Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: It Isn't the Fall that Kills You

If this show just stuck to the absurdly over-the-top action stuff, it might be a fun show, sort of like the aforementioned moronic (but fun) MacGyver and the less moronic but also fun Hawaii Five-O. Instead, it has to pile stupid character work after stupid character work after stupid character work after stupid character work after stupid character work after stupid character work after stupid character work until, well, it is just painful to watch. 

8 hours ago, Maverick said:

Please. This show was born 50 feet about a rank of Great Whites.  Thus show has always been outlandishly unrealistic. That I can live with, but the stupid relationship drama needs to stop. 

Yeah, exactly. The pilot perfectly encapsulated what this show SHOULD be - some over-the-top unbelievable but still kind of fun action. Then they had to add layers upon layers of terribly written relationship drama. Blech. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MostlyC said:

Space Camp!! (imdb it- it's from the 80s).  This episode was Space Camp light.

Oh man, Space Camp was such a fun movie. I had it on VHS.

Why was the inside of the space ship on this episode so huge?

There was so much unused space.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, bros402 said:
20 hours ago, MostlyC said:

Space Camp!! (imdb it- it's from the 80s).  This episode was Space Camp light.

Oh man, Space Camp was such a fun movie. I had it on VHS.

Was I the only one who thought they'd start using Morse code with the lights?

The first season, I genuinely liked the show.  Season 2, I admitted that it was really campy, but still fun.  The first two episodes of this season were absolutely ridiculous and I agree, it's the relationship drama.  Get Happy and Toby back together and either do the same with Paige and Walter or be done with it.  Because I can't deal with the drama and the even worse camp at the same time. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Was I the only one who thought they'd start using Morse code with the lights?

The first season, I genuinely liked the show.  Season 2, I admitted that it was really campy, but still fun.  The first two episodes of this season were absolutely ridiculous and I agree, it's the relationship drama.  Get Happy and Toby back together and either do the same with Paige and Walter or be done with it.  Because I can't deal with the drama and the even worse camp at the same time. 

I was thinking that when he was hallucinating - they'd break him out of it with Morse Code - they'd be like "he'll recognize the pattern with his subconscious which will break him out of the hallucination!"

• Love 1

This is so not enough for this show to get on my good side, but I did appreciate that they bothered to have Walter bandaged and bruised and apparently concussed, and that they bothered with a 5-day time shift at the end. They can drive clear across LA in traffic 4 times in 20 minutes these guys; they can fly halfway around the world in 2 hours and back and no one ever has jetlag, but by golly a guy jumped out of orbit with no parachute, hit some bubbly water and didn't die, but sustained multiple moderate-to-severe-but-livable injuries. I'll fuckin' take it. Baby steps towards logic.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2016 at 10:40 PM, rhys said:

I think I'm done with this show. It's just too ridiculous. 

I watch for the realism too, of course. Wow, do not know how I got that sentence out. 

The other thing that bugs me about this show is how they always focus on Paige and Walter, the only two characters I cannot stand!

Wow, clearly all those people who need Oxygen to climb Everest area bunch of wusses - Walter doesn't need it when in orbit AND can survive re-entry afterwards! And nice of the US military to blow a few thousand bucks on detonating a torpedo to save his life (OK, I can almost believe that - especially if the know he just averted World War III).

Really gotta respect the Ultra-realism the show depicts there.

• Love 1