Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Over The Top, Week 6 (11/02/2016 - 11/08/2016)

• Start Topic

Justin has at least had fun, put in work towards flipping Whitney, and been honest about how clueless he is.  I'm not defending him, but I can at least find positive things to say about him.

Whereas Kryssie whines, cries, farts, belches, quits during comps and makes up bullshit about hurt her delicate hands are.  She has the fucking nerve to set herself as an "expert" on "how to play Big Brother" when she's never seen the goddamn show and be a sanctimonious hypocrite about it.  She engages in and encourages the Jamboree's most juvenile antics, despite being "the oldest" person in the house.  She's only there to get PR for her [I'm still only assuming] shitty, shitty band.

And she's almost certainly making the F3.  FML.

New game!  (Because nobody played the last one.)  Let's imagine this was a real season:  no AN, no AV, no raft of too-powerful CPs.  How does it play out? 

I'll list the HoH/nominees/PoV winners/evictees.  Changes from reality in bold.

Week 1

HoH: Monte

Nominees:  Jason, Danielle (as a pawn)

Po V:  Jason

Replacement: Kryssie

Evicted:  Kryssie

Week 2

HoH: Alex

Nominees:  Shane, Danielle (breakup the showmance!)

PoV: Shane

Replacement: Neeley (as a pawn; yes, Jason is no longer safe, but Alex sticks to her anti-showmance plan, IMO)

Evicted:  Danielle

Week 3

HoH:  Scott

Nominees:  Shane, Neeley (as a pawn; Scott's still salty over Shane pitching him as a backdoor last week.  He keeps Jason off the block because he still wants to work with him)

PoV:  Justin (he can't use it on Shane, because that exposes Jason)

Evicted:  Shane

Week 4

HoH:  Kryssie's gone, and Danielle was second-but she's gone, too.  Tempting to give it to Cornbread (remember, he's still her) like Jerry's ski-ball HoH in S10, but I didn't see anything in his package that indicated he was skilled at this.  It could be Monte again, but, eh.  Justin's throwing it, Alex has the beer goggles, Morgan/Shelby/Whitney/Neeley all sucked, so let's give this to Jason.  He was next in line to go when Kryssie won it, and this seems like it would be in his skill-set.

Nominees:  Shelby, Cornbread (they've kept on bickering, and Jason doesn't like either of them.  But he's actually hoping to backdoor Monte, who put him up)

PoV:  Well, Cornbread won't win this ["Wall of Shame" rock-climbing comp], that's for sure.  Justin gets picked, and wants to win, but he actually doesn't know the numbers and flops.  Shelby gets her chip pulled (as happened IRL), and chooses Morgan, who beats whoever is the 6th person in the comp…unless it's Monte.  But there's only a 2/10 chance of that (Cornbread would choose Monte to play), so let's assume that he doesn't get to play, and Morgan wins this, again.

Morgan and the girls debate about leaving Shelby on the block to protect Monte (don't want to make Justin the strongest guy in the house if they don't have to) but Monte would keep Cornbread, so Morgan takes Shelby down

Replacement:  Monte

Evicted:  Monte  

Week 5

HoH:  Whitney  (Danielle's gone, Whit took 2nd)

Nominees:  Jason, Neeley  (Whitney wants to keep Justin around, but she knows Jason's coming for her.  Shelby still wants Cornbread gone and Morgan's not sure about using Neeley as a pawn, but ultimately Whit's wanting to just target the Jamboree [even in its reduced size], so she goes this way.)

Veto:  Justin (2nd in the comp to Danielle, originally)

Justin uses the Veto on Jason, much to Whitney's embarrassment/anger.

Replacement:  Cornbread (as a pawn)

Shelby would vote with Jason/Justin to evict Cornbread, but the other BS/Scott want Jason/Justin's ally gone otherwise the numbers are against them.  Scott (still sort of allied with Cornbread) assures Shelby she's not in danger if CB wins HoH, so…

Evicted:  Neeley

Week 6

HoH:  Shelby

Nominees:  Jason, Cornbread  (No backdoor plans for Shelby.  Her two main enemies hit the block.  Justin wins and saves one of them, Scott can go up as a pawn…the girls still don't trust that he's not secretly with the guys, instead.)

We pause now to imagine Cornbread in that balance comp…

PoV:  Jason

Replacement:  Justin (Whitney lobbies for Scott instead, but she's outvoted)

Evicted:  Justin 

And there we'd be.  The Ballsmashers united and strong, against the persistent Jason, deadweight Cornbread, and Scott, whose loyalty they're not entirely convinced of.  But no Kryssie/Danielle/Justin, and joy is heard throughout the land…

• Love 3

Oh my goodness, D'Angelus, you have put a great deal of thought into this. 

