Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Anticipation: Chicago Sweethearts

• Start Topic

Married at First Sight Season 5 Spoilers & Spin-Off Updates

I would say this is almost no spoiler for season 5. Seriously mild.  They did say it would appear "mid 2017"

They will decide to choose three compatible pairs, reports Deadline.

I am glad they switched form incompatible pairs, that was not working so good. 

FYI Gives 'Married At First Sight' Season 5 Go Signal; Location And Release Date Revealed

this has more minimal spoilers

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I would say this is almost no spoiler for season 5. Seriously mild.  They did say it would appear "mid 2017"

FYI Gives 'Married At First Sight' Season 5 Go Signal; Location And Release Date Revealed

I wanted to read these, but the ads are so horrible that my NEW laptop gags on them when they all try to run at once and insist on running at full volume. When are these sites going to learn that they're making their content absolutely unreadable???

I had to start using ad blocker because some sites would get diverted top popcash. I would go through and delete everything that could possibly send stuff there, I ran all kinds of malware fixes, still had the problem.  you can turn it off to allow some sites to get the cash if you support them.

• Love 2
On 1/18/2017 at 1:31 AM, holly4755 said:

They can say they will be compatible but it doesn't mean they will be with how those so called "experts" are. Wouldn't be surprised to see the "fix each other" issues as usual as part of how they paired them. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1

"The participants are from the Philippines, Korea, France, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom. Just the thought that there might be a chance for mixing cultures and a possible language barrier can add an interesting twist to the series."

That doesn't sound like they're going for compatibility, it sounds like they're going for drama & ratings, as usual.

• Love 5
On 1/18/2017 at 2:31 AM, holly4755 said:

HA!! 

On 1/27/2017 at 6:48 AM, gonecrackers said:

"The participants are from the Philippines, Korea, France, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom. Just the thought that there might be a chance for mixing cultures and a possible language barrier can add an interesting twist to the series."

That doesn't sound like they're going for compatibility, it sounds like they're going for drama & ratings, as usual.

Oh good god.  They have enough trouble already.  

I cannot believe everyone doesn't have Ad Blocker.  Click on, you want it.  DONE!  It appears instantly and free. Nothing has ever been easier.  

I am looking forward to this ridiculous show without shame!  

I would love to see a 'where are they now' episode before the season starts, even if they have divorced.  And including all seasons.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2017 at 11:27 AM, wings707 said:

I would love to see a 'where are they now' episode before the season starts, even if they have divorced.  And including all seasons.  

I'm surprised they haven't done this yet. We all know most of those people would gladly jump at the chance to do a show like that and get a nice paycheck for it. LOL 

• Love 6

A&E owns Lifetime and FYI so that is why its bounced around. Probably want to see if it will get more ratings on Lifetime then FYI or A&E. Lifetime does have a different audience then something like A&E and FYI. So maybe hoping to catch those watching their "romance" movies with the ads and get them into watching it maybe. All I know is this really should be the last season with how they have just gotten worse over time. Yet I will be here for the fun snark with the rest of you all. 

• Love 5

The new cast members are up:

-Anthony D'Amico, 33 year old sales and marketing professional

-Ashley Petta, 30 year old restaurant manager

-Cody Knapek, 26 year old entrepreneur

-Danielle DeGroot, 30 year old dietician

-Nate Duhun, 26 year old business manager

-Sheila Downs, 31 year old school district director of operations

Regardless of the matches, two older women will be paired with be paired with 2 younger men.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 1

Yes because matching 2 older women with 2 younger is the way to go. SMH Goes to show they do not care about anything more then whatever drama might come from things. I have to wonder will we see them match Sheila and Nate since they never seem to really do an interracial couple or will we get a couple of interracial couples this season? If not we know one match out of the gate because they haven't done that. I could form opinions of these people off their pictures but we shall see if they match that or what. LOL 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Yes because matching 2 older women with 2 younger is the way to go. SMH Goes to show they do not care about anything more then whatever drama might come from things. I have to wonder will we see them match Sheila and Nate since they never seem to really do an interracial couple or will we get a couple of interracial couples this season? If not we know one match out of the gate because they haven't done that. I could form opinions of these people off their pictures but we shall see if they match that or what. LOL 

To be fair, they've had a lot of interracial couples (all of season 2, Neil/Sam, Sonia/Nick, Tom/Lilly--although Latino isn't a race so maybe the last two pairings plus Jessica/Ryan are technically interethnic) but never a black and white pairing. Based on the descriptions, it does sound like Sheila and Nate will be paired since they're both devout Christians and want to be matched with a fellow believer. But the show could just be trying to throw us off.

