Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: The Veracity Elasticity

In season 2 Raj got an award from People magazine for being a "30 under 30 to watch" and it seemed clear that all the guys were under 30 then.  At some point early in the show Howard is referenced as being 27 and still living at home with his mother and we are told Penny is 22 in the episode where she gets hooked on that on line game which was also season 2.  So wildly guesstimating here if all the guys were roughly 27 in season 2 that makes them all roughly 35 now and Penny is around 30.  I don't know if we're ever told how old Amy and Bernadette are but one presumes younger or the same age as their partners as women being older than their boyfriend ALWAYS gets commented on.

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CherryAmes said:

At some point early in the show Howard is referenced as being 27 and still living at home with his mother 

The one where Sheldon is sick, season 1 episode 11, and the boys high tail it to the 'Planet Of The Apes' marathon, Howard shouts at his mother 'For God's sakes Ma, I'm 26 years old!'

Edited by Gulftastic
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2016 at 6:40 AM, wknt3 said:

Like everyone else it seems I thought the Klingon/Ubbi Dubbi scenes were the funniest, but my favorite scene was actually Amy and Sheldon's discussion of philosophy. One of the things I'm really enjoying about this season is the bits like this or the retinal scanner where we are going back to the humor coming from the characters being brainy and nerdy, but in an affectionate way.

What other sitcom would put a word like "anti-Aristotelian" into a casual conversation between characters? It's nice when they're not afraid to go ahead with brainy or nerdy things that fit the characters, even when it would go by most viewers without what little explanatory dialog they can squeeze in (or the subtitles for Klingon and Ubbi Dubbi). I didn't remember Buridan until Sheldon mentioned the donkey.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I'm confused so many people keep saying Penny got rid of his stuff. She didn't get rid of his collectibles. I thought Bernadette said she'd been moving them to storage. She didn't toss his stuff, just removed it from the apartment, to see how long it would take him to notice. I'm not saying that's a nice or respectful thing to do, but it's different than if she'd thrown the stuff away or sold it. If she'd moved one item and he immediately noticed, they'd have had the conversation a lot sooner. Even though I disagree with what she did, it's a bit telling he didn't notice without someone else pointing it out.

Yes and it's a sitcom!  some posters are taking it too seriously. 

As for Leonard's hair, I've thought it looked like a bad wig for years!  

• Love 3

After having watched the show again, I'm really struck by all of the little things that point out how much Sheldon has changed over the years. For example he easily kisses Amy when they are going to bed, he's no longer wedded to his particular dinner schedule, he allowed the group to shut him down about his old bedroom and he actually said Thank you without being prompted to the guys for being his house band on Fun With Flags.

• Love 9

In a recent ep Penny said something about Sheldon, a man in his 30's acting like a man in his 20's. There was more to the comment than that but I don't remember the exact quote. Jim is in his early 40's. I think Simon and Kunal are much younger than Johnny and Jim, but I think their characters are all suppose to be around the same age.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, kat165 said:

In a recent ep Penny said something about Sheldon, a man in his 30's acting like a man in his 20's. There was more to the comment than that but I don't remember the exact quote. Jim is in his early 40's. I think Simon and Kunal are much younger than Johnny and Jim, but I think their characters are all suppose to be around the same age.

Simon is 35, will be 36 in December, and Kunal is 35.  Johnny is 41.  He and Simon share the same birthday, April 30.  As far as those 3 are concerned I'd consider them close enough in age, but then again at my age that's a drop in the bucket.  Jim Parsons' age surprised me.  He's 43 years old.  He looks pretty young for his age, actually, even if his hair is dyed.  I am amazed at how most of the characters on this show have not aged that much in 10 years!

9 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

What other sitcom would put a word like "anti-Aristotelian" into a casual conversation between characters?

Frasier, one of my other all time favorite sitcoms.

8 hours ago, Browncoat said:

They should have had the conversation before Penny started removing his things.

I agree with whoever said this was an "old sitcom gag" or whatever.  I know I've seen it umpteen times before in different types of situation comedies.  Like in the second episode of Frasier, when Daphne moves into Frasier's library and suddenly she's moving his wing chair and bookcases down to the storage room without telling him she's doing it.  Somehow he never thought her moving in there meant his stuff moving out.  Then in the final scene he's shown sitting in the storage room reading.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

What other sitcom would put a word like "anti-Aristotelian" into a casual conversation between characters?

The Good Place

It's nice when they're not afraid to go ahead with brainy or nerdy things that fit the characters, even when it would go by most viewers without what little explanatory dialog they can squeeze in (or the subtitles for Klingon and Ubbi Dubbi). I didn't remember Buridan until Sheldon mentioned the donkey.

Yeah it's one of the things that they kind of got away from, especially last season. And without that they are just another generic sitcom and it can be hard to understand why these people are friends. It's especially needed for Sheldon and Amy since it's central to why they are together despite their differences.

On 4.11.2016 at 10:42 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The Fun with Flags show was teh boring. Seems to me that the show would attract trolls on the internet, and they would make Sheldon miserable. The world is a cruel place, but Sheldon is always being sheltered by his friends and family. That's not likely at all. I think we ought to see how Sheldon would handle bullies.

I'm sure he'd simply disable comments like any intelligent person would. 

• Love 1

In regard to where Sheldon and Amy should live, they never explicitly said it, but I assumed they were leaning toward living in Penny's apartment for the same reason I moved both my cats into my house on the same day. That way neither one can be territorial right off the bat. In cats, the territory thing happens eventually, but that's nature. In humans, especially in a human with Sheldon's quirks, a neutral territory that doesn't have memories of being just "your" space could be helpful when cohabitating.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SnarkyMcSnarkerson said:

In regard to where Sheldon and Amy should live, they never explicitly said it, but I assumed they were leaning toward living in Penny's apartment for the same reason I moved both my cats into my house on the same day. That way neither one can be territorial right off the bat. In cats, the territory thing happens eventually, but that's nature. In humans, especially in a human with Sheldon's quirks, a neutral territory that doesn't have memories of being just "your" space could be helpful when cohabitating.

That's a pretty good reason and it totally works for me. Of course they're really leaning towards living in Penny's apartment because the writers want them across the hall from Leonard and Penny...

• Love 4

The best part about this episode for me was Raj pointing out that all chaps are assless. As the owner of several pairs of chaps (for equestrian purposes, nothing kinky) it drives me nuts when people describe chaps as assless. Chaps with an ass are leather pants! </chaps rant>

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Captain Stable said:

Did no one else notice the error with Fun With Flags?
Sheldon had the Apartment flag n display (a rampant lion on a blue background). Yet he's not in the Apartment, so why hasn't he got a new flag? ;)

Penny's apartment could be a colony of Sheldon's? Though since they were doing an episode about two countries joining together to be one and merging flags, maybe there will be a new flag in Sheldon's future. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Penny's apartment could be a colony of Sheldon's? Though since they were doing an episode about two countries joining together to be one and merging flags, maybe there will be a new flag in Sheldon's future. 

I never thought about it being a colony! Good call :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Captain Stable said:

Sheldon had the Apartment flag n display (a rampant lion on a blue background). Yet he's not in the Apartment, so why hasn't he got a new flag? ;)

He's expanded his territory to cover the other side of the 4th floor, just as the U.S. expanded to the south and west. It would be Leonard and Penny who'd have a new flag after they declare their independence

• Love 7