Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

The Bible verses actually surprise me, only because I would think stuff like religion and politics would be automatic no-no for discussion. I would think they would want to be as non-controversial as possible. And in Texas they probably aren't:).  

Some me of them have tweeted about their particular churches, and they are actually very conservative. Again no real surprise. But I can't see a team on the East or West Cost being cool with their cheerleaders tweeting about their super conservative mega church from their official account. It just wouldn't play in more diverse markets.

I would think the organization is fine with it since it plays into the wholesome, good girl DCC.  It is certainly not something every one cares for but I would say it is still endearing to a lot of people when the girls tweet things about praying for people affected by shootings, tragedies, etc.

• Love 1

KaShara is very conservative politically. I'm from Kentucky and she tweeted how proud she was that Matt Bevin (a tea party nut job) was elected governor. Ugh. Ever since then, I just can't like her. She's a great dancer and beautiful but her support of that terrible man just puts me off. 

• Love 7

Oh Runnergrl37 just spotted your edit reason lol!

I'm not religious and think it is less of a thing in the UK to quote bits of the bible on Social Media (could be wrong but I very rarely see it). Maybe that is why I also follow them more on Instagram, twitter is often quite bible heavy! 

I wonder if in the UK we don't do stuff like that for fear of offending people? Not wanting to exclude people with different beliefs etc. 

***It doesn't put me off the girls who have strong beliefs. I find it interesting.. but then I am fascinated by people in general. 

• Love 3

I haven't seen any of them trying to convert anyone or condemning anyone, so I truly don't understand being offended by positive quotes from scripture of any religion. It's no different from quoting celebs or historical people to me.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I haven't seen any of them trying to convert anyone or condemning anyone, so I truly don't understand being offended by positive quotes from scripture of any religion. It's no different from quoting celebs or historical people to me.

I'm not offended, as I said, I'm always interested in hearing other peoples views and beliefs.

I'm always happy to read positive and tolerant messages ?

As Runnergrl37 said, it may not be something I connect with, on a religious level, but I am not offended or put off by them. .. I'd be more offended if they quoted Kim Kardashian!

• Love 4

i am eh on the Bible verses because you can interpret the Bible however you want. I just remember some girl tweeting about some bible study at some church (like a few years ago), and looking up the church.  It was extremely conservative, including anti-homosexual beliefs.

that might fly in Texas, but in NY or LA (or most places really) and employer isn't going to want that association broadcasted from your work account. 

• Love 1

So, as they will soon be doing make overs and turning pretty coloured hair into hideous reds (though hopefully with this new salon it won't happen) can I suggest a make over for Holly?

I think this cut and colour was lovely on her.. I'd love it for myself actually!

I think she'd also make a great blond, she has such pretty eyes.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think anyone is offended. 

• Love 1

I am a Christian, but I tend to be more quiet about my faith. My relationship with God is extremely personal. The constant bible verses definitely don't offend me, but sometimes it's over the top. I can't really even explain why, it's just a feeling I get. Agree with the poster who wondered if sometimes they're trying to make up for Saturday night. 

I'm of the old school of thought that politics, religion and how much money you make are private topics, not really meant to be discussed with every random Joe on social media. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

The Bible verses actually surprise me, only because I would think stuff like religion and politics would be automatic no-no for discussion. I would think they would want to be as non-controversial as possible. And in Texas they probably aren't:).  

Some me of them have tweeted about their particular churches, and they are actually very conservative. Again no real surprise. But I can't see a team on the East or West Cost being cool with their cheerleaders tweeting about their super conservative mega church from their official account. It just wouldn't play in more diverse markets.

The Bible verses really don't surprise me much considering Texas is a fairly conservative Bible-belt state. I can't really see any other team being as Bible-toting as the DCC seem to be. This always makes me think about women of other religions. Or Atheists. Granted it wouldn't be ground for "termination" but it would definitely be a shocker if they ever let any on the team.

..Heaven forbid a Muslim auditions.

Oops..Heaven..I'm a DCC! (lol)

• Love 3
(edited)

The loudest people in Texas are conservative, especially in Dallas, but Houston and Austin are pretty progressive. Houston has had two African American mayors recently, and the prior mayor was a lesbian. I think the dfw/ north Texas areas in particular are uber conservative. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I would think the organization is fine with it since it plays into the wholesome, good girl DCC.  It is certainly not something every one cares for but I would say it is still endearing to a lot of people when the girls tweet things about praying for people affected by shootings, tragedies, etc.

Totally agree Lauren.  I think if they were quoting scientology or something controversial, K+J would have an issue with that

3 hours ago, Tys Mom said:

KaShara is very conservative politically. I'm from Kentucky and she tweeted how proud she was that Matt Bevin (a tea party nut job) was elected governor. Ugh. Ever since then, I just can't like her. She's a great dancer and beautiful but her support of that terrible man just puts me off. 