1 hour ago, Gobears said:

The new cast members are up:

-Anthony D'Amico, 33 year old sales and marketing professional  associate in video games at Best Buy. 

-Ashley Petta, 30 year old restaurant manager. 

-Cody Knapek, 26 year old entrepreneur sells selfie sticks at a car wash. 

-Danielle DeGroot, 30 year old dietician

-Nate Duhun, 26 year old business manager   works in a Hot Topic mall store

-Sheila Downs, 31 year old school district director of operations.

Regardless of the matches, two older women will be paired with be paired with 2 younger men.

Fixed this for you.  :^)  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 9

wings707 LMAO that was great. 

4 hours ago, Gobears said:

To be fair, they've had a lot of interracial couples (all of season 2, Neil/Sam, Sonia/Nick, Tom/Lilly--although Latino isn't a race so maybe the last two pairings plus Jessica/Ryan are technically interethnic) but never a black and white pairing. Based on the descriptions, it does sound like Sheila and Nate will be paired since they're both devout Christians and want to be matched with a fellow believer. But the show could just be trying to throw us off.

Well as you said Latino isn't really a race so I don't really count those pairings. Neil and Sam, well most people will say no there because they are both considered white. But I was thinking more along the lines anyway of we haven't had a black and white pairing. If it goes by how the past shows have been we still won't. As you said they did both bring up religion so they will throw that out as the reason for matching them and really we when looking at past seasons we know that won't work if its all they have in common. Of course if one was so into their religion though I doubt they would be doing this show since there is, sadly, a 99% chance of divorce happening at the end. No matter what though it would be nice if we had a season where they actually picked and matched couples that had things in common and not things in common that will equal drama but a good pairing. 

• Love 2

Yes, having a black and white pairing would kind of be like crossing the final frontier on this show--I guess it's more taboo than Asian/white or Latino/white pairings in some way? Although to be fair, there are more new mixed marriages between whites/Hispanics and whites/Asian than whites/blacks. The Latino thing is tricky because I don't think Lilly, Sonia (probably the most white-passing of the three women-she said Lilly thought she was Israeli when they first met) or Jessica would consider themselves to be white so their marriages were still mixed. Neil was half-Indian and Sam was half-Latino so their marriage was still interracial although they are both white-passing. Davina/Sean pairing definitely interracial.

I agree that if they were really religious that they wouldn't do this show.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gobears said:

I agree that if they were really religious that they wouldn't do this show.

ITA on this as well.

I'm guessing an older, more career oriented woman with a not so go getter guy...  oh, wait, they did that already, except she was younger. Okay, there is a difference!

Edited by gonecrackers
fixing stuff
  • Love 1

Idea too late for this season but maybe they will see it:

Find someone who has been superficial in their choices of partners in past & wants to connect with a person, not just a look. Then match him/her with a not so bad looking pudger (I say this affectionately being a pudger myself). Then we tune in every week to see how much mr. or ms. superficial rises above.

If they want good TV well there it is! 

(no, I don't work for the show)

Edited by gonecrackers
forgot word
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Find someone who has been superficial in their choices of partners in past & wants to connect with a person, not just a look. Then match him/her with a not so bad looking pudger (I say this affectionately being a pudger myself). Then we tune in every week to see how much mr. or ms. superficial rises above.

Isn't this basically the situation with Ashley and David from season 3? She talked about how she was always caught up on looks and David was on the bigger size and that failed spectacularly.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Isn't this basically the situation with Ashley and David from season 3? She talked about how she was always caught up on looks and David was on the bigger size and that failed spectacularly.

