Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: The Hot Tub Contamination

1kitty, I thought the same thing! I thought I would see kissing and I was so relieved that they didn't go there. I wouldn't expect these writers to handle that in any responsible way.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, 1kittykitty said:

Penny's facial expressions have been annoying me for some time.  I realize she and Leonard are a big part of the show, but I wouldn't mind if they broke up.

Or moved out of town or something. I'm so over those two. Their chemistry is awful, like they can't bear touching each other. Newlyweds? Yeah. Right. I've seen more emotion from the Shamy than from these two.

Please tell me there's only one season left after this one? I'm getting thoroughly sick of this show.

4 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I like Raj. In a way, he reminds me of Amy when she was most desperate for affection.

I can see that, but there are also 2 key differences.  Pretty much from her introduction on the show, Amy has been involved with Sheldon and/or with Penny and Bernadette and, therefore, tied into group.  Plus, the show directed and directs a fair amount of energy in the direction of Shamy, which they aren't doing with Raj.  It just seems like they have to stick him in somewhere in the show.  

With Raj, even though he is part of the original "group," the group has changed from 4 socially awkward geniuses and the hot, but not genius, neighbor, to 3 couples with Raj just sort of...there.  

• Love 1

I don't mind that Raj is the unattached friend.  In a way I like that better than if they had neatly paired him off with someone.  I've got single friends, not all my friends need to be part of a couple.  That's not the problem I have with Raj.  Why can't they have him be the quirky single friend who has money and can do stuff that the married guys can't do - travel, buy cool stuff, date etc?  Instead they have turned him into Alan Harper.  And that's not good.  I'm hoping they'll find their way with Raj and give us back the funny sweet guy with an edge we used to see.

Edited by BlossomCulp
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, BlossomCulp said:

I don't mind that Raj is the unattached friend.  In a way I like that better than if they had neatly paired him off with someone.  I've got single friends, not all my friends need to be part of a couple.  That's not the problem I have with Raj.  Why can't they have him be the quirky single friend who has money and can do stuff that the married guys can't do - travel, buy cool stuff, date etc?  Instead they have turned him into Alan Harper.  And that's not good.  I'm hoping they'll find their way with Raj and give us back the funny sweet guy with an edge we used to see.

A couple of series that I can think of have ended with everyone paired up except one main character.  On "Frasier" it was Frasier himself, although he leaves Seattle to follow a new female interest.  On "Friends" it was Joey and on "Sex and the City" it was (of course) Samantha, although she doesn't break up with Smith until the movie.  So it wouldn't be the first time one character out of a group of friends ends up single at the end.  I wonder f they won't think of something for Raj at the end to wrap things up for him in that way.  It would only take an episode or two to make it happen.

19 hours ago, amaranta said:

You guys are really freaking me out about my exposed to the open air toothbrush. 

If toilet germs really bother you, just close the lid when you flush.

I'm the single friend in my group and haven't really had much interest in dating anyways.  Raj needs to find another way to define himself, other than "I'm the only one who doesn't have an SO, and I'm so lonely."  Sheesh.  Life isn't always about hooking up.  

My best friend, who never wanted kids, just had a kid and she's now gushing over the little guy.  I bet if I asked, she still doesn't like other peoples kids.  I can see Bernadette being the same way, but not to the point where the baby pushes aside her job.  I think it will be more interesting to see how Howard plays dad.

• Love 5
On 10/21/2016 at 6:27 PM, hnygrl said:

Or moved out of town or something. I'm so over those two. Their chemistry is awful, like they can't bear touching each other. Newlyweds? Yeah. Right. I've seen more emotion from the Shamy than from these two.

Please tell me there's only one season left after this one? I'm getting thoroughly sick of this show.

Although I kinda agree about the Penny/Leanord relationship I think Penny has always had super chemistry with everyone else on the show.  Then again I have always felt Leonard played the "straight man" on the show which isn't the easiest part to play and doesn't always get the respect it deserves.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

You guys are really freaking me out about my exposed to the open air toothbrush. 

So far in your entire life, have you ever become sick from using an "exposed" toothbrush? Don't worry about it...you've made it this far! :-)

I didn't buy Sheldon's explanation for triple knocking for a minute. I consider him to be autistic and also someone who must partake in ritualistic behavior to get through the day. My young adult son is on the autism spectrum and does a number of things similar to Sheldon's triple knock (e.g., when he opens a door, he jiggles the doorknob a specific number of times in one direction, counterclockwise, to ensure that it's unlocked). It's quasi-OCD-ish in nature. I don't discount that Sheldon would have been traumatized to an extent by seeing his father having sex with another woman - absolutely. But for me, that isn't the driver behind his triple knock. Just my take on it...And I do wonder if that incident will ever be brought up again, for any reason. That's a very significant event, and while this show isn't a drama and is out for the laughs, it was sort of a big bombshell to drop on the viewers.

• Love 2

It probably won't given that the offender is dead, and Sheldon's mother either already knows (since we know they fought all the time) or doesn't and there's zero to be gained by bringing it up. I'm assuming this was just meant to be more Sheldon-Penny-bonding-closeness fodder.

9 hours ago, Biggie B said:

But for me, that isn't the driver behind his triple knock. Just my take on it...And I do wonder if that incident will ever be brought up again, for any reason. That's a very significant event, and while this show isn't a drama and is out for the laughs, it was sort of a big bombshell to drop on the viewers.

While they never stated that Sheldon walked in on his father with another woman they have referenced his father cheating on his mother or having left his mother for another woman - there were a few times but the one that comes to mind first is the episode where Sheldon talks about his father's girlfriend trying to buy his love with action figures.

• Love 1
On 10/23/2016 at 11:59 AM, amaranta said:

Close the toilet lid when you flush. 

On 10/23/2016 at 6:21 PM, BlossomCulp said:

A single friend among marrieds would be fine. Raj is creepy and disgusting beyond belief.

On 10/24/2016 at 8:38 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Although I kinda agree about the Penny/Leanord relationship I think Penny has always had super chemistry with everyone else on the show.  Then again I have always felt Leonard played the "straight man" on the show which isn't the easiest part to play and doesn't always get the respect it deserves.

I love Penny and Leonard together. I think they have chemistry, when they're allowed to. Leonard is the straight man of the group; he's always been the one others bounce off.

18 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

While they never stated that Sheldon walked in on his father with another woman they have referenced his father cheating on his mother or having left his mother for another woman - there were a few times but the one that comes to mind first is the episode where Sheldon talks about his father's girlfriend trying to buy his love with action figures.

But Mary and the father were still married at the time of his death, apparently.