Hmmm I don't know Matt Bevin (sorry!  I don't have TV and am not into the political scene) ... will need to google.

15 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I am a Christian, but I tend to be more quiet about my faith. My relationship with God is extremely personal. The constant bible verses definitely don't offend me, but sometimes it's over the top. I can't really even explain why, it's just a feeling I get. Agree with the poster who wondered if sometimes they're trying to make up for Saturday night. 

I'm of the old school of thought that politics, religion and how much money you make are private topics, not really meant to be discussed with every random Joe on social media. 

Yeah ... I don't get it.  When Calia didn't make the team, does she really think it's because gd had a plan?  Or is it something that she tells herself so she doesn't feel bad about xyz that caused her to lose her spot?  Either way is fine but I just wonder.  We all need something to help us carry on in this world - for me it's family, friends and cookies

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

The Bible verses really don't surprise me much considering Texas is a fairly conservative Bible-belt state. I can't really see any other team being as Bible-toting as the DCC seem to be. This always makes me think about women of other religions. Or Atheists. Granted it wouldn't be ground for "termination" but it would definitely be a shocker if they ever let any on the team.

..Heaven forbid a Muslim auditions.

Oops..Heaven..I'm a DCC! (lol)

Sarah Shahi is Muslim. 

• Love 2

Back on topic, looks like some of the girls have an appearance today. Holly snapchatted a picture of her and Simone in the uniform. It's interesting that they still have uniform appearances while in training camp.

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

Back on topic, looks like some of the girls have an appearance today. Holly snapchatted a picture of her and Simone in the uniform. It's interesting that they still have uniform appearances while in training camp.

I guess that is typical since they've pulled girls off summer appearances when they were too 'fat'. 

• Love 1
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

I guess that is typical since they've pulled girls off summer appearances when they were too 'fat'. 

Oh right! I remember those times. It's funny though that they make a big deal of turning in their uniform before auditions but yet still have appearances in uniform...

2 hours ago, Tys Mom said:

I think they've said in the past that the vets get their uniforms back for the season once they make it through finals 

Interesting.  Almost makes you wonder if they got Hannah and Chelsea's uniforms ahead of them so they had them in their possession when cutting them instead of at the girls houses. 

(edited)

If I remember correctly, they had already taken Hannah out of uniform before they cut her. 

I've always wondered if the girls turn in their practice clothes when they get cut because after they get cut, they always show them getting dressed and putting clothes on, on top of their practice wear. 

Edited by Tys Mom
I thought of something else
4 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

If I remember correctly, they had already taken Hannah out of uniform before they cut her. 

I've always wondered if the girls turn in their practice clothes when they get cut because after they get cut, they always show them getting dressed and putting clothes on, on top of their practice wear. 

I would think they would have them wash it before returning it.

3 hours ago, Tys Mom said:

Yeah, like I'm wondering if the taking her out of uniform before cutting her was actually a planned thing.  Lkke they knew they were eventually gonna cut her (and Chelsea) so they got the uniforms before telling them.  I wonder if a cut vet or someone kicked off the squad mid season has ever just not brought back their uniform.   Like what would they do, sue them to get it back?

5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah, like I'm wondering if the taking her out of uniform before cutting her was actually a planned thing.  Lkke they knew they were eventually gonna cut her (and Chelsea) so they got the uniforms before telling them.  I wonder if a cut vet or someone kicked off the squad mid season has ever just not brought back their uniform.   Like what would they do, sue them to get it back?

Do you know, I wouldn't even be surprised if they did threaten them with a law suit. Imagine the headlines if they gave to someone unsavoury who committed crimes whilst wearing it.. K and J would probably spontaneously combust LOL 

• Love 2

I don't understand the whole turning in practice uniforms thing. Maybe so they don't sell them on ebay? Who knows but it's dumb.

11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don't think it was planned. I don't even think they made her return her uniform until they cut her. Furthermore, I'm sure it's in their contract that they must return all items once dismissed. So I don't think that was ever an issue.

• Love 1

I think the way it works is:

• Uniforms are turned in on a certain date before auditions.
  • They are given back to veterans (to take home) at the beginning of training camp, so they can do appearances.
  • They are given back to all stars whenever Kelli makes the decision as to who will be an all star for that season.
  • At some point during TC, both veterans and potential rookies have a fitting. Veterans have to bring their uniform in for that, and for the team photo, but they probably get to take it home again.
  • Rookies get to take their uniforms home after the team announcement is made.
  • If anytime during the year, someone is benched for weight or other probation, they have to turn the uniform in. That way, if they have to cut someone, they already have her uniform in house. (I think having to give it back would be extra motivation to get your act together.)

