Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Over The Top, Week 6 (11/02/2016 - 11/08/2016)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Or, what Justin could do which would be bad [from Danielle's viewpoint] is to take down Whitney and forcing Shelby to put up Alex or Morgan. The Ballsmashers would have to rely on America to vote out Danielle in that case. 

This isn't so bad for Dani because the BS would more likely suspect that America is targeting Kryssie (they put her on the block, after all…even if they didn't have a choice about voting up Dani because she was already there) and vote against her, thus either evicting Kryssie (if the BS guessed right) or Alex (if they guessed wrong).  So Danielle doesn't have too much to fear in this scenario…I just don't think Justin will save Whitney once Jason tells him this would most likely evict Kryssie.  I think he'd save Kryssie…which would doom Danielle.

If Kryssie wins, I don't know if she'll use it on Danielle, UNLESS Jason beats Shelby

Well, Kryssie isn't winning, but let's play.  If Jason holds the tiebreak, she'll definitely use the Veto on Danielle, trusting her alliance and being unafraid of earning the AV against her.  She'd see it as a "bold move" and "really playing" and "trusting the good people"…when what this would is  not having the self-awareness to realize that Dani could easily cut a deal with Alex/Morgan to evict her (Kryssie) and that maybe leaving her game in Danielle's hands isn't the smartest move ever.

If Shelby holds the tiebreak, Kryssie might want to be stubborn and stay on the block anyway, but Jason would probably take her aside and explain how this almost surely guarantees her own eviction and that it's time to let Danielle go, instead.

If Whitney wins, will she do what Jason wants and take down Danielle, or will she realize that America will ping this as the worst move ever to not use veto on yourself and she will use the veto on herself, guaranteeing Justin's possible eviction?

Theoretically, if Jason wins the tiebreaker, Whitney should be safe even if America turns on her for the Marcellas vote, but she'd be a lot more aware that Dani or Jason could flip on her, too, and I think she'd take the safe route and use the Veto on herself, even though this would doom Justin.

(If Alex and Morgan vote against Justin, and America joins them, Jason's tiebreaker becomes moot.  If America votes out Kryssie but Whitney votes out Danielle, Justin leaves on a 2-1-1 vote.  And if Whitney turns on Kryssie to save Justin and America forces the tie…Jason sends Justin home over Kryssie, anyway.)

And if Shelby wins the tiebreaker, Whitney definitely has to use the Veto (and doom Justin) because if she doesn't, it only takes Morgan+America+Shelby to send her home instead of Alex, and she would know that the "traitor!" vote and the "you moron!" vote combined would almost surely earn her the AV for eviction.

So if Whitney wins Veto, it means that either her or Justin is most likely to go home.  Whereas if she throws the Veto, there's pretty much no chance she leaves and a diminished chance that Justin does.  And she can figure this out…so I wouldn't be surprised if she throws it.

We'll see, though.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Alex is America's nom. Veto players are Shelby, Jason, Whitney, Danielle, Alex, and Morgan (picked by Alex).

I'm never going to believe Jokers again. I thought it was Kryssie. LOL!!

Alex was the AN (fucking TwitShits, maniacally voting for Alex when Kryssie led most of the polls elsewhere), but Shelby drew Alex's chip, so Alex picked Morgan for Veto.

Bad news is that this pretty much renders the tiebreaker irrelevant.  If Dani wins Veto, Alex is screwed.  

Good news is that Justin isn't playing, I doubt Jason can win this, and Whitney should (if she's smart) be throwing it.  So the three BS have a decent chance.

I'm predicting Morgan for balancing comp. She's a cheerleader and she seems good at most comps anyway, even if she doesn't win all the time. Morgan or Dani probably, but I'm praying Morgan saves her sister!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Fucking America ruining things for me once again.  At least the BSers are all playing veto.  Would love for Morgan to win and pull Alex down!

Poor Shelby - worst HOH ever.

but Shelby did get to listen to NSYNC*. LOL!!!