I think the downfall of the BS'ers was really Scotts over involvement and commitment to Alex. She didn't need him to play her game for him but when ahead an used him as  shield. She would have been better off without him.

• Love 1

The downfall of the BS was America not nominating vile Kryssie, and also Whitney playing all sides. They were doing well when the votes and care packages were going in their favor. 

I'm taking this season for what it is, I know America is *too* involved, but hey, it's a learning experience I guess

I'm just annoyed that everyone (on Jamboree, at least) seems content just handing the damn win to Jason. Like, take his ass out! If Justin or Danielle or someone did that, I might actually have some respect for them and root for them.

• Love 1

I was so angry after Jason's sanctimonious speech at the Veto Ceremony and I wanted to rage quit this show, and then the girls revealed their secrets to each other and it was the cutest thing. I'm really going to miss them. I'm hoping one of them can still make it, although I feel bad wishing for one of them to be stuck with all those horrid people.

I really, though, can't stand any of the LNJ, and it pains me that one of them will win. In general, I still really enjoyed this season as a whole — I like the setup way more than I thought I would and I've liked most of the challenges and don't mind them not having super fancy sets — I just wish these people weren't the ones we're going to be left with in the end. But BB never goes the way I want it to, and America always sees to ruin things I like, so I should have expected it.

I'm just a lot sadder about the girls leaving than I thought I would be. I think I got way more invested than I meant to. Heh.

• Love 4

I knew there'd be no hard feelings between them about the "deceptions." They're just game deceptions.

Do you know what this season's curse is? Having a previous player return. If Jason wasn't on this show, it would be so different. A lot of the votes favoring LNJ are because "America" is loyal to Jason and so is loyal to his allies. If he wasn't there, America would hate his allies and vote them off.

Oh well. Have to go and cast 20 votes for Whitney.

P.S. Dangelus, great analysis of what might have been, and great analyses in general!

P.S.S. Just voted 20 for Whitney.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, flipflopdiva said:

I was so angry after Jason's sanctimonious speech at the Veto Ceremony and I wanted to rage quit this show, and then the girls revealed their secrets to each other and it was the cutest thing. I'm really going to miss them. I'm hoping one of them can still make it, although I feel bad wishing for one of them to be stuck with all those horrid people.

I really, though, can't stand any of the LNJ, and it pains me that one of them will win. In general, I still really enjoyed this season as a whole — I like the setup way more than I thought I would and I've liked most of the challenges and don't mind them not having super fancy sets — I just wish these people weren't the ones we're going to be left with in the end. But BB never goes the way I want it to, and America always sees to ruin things I like, so I should have expected it.

I'm just a lot sadder about the girls leaving than I thought I would be. I think I got way more invested than I meant to. Heh.

I have felt this way for two days. I am sad about the turn of events. Opps !! Did I get too attached?? Didn't think that would happen. The LNJ think they are so special. Different does not mean better.

eta: Vote Whitney for Americas Eviction Vote. 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 1

I know, I got really attached to the girls. They're just nice girls. Funny, I think they were cast to specific "types" such as cheerleader, gamer/nerd, geek in disguise, southern hick girl, etc., but ended up being just nice girls. I think back to the first episode - I'm sure Morgan was picked to follow Scott in order to have the cute cheerleader/awkward geekvirgin guy contrast, and guess what happened? They got along just fine. Morgan was not in the least stuck up. Actually, I think she's always liked Scott more than Alex did.

OK, I just saw this on the CBS site. Care Package voting opens tomorrow at 10:00 ET/7:00 PT. It doesn't say for how long, but I've heard an hour.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

OK, I just saw this on the CBS site. Care Package voting opens tomorrow at 10:00 ET/7:00 PT. It doesn't say for how long, but I've heard an hour.

Well fuck, the DE won't be happening until like 11 then. Well, I guess I'll be missing it.

ETA: Also, where on the site does it say this?

Edited by peachmangosteen

Morgan was telling Alex and Shelby what she's going to say in her speech tomorrow and I really hope she actually says it. Especially the part about being proud of Kryssie for not quitting. That would be such fun!

Shelby's career goal is to represent sex trafficking victims. Jason's 'prostitute' insults for her are even more gross now.

I'm sorry but I truly don't understand why people are rooting for LNJ while claiming the BS girls are vile, racist trash. It honestly makes me laugh because that's just insane.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I like nice people in realitor tv. I'm weird that way. That's why I like the BS. They were just fun & nice girls. They got played by Jason which sucked but that's the nature of the game. It was great that Shelby could tell her secret. You could tell she was so relieved to tell someone that she liked. She was near tears doing so. And, the sisters telling their twist to her in HOH was pretty good too. I like how Shelby jumped on them on the bed.  

