Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

I don't think Nicole went there taunt Shannon.  Funny though that's what Shannon's instagram message implies.  She was there with her willing husband.  Additionally, it seems like they were there with friends.  Did they buy the tickets?   Or did friends invite them?  If that was the case, they might not even have known where they were sitting until they got to the stadium.  Bottom line, there's many reasons why they could have ended up sitting where they sat.

Just to clarify, Nicole and her husband didn't do an interview with ET.  They issued a statement.  And wasn't ET the one who originally posted the story?

Shannon needs to calm down if she wants her marriage to work.  I understand her anger towards Nicole.  If Shannon wants to vent her anger then ask to meet with the woman.  Send her a letter.  Whatever.  She's just letting this seethe inside her and outbursts like what happened in the stadium does no one any good.  The fact is that both couples live in the same area.  They're going to run into one another.  Either find closure or move.  What she's doing now is not healthy for both families.

• Love 12

This was not the career you referenced Reed 'mocking.'  THAT is what incited all of this conversation.  Too bad the goalposts keep getting moved.

I haven't read all of the accounts but if indeed the one constant is Shannon approaching Nicole, she needs to figure out how to not do that.  I am being completely straight when Shannon is primarily being unfair to HERSELF in engaging.  It can't feel satisfying at this point to engage with Nicole. 

I am referencing that MCM keeps claiming she has never worked.  When asked what her degree was in she said Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance.  She later said she worked in finance.  That could be running a cash register the point is she worked before she got married to David.  I would say her job/career is now 'television personality" much like Meghan's and Tamra's and Heather's.

I agree I think she has found her niche in reality TV.  Reed still made a crack about her job or career.  He was the one to reference money-so obviously he thinks she earns money for "television personality".

And??? Basically, he made the gracious assumption that she wouldn't normally act like a crazy person unless the cameras were around and reminded her that they weren't. It is a lot nicer than what I would have said if she were screaming personal crap about my wife to a stadium full of people. Also, if SHE considers being a reality personality a "career" then she is even more pathetic than I thought. That is Tamera level delusion.

• Love 5

ZM, I'm probably more stumping for the fact that there was before whatever you're citing to, NO evidence Shannon ever held a job because there wasn't and we discussed this last season, too.  And I feel like the career thing is a red herring to criticize not only Nicole but Reed McMackin, who hasn't done a THING to Shannon Beador best we know, only now he's a villain, and you posted that for all we know, he cheated first, insinuating that hey, in the realm of all things possible, this mess started with his (imaginary?) actions. 

• Love 5

Based on what happened at the football game, I think Shannon is losing her shit. A football game in a stadium that seats over 60,000 people, you see someone you have an issue with and decide that they have no business coming to a public event where they apparently have season tickets? Does Shannon actually believe that they conspired to sit 15 rows behind her? How exactly would one pull that off? Crazy

• Love 6

ZM, I'm probably more stumping for the fact that there was before whatever you're citing to, NO evidence Shannon ever held a job because there wasn't and we discussed this last season, too.  And I feel like the career thing is a red herring to criticize not only Nicole but Reed McMackin, who hasn't done a THING to Shannon Beador best we know, only now he's a villain, and you posted that for all we know, he cheated first, insinuating that hey, in the realm of all things possible, this mess started with his (imaginary?) actions. 

Your assumption is she did not have a job because she didn't discuss it on the show, I am pointing out she has since claimed to have a Business Administration degree emphasis in Finance and she claims to have worked in finance.  What Reed was referencing, from my read is that she is "television personality" that makes money from her reality situations.  Reed is the one who allegedly said, "no money to be made here," I am gleaning he was referencing the fact she and David have made the affair part of the storyline that Shannon gets paid for it.  So that is how I arrived at  my conclusion that Reed was taking a shot at her career/job.  I don't think Reed is either a villain or a victim.  I just don't think he had any business addressing Shannon.  I hope these people move on and the world and their very insular world knows that Nicole has slept with her kid's basketball coach and David as a coach slept with a team member's mom.  Big trust issues for both Nicole and David in their circles.

It seems Shannon is pretty satisfied that Nicole expressed remorse.  It seems it would have been simpler to send an e-mail or pick up the phone and call.  Ball is in Shannon's court if she chooses to pursue this woman.  I am hoping she won't.

• Love 3

All completely plausible, IMO.