This is the best case scenario for the BS, right? You have Shelby, Alex and Morgan all competing. I still wanted Kryissie to go up because she would realize everyone (me anyway) hate her and want her gone. LOL!!

• Love 1

What's interesting is now that Shelby will be more concerned about saving Alex than Whitney, even though she promised Whitney to take her off. But Alex needs to be removed because she will definitely be voted out if she stays. Right now the voters are Morgan, Justin and Kryssie and America, who would probably vote Alex since America (but not me!) nominated her.

10 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Poor Shelby - worst HOH ever.

I'd have to disagree with this, respectfully.  If you mean "most screwed over by a twist", I'd have to vote for Chima for that one.  Doomed before she even won it, in part because of the "America, you have the chance to give one Houseguest a game-changing power!  But first, a segment about how cute Jeff and Jordan are!" nature of episode 11.09.  (No, those weren't Julie's exact words, but they did go immediately from "you can vote for the Coup!" to "JeJo are so sweet!".  Not even a commercial break.)

If you mean "worst" as "most incompetent", I'd disagree on general principles, and even among the bad HoHs (like "Ronnie turns the whole house against him and has to hide in his room" bad), I just have one word:  "Jee".

Well, actually "Jee" and "Jee", to be precise. :)

Danielle doesn't seem to be as worried as she IMO should be ("I just have to beat Alex and Morgan," she says, somehow completely discounting My Girl Shelby), it was Jason who was more upset that Alex got to choose Morgan.  Does Ditzi Dani not understand that she's pretty much in a "win or go home" spot?

I mean, yes, Alex being the AN makes Whitney less likely to throw it, as Justin could probably survive a backdoor anyway, should America have Alex and Danielle as alternate options.  But she still might consider throwing her best choice here.  And Jason could win, I guess, but I don't see him beating all three BS, especially as a "balance" comp would seem to favor women, due to their lower centers of gravity.  I think that 80-90% of Danielle's chances for survival lie in Dani's own hands, here.  Hope she drops them.

Speaking of hands, this will be the fourth comp since Kryssie's hands were torn into bloody strips of flesh in that rock wall Veto.  She's sat out three of them, and ended up DQed and sobbing in the fourth one.  But of course, she's here to play!  Unlike Scott, who just wanted the stipend and TV time, blah blah, pot/kettle, you're so black you're a black hole of suck, etc.  It sucks she can't go this week, now.  DE for her, perhaps?

6 minutes ago, DAngelus said:

I'd have to disagree with this, respectfully.  If you mean "most screwed over by a twist", I'd have to vote for Chima for that one.  Doomed before she even won it, in part because of the "America, you have the chance to give one Houseguest a game-changing power!  But first, a segment about how cute Jeff and Jordan are!" nature of episode 11.09.  (No, those weren't Julie's exact words, but they did go immediately from "you can vote for the Coup!" to "JeJo are so sweet!".  Not even a commercial break.)

If you mean "worst" as "most incompetent", I'd disagree on general principles, and even among the bad HoHs (like "Ronnie turns the whole house against him and has to hide in his room" bad), I just have one word:  "Jee".

Well, actually "Jee" and "Jee", to be precise. :)

Danielle doesn't seem to be as worried as she IMO should be ("I just have to beat Alex and Morgan," she says, somehow completely discounting My Girl Shelby), it was Jason who was more upset that Alex got to choose Morgan.  Does Ditzi Dani not understand that she's pretty much in a "win or go home" spot?

I mean, yes, Alex being the AN makes Whitney less likely to throw it, as Justin could probably survive a backdoor anyway, should America have Alex and Danielle as alternate options.  But she still might consider throwing her best choice here.  And Jason could win, I guess, but I don't see him beating all three BS, especially as a "balance" comp would seem to favor women, due to their lower centers of gravity.  I think that 80-90% of Danielle's chances for survival lie in Dani's own hands, here.  Hope she drops them.

