Type keyword(s) to search

Voter Fraud: The Thread

I think we NEED this topic, because Email Scandal Party Deux has been a (seemingly deliberate) distraction timed perfectly to draw attention away from how Trump's inability to accept the results of the election was going over like a lead balloon. 

So lets talk about the issue head on. Lets examine one of Trump's extravagant claims of how things are "rigged" against him by examining the reality of voter fraud. So we can hold Mr. Trump accountable after the election if he doesn't like what happens and can't accept it. 

Lets start with this video: the vlogbrothers on the reality of Voter Fraud in the US.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Kromm said:

Lets start with this video: the vlogbrothers on the reality of Voter Fraud in the US.

I'm very optimistic about the 36 lightning strikes so far this year.  There's plenty of time left for death from above. 

A lady in Iowa was arrested for voting twice, and there were two more cases in Miami:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB16SzeBJfY

One was an election worker filling in a mayoral candidate that was left blank, and the other filled in votes for a marijuana iniitiative on 5 ballots.

• Love 2

Not voter FRAUD, but voter suppression -  scaring away Latino voters

An image is circulating around the internet depicting a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent arresting an alleged undocumented immigrant in the back of a voter line. In one scary tweet originating from a supporter of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, the individual said that ICE agents are monitoring polling sites.

In reality, both the photo and the tweet itself are fake.

An arrest is photoshopped into a line in front of a polling place, and posted in Spanish-language media outlets to scare away Latino voters in Arizona, playing on their fears of deportation. 

• Love 3

Any Latino who is a citizen of the US, registered to vote would have nothing to fear from ICE unless they were accompanied by someone who wasn't.  I don't see how they would find the photo or tweet intimidating. Look, I am no Trump supporter, but I do believe we should take steps to keep our voting records clean, and keep people who shouldn't be voting from doing so. I am from Illinois, you know, where votes are cast by deceased people. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Any Latino who is a citizen of the US, registered to vote would have nothing to fear from ICE unless they were accompanied by someone who wasn't.  I don't see how they would find the photo or tweet intimidating. Look, I am no Trump supporter, but I do believe we should take steps to keep our voting records clean, and keep people who shouldn't be voting from doing so. I am from Illinois, you know, where votes are cast by deceased people. 

Of course they have nothing REAL to fear.    But if you put out a fake story that Latino people are being arrested at polling places, that can be enough to dissuade people from exercising their right to vote.

• Love 9

Judge orders RNC to detail voter fraud pacts with Trump campaign

A federal judge is ordering the Republican National Committee to detail any agreements it has with Donald Trump's campaign to engage in "ballot security" efforts in connection with next week's election — something the national GOP has been banned from doing for decades without court approval.

The order also instructs the RNC to explain by 5 p.m. Tuesday what Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway and GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence were talking about in recent comments when they said that Trump's campaign was working closely with the RNC to make sure there is no fraud at the polls.

Newark, N.J.-based U.S. District Court John Vazquez issued the order Monday after the Democratic National Committee went to court last week to allege that the RNC was violating consent decrees from the 1980s settling a case alleging that GOP pollwatchers sought to intimidate minority voters in a practice then known as "caging."

The agreements allow the RNC to organize pollwatchers, but prohibit any effort to intimidate voters as they enter a polling place or to challenge individual voters, except as part of a program approved in advance by the court.

The RNC insists it has worked to ensure compliance with the agreement and submitted to the court a series of memos sent to its personnel, national committee members and others from August through this month reminding them about the consent decree and the need to remain at arms length from all ballot security efforts. The memos tell RNC workers, officials and volunteers not to engage in poll watching efforts at all, not to take video or audio recordings at polling places and not to mention ballot fraud concerns on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.

However, in August, Pence appeared to indicate there was a joint effort by the Trump campaign and the RNC to combat voter fraud.

"The Trump Campaign and the Republican National Committee are working very, very closely with state governments and secretaries of state all over the country to ensure ballot integrity," Pence said at a town hall meeting in Denver in August.

In addition, Conway reportedly told the Washington Post last month that the Trump campaign is "actively working with the national committee, the official party, and campaign lawyers to monitor precincts around the country.”

