumb)

11) Heather had 13 Yes and 1 Maybe ? not sure which Heather but I love them both.

12) Bethany 12 Yes 1 Maybe 1 No ? no wasn't she crazy eyes 2.0?

13) Elizabeth 11 Yes 3 Maybe ? sure I can't really remember her. But she is a brunette so go her.

14) Madeline 12 Yes and 2 Maybe ? yep yep.

15) Jinelle 12 Yes 2 No ? no but just because she is my husbands favorite and I will never be that skinny... 

16) Stephanie 13 Yes 1 Maybe ? she gets a maybe. Sometimes she looks manly but her face is gorgeous

17) Mandy 13 Yes 1 Maybe ? yes

18) Jessika 11 Yes 2 Maybe 1 No ? maybe this is the jessika that I can't really remember.

19) Jennifer 10 Yes 3 Maybe 1 No ? how did she get a no. She is queen Dcc? She is good for the team but she seems too politically correct all the time. Give me some personality

20) Milan 9 Yes 5 Maybe ? no

21) Simone 11 Yes 3 Maybe ? maybe

22) Jax  12 Yes 2 Maybe ? yes cause she is brunette Cassie and it annoys people so I like it.

23) Amy 11 Yes 2 Maybe 1 No ? yes to both of them. They are just there for me.

24) Yuko 11 Yes 3 Maybe ?NO just no. 

25) Megan 10 Yes 3 Maybe No 1 ? No girl can dance but she isn't holding up the body aspect of the game.

26) Tess 11 Yes 2 Maybe 1 No ? who???? No. There are other tccs that are less forgetable 

27) Robin 10 Yes 2 Maybe 2 No ?yes

28) Selina 9 Yes 4 Maybe 1 No ? I get her mixed up with Simone. Names are too similar

29) Danielle 10 Yes 2 Maybe 2 No ? I adore her

30) Claire 10 Yes 3 Maybe 1 No ?who?

31) Allie 11 Yes 1 Maybe 2 No ? eh I guess she gets a maybe

32) Emily 10 Yes 2 Maybe 2 No ? who? Crazy eyes? Heckkkkk no. She creeps me out.. I mean she is nice. I don't have Jen Ks politicalness...

33) Amy 7 Yes 7 Maybe ? see other Amy 

34) Can't read name

35) Amy 12 Yes 1 Maybe 1 No ? no because there are too many Amy's and I don't know who is who.

36) Melissa 8 yes 5 Maybe 1 No ? yes yes yes

37) Khalyn - 7 Yes 5 Maybe 2 No ? yes

38) Brennan - 8 Yes 5 Maybe 1 No ? sure why not.

6 minutes ago, djd123 said:

And if you look at the order of the rankings, Holly barely even made Top 36 at finals.  She came in at 35, and Melissa is right behind her at 36. Something seems fishy about that.. I can't think how they possibly could have scored that low, unless they just bombed the written test or something. 

If you or anyone else sees any mistakes let me know so I can go back and edit. The list was kind of hard to see.

I love Kelsey and I hope she makes it back. I hope Madeline and Heather O make it back as well. 

I hope we get to see clips of the solos on the DCC page.

• Love 3

i think i remember that list from when it was posted before and being like whaaaat about some of the rankings...almost to where i wonder if Kelli planted a fake one for die hards like us to freeze frame  LOL  (jk i don't think she'd do that but some of the votes are ridic) 

I loveeeeeeeeeee Dayton's dress!!! that color looks incredible on her and i think it's flirty and fun but still classy and not scandalous.  I admit I am more the business jacket kind of person - esp for something like this - but i think this was a great choice for Dayton and will help her stand out in a good way.  It's from Elle Lain, I believe, which is run by former DCC Lauren Williams. I don't think she'd let a girl walk out with a style that may get them in trouble LOL 

• Love 2
Guest djd123
(edited)

Are we allowed to post screenshots of MTT on here? I have a pretty clear one of the list. 

Not sure if it's even relevant in this thread so please point me in the right direction if I should be discussing it elsewhere ?