The thing that is interesting to me, as someone who attends a lot of sporting events, is that being seated 15 rows apart is not particularly that close. In a completely full stadium (and that one was packed), it would be hard to pick out someone who was sitting 15 rows in front of you. It would be easier to not notice them than to notice them. My guess is that had they not run into each other going to/from the bathroom, they wouldn't have even seen each other. It also makes the fact that Nicole's husband apparently heard Shannon scream into the crowd that she was the woman who had slept with her husband all the more incredible. Stadiums are very loud. There is always noise coming from everywhere - music playing when the action on the field stops, etc. The fact that Shannon was so loud as to make herself heard over to Reed means that she was being extremely loud and obnoxious. Its incredible really.

Yeah now that part doesn't really seem feasible to me. If Reed was with her, then I'll buy he heard what she yelled. Otherwise I think he was told of what went down. I don't buy that somehow Shannon's voice boomed above the din of the stadium. So I'm not quite sure when Reed made his witty comment.
  • Love 3

I am referencing that MCM keeps claiming she has never worked. When asked what her degree was in she said Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance. She later said she worked in finance. That could be running a cash register the point is she worked before she got married to David. I would say her job/career is now 'television personality" much like Meghan's and Tamra's and Heather's.

I would be interested to hear more about her "finance" job, and would assume it was more than ringing a cash register. This really is something that is fascinating to me. I have known many wealthy people in my life. Many educated people. I have never known any of those people to just never work, or do something meaningful with their time, except in the case where they moved straight into motherhood. Since to my knowledge she has never spoken of any type of job that I have ever heard, it gives a glimpse into something that is fascinating. Something that is just "off" about her. She has complete household help, except it seems she does cook. She had a nanny for the twins, and another for their other daughter. These people lived in the home with them, and as of last season, at least one of them was still around. What on earth does Shannon do with her time? How can her kids still require a nanny when she doesn't have any real employment on a day to day basis? Besides visiting Dr. Moon 3 times a week, what does she do? She seems like someone who has no purpose outside of her new reality show job.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

I would be interested to hear more about her "finance" job, and would assume it was more than ringing a cash register. This really is something that is fascinating to me. I have known many wealthy people in my life. Many educated people. I have never known any of those people to just never work, or do something meaningful with their time, except in the case where they moved straight into motherhood. Since to my knowledge she has never spoken of any type of job, it gives a glimpse into something that is fascinating. Something that is just "off" about her. She has complete household help, except it seems she does cook. She had a nanny for the twins, and another for their other daughter. These people lived in the home with them, and as of last season, at least one of them were still around. What on ear

The first clue to me that Shannon worked was her mother, sole heir to Robert Shannon's fortune and her husband were or are very successful real estate people.  Robert Shannon did not die until 1999- a year before Shannon married, so I think that probably negates her living off her grandfather's estate. Shannon has two sisters so I am thinking most trust funders don't go out and get a job to support their three adult children or a combination of them.  You assume she never worked because she hasn't mentioned it on the show.  I assumed she worked because she has made reference off the show to her degree and employment.  I have never heard what Tamra did for a living before Simon and I assume she had to work. 

All I can say if you have questions send her a Facebook inquiry-she seems to answer them.  I agree she has a lot of hired help.  I don't know if that was out of necessity or entitlement.  Shannon seems to have a lot of maladies.  Heather also has had multiple nannies and an assistant and other assorted help with very little on her acting resume during those years.  Come to think of it Brandi had nannies when she was married to Eddie.

• Love 1

The first clue to me that Shannon worked was her mother, sole heir to Robert Shannon's fortune and her husband were or are very successful real estate people.  Robert Shannon did not die until 1999- a year before Shannon married, so I think that probably negates her living off her grandfather's estate. Shannon has two sisters so I am thinking most trust funders don't go out and get a job to support their three adult children or a combination of them.  You assume she never worked because she hasn't mentioned it on the show.  I assumed she worked because she has made reference off the show to her degree and employment.  I have never heard what Tamra did for a living before Simon and I assume she had to work. 

Im not getting that logic. I've known people who got allowances and partial inheritances while the grandparent is still alive making employment not a requirement to live (especially female grand/children). What makes her prior work history so hinky is that she is so vague about it. Where did she work in finance? In what capacity?

Oh, Tamra mentioned the fact that she was a waitress several times before marrying Simon because that is how they met.