The DNC also filed declarations from several of its pollwatchers Monday saying fellow pollwatchers at early voting sites in Nevada said they were sent by the RNC, but were told not to reveal that affiliation.

In 2009, the RNC asked the judge assigned to the "caging" case since its inception in 1981, Dickinson Debevoise, to lift the order. He declined, but reined in the decree somewhat, narrowing who could move to enforce the order and allowing the RNC to submit ballot security plans just 10 days in advance instead of the previous 20. He also left the order in place through December 2017, but said it could be extended if the the DNC proved the RNC was violating it.

Some of the RNC legal guidance issued this year warns that violations of the consent decree could result in its extension.

The RNC appealed Debevoise's 2009 ruling to the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, which upheld the decision. The judge, an appointee of President Jimmy Carter, died last year at age 91. When the DNC moved to enforce the decree last week, the case was randomly reassigned to Vazquez, who was appointed by President Barack Obama.

• Love 5

I hope that the drumbeat is kept up about this.  It amazes me that they are always the first ones squawking about voter fraud while ignoring the numerous schemes they've conjured up to keep certain people from voting.  And Indiana Governor Voldemort really needs to take a stadium full of seats.  Ensuring "ballot integrity?"  Oh, do you mean, like this, Governor?

Deplorable Arrested at Texas Polling Place

Edited by MulletorHater
My fury caused me to misspell a word
  • Love 6

A (apparently new) county clerk in Marion County, which is where Indianapolis is, apparently wasn't very up on their voting rules & told someone they could change their ballot before Election Day. That got people scrambling to verify, & it went all the way to a call to the county clerk for my home county before it was confirmed that no, you cannot change your ballot in Indiana once it's completed & submitted, just because you've changed your mind about who you voted for. Unless your ballot is considered "spoiled" (which is explained in the linked news item from my local ABC affiliate), once you've voted in Indiana you're stuck with the choices you originally made.

http://www.21alive.com/news/local/You-cannot-change-your-vote-in-Allen-County-satellite-voting-centers-now-open-399548221.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_21AliveWPTA

Edited by BW Manilowe
To change a word & capitalize others.
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Nidratime said:

White nationalists plot Election Day show of force

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/suppress-black-vote-trump-campaign-230616

I wonder if it's illegal to film people in PA without their consent? 

Also, if this is true (especially in this day and age of mass shooters), then the parents of children in these schools should be livid:

The representative, who did not provide his name, went on to explain, "Many polling locations are in schools, and black schools are so disorderly that pretty much any official-looking white person with a clipboard can gain access to them ahead of time and set up a hidden camera. You don't really ever even have to speak with an adult. Simply walk in like you belong there and no one even asks you why you are there. So we usually go in teams of two, one person driving and one person dressed as a blue collar worker with a clipboard, and we set up a hidden camera in the school cafeteria. Go during lunchtime and the teachers are all so busy trying to contain the kids that no one says anything. We already have a few set up."

I hope it is Kitty! Up here,parents have to give written permission for their kids to be filmed or photoshopped. Same with adults in retirement homes. The police or FBI need to become involved immediately. 

As an American parent, I would be outraged! These people are dangerous abominations! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I wonder if it's illegal to film people in PA without their consent? 

Also, if this is true (especially in this day and age of mass shooters), then the parents of children in these schools should be livid:

Seems to be legal to take their image but not record their conversations.

https://www.aclupa.org/issues/policepractices/your-right-record-and-observe-police/taking-photos-video-and-audio/

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 3:53 PM, backformore said:

Of course they have nothing REAL to fear.    But if you put out a fake story that Latino people are being arrested at polling places, that can be enough to dissuade people from exercising their right to vote.

If you are aware of the rates at which Latinos vote, it's almost not worth the effort to put out fake stories about ICE and deportation.  In federal elections Latinos, much like other ethnic groups, tend to vote more consistentl, but I don't think they've crossed the 50% mark. I've seen stats as low as only 30% of eligible Latino voters actually vote.

On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Nidratime said:

White nationalists plot Election Day show of force

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/suppress-black-vote-trump-campaign-230616

My brother saw a guy in full Nazi SS regalia at his polling place in Minneapolis.