• Love 3

Aww I really enjoyed that reveal. I'm happy they can at least be a little happy even though they're all screwed. If anyone wants to watch, here is the time stamp (from reddit).

1:45PM BBT and 1:53PM BBT Cam 1/2

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well fuck, the DE won't be happening until like 11 then. Well, I guess I'll be missing it.

ETA: Also, where on the site does it say this?

I saw it when I did the Eviction Vote, down at the bottom of the page where it says Weekly Votes.

Awesome if Morgan or Alex (whichever is left standing) can win HOH for DE. Then it doesn't matter who wins the CP.  Two LNJs are up for eviction no matter what. In my dreams, I guess. Then Shelby can win the next HOH.

• Love 1

CBS website: In addition, voting for America's Care Package will open after the HOH is crowned on Nov. 9; then, the Care Package winner will be revealed before the safety ceremony. During this special episode, will be no America’s Nominee or America's Eviction vote.

So in my best case scenario, if Alex or Morgan wins HOH, then knowing the winner of the CP can be advantageous because they can do Safety based on who they think the CP winner would save, then backdoor someone else. For example, Justin wins the CP. Jason and Whitney are up for eviction. Justin saves Whitney, then Morgan puts Justin up.  Ha ha - they have to choose between Jason and Justin!! In my dreams. Of course Alex/Morgan would have to be aware of the Justin/Whitney loyalty. Otherwise, if Jason is the target, then Jason/Danielle or Jason/Kryssie.

In my very best case scenario, Whitney is evicted, but that's definitely only in my dreams.

2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

So in my best case scenario, if Alex or Morgan wins HOH, then knowing the winner of the CP can be advantageous because they can do Safety based on who they think the CP winner would save, then backdoor someone else. For example, Justin wins the CP. Jason and Whitney are up for eviction. Justin saves Whitney, then Morgan puts Justin up.  Ha ha - they have to choose between Jason and Justin!! In my dreams. Of course Alex/Morgan would have to be aware of the Justin/Whitney loyalty. Otherwise, if Jason is the target, then Jason/Danielle or Jason/Kryssie.

Well, if Justin wins ACP, I assume he can't be put up. It's why I think Danielle should get ACP if Morgan wins HOH. Then Whitney/Jason/Justin are NOT safe. Danielle may be able to save Jason, but Justin/Whitney's a whole other story.

The only thing is if Morgan gets ACP and she's not HOH, then Shelby could go home. UNLESS someone like Danielle wins HOH and decides that DE is the time to take out Justin/Whitney.

I don't think the CP guarantees safety from nomination. It just means you can take yourself or someone else down.  Of course it wouldn't make sense to nominate for eviction the person who has the CP, but I don't think it would guarantee safety from a back door.

I tried to look at the CP description again and CBS has removed it and the final CP from the site.

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If Morgan is HOH but doesn't get ACP then I think she should probably just nom whoever does get ACP so they will have to save themselves.

Agreed. If Morgan does get HOH, I'd love the ACP to go to Danielle or Whitney, because then Morgan can put up either Danielle/Jason, OR Justin/Whitney, and then one of the boys may go home. 

Just now, Lamb18 said:

I don't think the CP guarantees safety from nomination. It just means you can take yourself or someone else down.  Of course it wouldn't make sense to nominate for eviction the person who has the CP, but I don't think it would guarantee safety from a back door.

I reread the rules earlier this evening (don't know where the link is) and I think that you're right. ACP is delivered before the ceremony, not after like I assumed. So yeah, whoever gets ACP will most definitely be put up so they use it on themselves. But the thing is, if Morgan doesn't win HOH and she doesn't get ACP, she's up on the block and staying there. She might even go over Shelby. 

• Love 1

Well, I'm even more disgusted with "America" than usual right now, so I am going to flashback to the BSers talk, and then I think I'm done, folks. Love you people, and will still read these threads, but I can't. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Well, I'm even more disgusted with "America" than usual right now, so I am going to flashback to the BSers talk, and then I think I'm done, folks. Love you people, and will still read these threads, but I can't. 

Right there with you.

I know that many of you are, right now, sad Ball Smashers fans. May I remind you that after the next eviction, three (of  four) original Ball Smasher hamsters will still be in the house?

By the way, I'm voting for Morgan. At least I would vote for her but since America is voting for Alex or Whitney, there really is no point.

See? It's Big Brother. Nobody gets what they want.

Edited by ZSweetJane

Well, with everything that's transpiring tonight with the real America, and what will inevitably happen tomorrow night with "America", I think I'm out. I say this now because I'm emotional and I'm just a Canadian! But yeah, I'm feeling pretty dejected right about now. I think I'll be just reading the threads if Morgan doesn't win DE HOH. 

• Love 3