• Love 3

Your assumption is she did not have a job because she didn't discuss it on the show, I am pointing out she has since claimed to have a Business Administration degree emphasis in Finance and she claims to have worked in finance.  What Reed was referencing, from my read is that she is "television personality" that makes money from her reality situations.  Reed is the one who allegedly said, "no money to be made here," I am gleaning he was referencing the fact she and David have made the affair part of the storyline that Shannon gets paid for it.  So that is how I arrived at  my conclusion that Reed was taking a shot at her career/job.  I don't think Reed is either a villain or a victim.  I just don't think he had any business addressing Shannon.  I hope these people move on and the world and their very insular world knows that Nicole has slept with her kid's basketball coach and David as a coach slept with a team member's mom.  Big trust issues for both Nicole and David in their circles.

It seems Shannon is pretty satisfied that Nicole expressed remorse.  It seems it would have been simpler to send an e-mail or pick up the phone and call.  Ball is in Shannon's court if she chooses to pursue this woman.  I am hoping she won't.

I am sure that Shannon got paid to do the interviews she has given this season and he could be referencing those, not just her HW job.

You consider Shannon/girls to be a victim(s) of the affair but you don't think Reed and his kids are victims as well? I find that confusing and I don't understand why he/kids would not be victims as well. IMO, the only ones that aren't victims are David and Nicole, otherwise the rest ARE victims. 

• Love 3

Remember when Shannon said she called Reed to suggest a book for him regarding his children and loss of a parent. Instead she talked to Nicole and told her she wanted to save her marriage and Nicole told Shannon that David was stalking her. I believe that Nicole rejecting David by saying he was stalking her ticked off Shannon. I believe David left Shannon (for two weeks) thinking Nicole would leave her husband and run to him. It appears David was a dalliance to Nicole and nothing more. David took the affair seriously and was more than willing to jump the shark for Nicole. Nicole did not plan to leave Reed for David. Does this upset Shannon deeply that David was really into Nicole, possibly in love with her?

On the other hand, the statement issued by Nicole and Reed culled from the ET article:

"This has been an extremely trying time. We have done our best to work through our issues in private. Nicole understands that she made a terrible mistake and there has been an incredible price paid by both families.

We want everyone to understand that we love each other very much, and that I have completely forgiven her. We have reached a place where we are moving forward as a family. We believe that our future can be one of happiness, and hope the same for the Beador family. However, it is extremely difficult to move forward with the constant attention drawn to this difficult situation by the Beadors.

As private citizens, it is difficult to see our pictures all over the internet, and have articles written about us. This kind of attention has been extremely trying not only to us, but more importantly, our two children. We have done our very best to keep our lives, and those of our children out of the public domain. We never have, nor will we ever seek out public attention about this very painful, private matter, and we are hoping that the Beadors, Bravo, and the other cast members will allow us and our children to live our lives in peace."

• Love 6

No one here has any proof that Shannon has never worked in her life.  It's a nice narrative to craft about Shannon, but unless there is some concrete evidence to back it up, it's all a bunch of baseless speculation.

Saying she has worked is also baseless speculation because she has never said where she worked. So the "worked in finance" is a nice narrative too unless she coughs up her former employment history for people to verify.

I totally lost track about why Shannon's employment history is important.

No one here has any proof that Shannon has never worked in her life. It's a nice narrative to craft about Shannon, but unless there is some concrete evidence to back it up, it's all a bunch of baseless speculation.

I agree.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog

I totally lost track about why Shannon's employment history is important.

I agree.

A poster said that Nicole's husband Reed was disrespecting Shannon's "career" (being on Bravo) by telling her that there weren't any cameras around and no money to be made so knock it off (it being her screaming and pointing at Nicole that she was the woman who slept with her husband). Why that is offensive? I have no clue.
  • Love 3

Saying she has worked is also baseless speculation because she has never said where she worked. So the "worked in finance" is a nice narrative too unless she coughs up her former employment history for people to verify.

That makes no logical sense.  If the assertion is made that she has not worked because she hasn't talked about it on the show, then the onus is on those saying she never worked to prove it.  Just because she has never mentioned what she did before she married David doesn't mean she never worked.  There is an absence of evidence here.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 1

That makes no logical sense.  If the assertion is made that she has not worked because she hasn't talked about it on the show, then it is the onus of those saying she never worked to prove it.  Just because she has never mentioned what she did before she married David doesn't mean she never worked.  There is an absence of evidence here.

