Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: The Fetal Kick Catalyst

On 10/28/2016 at 2:08 PM, bad things are bad said:

Also for the record, minivans absolutely rule, even for one kid. We are empty nesters and they are the best road trip vehicle around. The Swiss Army Knife of vehicles and infinitely superior to SUVs for ride, gas mileage, versatility.

Also great if you're a gardener and don't want to drive a truck. You can get many many bags of soil, mulch and compost in it! 

I loved the conversation about "surprised by my surprise" - I wonder if they needed lots of takes to get it right.

I'm really surprised they give the living-together experiment so much time. I thought it would be one or two episodes and then we're back to normal. I enjoyed Leonard's goofiness with the change-maker and that for once he was the 'cool one' in that marriage when so often it's shown as the other way around. I also laughed at Sheldon's concept of talk that makes you randy - very much in character.

The brunch test-run did at least address how Stuart gets treated by the gang and the writers also remembered he's an artist (at least I thought that's why he's handwriting got some applause by Sheldon.

I did laugh at the show mocking the sitcom trope of the frantic ride to the hospital with a pregnant woman. But Raj is still way too involved in Bernadette and Howard's marriage. At this point it would not surprise me if he became their nanny. In other words: It's high time to give him a story of his own.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Crs97 said:

It looked to me like he had kept the place clean while he cooked and did all the other stuff and was still entertaining one of their guests when Amy decided to put the food away.  At that point she was the rude one for cleaning around Stuart and complaining about it instead of waiting till he left.  As I said, I don't like her character.

I like Amy, but that scene was weird. I don't think cleaning up was rude, but it wasn't necessary either. Getting angry at Sheldon was rude. The party clearly wasn't over for him or Stuart. It was kind of strange to see Sheldon being yelled at for doing more of what people want out of him.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Meushell said:

I like Amy, but that scene was weird. I don't think cleaning up was rude, but it wasn't necessary either. Getting angry at Sheldon was rude. The party clearly wasn't over for him or Stuart. It was kind of strange to see Sheldon being yelled at for doing more of what people want out of him.

ITA, especially considering what happened with Stuart. It seemed really weird to bitch about what looked like very minor cleaning that could've waited another hour while the guys were bonding and Sheldon was genuinely making an effort to heal some of the damage he's done.  Amy knows what it's like to be feel awkward and excluded. You would think that she could cut Stuart some slack even if she thought he was over staying his welcome. Also, going by what we've seen of Sheldon over the years,  I really doubt that he doesn't do his share of cleaning normally. If it's not a recurring pronlem, let him have his fun, dang. Even if it was, waiting until after the guests go home would be the polite thing to do. 

• Love 7

Just rewatched this show and I am not seeing one comment as being bitchy or demanding.  It was obvious that Sheldon and Stuart were sitting there getting drunk I don't see it as out of line at all that Amy wasn't going to accept that as a normal part of their evening even if she had felt bad for Stuart earlier!  Especially since Sheldon only spoke to her the way he did because  he was showing off for Stuart and proving his point that he can be rude without swearing.  He's lucky she didn't throw something at him.

• Love 2
On 10/28/2016 at 5:21 PM, theatremouse said:

He spent 15 minutes opening the Champagne bottle and then poured it into the orange juice. He had to know the mimosas he made were mimosas.

Doh.  I watched this again today on Comedy Channel (I am finding it weird that they are showing current episodes but lucky for me as I keep missing them at night!!!) Anyway I missed the scene were he was pouring the drinks the first time I watched, he even says he's making mimosas!  Ok, I guess since he is now having sex once a year he's decided he can drink too.  Seems fair I guess!

14 hours ago, BlossomCulp said:

Just rewatched this show and I am not seeing one comment as being bitchy or demanding.  It was obvious that Sheldon and Stuart were sitting there getting drunk I don't see it as out of line at all that Amy wasn't going to accept that as a normal part of their evening even if she had felt bad for Stuart earlier!  Especially since Sheldon only spoke to her the way he did because  he was showing off for Stuart and proving his point that he can be rude without swearing.  He's lucky she didn't throw something at him.

