Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Plight at the Museum

Doesn't Cabe always have at least one gun on him?

Why was Cabe (and others?) refering to INS instead of the current acronym, ICE?

So millions of doallars of damage will be covered by the government? I can't imagine Congress agreeing to that.

Toby annoyed the crap out of me.  He was all "Happy is carrying MY baby.  I know she's a genius, but so am I, and my genius is in understanding the psychology of people.  I love her, but she's not really the motherly type."  Then he proceeds to micromanage the pregnancy to the point that he's mirroring pregnancy symptoms.  He's getting morning sickness and tender nipples.  He's driving Happy crazy and taking all the joy out of this plotline. 

Toby eventually confesses that he thinks Happy is so unsuited to being a nurturing mother, he's already seeing himself stepping into the role of Mama Bear.  Hence the sympathetic pregnancy. 

But wait, there's more!  Toby is also worried that his spawn will be stupid, or, as he further explains:  of merely normal intellegence.  How will he cope?  Mr. Best  Behavioral Psychiatrist in the World is terrified that his son or daughter won't be another fricken genius.  What an elitist tool.

I've finally realized that the best way to enjoy this show is to consider it to be a cartoon, like the Scooby Doo movies.  And yet I bet I keep trying to wring some real world sense out of the characters and plots.

• Love 6

A natural history museum would not have Greek statues because that is art not natural history. It also would not have live birds because it is a museum not a zoo. The L.A. Natural History Museum has a few live animals like rats, but not falcons because they FLY and need an appropriate habitat and care.  Yes, I know theses are relatively minor problems considering how much about this show is unrealistic, but it is really bugging me.

i am sure there is a ridiculous way Sylvester could have used dinosaur bones to help defeat the villains that could have taken the place of thst stupid falcon storyline.

• Love 2

We were watching the show and I was describing how domineering Toby was with his relationship and how much he ignored his girlfriend's feelings and imposed his own on her, when Mrs. Buckboard asked me, are you talking about Scorpion or This is Us?  Guys named Toby seem to have similar problems with the women in their lives.

• Love 1

I think what currently annoys me most about the bullshit fake marriage review thing is these characters spend every fucking episode repeating ad nauseum how different they are because they're geniuses and how they don't relate to regular humans like everyone else. They won't fucking shut up about it. So why they would try to be steoretypical married couple is beyond me, and if they do get called out on how bullshit awkward they were, they could just jump into one of their diatribes about how they're not robots but they get called that all the time and their relationship can't be judged like others and blah blah blah blah all true things that don't even necessarily require lying. They could even do some variation on the speech Walter gave about Happy when they were hiding. They ARE super close and care about each other deeply. They could easily be convincing, in the context of their real personalities. ICE lady could ask anyone they've worked with outside the core group and those people would corroborate the whole robot-esque issue. So just run with it. Act like it ain't no thang. None of this awkward "babe" fakery. Just make sure all but 2-3 outfits worth of Happy's clothes are at her place instead of his, make sure her apt looks sufficiently workshop-ey, sleep at his place and call it a day until they're deemed legit.

They're supposed to be so smart, but conniving they ain't.

• Love 3

I'm late to this party, but I just got to watch this episode on Sunday.  I am already sick to death of the stupid 'married' storyline.  But they just had to go the whole cliché thing with the case worker a 'dragon lady' with no sense of humor who appears to hate her job and hate people.  Ugh.  Just ugh.  Can we make this go away, please?  I used to thoroughly enjoy this show, but the whole baby/fake marriage thing is seriously cutting into my enjoyment.  :(

• Love 1
On 10/25/2016 at 2:43 PM, Zahdii said:

I've finally realized that the best way to enjoy this show is to consider it to be a cartoon, like the Scooby Doo movies.  And yet I bet I keep trying to wring some real world sense out of the characters and plots.

I agree with both points!  We call it a "live action comic book"

• Love 3

Totally agree on all the personal stuff being... educationally sub normal. Walter & Happy know each other intimately (if not quite as intimately as Toby does) - it's not as if the INS Lady is going to demand to see them screwing to sell they're married. Aside from the fact that they just averted World War 3! I would think that earns you  few political favours - didn't they get a call from the President at one point?

Walter also managed to come up with the most stupid way possible to save the day. Maybe don't do the terrorists' work for them but concentrate on sabotaging THEIR tools and then pull the fuses from the museum's circuit breakers. You could then have Cabe ambush them when they try to fix their stuff - job done. Of course, the episode would then be over in twenty minutes!