Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: The Darkest Place

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Perfect Xero said:

Cyborg Superman makes sense if you view it as Hank "reclaiming" the man part of Superman.

Except he didn't explain it in that (very easy to elaborate) context.

All he needed was a few words added to his declaration to position it as a reclamation. Lex Luthor in the comics has a few times claimed HE is the Superman, and he always explains why he's saying that.

• Love 1
On 11/28/2016 at 6:04 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Supergirl (Mon), Flash (Tue), Arrow (Wed), LoT (Thr)

Downloading the latest episode of Flash now... I mean waiting for my DVR to load the Flash episode I can legally watch... I mean acquiring Flash via "methods"... I mean flying to England to watch an illegal copy downloaded by my British friends... um pleading the fifth*

* the fifth of liquor I drank before downloading The Flash**

** none of this is true

So, let me get this straight. Kara flies off to stop a crime, never shows up, and then disappears and nobody notices or cares? Kara agrees to wear the helmet to save Mon El's life, then Cadmus LETS HER OUT OF THE CELL but instead of taking them out, rescuing her friend and leaving, she just puts on the helmet and lets them depower her? Then she says 'but you were supposed to save him, you promised', like seriously? 

The stupid. It literally burns.

• Love 3

I like Alex as much as anyone but sometimes I get the feeling she's very much not someone I'd want to work for. Okay I laughed at her slapping Winn but objectively speaking slamming a subordinate into a wall, threatening them and then hitting them is not excellent behaviour (does the D.E.O have a HR department?)

I probably wouldn't mind so much if she had done the same thing to Jimmy since he was the one who emotionally blackmailed Winn into helping out his cape envy to begin with.

At risk of repeating myself - Kara needs more training with Alex in that K-soaked room. This is the second week in a row that she's charged in - and had her ass handed to her. Her default first move should be "Scan the enemy" (particularly if she both knows it's a trap and especially when she's facing an enemy who clearly knows her powers) because a quick scan with X-Ray Vision would reveal Hank was actually a cyborg and so should be fought more cautiously. I don't mind her losing (too much), though having to get rescued by a man (even her dad) is indicative of the change from last season.

regularly leaded And BTW - I'm starting to think Kara's going to be more pissed and hurt that James and Winn have been lying to her and playing her the fool (with regards to Guardian) than it being about them being reckless, glory seeking idiots (because they are).

It's amazing that a CEO has time to do all that TIME to fool around as a vigilante. How about speaking out as a prominent black man on what you can achieve with hard work & effort to make it to the top? Nah, surely it's better to beat up random thugs on the streets (admittedly, the same could be said about Bruce Wayne, though at least he has the excuse that his parents were murdered in front of him). And I'm sure the cops would be all, "Don't worry, now we've got our murderer we're totally cool with some random suited thug beating up scum!"

anonyposter So the White Martians did experiments and found a way to destroy the Green Martians by having their blood transform them into White Martians.  But they decided to inject this material into themselves, on the off chance that one day a Green Martian would need a blood transfusion from a White Martian?

It may have been a biological weapon that the Whites are carriers of but otherwise doesn't affect them, but is transformative of the Greens.

thuganomics85 The Fortress of Solitude's security system is shit, if you just need a blood sample to get in.  At least have a password, Supes!  With both numbers and capital numbers!

Hey, no need to go overboard there!

• Love 2