It would be easier to prove a positive (she worked) than a negative (hasn't worked) so why doesn't she cough up her resume? She has no problem demanding other people's medical records so what is the big deal?

• Love 2

It would be easier to prove a positive (she worked) than a negative (hasn't worked) so why doesn't she cough up her resume? She has no problem demanding other people's medical records so what is the big deal?

Well, if Shannon is going to demand medical records fr/ someone, maybe her employment history is fair game?

I dunno.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 4

Well, if Shannon is going to demand medical records fr/ someone, maybe her employment history is fair game?

I dunno.

----

I'm not saying it's not fair game.  But if she isn't even here for someone to ask her, then how can she even respond?  That makes no sense.

Shannon has never said she has worked, so I demand she show me her resume to prove she has worked.  Do you hear me Shannon?  Where is it?  Gee, how come Shannon hasn't shown me her resume here on this message board?  See she won't show me here, so she didn't ever work in her life.

Yeah, that makes so much sense.  No.

• Love 1

I'm not saying it's not fair game. But if she isn't even here for someone to ask her, then how can she even respond? That makes no sense.

Shannon has never said she has worked, so I demand she show me her resume to prove she has worked. Do you hear me Shannon? Where is it? Gee, how come Shannon hasn't shown me her resume here on this message board? See she won't show me here, so she didn't ever work in her life.

Yeah, that makes so much sense. No.

I was joking.

I was trying to make fun of the absurdity of it all.

But, I would like to submit for everyone's consideration, if Shannon does show up here, we don't let her participate unless she coughs up a resume, at least 50 references, 1,000 written recommendations, and at least 80 curriculum vitaes.

Did I forget anything?

• Love 2

I

I was joking.

But, I would like to submit for everyone's consideration, if Shannon does show up here, we don't let her participate unless she coughs up a resume, at least 50 references, 1,000 written recommendations, and at least 80 curriculum vitaes.

Did I forget anything?

No, that about covers it!

I shouldn't have quoted you; sorry for bringing you into the madness.

• Love 2

I was joking.

Did I forget anything?

W-2 forms, a coworker willing to go on camera and say s/he worked with her and where, or an actual supervisor.
  • Love 2

I saw where Nicole made a statement and said that she regrets the affair with David; then Shannon said it’s the first time Nicole has shown remorse (like it was about time). I have to wonder if David showed remorse to Reed’s satisfaction.  I highly doubt it since David usually just sits there whenever Shannon is ranting about the affair or trying to convince everyone that their marriage is the best its ever been.  I don’t see him going on and on about how wonderful their marriage is.

I feel worse for Reed than I do for Shannon.  He and Nicole have chosen to quietly work on putting their marriage back together, and as he stated, they’re having a hard time moving on when the Beadors keep putting it out there in the media.  About time for Shannon to shut her big mouth because she’s just making herself look like a lunatic by making scenes like she did at the USC game.   Stop claiming you’re over something when you won’t shut up about it.

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 13

Remember when Shannon said she called Reed to suggest a book for him regarding his children and loss of a parent. Instead she talked to Nicole and told her she wanted to save her marriage and Nicole told Shannon that David was stalking her. I believe that Nicole rejecting David by saying he was stalking her ticked off Shannon. I believe David left Shannon (for two weeks) thinking Nicole would leave her husband and run to him. It appears David was a dalliance to Nicole and nothing more. David took the affair seriously and was more than willing to jump the shark for Nicole. Nicole did not plan to leave Reed for David. Does this upset Shannon deeply that David was really into Nicole, possibly in love with her?

On the other hand, the statement issued by Nicole and Reed culled from the ET article:

"This has been an extremely trying time. We have done our best to work through our issues in private. Nicole understands that she made a terrible mistake and there has been an incredible price paid by both families.

We want everyone to understand that we love each other very much, and that I have completely forgiven her. We have reached a place where we are moving forward as a family. We believe that our future can be one of happiness, and hope the same for the Beador family. However, it is extremely difficult to move forward with the constant attention drawn to this difficult situation by the Beadors.

As private citizens, it is difficult to see our pictures all over the internet, and have articles written about us. This kind of attention has been extremely trying not only to us, but more importantly, our two children. We have done our very best to keep our lives, and those of our children out of the public domain. We never have, nor will we ever seek out public attention about this very painful, private matter, and we are hoping that the Beadors, Bravo, and the other cast members will allow us and our children to live our lives in peace."

