Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Coach with the Dragon Tattoo

ApathyMonger

A bit surprised at the nudity, gore, and profanity. Not the family show like Dr. Who. The coach's nudity could be relevant in showing the tattoo. The class inspector as red herring. A bit dark of an ending. Unsure who the show is geared toward.

Will have to see more to decide, loved the first episode, wasn't blown away with the second, granted I'm not a young adult, maybe it'll play better to that age group. Love Miss Quill but the rest of the cast feel like predictable 'misfits', and the set-up seems like an unimaginative take on Buffy. But...here's hoping and all that. 

• Love 1

Better sinister coach from a second episode: The Coach With The Dragon Tattoo, or Kevin Arnold's Dad As Pyrokinetic In Smallville?

Damn, Ms. Quill cannot win at anything. She's a bitch, but I feel bad for her situation.

• Love 1

Ok, I am kind of slow.  Coach killed to feed the dragon on his body?  The other dragon killed the lunch lady and head teacher?  How did coach clean up so fast?  

Glad that Ram told his father what was going on and how he felt at the end.  Hope pop is on more. I have a thing for Sikh men. LOL

• Love 1

I'm with the prince on this: can we not call it "the bunghole in space/time"? 

I mean, I know they're mostly using it correctly and in the original sense of the word as dating back to coopers and brewers.  The bunghole is a hole drilled into a sealed barrel to put liquids in and/or get them out, and the bung is the stopper put in the hole to prevent leakage.  A cork is a bung on a bottle.  And in this case, they're casting themselves as the bung, as they were tasked by The Doctor with stopping the leaks,

But the scatological associations with that word also date back to the 17th century, at least.  So it's just not a pleasant description for their purpose...no matter how apt it might be.

On April 23, 2017 at 11:46 AM, howiveaddict said:

Ok, I am kind of slow.  Coach killed to feed the dragon on his body?  The other dragon killed the lunch lady and head teacher?  How did coach clean up so fast?  

Glad that Ram told his father what was going on and how he felt at the end.  Hope pop is on more. I have a thing for Sikh men. LOL

The other dragon killed to provide his mate on the coach's body with blood.

• Love 1

Is it just me, or is anyone else actively looking forward to more football locker room / shower scenes?  anyone?  just me?  okay... carry on.

-

That said, I appreciate the imagery on the show, it forces you to pay attention and not fiddle with your phone, or what not like so many of us are prone to do even when watching something we actively like... From the subtle-ish blood droplets left on a chess piece to the wiggling of a tattoo on the coach's arm ... 

Who else thought that the tattoo was either coming off his arm and becoming corporeal, or he was turning into the dragon?

• Love 2

I am having a hard time making up my mind about this show.  The business with the teens was quite dark and I was sorry to lose the Head Teacher (the actor recently had a neat if brief role in Death in Paradise).  On the other hand, they seem to play Quill for laughs even though she is a super trained killer and I was sure she was fondling the chess pieces so she could make a bishop into a weapon.  And I really didn't understand why the other dragon would buy Ram's argument.  The whole thing seemed a bit thrown together and lacking in any consistent spirit.

Given the body count as a result of the bunghole/hellmouth so far it does seem rather irresponsible of the Doctor to hand the management of any threat that issues forth from it over to a group of inexperienced teenagers no matter how "amazing" he thinks they are, even if there's a more experienced teacher/freedom fighter with them (who's hampered by a some sort of anti-fighting geas). That's the biggest problem I have with the whole set-up. A more realistic response would to be to condemn the property, move the school somewhere a lot safer for the innocent and unsuspecting students and have UNIT create a custom-built facility to encompass the place and deal with any incursion.