Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Election Day

Episode Description:

On the road to find Lucy in Illinois, Doc and Addy are forced off the road by a retro presidential limo. Turns out Sketchy is running for "President of the Apocalypse" with Skeezy as his campaign manager. Doc and Addy follow them to Wall Drug, South Dakota and witness the somehow lucrative, always entertaining train wreck that is Sketchy and Skeezy.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yay!  Sketchy and Skeezy!

The scary part from the promo -- a guy that looks like Donald Trump managed to survive the ZA is running against Sketchy, with Sketchy even making a reference to his opponent's "small hands".  This could be really funny -- who knew there was political zombie humor.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The scary part from the promo -- a guy that looks like Donald Trump managed to survive the ZA is running against Sketchy, with Sketchy even making a reference to his opponent's "small hands".  This could be really funny -- who knew there was political zombie humor.

Well, we all can use some humor right about now.  Can't wait for this episode!  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I could have sworn that was Vasquez as Scorpion in the previews.

oh it most certainly is, and here I thought Murphy was already screwed. Vasquez and Roberta are gonna show Murph what a real Apocalypse is.  I just hope 10k gets his "soul" back before the season ends.

As much as I was giggling during the episode I can't say it's a great one mostly because of the timing. I don't blame the show, I just think l'm getting stressed over the insanity in the real world. But let's be honest here, we all know that if Roberta was with Doc and Addie, she'd have solved the problem by giving "mercy" to the 2 idiots.

That's two Doc-centric episodes so far this season that have both been really funny.

Building the Wall, the Holes solution to put criminals in the holes to lure Zs who will eat the criminals (and call it a twofer).
Addie's questions were pretty on target with questions that real reporters would ask.  Sure there's a zombie Apocalypse, but what have you done lately ?

That would be Addie the owner of the bushy eyebrows.
And for good measure Doc won the election -- so does that make him President ?

Oh no, the zombies got Gina.  Who will Tina dance/gyrate with now ?

If charcoal cures a mild case of the zombie virus, there's got to be some way to make that work for everyone.

I liked the Z flag at the end.

I could have sworn that was Vasquez as Scorpion in the previews.  

Yes! But it looks like he's joined/taken control of the Zeros. Does that mean he's a bad guy now? Whatever, he's looking good.

Next week's episode is called "Heart of Darkness". I'm amazed it's three seasons in before they've made a solid reference to Apocalypse Now. I'm also surprised they didn't save that reference to the show's ultimate finale. Speaking of which, do we know if it's getting a fourth season?

• Love 1

I'm confused about these groups.  Are the Zeros the group that Hector (the real Scorpion) led?  Are the Zeros enemies of the Red Hands?  And are they both bad?  

I agree about Vasquez though.  He's looking smokin' hot.  I hope for Roberta's sake that he turns out to be a good guy.

• Love 3

So enjoyed this one.  Doc is fantastic as always.  "I'm old and I've been shootin' a lot of guns. I can't hear shit." 

We just laughed and laughed over them looting Bill Clinton's Presidential library and riding around in his limo, and Doc saying, "remember when that was all we had to worry about?"  That long nostalgic pause over "the good old days" was hilarious, and also a reminder, hey, whatever happens in the election, it could always be worse.  lol

The mouthful of charcoal instantly curing zombie "poison" was a biiiit of a stretch, even for this show, but gotta wrap it up in an hour, I suppose.
Can't wait to see what Vasquez is up to.  I guess the Red Hand is going to be Roberta's army, but I'm still rooting for Camp Murphy.

• Love 1

I forgot about Doc's line about finding out about charcoal curing poison by watching "Naked and Afraid."  Who thinks of this hilarious stuff?  I wonder if the writers are smoking weed?

Forgot to mention that it seemed like Doc and the lady mayor gave each other some longing looks after she was cured.  I wonder if they'll meet up again?

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

Nooooo!!!!  Rick will find a way to get them killed!

That would be awesome.  I loathe Sketchy and Skeezy so this was a terrible episode for me, though I was glad Addie had more to do and I loved all of the Doc stuff.   S&S just don't.shut.up. and are not funny to me at all.  I haven't liked any of their appearances so hopefully that's it for this season.

And for good measure Doc won the election -- so does that make him President ?

I could get behind this.  He's obviously the best option.   I also thought Doc and lady mayor were making eyes at each other.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2016 at 11:11 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Oh no, the zombies got Gina.  Who will Tina dance/gyrate with now ?

Both Gina and Tina got zombified.

9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Forgot to mention that it seemed like Doc and the lady mayor gave each other some longing looks after she was cured.  I wonder if they'll meet up again?

Well, sure.  Everyone will hook up except poor 10K!

Was Addie taking credit for her zappy-basher?  I thought it was the Chinese who added that feature.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Both Gina and Tina got zombified.

Well, sure.  Everyone will hook up except poor 10K!

Was Addie taking credit for her zappy-basher?  I thought it was the Chinese who added that feature.

I missed Tina getting chewed on by Zs, I guess I was too distraught over Gina.  :)

It was definitely the Chinese that upgraded Addie's zombie basher -- not sure what it uses for a power source, or how electrifying actually improves it's zombie killing effectiveness.  They also added that knife blade to Hector's pistol.

Is the actress who plays Addie pregnant?  It seems like her outfit is maybe designed to hide her midsection in lots of ruffles, she seems like she fights less than usual, it seems like the camera focuses less on her whole body than before, and that might explain the plot line of having her have a mysterious dental problem a couple eps ago -- in case she was feeling too sick for major fight scenes.  Just speculation on my part, but I wonder.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, lawless said:

Is the actress who plays Addie pregnant?  It seems like her outfit is maybe designed to hide her midsection in lots of ruffles, she seems like she fights less than usual, it seems like the camera focuses less on her whole body than before, and that might explain the plot line of having her have a mysterious dental problem a couple eps ago -- in case she was feeling too sick for major fight scenes.  Just speculation on my part, but I wonder.

If you check Anastasia Baranova's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/annyawesome/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/AnnyAwesome), it doesn't appear she has been pregnant (these episodes were filmed around 6 months ago).

So.... two communities (Wall Drug and the psych ward patients) remain relatively unscathed after the show's #NoSurvivorLeftBehind theme.  Common to both episodes?  Warren wasn't at either.  Coincidence?  I think not!

On 05/11/2016 at 2:38 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Next week's episode is called "Heart of Darkness". I'm amazed it's three seasons in before they've made a solid reference to Apocalypse Now. I'm also surprised they didn't save that reference to the show's ultimate finale. 

Heh I love the repetition of the "never get out of the boat!" quote they've sometimes used from that (am I misremembering or did 10K do a slow emerge from the water in the style of cpt Willard in one recent episode?) they're obviously fans!

• Love 1
On 11/6/2016 at 1:51 PM, Ohwell said:

So what's your point?  What do you think is going on?  Inquiring minds want to know.

If this was to me, I'm not sure I have one.  It was just odd that after so many episodes where everyone except our heroes die, we've had two episodes where they don't.

I liked the dumpster reference a great deal.  

I might've liked this episode better if the real election had turned out differently.  Le sigh.  Still, in four years, I would like Addie to moderate one of the debates. 

• Love 3

Watching this for the first time almost exactly a year after the real presidential election and with some nasty local elections happening now, I thought the show did a good job of mocking politicians and campaigns. Just like in real life, most of the "voters" could not see through the con man's BS. It's probably not intentional, given that this show often seems like it's written by teenage boys, but the female characters usually exhibit better leadership qualities than the men--and the nice thing is that even the male characters recognize this. Warren for president!