Speaking of hands, this will be the fourth comp since Kryssie's hands were torn into bloody strips of flesh in that rock wall Veto.  She's sat out three of them, and ended up DQed and sobbing in the fourth one.  But of course, she's here to play!  Unlike Scott, who just wanted the stipend and TV time, blah blah, pot/kettle, you're so black you're a black hole of suck, etc.  It sucks she can't go this week, now.  DE for her, perhaps?

Danielle is overly confident or in denial. I guess she has good as a chance as Alex, Morgan, Whitney or even Shelby. They are trying to figure out the Veto comp but they are usually wrong. I guess we will find out in 4 hours or so. I want one of the BS to win for the pure joy.

• Love 1

I wish I could watch the veto comp. I have to figure out how to watch this stuff on my phone. Wednesday will be so exciting but I will be at my niece's band concert. Why is it so difficult choosing between having a life with people I care about and following people (BB contestants) whose fate on the show has no impact on my life?

• Love 1

If you have a computer, you should be able to pause the feeds, even if you're at work.  But I don't know your set-up, of course.

15 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They are trying to figure out the Veto comp but they are usually wrong.

It was funny hearing Jason and the sisters last night discussing the traditional BB comps and how they won't get played this season because of the tiny budget.  Like how the "trade prizes" Veto usually has $5000 as the next-to-last prize and Jason was like "they won't have that this season.  You might get a $25 gift card to Appleby's.  Not even enough to cover the whole check, just help out a bit."  Heh.

Jason also doesn't think they have Appleby's in California, because California is too classy for that.  I can disprove his conclusion and I'm not sure about his premise.  But thanks for the compliment, anyway.

Damnit; I was so sure Kryssie was going to be AN. I hate Twitter so much. But at least three Ballsmashers are playing for veto. And if Whitney wins veto, will she dare to use veto on herself and have Justin up in her place? Probably. But that also might mean that America'll vote to evict Alex, so it won't even matter.

I can't trust AN anymore. It really does disappoint me that Justin probably won't leave this week. It'll be between Danielle and Alex, and I couldn't be more disappointed. 

• Love 1

I mean worst HOH as in terms of what I want.  I loved Chima's HOH, because I couldn't stand her.  I mean honestly, this isn't even the worst HOH this season -that would be Kryssie's.  But again, I loved that outcome.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Damnit; I was so sure Kryssie was going to be AN. I hate Twitter so much.

What's annoying is that the Danielle fans couldn't figure out what I reasoned out last night; that Dani would be much safer with Kryssie on the block as AN than she is with Alex in the spot.  After starting out with the logical "vote Kryssie, she's easier to beat in the Veto and we can backdoor Alex that way" position, too many fell back to reflexive "let's get those blonde girls!" voting, and now both Alex and Dani are in more danger than they need to be.  

Meanwhile, Justin is almost completely safe.  If America had voted for Kryssie, there would be at least a 33% chance Justin leaves.  Sigh.

15 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I mean worst HOH as in terms of what I want.

Heh.  Fair enough.

"Everyone's a winner! 'Everyone', of course, meaning 'me'."  (Mayor Wilkins to Allan Finch and Mr. Trick, Bad Girls)

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

Morgan looks so cute dancing to 'NSYNC while getting loose for the comp.  Hoping we get to tell Danielle "Bye, bye, bye"!  

Wait, that's Backstreet Boys, isn't it?  Sorry, I completely ignored '90s boy bands, just as much as I try ignore One Direction these days.  Really don't know any 'NSYNC songs, which, yay, me!

Danielle's up to "I have to win or I could go", which is her standard rap but actually true this time.  Oh, now she's reassuring Whitney that "I think you'll be okay, regardless"…does she want Whitney to throw it?  Weird.

2 minutes ago, DAngelus said:

Morgan looks so cute dancing to 'NSYNC while getting loose for the comp.  Hoping we get to tell Danielle "Bye, bye, bye"!  

Wait, that's Backstreet Boys, isn't it?  Sorry, I completely ignored '90s boy bands, just as much as I try ignore One Direction these days.  Really don't know any 'NSYNC songs, which, yay, me!