Was he 'bigger'? I thought she was into dark & he was light hair/skin & that didn't do it for her. I didn't see him as a pudge though... or Sonia for that matter although she was spoken about that way on the boards during the shows.

I also read Ashley just entered the show to make an ex jealous; maybe that was just gossip though.

My point being they don't seem to care about making marriages as much as creating challenges.

Edited by gonecrackers
clarification
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Was he 'bigger'? I thought she was into dark & he was light hair/skin & that didn't do it for her. I didn't see him as a pudge though...

People on the Internet seemed to think he was far, so did David who explained he had knee surgery and wasn't as active as he normally was so had gained a lot of weight, I believe he has since lost several pounds.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nate is already pushing his T-shirt company on SM. Hope he doesn't wear his clothing during the show or it will seem like someone else we saw...

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 1

Many Hispanics are by DNA part Caucasian and part Native American (or something geneticists term "Amerindian" to distinguish it from the North American tribal group) so depending on their DNA percentages they could be considered mixed race marriages.

So this is moving to Lifetime now?  I don't know if that means they're too happy with the ratings.  I'm glad I follow this board or I'd never have known that as my DVR is set for A&E.  How can moving it be good for ratings if a lot of people won't know that it's moving?  Weird, but whatev's, I'll be back to watching it with all of you for better or worse I suppose (hah, unintentional pun there)!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I don't know if that means they're too happy with the ratings. 

I am pretty sure Lifetime is actually the more high profile of the two so to me it indicates that they are happy with it and think it has room to grow.

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am pretty sure Lifetime is actually the more high profile of the two so to me it indicates that they are happy with it and think it has room to grow.

More high profile than A&E?  I forget which channel I watched it on last season to tell the truth.  They keep switching it around and were even playing it on 2 channels at the same time a couple of seasons ago so it's hard to keep track.

BTW, I just noticed today that my DVR has automatically switched my recording settings to Lifetime.  I'm with Comcast, but I'm not sure that would happen with other cable companies.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Gobears said:

Nate is already pushing his T-shirt company on SM. Hope he doesn't wear his clothing during the show or it will seem like someone else we saw...

Great so another one of these idiots. SMH figures really. At this point I don't expect anyone that wants anything more but 15 mins of fame and to push something as they are married to a stranger. I wonder how many of these people have tried for other reality shows (and how many) but were turned down but ended up with this one? I know its probably not a lot but heck Jamie was on others before this. Now if we see this dude wearing his crap all the time like Nick it shows even more he is there to hawk his crap. Sorry but this show shouldn't be allowing it...that goes for on the show and in the SM linked to the show. 

3 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

More high profile than A&E?  I forget which channel I watched it on last season to tell the truth.  They keep switching it around and were even playing it on 2 channels at the same time a couple of seasons ago so it's hard to keep track.

BTW, I just noticed today that my DVR has automatically switched my recording settings to Lifetime.  I'm with Comcast, but I'm not sure that would happen with other cable companies.

We are on Time Warner/Spectrum and it changes on its own too. Yet I will have to redo mine since we got new boxes when we moved and everything starts over then. 

Like I said I have a feeling they switched to Lifetime looking to tap into the audience that watches that channel a lot. I would never flip it on myself but for this show. A&E is a different type of channel compared to Lifetime. I know since they did start airing it on A&E they were still playing it on FYI and that is where I stayed to watch it. So now it will be Lifetime. I don't know if it will do better with ratings on that channel or any channel at this point with how much of a shitfest this show has become more and more each year. If the one guy tries to pawn his clothing line off while on it that will turn people off when they take notice. When new viewers start to see this show is not what it claims it is with making matches it will turn them off possibly too. I wouldn't be surprised if its testing the waters. As I searched I see they are trying to cast for the next season in Boston. Yet IMO this show should have been done a bit ago. Especially thanks to the idiots that think they are "experts." 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I wonder how many of these people have tried for other reality shows (and how many) but were turned down but ended up with this one? I know its probably not a lot but heck Jamie was on others before this. Now if we see this dude wearing his crap all the time like Nick it shows even more he is there to hawk his crap. Sorry but this show shouldn't be allowing it...that goes for on the show and in the SM linked to the show. 

