Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Glue

Apparently a type of woman wants Nick. It's a good thing Paul's girlfriend never met Nick. 

I don't usually like Reagan, but I did enjoy her failed paraphrase of Jess's heartfelt pep talk. It's pretty clear that Nick/Jess are endgame, since Jess has regularly understood Nick's needs better than Reagan. 

Winston continues to be the light of my life. 

• Love 5

Getting to hear Schmidt's pronunciation of "ca-caine" again was the best. I swear, Max Greenfield's quirky-ass line deliveries are consistently my favourite thing about this show.

• Love 6
(edited)

While I think it's really sweet that Winston wants to give Aly the perfect (20 phase) proposal, I don't blame Cece and Schmidt almost losing it after learning that today was just phase one, especially since what he did today didn't require their help AT ALL. He could have let Aly go about her normal day WITHOUT their presence and then called her when he had everything set up. I know he wanted them to drive back together, but that doesn't mean that Schmidt and Cece had to distract her all day.

Aly's delight about the cactus picnic just goes to show that she and Winston are perfect for each other!

Cece and Schmidt should have known that Winston wasn't really proposing when they realized that Ferguson wasn't there.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

Waaaay too much Reagan in this episode.  I can't stand her whispery baby voice delivery. I wasn't a big fan of Nick+ Jess together, but at this point I'd take it back and never complain again.  Hell, I'd take Nick + Ferguson or Nick + Ally's cactus as a more realistic couple. 

Schmidt continues to be the best thing ever.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Maya said:

It continues to make zero sense why someone like Reagan would be interested in someone like Nick. 

Agree. What is going on there? Is she serving community service? Seems to me that she clearly isn't interested in him. Even someone who isn't overly sentimental or full of romantic gestures would be able to demonstrate some ways (big or small) that they care about their BF or GF. 

Edited by msani19
  • Love 2

Why did they already have enough preprinted copies of the book, printed in a format that would easily be craftible into a paperback just sitting around? It should've been much much much much more difficult for them to manufacture those books. It even looked like the pages were double-sided. Who has that sitting around? Or we're supposed to believe in between Reagan arranging the event they went to Kinko's before Jess did her prototype? It seemed like she walked out shortly thereafter the way it was edited.

And why would Reagan think if he just got rejected by a publisher that he could somehow come up with 30 books in less than a day? None of it made any sense.

• Love 3

What a friggin snoozefest. Winston and Schmidt are keeping this show alive right now. We saw way too much of Reagan's cold, plastic face for my liking. I guess if there's one good takeaway, it's that Reagan appears to be realizing that she just doesn't understand Nick. Hopefully this will lead to a break up. I would love to see Nick be the one to end it for the sake of character growth.  I think Nick and Reagan are both coming to the realization that they don't "click" but one of them has to step up and say it. Come on, Nick!  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Why did they already have enough preprinted copies of the book, printed in a format that would easily be craftible into a paperback just sitting around? It should've been much much much much more difficult for them to manufacture those books. It even looked like the pages were double-sided. Who has that sitting around? Or we're supposed to believe in between Reagan arranging the event they went to Kinko's before Jess did her prototype? It seemed like she walked out shortly thereafter the way it was edited.

And why would Reagan think if he just got rejected by a publisher that he could somehow come up with 30 books in less than a day? None of it made any sense.

I agree, it was sloppy. Reagan is supposed to be such a planner and stickler for detail so it just wasn't right that she would expect they could pull that off.  It would have made more sense if Jess had to run to her school and make a bunch of copies on 8 1/2 x 11 paper and slop together a cover to fit that. 

• Love 2

This episode had a few good laughs in it, like Nick running away and tripping over the sofa (although, clearly a body double), and Schmidt and Cece trying to keep Ally from leaving by pretending to have marital troubles. Nick and Jess getting high off the glue was pretty funny too. That said, Reagan is still an albatross around this show's neck and they need to get rid of her sooner rather than later. She just doesn't belong here, and the anvils and Nick and Jess belonging together are falling hard. The show is really hitting us over the head now with how much better Jess knows Nick than Reagan. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, theatremouse said:

This totally bugged me as well... it made no sense how Jess just disappeared with her craft table and comes back with a totally professional book? And then they had enough to make 29 more?

And I also know I'm overthinking this - but what's up with Schmidt and CeCe's house? A few weeks ago they were hosting a party there and it looked totally done, but yet they are still living at the loft? I know that's just because they want them there for story purposes, but it also makes no sense to me!

2 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

The "supporting" cast continues to do the heavy lifting here. But at least the glue scenes were good for some slapstick chuckles. "A backyard is not big enough"

True. Solid physical comedy going on in this one. My favorite was Jess tipping over backwards turtle with the backpack. The timing of the fall was excellent.

4 minutes ago, srpturtle80 said:

And I also know I'm overthinking this - but what's up with Schmidt and CeCe's house? A few weeks ago they were hosting a party there and it looked totally done, but yet they are still living at the loft? I know that's just because they want them there for story purposes, but it also makes no sense to me!

I don't remember which, but in that episode when they planned the party they specifically mentioned certain rooms that were done and others that weren't and needed to be avoided. I think part of it has been implied to be permit related. Like, if they did plumbing or electrical in some rooms, even if it's done, they can't close walls until it's signed off, which can get delayed. Not that they ever show parts of the house looking really construction-ey at this point, but I think that's the general gist.

Also I hate Winston for using "paint the house" as his lie without running it by them first. I'm possibly overly sensitive about new house painting but man, don't fuck with that. If they already had it professionally painted would NOT want that at all. Not cool, Winnie the Bish.

• Love 1

Schmidt and Cece really are great together. I got a decent amount of laughs out of their awkwardness, and then their anger at realizing this wasn't the actual proposal. Come on guys. You know Ferguson will be involved in that proposal. He IS Winston's child!

Reagan got a few laughs too, but I still have no idea why she and Nick are a thing. At least with Nick and Jess, they were opposites, but I saw their connection. I still do. I don't see that with Nick and Reagan.

• Love 3
On 2/8/2017 at 10:29 AM, iMonrey said:

the anvils and Nick and Jess belonging together are falling hard. The show is really hitting us over the head now with how much better Jess knows Nick than Reagan. 

F'real. It's really off-putting and was one of the reasons I stopped watching this show two seasons ago (for the record, I shipped them hard until the show was basically shoving them down our throats).