I have extreme empathy for both Nichole and Reed because they aren't like Shannon who likes attention, they're only trying to move on with their lives. I understand how having this affair brought up in public must be exceedingly painful for their entire family. I just have the impression that Shannon is trying her best to publicly shame and embarrass Nichole and doesn't care if her husband and children suffer the fallout too. He forgave his wife for her affair. He said he loves her and they're intent is to work it out together. It IS a private matter and Shannon is still trying to make herself out to be the only injured party here. She needs to stop, her behavior is becoming hateful.

• Love 12

I have extreme empathy for both Nichole and Reed because they aren't like Shannon who likes attention, they're only trying to move on with their lives. I understand how having this affair brought up in public must be exceedingly painful for their entire family. I just have the impression that Shannon is trying her best to publicly shame and embarrass Nichole and doesn't care if her husband and children suffer the fallout too. He forgave his wife for her affair. He said he loves her and they're intent is to work it out together. It IS a private matter and Shannon is still trying to make herself out to be the only injured party here. She needs to stop, her behavior is becoming hateful.

I just don't get what Shannon's end game is supposed to be. I don't see her marriage lasting with these antics. Her attempt to embarrass the mistress really just embarrasses her (Jezebel just posted an article about this incident and Shannon doesn't come out looking good). And what about her kids? This can greatly affect her relationship with them negatively. I think she needs some intensive, individual therapy before even trying couples therapy.

• Love 9

But it would be a violation of Shannon's rights for anyone to suggest she not keep citing names in tabloid interviews to justify public scene-making!  Or something.  And everything including any reaction Shannon has, will be Nicole's fault into perpetuity!  Or something.  Plus: whore slampiece slutbuckets who get paid for public statements (that seems unlikely, but ok) and therefore are hee-hee technically actual prostitution whoahs, don't have any rights to move on or want to limit the exposure of her husband and children.  Or something. 

{Liz Lemon from '30 Rock'} "Feminism, yay!"

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6

Shannon, the charity starter, is busy supervising a large staff to run and maintain her mansion. Here's a list of staff that celebrities might hire to run their large estates as listed in the Celebrity Concierge & Staffing Services site. You could say in addition to working for RHOC she also runs a huge household.

http://celebrities-staffing.com

*What staff would you like to hire?

Personal Assistant

Executive Assistant

House Manager

Estate Manager

Nanny

Manny

Baby Nurse

Housekeeper

Butler

Houseman

Chef

Cook

Property Manager

Groundskeeper

Chauffeur

Bodyguard

Domestic Couple

Governess

Private Tutor

Nurse

Companion

Gardener

Personal Stylist

Personal Trainer

Massage Therapist

Holistic Doctor

Ranch Manager

Makeup Artist

Personal Shopper

Personal Valet

Lady's Maid

Laundress

Private Pilot

Green Housekeeper

Edited to add:

Home Organizers

Closet Organizers

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I just don't get what Shannon's end game is supposed to be. I don't see her marriage lasting with these antics. Her attempt to embarrass the mistress really just embarrasses her (Jezebel just posted an article about this incident and Shannon doesn't come out looking good). And what about her kids? This can greatly affect her relationship with them negatively. I think she needs some intensive, individual therapy before even trying couples therapy.

A link to the Jezebel article, which IMO is a fantastic analysis of why this is all so wrong, as well as a link to Shannon talking again about the affair last night.

http://jezebel.com/is-rhoc-star-shannon-beador-done-discussing-her-husband-1738987148

• Love 4

A link to the Jezebel article, which IMO is a fantastic analysis of why this is all so wrong, as well as a link to Shannon talking again about the affair last night.

http://jezebel.com/is-rhoc-star-shannon-beador-done-discussing-her-husband-1738987148

That's an excellent article and I'm in total agreement with the observations of the writer, Kara Brown. I can't help but wonder if Shannon is beating this horse to a pulp because she has nothing else to offer that's of any interest to observers of the show, or because she's just an obsessive and controlling woman who wants to punish her philandering husband a thousand times over. Nichole had stated that David 'stalked' her and honestly, I can easily believe that. She's an attractive woman, their social circles intertwine and it's obvious that David was tired of Shannon's control. If David was a real man, he'd tell Shannon to cut the shit out already because he made a commitment to her and their girls to try and make it work, demand that she makes the same commitment by shutting up and working on their marriage privately. A person can only be killed once but it seems like Shannon is absolutely obsessed with killing both him and Nichole emotionally time and time again.

