Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: We Wanted Every Lie

Drogo

So the Doctor is a real MD/DO.  That is so disturbing.

I missed last week's episode.  What business is the new mark in?  How did Sally know that money was in the floor? 

General stuff:   Do we know how the they find their cons?  How discerning is Patrick's Aunt?!?!  Love her!!     

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

7the new mark is a banker. He may be embezzling. Saffron is his assistant. The maid found the money by feeling a loose floor board. 

Thank you GussieK!!!  After I posted I discovered I could watch the 2nd episode on Bravo!! 

Ridiculously fortuitous for the cons that Sally stepped down on the floor boards at that exact spot.

I just need to state for record that I am not in favor of the husbands and wife are running cons to catch Alice/Ava/Cece!!  Maybe the writers are making a statement about the human condition: We all look out for #1 first and foremost.  Or maybe it's something akin to how people in deep pain, grief and mourning can do things they would never do under normal circumstances and you never how you'll react until it happens. 

I'm very, very curious and really want to know. I know that I will be disappointed in the writers if they give an answer that I consider to be lame.  I also know that I am investing way too much time wondering about this, it is a Bravo series after all and not Game of Thrones, The Americans, The Walking Dead, etc.                       

• Love 3

Anyone else think Patrick is running  his own con? Maybe he's FBI and is tracking down the gang in the hopes of snaring the doctor?  The coffee shop initial meeting seemed awfully convenient. Would love to see this twist!

• Love 10

The older con guy....he's the fake IT guy for "Saffron's" boss' company...I'm very confused how/why he slept with the woman in the bar. Who is she? How did he find her?   He stole some info from her briefcase, but who's data was it?  Are those numbers related to the current mark's business?  Is that what he called "the doctor" about?  Is the current mark skimming money and that's where the floor money is coming from?  How does the the group pick their marks? Are they going after people who cheat the doctor?  I like this show, but I need some answers on the con side of things if I'm going to stay interested!  

I like Patrick and his family.  The aunt is awesome and I hope she's back for more shade throwing.  I still have a problem with Maddie's baby voice.  It's super annoying and I'm not sure if it's her real voice or if she just puts it on when she's around any man. 

• Love 8

I wouldn't be surprised if Ezra, Jules, and the other one end us as cons working for the doctor themselves eventually. 

I don't trust Patrick and his family. I think Maddie's getting a taste of her own medicine right now. 

• Love 3

If "Ava", "Saffron", "Alice" (ASA) is straight and can go into a fake marriage as a lesbian, then I don't see why she can't bring herself to get it on with her new boss.  Do you think ASA can only get it on with attractive people, male or female doesn't matter?  Or do you think she's falling for Patrick and may feel like she's cheating?  I can't figure this one out.

However, I am really enjoying this show.  The two guys are very funny together.  Throwing the "wife" into the mix, especially one who has graduated from the school of hard knocks really took it up a notch.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

If "Ava", "Saffron", "Alice" (ASA) is straight and can go into a fake marriage as a lesbian, then I don't see why she can't bring herself to get it on with her new boss.  Do you think ASA can only get it on with attractive people, male or female doesn't matter?  Or do you think she's falling for Patrick and may feel like she's cheating?  I can't figure this one out.

However, I am really enjoying this show.  The two guys are very funny together.  Throwing the "wife" into the mix, especially one who has graduated from the school of hard knocks really took it up a notch.

I think that she can get it on with anybody for the sake of the con but doesn't want to with the new boss.  The "husbands" are young and cute and the 'wife" is young and pretty so I'm sure that she found it far easier to be with them rather than an older, fluffy guy.

I watch the Americans and the leads sleep with all kinds of "different" types of people as spies. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

The older con guy....he's the fake IT guy for "Saffron's" boss' company...I'm very confused how/why he slept with the woman in the bar. Who is she? How did he find her?   He stole some info from her briefcase, but who's data was it?  Are those numbers related to the current mark's business?  Is that what he called "the doctor" about?  Is the current mark skimming money and that's where the floor money is coming from?  How does the the group pick their marks? Are they going after people who cheat the doctor?  I like this show, but I need some answers on the con side of things if I'm going to stay interested!  

