Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: No One Is Safe

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I knew as soon as they gave Nate the asshole edit, where he didn't want any advice from Kelly or Ryan, that he was a goner.

The judges made the right decisions in all 3 choices, in the right order.

Kelly

Ryan

Gian.    Woot.

• Love 2

Very happy with the final three, no surprise there though. I picked Kelly and Ryan for the finale from the first episode.

I'm pretty disappointed though that they can't just do their best style for the finale. I wanted to see Kelly do a big gorgeous color tattoo in her style, not a boring American Traditional ship. Snore. IMO even the best Traditional tattoos look terrible and simple.

• Love 9

Woot!

I agree that the finalists should have open canvases and go to town tattooing their strengths, but we'll see. Even with no restrictions, we've had finalists flounder a bit.

I was SO surprised when Nunez picked Kelly as best tattoo and Peck went with his own team member. Thank dog for Dave, as always.

• Love 5

How come Ryan doesn't like color work? She seems pretty good at it (the application, at least).

Nate should've been gone last episode, he whined so much this week.

Excited (?!) for the finale next week. The live tattoo idea seems pretty cool.

• Love 2

The only bad part about Kelly claiming the first spot in the finale, is that I wanted to see her do a space tattoo. 

Ryan's watercolor was really pretty, but I wish she had used a brighter orange for her fish.  Nice though.

I think if Nikki could have survived one more week, there really might have been an all girl finale.

• Love 4

No dud artist in the finale, should be good. I really wish it was open canvas though (and preferably a back piece). New school hotrods, a watercolor coral reef, and a traditional ship. Really lame for what should be the masterwork tattoos of the season. If Kelly was doing something colorful, Ryan a detailed black and grey, and Gian something with crazy linework, it would've been such a strong finale.

• Love 4

No way could Gian win with a coral reef without sea life. I do want a woman to win but I want a fair contest. Ryan was assigned something out of her wheelhouse but also the one that can be dynamic enough for the judges. Not usually a grassy knoll type, but wondering if this is all scripted.

16 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

No way could Gian win with a coral reef without sea life. I do want a woman to win but I want a fair contest. Ryan was assigned something out of her wheelhouse but also the one that can be dynamic enough for the judges. Not usually a grassy knoll type, but wondering if this is all scripted.

He has to add mermaids, so at least there's that. He could throw in some shellfish in there as well as a sea turtle.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Kelly had to add the mermaids to her ship, in next weeks preview you can see mermaids on her piece.

Oh you're right. Well hopefully Gian's tropical surroundings will give him some inspiration (not rooting for him to win, but still want to see some good tattoos).

• Love 2

I was so glad to be wrong about my final three prediction, I hadn't given the show enough credit.

Good final three, really loved Ryan and Gian's watercolor. Really wanted to see a pinup from Kelly. I'm sad she has to do American Traditional, it's a tie between AT and biomechanical for my least favorite tattoo style of all time. 

Hope for Kelly for the win. Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.....

• Love 6

Decent final 3.

Really liked the idea of making them do all the challenges they missed on the way.

Hoping that the second tattoo each will do for the finale will allow them to show off their own style, instead of just being judged on their rival-picked style.

• Love 1

I am pleased with the final, considering that Nikki was sent away before Nate. She should have had a shot. That said, it was anti-climactic. With the lame theme, no way was Nunez losing his only artist. Kelly could have done the shittiest jailhouse tattoo ever seen, and she was going to the final. Glad she turned in a good piece, but it didn't matter. 

I had a feeling that Gian was going to make it, too. He's doing a stint as a guest artist at Kelly's shop, so I thought that the two of them spent a while together. Just a suspicion, though. 

I was afraid that Nate's reputation would override his actual work on the show and cost Ryan her spot. So glad that didn't happen. 

I think we will get our woman winner this season, so we can return to the regularly scheduled sausage fest. I will be happy with either one of these women winning. 

If Gian has any artistic talent,  he will come up with an idea using the coral reef. No, it's not some big conspiracy.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, lordonia said:

A coral reef with no fish is kind of bogus. I'm feeling sorry for the canvases in advance.

14 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

If Gian has any artistic talent,  he will come up with an idea using the coral reef. No, it's not some big conspiracy.

Well, yes, he can do a coral reef without fish, but it was pretty much of a rip to be able to name his style and his subject AND specify details to restrict the beauty of his vision.  Kelly, your ship is at anchor--I better not see any sails!  Ryan, your car lost a headlight in a recent fender bender.  Oh, and there's some Bondo on the panel.

They should be ashamed of kicking out Nikki before Nate, but I still could have been open to giving the season an "A"--in spite of all that stupid Peck vs. Nunez business-- if they'd just let each artist do his own thing on a back canvas.  That would have been truly exciting.  Now I have to look at Kelly putting 100% into an AT ship, rope, anchor, whatever?  I can't even tell if what I think makes those bad are really what makes them good.

They couldn't just be content with forcing them into their weakest formats during the live show challenge???

Feh.

I thought the watercolor goldfish was gorgeous.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, candall said:

Well, yes, he can do a coral reef without fish, but it was pretty much of a rip to be able to name his style and his subject AND specify details to restrict the beauty of his vision. Kelly, your ship is at anchor--I better not see any sails! Ryan, your car lost a headlight in a recent fender bender. Oh, and there's some Bondo on the panel.

This also leaves us open for the finale judging to include arguments about what the brief was and if it was followed, instead of judging the artwork. The debates on whether or not a specific piece is "finished" are bad enough.

• Love 4