• Love 9

That's an excellent article and I'm in total agreement with the observations of the writer, Kara Brown. I can't help but wonder if Shannon is beating this horse to a pulp because she has nothing else to offer that's of any interest to observers of the show, or because she's just an obsessive and controlling woman who wants to punish her philandering husband a thousand times over. Nichole had stated that David 'stalked' her and honestly, I can easily believe that. She's an attractive woman, their social circles intertwine and it's obvious that David was tired of Shannon's control. If David was a real man, he'd tell Shannon to cut the shit out already because he made a commitment to her and their girls to try and make it work, demand that she makes the same commitment by shutting up and working on their marriage privately. A person can only be killed once but it seems like Shannon is absolutely obsessed with killing both him and Nichole emotionally time and time again.

Excellent post along with so many others here. Thank you to so many of you for getting to the heart of the matter.

Something is wrong with Shannon and it's just not all about David cheating on her.

• Love 4

I was joking.

Did I forget anything?

I wouldn't be happy unless its presented in a "notebook with tabs."
  • Love 12

A link to the Jezebel article, which IMO is a fantastic analysis of why this is all so wrong, as well as a link to Shannon talking again about the affair last night. http://jezebel.com/is-rhoc-star-shannon-beador-done-discussing-her-husband-1738987148

That is one of the reasons I mentioned the article. It is a very good take on this mess. The other reason I mentioned it was because Jezebel isn't really a part of the reality tv blogverse and is more mainstream. I don't think Shannon is aware of how she is coming across to regular people.

Ya know, I really wonder if she had individual therapy would she stick with this marriage. She seems stuck in this revenge cycle and sees staying with David as the best way to accomplish said revenge rather than trying to make this marriage work.

• Love 6

Shows how much I've been keeping up with this Shannon thread - until last night I thought that tweet about guess who with no moral compass showed up was about Vicki or Brooks. LOL! I've been missing out on all the fun!! 

Imma keep it real here! Stunts gets stunted!!!  Call me immature but every spouse is gonna have that one moment of confrontation and whether they show completely out or act like Oprah would I usually give them a pass be they male or female. I don't know if this was Shannon's 1st time actually really seeing her or 10th but Shannon was wrong here. Why? Her greatest mistake is timing! You pull this shit before you start spouting all that love, peace, harmony and I forgive all bullshit! Because you look a right fool if you try it afterwards and that is what she looks like - a fool! Especially when she is sitting with participant #2 in the affair whose moral compass doesn't point true north either. 

Remember when Shannon said she called Reed to suggest a book for him regarding his children and loss of a parent.

KF0Xhlc.gif

• Love 5

I think Shannon is by far the most brilliant wronged wife I have ever seen.  She could have stepped down from the show, she could have chosen to attempt to hide everything, and she could have booted David out the door.  Any of the 3 would have been worth only a few minutes of fame.  Instead, she chose to publicly work on getting over David's infidelity, and this way she got to out him over and over and over, week after week.  That had to feel good.  I'm wondering if that was really her only end game.

• Love 7

I think Shannon likes to be the victim and LOVES to play the martyr all the time. More than likely she has been this way her whole life but after last season, she is convinced that we, the viewers, believe she is THE victim and that she can make no mistakes.

• Love 3

Yeah, no. I have absolutely no emphathy for Nicole; she isn't the innocent here.  I don't have sympathy for people who break their marriage vows like this.

Reed is another story.  And I agree that Shannon needs to stop.

ETA:  David is no innocent either.  No double standard, anti-feminism here.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 11

When David and Shannon were on WWHL, she said something that stuck with me: She made a comment about how David works all the time and he's only around men on the job, and thus he spends so little time around women that "he doesn't know what to do when he's around other women". Anyone remember that more clearly? The thing is, that pinged my radar for "controlling". I get the impression that Shannon is very happy to have her husband only around men most of the time, and in fact is a very controlling, possessive, and insecure/jealous woman in general. So much of her behavior is so weird that it must be her attempt to control David, her weight, etc. I feel that she takes all the holistic/organic stuff too far because she's so needy and it's a way to get attention. Someone said Shannon is only happy when David is saying "yes, dear" in his wimpy tone or making apologies to her and trying to "make it right". ITA.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8

Forgive me, but I need a little help. When did Shannon call and recommend a book to Reed, and when did Nicole tell Shannon that David was stalking her? I haven't watched part 2 of the reunion, was it presented then? Thanks to whoever can help!!