I like Patrick and his family.  The aunt is awesome and I hope she's back for more shade throwing.  I still have a problem with Maddie's baby voice.  It's super annoying and I'm not sure if it's her real voice or if she just puts it on when she's around any man. 

I'm right there with you as to the confusion of several things but I do love the show!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I thought the actress who played the wife overdid it. She needs to tone it down.

Agree, she was over the top.  Apparently her family has money, so it's not like she was raised in the hood.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:22 AM, BusyOctober said:

I had to watch this a couple times to (sort of) figure it out. So the woman in the bar was "Heller's courier" whatever that means, and somehow what was in the briefcase proves Heller is skimming money. So I guess maybe they picked him as the mark partly because they were suspicious of him? It sounds like he was already working for the Doctor ("the launderer has been stealing the laundry"). 

4 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Agree, she was over the top.  Apparently her family has money, so it's not like she was raised in the hood.

I think she's playing a stereotype of an over-analyzed, high strung, high maintenance person, not someone from "the hood."

• Love 4

I agree with all the issues everyone is raising here.  This show is going to be interesting, and there are many unanswered questions, but they'll keep us watching.  

In any con artist show, you have to have some sympathy for the con artist or you won't go along.  Here the victims are turning the tables and becoming con artists, but they have developed a code that supposedly lets the audience sympathize. The first three victims don't seem to have been stealing from anyone else--they were just well off to begin with.  But the new guy appears to be stealing from the bank, hence we are less sympathetic to him.   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GussieK said:

The first three victims don't seem to have been stealing from anyone else--they were just well off to begin with.

Has anyone figured out the "car salesman"? I mean, most car salesmen aren't rich, and it didn't seem like he owned the joint since I seem to recall him "being removed from the dealership" once he was dumped. So why would he be a mark?

• Love 2
On 2/23/2017 at 5:22 AM, BusyOctober said:

I still have a problem with Maddie's baby voice.  It's super annoying and I'm not sure if it's her real voice or if she just puts it on when she's around any man. 

You and me both.  It drives me CRAZY.  I think it's her "acting" voice because I don't recall that she spoke that way when meeting up with the other two cons before she assumed her "Saffron" identity. 

On 2/22/2017 at 11:17 AM, bioprof said:

Anyone else think Patrick is running  his own con? Maybe he's FBI and is tracking down the gang in the hopes of snaring the doctor?  The coffee shop initial meeting seemed awfully convenient. Would love to see this twist!

Me!  Me!  I've had that thought since she met Patrick.  I hope so.  That would be so much awesomeness. 

I love his aunt.  Boy, does she have Saffron/Maddie's number.  She can read people, for sure, but Saffron/Maddie is laying it on too thick.  At least it's too thick when other women are noticing and judging. 

I love the new wife being added to the mix.  It's like some bizarre Three Stooges. 

On 2/24/2017 at 3:54 PM, dleighg said:

Has anyone figured out the "car salesman"? I mean, most car salesmen aren't rich, and it didn't seem like he owned the joint since I seem to recall him "being removed from the dealership" once he was dumped. So why would he be a mark?

Hmmm, good question.  I hadn't thought about it before.  I wonder if he was more of a side thing - - like he wasn't the main mark but being with him allowed Saffron/Maddie access to the dealership or something else?   They all work in connection so it will be interesting to see what roles the other man and other woman played in his duping.

• Love 3

Agree with all the above.

I still have a problem with Maddie's baby voice.  It's super annoying and I'm not sure if it's her real voice or if she just puts it on when she's around any man. 

I think she used it when she was alone with Leo and Sally, before she met Gary.

Agree with all the above.

I think she used it when she was alone with Leo and Sally, before she met Gary.