I've heard that Sean tried to get on Survivor and Nick was on Million Dollar Listing Miami prior to MAFS. Has anyone seen his appearance? I wonder if he had the same, dry persona.

A lot of participants on the show seem to be self-employed which makes sense because many reputable employers wouldn't want their employees to be on this show. Sonia even mentioned that her old job was going to write her up for being on MAFS so she got a new job.

Cody from this season is listed as an "entrepreneur" and Anthony is the co-founder of a magazine called Forefront. Ashley is a restaurant manager and Danielle does dietary coaching/nutritional brand promotion along with her regular job. Hope they won't be plugging their businesses as well...The only person whose job doesn't seem to involve self-promotion is Sheila, the school administrator.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Gobears said:

I've heard that Sean tried to get on Survivor and Nick was on Million Dollar Listing Miami prior to MAFS. Has anyone seen his appearance? I wonder if he had the same, dry persona.

A lot of participants on the show seem to be self-employed which makes sense because many reputable employers wouldn't want their employees to be on this show. Sonia even mentioned that her old job was going to write her up for being on MAFS so she got a new job.

Cody from this season is listed as an "entrepreneur" and Anthony is the co-founder of a magazine called Forefront. Ashley is a restaurant manager and Danielle does dietary coaching/nutritional brand promotion along with her regular job. Hope they won't be plugging their businesses as well...The only person whose job doesn't seem to involve self-promotion is Sheila, the school administrator.

I thought about it with the ones that seemed to be self-employed when I was looking at the one link. All I could think of was how many are going to push something on us and who they end up "married" too. So sadly I see a season of MAFS with a bunch of them hawking their crap instead of what the show was suppose to be about. Heck even Sheila, the school admin can have some trick up her sleeve. I've come across enough of them over the years, and having family that has worked with many, know how many of them can get. I'm starting to get to the point that I have to wonder if the show is even having them legally get married like they claim. Has anyone ever looked up the marriage license info for them? So much crap with "reality" tv is just so full of shit at this point that I couldn't help but start to even question most the stuff on shows. Heck My Big Fat American Gypsy Weddings and Gypsy Sisters are good examples of BS shows that have done nothing but lie about the people on them. No one hides it well either how much of a fraud the shows are. 

Editing to add that Nick has the show mentioned here https://www.trulia.com/profile/nick-pendergrast-agent-fort-lauderdale-fl-zgr4pqd8/about but says his team leader is on it. He also had a video up of one episode so maybe he is in that. I didn't watch it but just did a little quick google search. 

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Given human nature, it's has to be impossible to find someone truly genuine using this method on TV. 

Agree. Yet it doesn't help when the show ends up what it does either and shows it doesn't care if people are truly genuine or not. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Editing to add that Nick has the show mentioned here https://www.trulia.com/profile/nick-pendergrast-agent-fort-lauderdale-fl-zgr4pqd8/about but says his team leader is on it. He also had a video up of one episode so maybe he is in that. I didn't watch it but just did a little quick google search. 

I tried to watch the episode but couldn't get past a few minutes of it. The realtors are too obnoxious...oh well.

Also, someone on Reddit photographed one of the season 5 couples, Ashley and Anthony, on their honeymoon in the Bahamas about 7 months ago and that they seemed miserable and awkward together. Don't know how legitimate the info is but the person knew the name of the couple...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarriedAtFirstSight/comments/4xfdaf/vacationing_at_filming_location_ama/

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 1

Thanks for that Gobears. Can't really tell anything from the picture since its from behind. We shall see how it ends up for them when the time comes and if that is how it was. Yet I can see awkward considering they didn't know each other. I know it said it didn't look like they were doing retakes but wouldn't be surprised if they were. Which can make one miserable for sure I bet....and more so if they end up not liking each other right off the bat. LOL 

• Love 2

So this fifth installment of MAFS is the Season of the Schnozz?  According to the photos PEOPLE put up (thank you, Gobears!) all six victims look "proboscisly"-challenged, especially for a tv match-up show. (Though Danielle has a nose-piercing so she must be happy with her nozzle.)