Edited by djd123
4 minutes ago, djd123 said:

Are we allowed to post screenshots of MTT on here? I have a pretty clear one of the list. 

Not sure if it's even relevant in this thread so please point me in the right direction if I should be discussing it elsewhere ?

Do it! I'd like to see

and Kelsey!

• Love 12
Guest djd123

Kelsey looks so good there! Love that color. I really hope she did well. #TeamKelsey

Here's the best shot I got of the list:

Snip20170512_1.png

I thought the list was something to do with when the girls came in for the interview and not the actual way the girls were rank or voted on. @ShellyB is this the correct rank list?

I would love it if they would show the girls ranking like they did in Season 4 at the first meeting or focus more on the ranking pictures like they did in Season 3 when the vets were called in for their we can cut vets this year meeting.

I don't want to think that's the actual rank because the bottom is Amy, Tasha, Holly, Melissa, Raylee. That doesn't seem...right. Off to the side you can see points though, was this for interview or solos or..?

Guest djd123
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't want to think that's the actual rank because the bottom is Amy, Tasha, Holly, Melissa, Raylee. That doesn't seem...right. Off to the side you can see points though, was this for interview or solos or..?

I assumed the points were for everything added up, from solos, interview, written test, and field combo. But I really have no idea how the points work or what that column means.  Maybe Kelli should explain THAT scoring system instead of her other one! ;)

(edited)

I wonder if the "Amy" that's towards the bottom and highlighted is Amy T or current GSW Amy. I'm thinking GSW Amy and they were debating on cutting Amy AND/OR Kelsey which is why they were both highlighted 

EDIT: nvm, I see Amy T towards the top!

Also, how's Kelli Quinn gonna be at the very bottom there and make show group?!

Edited by Oklahomama
Guest djd123

Wouldn't there have been 3 Amy's? Amy T, Amy L, and Amy GSW? Or am I getting seasons mixed up now? I only see 2 on the list.

1 hour ago, djd123 said:

No possible way this ranked Holly and Melissa near the bottom. I don't think it's ranking. Maybe just order, etc.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

i think i remember that list from when it was posted before and being like whaaaat about some of the rankings...almost to where i wonder if Kelli planted a fake one for die hards like us to freeze frame  LOL  (jk i don't think she'd do that but some of the votes are ridic) 

I loveeeeeeeeeee Dayton's dress!!! that color looks incredible on her and i think it's flirty and fun but still classy and not scandalous.  I admit I am more the business jacket kind of person - esp for something like this - but i think this was a great choice for Dayton and will help her stand out in a good way.  It's from Elle Lain, I believe, which is run by former DCC Lauren Williams. I don't think she'd let a girl walk out with a style that may get them in trouble LOL 

It can't be rankings. No possible way.

40 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought the list was something to do with when the girls came in for the interview and not the actual way the girls were rank or voted on. @ShellyB is this the correct rank list?

I would love it if they would show the girls ranking like they did in Season 4 at the first meeting or focus more on the ranking pictures like they did in Season 3 when the vets were called in for their we can cut vets this year meeting.

This has to be it - just order of appearance or performance. I'd love to see the rankings, though.

19 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I can't imagine either Amy (who made it), Holly, or Melissa near the bottom. Actually not Tasha or Raylee either. This cannot rank talent, solo, field, fitness, test, etc. No possible way.

7 minutes ago, djd123 said:

Wouldn't there have been 3 Amy's? Amy T, Amy L, and Amy GSW? Or am I getting seasons mixed up now? I only see 2 on the list.

Yes. Three Amy's, and I can't imagine Amy T or Amy L being anywhere near the bottom.

• Love 2

I don't see any other reason as to what the points mean then.  Because points are, well points - and those 5 are last in points. Again, really want to know what all factors into that. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't see any other reason as to what the points mean then.  Because points are, well points - and those 5 are last in points. Again, really want to know what all factors into that. 

So confused. Maybe the count is just the count, but what does the total mean?

I definitely think it's ranking because why would Kelli being using a list of interview order on episode 7? Keep in mind,  how the ladies scored that day doesn't always equate to their value to the team in the eyes of Kelli and Judy.