• Love 1

Forgive me, but I need a little help. When did Shannon call and recommend a book to Reed, and when did Nicole tell Shannon that David was stalking her? I haven't watched part 2 of the reunion, was it presented then? Thanks to whoever can help!!

It might have been on the WWHL episode with Shannon and the man-slut David.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 3

Excellent post along with so many others here. Thank you to so many of you for getting to the heart of the matter.

Something is wrong with Shannon and it's just not all about David cheating on her.

I think her biggest beef is that this woman squirmed into her life. Going after the husband, or accepting his advances, is one thing, he's an adult. But come near me and my kids? Crosses the line. I'd lose it, too. In fact,I have. It's not pretty.

I think Shannon could handle it better. I could have, too. Who knows what else has happened though. It's easier to ignore a stranger.

• Love 10

When David and Shannon were on WWHL, she said something that stuck with me: She made a comment about how David works all the time and he's only around men on the job, and thus he spends so little time around women that "he doesn't know what to do when he's around other women". Anyone remember that more clearly? The thing is, that pinged my radar for "controlling". I get the impression that Shannon is very happy to have her husband only around men most of the time, and in fact is a very controlling, possessive, and insecure/jealous woman in general. So much of her behavior is so weird that it must be her attempt to control David, her weight, etc. I feel that she takes all the holistic/organic stuff too far because she's so needy and it's a way to get attention. Someone said Shannon is only happy when David is saying "yes, dear" in his wimpy tone or making apologies to her and trying to "make it right". ITA.

I can see this being the case that Shannon has to be in control of her life and the people in it.  But she works against herself sometimes.  If she just ignored Nicole at the USC game and the other times she and David have run into her, she would really be the one in control of the situation.

David's "yes, dears" seemed so insincere and kind of annoying to me (if it were me, I might have told him to quit saying that if he didn't mean it), but maybe not to Shannon because she didn't react to it. 

• Love 4

I read the Jezebel article previously and I have issues with someone who claims people are better off divorced because they lived it.  It is very Vicki-ish comment.  The author can't possibly know how their children feel about their parents divorcing and why they would be better off.  If it was to prevent the unfortunate situation at the Coliseum I see it being a hundred times worse if Shannon and David would have separated..  We see Shannon a few minutes a week and a once sentence yell has turned into pages of fodder about how unhinged she is.  She said it, did it and it is time to move on.  What she finally got was an apology for the affair from the other woman.  I would say her tactics may have stunk but it worked.  If she continues down this path then she definitely needs to reassess what the reconciliation and her marriage is all about.  Shannon is neurotic and David with his faults has to either stick around and deal with it or move on.  I think both marriages will stay intact because it will be a contest to see who worked theirs out best.

I do think Shannon, although probably being very honest needs to stop comparing herself to Nicole.  If Andy would have let David finish his reasoning for the affair, I believe he started to say they were out of town, had he been forced to finish then maybe we could get a better picture.  Same with Shannon starting to explain it at the Reunion-Heather and Tamra jumped in.  Let one or the other finish their sentiments.  Damn it.  The nicest thing about mid-November no more RHOC and then onto the holidays.  Maybe a couple of months off from the limelight will give a little rest to the situation.  Sounds as if they will be back filming in January.

• Love 6

I think her biggest beef is that this woman squirmed into her life. Going after the husband, or accepting his advances, is one thing, he's an adult. But come near me and my kids? Crosses the line. I'd lose it, too. In fact,I have. It's not pretty.

I think Shannon could handle it better. I could have, too. Who knows what else has happened though. It's easier to ignore a stranger.

As much as Nicole says David stalked her, what about Nicole purposely getting her daughter on the same team the Beadors' daughter played on and on which David was the coach?  And what about her befriending Shannon and asking her about her family?  Something isn't right about someone who does things like that.  I can see why Shannon asked for the list of places Nicole and David had been too because she didn't want to take the chance of running into Nicole and/or the staff that may have served Nicole and David at one of their trysts.

At this point though, I think Shannon would do herself more good than harm if she just tries to get past it and ignores Nicole (I know---that's easy for me to say).

• Love 6