See, that's how I felt.  Amy was no longer part of the party; she was the outsider.  Sheldon was being open in a matter of hours when it took Amy significantly longer to get him to open up.  I give her a pass.

• Love 1

I don't know if the writers are being deep here but it's also interesting that as soon as Sheldon gets drunk and starts bonding with a guy it's done at the expense of his girlfriend.  Sounds a lot like the way his own father treated women.

• Love 1

The baby plot isn't bothering me, after all she is pregnant so it's bound to be a major focus of the show.  The shameless product placement (minivan anyone?) bugs me a little though

They covered the badge, and I couldn't even make out the actual shape, so not sure who sponsored it and if they did, ask for your money back!

Also for the record, minivans absolutely rule, even for one kid. We are empty nesters and they are the best road trip vehicle around. The Swiss Army Knife of vehicles and infinitely superior to SUVs for ride, gas mileage, versatility. 

Agreed. Their only failing is dealing with lots of snow. Several used to have AWD versions (I think only Toyota does now), but even then they high center. Maybe they need to make a jacked up minivan?

Why does anyone expect Sheldon to behave normally re: kitchen cleanup? The entire basis of his character is that he doesn't behave normally.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed the comicon plot because I attend a bunch of them and there are tons of b-list celebs there hawking autographs. Penny was actually selling them cheap at $5 or $10. In reality, an actress like her would would be charging at least $20. Even the table looked correct except there's usually a tablecloth. It was funny to hear Leonard say he felt powerful behind the table while she said she felt like she was selling cookies. I've done it a few times and when you're sitting there you really do feel both things simultaneously.

• Love 4
On 10/29/2016 at 8:51 PM, CherryAmes said:

Doh.  I watched this again today on Comedy Channel (I am finding it weird that they are showing current episodes but lucky for me as I keep missing them at night!!!) Anyway I missed the scene were he was pouring the drinks the first time I watched, he even says he's making mimosas!  Ok, I guess since he is now having sex once a year he's decided he can drink too.  Seems fair I guess!

He seems to be fine with drinking as long as it's situationally appropriate.  Of course once he starts drinking, he doesn't know when to stop--his award speech, Howard's bachelor party, Thanksgiving, etc.

On 10/26/2016 at 5:00 PM, ari333 said:

I'm already sick of the baby plot

This pregnancy has seemed longer than a real time pregnancy IRL!

On 10/28/2016 at 7:32 AM, CherryAmes said:

People always act like driving a minivan or an SUV is this big crossover into boring adult territory and they insist they'll never get one.  Until they realize exactly why minivans and SUVs are cars boring adults can actually need.  For many it comes the day they're trying to put everything and then some into the snappy little sports car that was never built to hold everything and then some!

I didn't get my first minivan until my daughter was grown and on her own!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

On 10/28/2016 at 10:32 AM, CherryAmes said:

People always act like driving a minivan or an SUV is this big crossover into boring adult territory and they insist they'll never get one.  Until they realize exactly why minivans and SUVs are cars boring adults can actually need.  For many it comes the day they're trying to put everything and then some into the snappy little sports car that was never built to hold everything and then some!

I didn't get my first minivan until my daughter was grown and on her own!

Third child. Two car seats and a booster didn't fit well in the back seat and also no room for a play date passenger.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2016 at 2:21 PM, Zoe said:

He seems to be fine with drinking as long as it's situationally appropriate.  Of course once he starts drinking, he doesn't know when to stop--his award speech, Howard's bachelor party, Thanksgiving, etc.

This was my reaction.  When Amy wanted to have people over, he immediately listed all the party possibilities.  As soon as he settled on brunch, he had to create the quintessential brunch, regardless of his usual habits, which included creating and consuming mimosas.  In fact, making the brunch "by the book" is probably more in line with his obsessive tendencies than not drinking is, since as noted he has drunk alcohol upon several occasions.

• Love 2