Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Never Saw The Sign

hoopznyo
  • Start Topic

While assisting a man facing vehicular manslaughter charges, Bull finds a connection between the case and a state assemblyman who would benefit from a guilty verdict; Danny and Cable investigate why Marissa is acting and dressing differently.

I thought I'd start this in case anyone wants to post

Someone explain to me again why the mirror-jurors have to look like the actual jurors?

And, what if you can't find someone who's married with four kids,  and spends their week-ends birdwatching, who has time to sit on your mirror-jury?

ETA: Michael Weatherly must be really strapped for cash.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1

So, what about the driver who hit the dad? Dad and Mom were in the MIDDLE car.  Either two cars were both disregarding the hazard or Dad was blameless.  Or did I miss the explanation while waiting for kids to come home for the week?

I liked Bull helping the lawyer.  There are ways to manipulate people that we all don't recognize.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, MommaBee said:

So, what about the driver who hit the dad? Dad and Mom were in the MIDDLE car.  Either two cars were both disregarding the hazard or Dad was blameless.  Or did I miss the explanation while waiting for kids to come home for the week?...

Wasn't that the politician? Or not? Anyway, yes, according to a police person I spoke to recently, the person who hit the defendant dad from behind would be guilty of following too closely — which may just be an insurance penalty; I'm not sure. But if the dad was going too fast for conditions (which were supposed to be posted on the sign but it was hacked to say something like "do not read this sign"), then he is at fault too. There's always enough blame to go around, especially when someone dies.

• Love 1

I usually don't find myself with much to say about episode, but I do enjoy each episode. The characters are all enjoyable. It doesn't bother me that they always win.

I can hand wave a lot but I would be OK with less obviously illegal because they MENTION it moments. It's humorous periodically, but I think it happened several times just in that episode.

• Love 1

I understand about the Hacker and all and how they obtained it..however, when the judge saw that the guy was surprised when his attorney showed the medical records it should have rang a bell..hey this guy didn't sign the HIPAA form.

• Love 1

If I was a nationally famous jury consultant, maybe with my own talk show, I don't think I would attach my name to a tv show about a jury consultant when the tv character engages in so much illegality.  It might give the public the impression that it is how I gain advantages for my clients.  Hacking the DA computer?  Impersonating an FBI agent?  HIPAA violations? Jury tampering?  People, as dumb as they are sometimes, believe the television over real life.

• Love 2

I stopped watching start-to-finish 3 episodes ago but have tuned in to see the start of a couple. Could not get past the trailer on this one. Something like, "we won't let that happen" had a smug reading that was off the charts. Can't deal with the MW character. So doggone noble and right and omniscient. Makes me cringe. Guess I like my hero flawed enough to be human so that when he pulls out a victory it's something to celebrate. Sad about the show, tho. I so wanted to like it.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

This show confuses me. I'm pretty sure they want me to take it seriously -- but I just can't. I would like Dr. Jason Bull taken down a peg or two, or at least have him utter the words 'plausible deniability' in regards the actions of his team (which he instigated) aloud. And writers why is it not okay to investigate/deep dive fellow TAC employees this episode (Marissa) when an epi or so back it was done with nary a thought (Chunk).

• Love 1

I've been watching this since the pilot and despite the ridiculous lack of believeability in its process, I've been mildly entertained.  Weatherly's character, however,  is growing tiresomely smug.  Jason Bull needs some vulnerability, because right now he's just coming off as obnoxious, and not in an watchable way.  My reaction to this episode was that I wanted to punch him.

Other shows have managed a "know it all" character much better.  In TheMentalist, for example, the Jane character was humanized by his tragic past and guilt from his previous arrogance.  Bull has no such complexity.  His schtick is getting old, and fast.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3