Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: What Lies Beneath

At first, I thought that the injured man that they were sent to save was important because he was an agent sent by the Russian government to keep an eye over how the submarine was being run, so I guess they needed to add the line about 'your uncle' to let the audience know that we were dealing with Putin's nephew (unless I was the only one who didn't get what was going on when the guy sat up and yelled at the captain).  'You punched a captain of a Russian submarine today!'  'He had it coming.' (hee!)

As soon as Jackie was all smiley and talking about going to her daughter's play, I knew that she was toast.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, BooksRule said:

As soon as Jackie was all smiley and talking about going to her daughter's play, I knew that she was toast.

Samesies.  It's becoming the formula.  The minute a little kid is introduced into the storyline in some way to evoke emotion, that character is toast.  It's like Chekhov's Gun.  

• Love 1

The injured sailor did say his name was Putin. When that happened, I thought he was Putin's son.  Nephew was better. But why was it so necessary to kill the other injured sailoir? The 2 docs were almost finished with him & Putin seemed OK without the docs attention for awhile.

I didn't understand why so many of the injured convicts were so happy that Jackie got hurt.  Just cuz she was a guard?

I thought it was stupid when the guard allowed a strung out druggie to grab his gun, but when they left that new-Nazi alone and closed the curtain on him without a guard watching, I actively started head smacking. I give up. I'm going to keep reading this forum for the snark, but the idiocy is too much for me to watch now. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BooksRule said:

Yuppers.  

And I could have sworn that the other inmate would get her heart then and there, on the spot!  I wonder why the writers missed such an obvious move?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rhys said:

I didn't understand why so many of the injured convicts were so happy that Jackie got hurt.  Just cuz she was a guard?

It looked like the guy who killed her was one of those neo-Nazi prisoners, and I thought the other guys were part of his group.

First off, Arvin is 30 miles south of Bakersfield, home to four or five trauma centers.  Why drive them 1 1/2 hours to Los Angeles?  And I think they would close the Angels ER down completely once they had those inmates in there.  Not a good idea to mix prisoners with the public.  I always enjoy it when the guards are walking around constricted and busy corridors with AR-15 weapons that will penetrate several walls if you miss your target.

An interesting argument about the heart transplant. On the emotional level, I can see a deserving person getting a new heart.  But, on the intellectual level, all it does is postpone his life term and prevents another recipient from receiving a heart.  I would think CDCR would have some say in the matter also.

Leanne.  There is a desperate murderer loose in the hospital.  What part of "Don't go into your dark office by yourself" did you not understand.  Wonder how he got there without being noticed?  Put on a white lab coat and grab a clipboard?  Works all the time.

Dr. Pinkney has a fit about treating the murderer, but she failed to remember that Jackie the CO was dead before they ever caught the murderer, and thus her argument about "Jackie died but he gets to live" is moot.  Leanne is correct; they have to try to save the life, no matter whose it is.  Besides, there's always the liability issue, if word should get out that they refused treatment to a patient who died as a direct result.

On to the submarine.  As I remember, international boundaries by treaty are set at 12 miles off shore.  Fishing Exclusion Zones are different.  80 miles is international, so the captain could shoot him, I guess.  All in all, I'm glad Rob Lowe didn't use the old trope "You're going to fire a weapon inside a submarine?"  That was definitely some meatball surgery they were doing on that guy, too.  I hope they both walk off the sub on its return.

"How do I look?"  "Like a homeless person."  Yep.

A full bird Colonel  shows up at some fleet anchorage with a beard like Hawkeye Pierce. in order to go on a represent the flag diplomatic mission. I know TV budgets are smaller but they need to accept that if a character always has a two day beard then he has to have shaved at sometime.