Danielle's up to "I have to win or I could go", which is her standard rap but actually true this time.  Oh, now she's reassuring Whitney that "I think you'll be okay, regardless"…does she want Whitney to throw it?  Weird.

It's do or die for Danni. I hope it isn't a crapshoot comp. I want some tension. LOL!! I would love for Morgan to win. She would take Alex off and they would have to put up LNJ up.

3 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

There wouldn't be a replacement nominee as Alex was America's nom.

Which is why Justin can't be backdoored and Dani is dead meat if the BS win. :)

Of course, if Dani wins, Alex goes home.  The day before Teagan's birthday, it turns out.  I guess that's okay if they get to spend it together, but I'm sure both of them would rather she was still in the house.

I'm torn between watching it and have my anxiety flare up, or wait to find out the results so I don't have to watch, but still have my anxiety flare up.

Basically, it's Alex or Danielle this week. Justin going up doesn't guarantee his eviction, even with Shelby beating Jason, because America would HAVE to vote him out. 

But Danielle's pretty screwed. It's her and Jason playing for herself, Whitney playing most likely for herself, vs Shelby, Alex, and Morgan playing for Alex. She really got screwed by Jason this week. I bet Danielle's regretting her volunteering to go on the block. 

• Love 1

Veto hasn't started yet. I bet Justin, the host, is getting the rules explained to him 100 times so he can explain it to the houseguests. He's not even playing and he's screwing things up. Idiot, don't you know that this is the most important veto of the SUMMER....ahem, I mean FALL?? 

• Love 1

Well, Morgan still has a shot at the next CP, whereas Alex is ineligible.  So I get why he's annoyed.  But this is what you get for calling Alex the "puppetmaster" all the time.  Serves you right, Stockboy!

Heh, I just realized that the feud between our co-HoHs is "Stockboy" v. Stockton (Shelby's surname).  And again I go with "heh".

1.15 and still no sign of the Veto comp.  Get it together, Luman!  Grr, arrgh.

I can't watch feeds/longer videos at work - they are blocked internally. So I turn to you guys to find out what is going on during the day. When I work from home (around once a week), I can have my personal computer going at the same time. But I can't ask my boss to work from home every day so I can watch BB feeds (ha).

• Love 1
Just now, Lamb18 said:

I can't watch feeds/longer videos at work - they are blocked internally. So I turn to you guys to find out what is going on during the day. When I work from home (around once a week), I can have my personal computer going at the same time. But I can't ask my boss to work from home every day so I can watch BB feeds (ha).

You see, I know there's only four more weeks of this season, but you need Mondays off, if you can choose any day to work from home. Mondays are the veto comps and they're the only ones NOT in the middle of the night! 

• Love 1

Oh, here we go. It's putting ten balls each into three containers. It's much like the HOH competition from last season (I believe the HOH comp that Paulie was handed...I mean won last season). There's some other rules that I totally missed, but they have to place the balls in some long tube and make sure those don't fall as they walk across. It's basically a lot of balance. The veto will only last two hours max, so that's good. 

It's very complicated because the two balls have to be balanced in the tube and if you drop them, ALL the balls in your unlocked container have to be reset. 

LOL, Jason didn't go walk back on the balance beam, so he had to reset. 

Danielle's doing really well, unfortunately for us.

Edited by Lady Calypso

Shelby scores first! But she drops her balls next time and has to reset.  So it was Morgan/Dani in the lead, but Morgan drops on her second try, too. Currently Jason and Dani with 4 (out of 30) in the tubes…but Jason didn't walk back on the beam, so he has to reset.  Morgan scores, and moves into 2nd. No, wait, she falls, but now Shelby's back to 4.  I think Shelby may be the best at this, but Alex/Dani/Morgan are also threats.

Danielle has 6 now.  Whitney is throwing it.

Jason gets back to 2. Alex has 6.

Shelby is first to 10! And those 10 are locked! YAY!!!

Dani gets to 10. Darn.

12 for Dani.  Jason back to 0. Shelby gets to 12.

