Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Lost

ApathyMonger

Season finale already!

The weird - a very pregnant Quill - quite the gestation rate!

Quill fighting the shadow people in heels - am reminded of the X Files' Scully, who normally wore heels.

I suppose some of the deaths were needed so the heroes could actually become heroes. The kids aren't especially interesting and for me, the show became the Quill show.

Felt for Charles, using his people's ultimate weapon. And for April's new lot in life. Quill, doing the right thing.

The Headmistress' arc reveal and the story's big arc reveal was a bit surprising. Wasn't really telegraphed.

• Love 1

I really hope Quill still has The Doctor's number.....they're gonna need it if the Angels are "The Arrival".

I'm kinda hoping Clara shows up next season. Either her or preferably River Song.  The kids need a real mentor and and as much as I like her, Quill's not it. River could use a cover of a history teacher and I'm pretty sure she could kick Quill's ass if she tried anything.

I'm getting really sick of Matteus and his constant whining. 

I wonder if this will be the series finale or just a season finale. I am not looking forward to the Angels, especially since their modus operandi keeps changing randomly. What happened to the Blink version where they just sent people back in time and ate their potential life force or whatever. 

I'm not sure whether Quill was being kind or cruel saving Charlie from his death.

• Love 2

Alex Kingston may be expensive and not interested. She'd be interesting and full of wit.

The Angels have obviously adapted and evolved. If they still send people back in time, they could afford the show a re-set of sorts.  Matteus as the Whining Prince. Not the Happy Prince. None of the teens are particularly compelling - I'm just too old, maybe.

• Love 2
On 12/10/2016 at 11:51 PM, Frozendiva said:

None of the teens are particularly compelling - I'm just too old, maybe.

It seemed like Charlie was originally set up to be the primary (ahem) "teen" but his importance and storylines diminished the farther along we got. Ram ended up being my favorite, but that's not saying much. He reminded me of Penny on The Magicians with his intelligence and bitter, loner angst.

If there is another season, I guarantee I will have forgotten 90% of this before next year. Disposable TV. (Except for killing Ram's dad. That hurt.)

Edited by Lord Donia

Lesson learned: If you have a child enrolled at Coal Hill, get your child the fuck out of Coal Hill and run as far the fuck away from there as you possibly can. And if you raised one of the primary characters? Make your will out ASAP, because the Doctor isn't gonna swing by and solve everything in five minutes. With the finale, it would have been eight. He has been busy lately.

Wait, so the Council (or whatever the hell the main assholes call themselves) are allied with the Weeping Angels? I dunno . . . they seem bad enough to still menace the Doctor in future years, albeit in small doses. Did anybody take the Sontarans seriously when they kept popping up on Sarah Jane Adventures? The same could be said for the Slitheen, though they're supposed to be goofy on many levels.

So April now has a whole heart but is life in a Shadow-kin body and is the the last of her kind?  And Prince Charlie avoided dying because Quill tackled him?  Those glow-bits from the cabinet can spread out all over the earth to track down every single Shadow Kin inhabiting a human shadow but the last one -- the one tasked with getting the shadow on Charlie's heart -- "misses" him because Quill tackled Charile and then instead it goes after . . . Ram?  But then April  (who he was cradling) wakes up in the Shadow King's "body."  

Meanwhile the weeping angles are in league with the school administrators.

WFT?

This show is too confusing and the body count is WAY too high for New Who spin-off.  I don't remember this many named characters dying in Torchwood and that show had plolines that were BRUTAL.

Has a second season already been filmed in the UK because I'll surprised if this is renewed on BBC America.

• Love 2

There were moments when I thought this show was not too horrible, but OMG it is painful to watch! I think I hate Charlie more than I have hated a character in a long time. I'm talking, more than I hate Clara and Rose COMBINED! That's major. Seriously, he is the most selfish, entitled little shit who ever lived. I kept hoping those shadow things would just kill him and put me out of my misery. Actually, about halfway through this episode I wished they would just kill them all, except Quill and possibly Ram (though with all the shit he's been put through he might prefer to just die) and Tanya who I came to like. April, who I liked in the beginning started working my last nerve and the less said about Charlie and his boyfriend the better. UGH!!!!

I don't even know WTF happened. But at least it's over and if it does come back I will have forgotten all about it and have no need to see this story through to the end.

• Love 1

While the execution of Class is lacking, I don't think it's that bad. Anybody who thinks this is the worst modern-day Doctor Who tie-in can binge-watch Torchwood: Children of Earth and Torchwood: Miracle Day. I saw the former at a gathering in one shot, and I kinda wanted to wander into traffic afterward.

• Love 1

I actually liked Children of Earth. I just can't with Miracle Day. But this show still sucks. It had moments, and had potential but this is a very unlikable group of idiots. When I found myself rooting for the indecipherable rock monsters with the hilariously red eyes and can't remember why they are even trying to kill people, I realized this show just isn't for me.

I can't even remember who April ended up with half the kings heart. I know she does, but I forget how it happened or why it happened.

The Weeping Angels were the nail in the coffin for me.

• Love 2

I liked everyone far more than Charlie. lol But poor Matteusz had most of his scene's with Charlie so that didn't help him much. Quill was pretty much it for me. If not for her I would have walked long ago. Ironically, I hated her in the previews and the beginning of the first ep. But then I found out who/what she was and it all clicked. I say migrate her to Who and nail the coffin shut on this show.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, WatchrTina said:

Has a second season already been filmed in the UK because I'll surprised if this is renewed on BBC America.

No - in fact, the head writer was quoted this past week as saying no one's even started writing a second series, and if anyone does, it won't be him.

The show wasn't any more popular in the UK than here, so it appears to be dead and gone.

13 hours ago, lambertman said:

The show wasn't any more popular in the UK than here, so it appears to be dead and gone.

Aw. Well, that's that then.  I'll watch the final episodes with the same mind-set that one uses when watching a funeral pyre (assuming one has ever watched a funeral pyre. -- which I did in the movie "Captain Fantastic" -- but not in real life.)