First prediction:  none of the six will be physically attracted to his or her spouse.  I think this might be the most classically-unattractive cast so far. (Of course, beauty is in the eye..., but this show has never had success with cast members looking past the superficial.)

I think 30 should be the bare minimum age for applying to this reality-disaster-show.  Two of the guys are 26!  Ridiculous. Regular church-goer Nate can't find a nice girl there when he attends with mom?    And Cody specifies (in the PEOPLE link) that he wants a spouse with empathy?

Second prediction A and B:  Empathy will be in VERY short supply, and teary meltdowns will be featured.  Mother-in-law disapproval will be abundant.

I saw the commercial for Season 5 in the middle of the night, and I ran right over here. The commercial showed the brides and grooms hyperventilating before walking down the aisle.  None of them looks like a good candidate for this loony-bin setup. We've got four seasons of this under our belts! We KNOW when disaster looms.

My third prediction:  Might be hard to comprehend, but Season 5 will be THE most unsuccessful, uncomfortable, confrontational, and angriest season yet. I just hope I remember to watch! :)  I've missed you all.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 9

There was a little preview of Ashley telling her family about doing this and getting her dress. Her and her mom are both very "tanned" Not a nice tan but the fake looking a bit dark orangish. LOL 

sleekandchic, I can't help but agree with what you said. Each season gets worse and worse. We can tell by what we read who ends up matched and way it seems like. Which says how predictable the so called "experts" are in their matching. LOL 

5 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

So this fifth installment of MAFS is the Season of the Schnozz?

Maybe that was the idea - they can't complain about their matches (nose-wise anyway) since each have their own 'extra' there; equal playing field of sorts.

Edited by gonecrackers

I hope that if any of the couples break up this season that they do it before the 6-month reunion airs. Nick and Sonia have been the only couple (so far) to break up after the 6-month reunion and since they invested so much more time and energy into their relationship, they seem the most bitter/heartbroken about their divorce. Nick has been liking tweets implying that Sonia is a psycho (because her favorite color is yellow).

My money on most likely season 5 marriage to have failed is Cody and Danielle. She's already written a blog about how she's worried that people will judge her which to me seems like she might have make an unpopular decision to dump her husband like Heather or Ashley (season 3) did.

Edited by Gobears

First, Nick showed he was a douche on the show and he has proved more and more from what you all have said about how he is on SM. He thinks doing stuff like that will make her look bad and him look like a prince....well he is mistaken. Not like she is perfect but he has massive issues he needs to deal with if he thinks she is psycho because she likes yellow. SMH

I am not sure about Danielle worried about being judged because it didn't work out or not or because of something going wrong during the time but more so maybe she is worried just about being judged at all since even she knows she has judged the people on "reality" shows herself and that she is now on that side of things. With writing a blog I would think though she has been judged on it before but then she may have control over all the comments so she deletes what she doesn't like. While with SM and being on tv its a bit different where she can't control it like she can her own blog, kwim? So she has to learn to deal with the good and bad of what is said about her or who she is with and how that plays out. It will be interesting to see if she was trying to do some sort of damage control of some sort for those that read her blog or might come across it looking her up for the show or if its she is a really insecure person...or both. LOL

I will add that I do agree that if these couples are breaking up it would be best to do it before the 6 month reunion or at the end of the show instead of trying to drag it out because they think it could work or they are pressured to by the show/"experts"/whoever. Either way I think if they look at how some have behaved from past seasons like Nick/Sonia/Jessica/etc...they can learn from them and how not to be. 

• Love 1

Danielle's blog was linked directly from her IG. I hope she won't be as insecure as Sonia but since she's already doing preemptive damage control, she might be. Girl seems to love posting on SM as much as Sonia does. We can only hope that her husband has a warmer personality than Nick. (Still don't know why Sonia is so insecure. The girl is gorgeous and I'm sure that people have told her that many times over in her life.)

• Love 1