Alex reaches 10, locked in.  14 for Shelby.  Morgan/Whitney currently at 6.

Shelby has to reset to 10.  Not sure why.  Whitney got a false "re-set", did Shelby?  I didn't see it.  Shelby back to 10.  Dani probably in the lead, though.

Morgan back to 0.  No, Dani only has 12, she had a reset in there, somewhere.

Shelby resets back to 10.  Is Alex leading now?

14 for Dani.  Whitney still throwing it.

Shelby loses a ball out of her tube, back to 10.

Jason gets to 10. Dani at 16. Alex unknown. Shelby 12.

Dani loses her balls out the back end of her tube, back to 10!

Shelby at 12 again.  Whitney back to 0.  Nice throwing!

Shelby lost a ball, back to 10.  Dani also back to 10.  Jason might be leading, we haven't seen him lately.  Shelby back to 12.

Alex at 14, Shelby at 14,  Dani had another reset, she's back at 10.

16 for Jason. Holy crap.

Morgan currently at 4.  She's bombing as badly as Whitney, who's throwing it.  Danielle back to 14 and Jason is the first to 20.

Shelby got to 20, but just ran back, thinking her balls were locked.  Not until you get back. Damn it.

22 for Jason.  Shit.

Okay, I don't know what the FUCK is going on! 

If you look at Cam #2, c. 1.44 BBT, you can see Shelby put balls #19-20 in her second tube, and as Justin starts reading the rules again (for no apparent reason), she sprints back along the beam, and gets told to reset.  She does NOT fall off of the beam, and none of the balls are in her transport tube, so…

Only thing I can think of is that maybe one of her balls bounced out of the storage tube?  But that shouldn't happen.  Have to check Cams #3 and #4. (Cam #1 is on Justin at the time.)

ETA: No, wait, Cam #2 clearly shows that all 10 balls are in Shelby's tube when she goes to retrieve them.  

No balls hit the ground.  Shelby didn't hit the ground. WTFFFF?

ETAA:  Never mind.  It's just that the high-angle on Cam #2 is from the left side of the beams, and Shelby hopped off and ran along the right side of her beam, so it looked as though she was on it…but she wasn't. :(

I blame Justin for that random re-read of the rules.  Who told him to do that just then?

(Yeah, yeah, it was probably in the cue cards for him to do it when somebody [Jason] reaches 20.  Stupid, though.  Broke the other players' concentration at the moment they most needed it.)

Sickening listening to the LNJ gloat about how virtuous they are for staying loyal and that shit.  Hey, dickbags, it's not as though anyone other than Whitney has flipped, either.  God.

Now Alex has to win the DE HoH, or she follows her sis right out the door on Wednesday.  Since neither she nor Shelby can get the Veto.  This sucks.

I mean, not as much as "Bruce Springsteen campaigns for a candidate endorsed by the fucking Bush family" sucks (Where did your goddamn principles go, Boss?  You don't see Dave Grohl or Liz Phair pulling this shit…), but on the BB scale, it sucks donkey balls. :(

Edited by DAngelus
Just now, DAngelus said:

If you look at Cam #2, c. 1.44 BBT, you can see Shelby put balls #19-20 in her second tube, and as Justin starts reading the rules again (for no apparent reason), she sprints back along the beam, and gets told to reset.  She does NOT fall off of the beam, and none of the balls are in her transport tube, so…

Apparently, Shelby ran across the grass, not the beam.

Ballsmashers +The Spy Girl is up in HOH. Shelby is pissed and upset at herself. Alex told Shelby that they need to make a deal with Jason. 

It really sucks; Shelby had a good week until ACP and this veto. Shelby definitely needs to make a deal with Jason. 

Spy needs to leave the HOH room.

There's no deal they can make.  He's not going to give a shit.  He wants Morgan gone, Kryssie, Danielle and Justin will vote her out. Shelby can't win HOH on Thursday, it will be Alex vs. the house for HOH. 

Edited: Wait, it sounds like they ARE voting Alex out.  All righty, then.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 3