Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: I Remember Her Now

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

A bit of a break before this airs.

The body of a 15-year-old girl is found crushed in an abandoned building after she runs away from a treatment center for troubled girls. Voight sends Halstead undercover as a guard to work from the inside at the center, where he believes the girls are trading sexual favors for something in return. Meanwhile, Platt feels guilty because the victim was brought into the District last year, and Platt doesn't remember her.

I have to admit this is the only episode I can be bothered re-watching since Ruzek's been gone. Seeing Halstead actually have something to do that did not involve fapping over Lindsay was a pleasant reminder that he used to be a good character.

Thank god Ruzek's back next week....the show is kinda meh without him. Now if we could just get Lindsay to go Undercover for the rest of the season that'd be awesome

• Love 2

I knew Trudy was going to do that for poor Sam. I heart her so much.

Stupid of social worker telling Trudy how to not let things affect her--Trudy's been a cop for only a few decades. I believe that was Gabby's social worker who non-facilitated Louie's non-adoption, so sure, why not.

How could there be even an iota of suspicion among the detectives that Halsted had it on with the girl, when everyone is at HQ being all quiet about it and putting Halsted on the defensive? Seriously, Show, c'mon. 

I noticed the group scene at the beginning over Sam's dead body that everyone got to contribute at least one line except Atwater. Again, and louder this time--C'MON SHOW!!!! Not good, not good at all.

1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Stupid of social worker telling Trudy how to not let things affect her--Trudy's been a cop for only a few decades. I believe that was Gabby's social worker who non-facilitated Louie's non-adoption, so sure, why not.

Yes, it was the same social worker and I really liked that since that keeps it all in the same universe.

I don't think she told Trudy how to not get affected, I think what she was doing was reminding Trudy of how they all do their jobs and that Trudy couldn't remember her because Trudy, like everyone else in law enforcement, knows that they cannot let themselves be affected by it. They have to do their job and forgot about it in order to do that job and I'm pretty sure that was what the social worker was saying, so Trudy wouldn't continue to beat herself up over not remembering the girl.

1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

How could there be even an iota of suspicion among the detectives that Halsted had it on with the girl, when everyone is at HQ being all quiet about it and putting Halsted on the defensive? Seriously, Show, c'mon. 

I was really wondering why they put that in, actually. Does Halstead really believe that they think something happened? I didn't think that anyone thought that. Last season, Voight cornered him when he thought that something could have happened between Charisma Carpenter's character and him, and Voight was absolutely cool this time around. And I didn't think that anyone exhibited any behavior that suggested they thought they believed something had happened. That was just weird.

What I don't like with shows like these is that sometimes, they're characters are affected by something and then when it's not convenient, they're not. When we think back to the episode when someone in a shelter had been killed and Lindsay revealed that she had been in a shelter, she was affected. There are other instances when she was affected, too, so, given her past, shouldn't she have been affected by this, too? After all, given her past, this could have been her. And yet, for convenience, it was all about Halstead. I realize that that is because of time and cases and all of that, it's just something I noticed and why other case-driven shows probably stick to not delving in character background. They gave Lindsay a backstory that is developed in a way that I find rather uncharacteristic for these kinds of shows. I like it, but it makes me torn in episodes like this one. On the one hand, you have a missed opportunity, on the other hand, you have a great episode.

I had to smile at the end because there was something about the girl wanting to be left in a quiet place but the place where they put the ashes in the lake is anything but quiet in summer. ;-)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

What I don't like with shows like these is that sometimes, they're characters are affected by something and then when it's not convenient, they're not. When we think back to the episode when someone in a shelter had been killed and Lindsay revealed that she had been in a shelter, she was affected. There are other instances when she was affected, too, so, given her past, shouldn't she have been affected by this, too? After all, given her past, this could have been her. And yet, for convenience, it was all about Halstead. I realize that that is because of time and cases and all of that, it's just something I noticed and why other case-driven shows probably stick to not delving in character background. They gave Lindsay a backstory that is developed in a way that I find rather uncharacteristic for these kinds of shows. I like it, but it makes me torn in episodes like this one. On the one hand, you have a missed opportunity, on the other hand, you have a great episode.

I had to smile at the end because there was something about the girl wanting to be left in a quiet place but the place where they put the ashes in the lake is anything but quiet in summer. ;-)

Yeah, but then you'd have certain people whining about how the show gives too much screentime to Lindsay.

It's a bit of a missed opportunity that they didn't make Burgess the UC.  Not only would she be less vulnerable to accusations of impropriety (I knew a guy who worked as security for a female juvenile justice center, and he talked about how clumsy seduction attempts bordering on full-out sexual assault aimed at the male employees were a matter of routine).  But she's also very young and incredibly earnest, and both qualities could be useful in that kind of setting (even if they normally make her pretty punchable).

Edited by Mars477
49 minutes ago, Mars477 said:

Yeah, but then you'd have certain people whining about how the show gives too much screentime to Lindsay.

I know and I don't really begrudge them. I love shows in which characters have a backstory and since Lindsay has one of the most developed on the show, she's my favorite character, but I get that some people just wanna watch the show for the case.

It's a bit of a missed opportunity that they didn't make Burgess the UC.  Not only would she be less vulnerable to accusations of impropriety (I knew a guy who worked as security for a female juvenile justice center, and he talked about how clumsy seduction attempts bordering on full-out sexual assault aimed at the male employees were a matter of routine).  But she's also very young and incredibly earnest, and both qualities could be useful in that kind of setting (even if they normally make her pretty punchable).

Yes and no. On the one hand, you're right, on the other hand, I already felt that Burgess was in way over her head back in S1 when she went undercover with Nadia. I find that Burgess is out of her depth in that kind of setting. (Not to mention that I think we've had enough of Burgess lately but that is merely my personal opinion because she's not among my favorite characters. Although, if we've had less of her in previous episodes and they had given her that one, I would have been fine with it).

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, Mars477 said:

I think the intent was to send in Halstead and have him make friends with the male guards, who were likely suspects, and pretend to get in on whatever shady shit they had going on. I think it would be harder for Burgess to do the same thing even if she wasn't terrible.

On 2/10/2017 at 2:13 AM, Mars477 said:

I sure hope he stays gone for a long time.  Don't miss him at all, and his replacement is a hundred times better.

I like the new guy too. Seems more believable as someone who would get picked for an elite unit rather than a guy pulled right out of police academy.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, Mars477 said:

Not only would she be less vulnerable to accusations of impropriety (I knew a guy who worked as security for a female juvenile justice center, and he talked about how clumsy seduction attempts bordering on full-out sexual assault aimed at the male employees were a matter of routine).

I think that was the point?  I got the impression that they already suspected that as well, so it had to be a (good looking) guy to go undercover.  Plus, Burgess is the worst...

• Love 2

Wasn't Halstead wired the whole time? Remember, he showed Ellie on the landing to get her to believe he was really a cop? It would have been rather difficult for him to do anything unseemly with any of the girls, or it would have been recorded...