At least, that's how I would handle it.

I'm not sure about practice wear. I do know that people cut at finals get to keep their blue audition outfit. Maybe it's the same for people cut during training camp? I thought I saw one season that one girl had to turn in her practice outfit before leaving. It made an impression on me because I remember that they took everything from her, including that big binder. The only thing she got to keep was the group photo of the training camp candidates that was inserted into the front of the binder. It made me really sad to watch her being stripped of everything DCC before they sent her on her way.

But I also remember in other seasons that people who got cut just threw on a tank and shorts over their pink outfit and walked out wearing it. We know they have a few different training camp outfits, so even if they took the one a girl was wearing when she got cut, she would still have others at home. Depending on how far along she is in camp, she could also have boots, poms, and goodness knows what else in her possession. I would hope they'd just let them keep them, but I very much doubt that they do. If nothing else, I'm sure there is a steep financial penalty for not returning everything.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think the way it works is:

• Uniforms are turned in on a certain date before auditions.
  • They are given back to veterans (to take home) at the beginning of training camp, so they can do appearances.
  • They are given back to all stars whenever Kelli makes the decision as to who will be an all star for that season.
  • At some point during TC, both veterans and potential rookies have a fitting. Veterans have to bring their uniform in for that, and for the team photo, but they probably get to take it home again.
  • Rookies get to take their uniforms home after the team announcement is made.
  • If anytime during the year, someone is benched for weight or other probation, they have to turn the uniform in. That way, if they have to cut someone, they already have her uniform in house. (I think having to give it back would be extra motivation to get your act together.)

At least, that's how I would handle it.

I'm not sure about practice wear. I do know that people cut at finals get to keep their blue audition outfit. Maybe it's the same for people cut during training camp? I thought I saw one season that one girl had to turn in her practice outfit before leaving. It made an impression on me because I remember that they took everything from her, including that big binder. The only thing she got to keep was the group photo of the training camp candidates that was inserted into the front of the binder. It made me really sad to watch her being stripped of everything DCC before they sent her on her way.

But I also remember in other seasons that people who got cut just threw on a tank and shorts over their pink outfit and walked out wearing it. We know they have a few different training camp outfits, so even if they took the one a girl was wearing when she got cut, she would still have others at home. Depending on how far along she is in camp, she could also have boots, poms, and goodness knows what else in her possession. I would hope they'd just let them keep them, but I very much doubt that they do. If nothing else, I'm sure there is a steep financial penalty for not returning everything.

I would LOVE to see a fitting with the some/all of the vets to see if they can still fit in their uniforms. I only remember  Veronica being featured one season because she was having weight issues.

So do you have to return the boots after you retire or get cut?  I assume you would but do they re-use them?  I definitely would not want someone else's shoes.  And their shorts are pretty much underwear ... I can't imagine they re-use those??

I think when they retire, they get to keep one blue velcro star, but have to return everything else. I may completely be making that up, but I swear one year I saw a girl using that one star in her garter belt for her wedding. I also have a vague recollection of someone wearing white cowboy boots at her wedding, but I think she had to get them on her own, and they weren't official DCC boots.

Making them return everything isn't so much about using those items again (except for show group costumes) as it is about making sure nobody else has access to those exclusive items and the ability to misuse them. Like someone said upthread, it's about protecting the brand. I can only imagine how much storage space 30 years of DCC uniforms takes up.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think when they retire, they get to keep one blue velcro star, but have to return everything else. I may completely be making that up, but I swear one year I saw a girl using that one star in her garter belt for her wedding. I also have a vague recollection of someone wearing white cowboy boots at her wedding, but I think she had to get them on her own, and they weren't official DCC boots.

Making them return everything isn't so much about using those items again (except for show group costumes) as it is about making sure nobody else has access to those exclusive items and the ability to misuse them. Like someone said upthread, it's about protecting the brand. I can only imagine how much storage space 30 years of DCC uniforms takes up.

Kelli gave one of the DCC bridges a star for her wedding during that dcc brides special

3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

That makes sense if they're not re-using them again ... cause that's a bit much

did anyone see this post? do most of the DCC have 2 Instagram accounts?  I didn't know this! For a second i panicked about Danielle!

Maybe this is why some of the Instagram accounts seem boring ? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Interesting Kat had extensions put in. I think she's so much cuter with the shorter haircut.

That Instagram of Danielle's only has 13 posts, so either she doesn't use it (looks like it has her last name in it so I would imagine that's why), or it's new.

Edited by Oranaiche
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Those look like pretty standard poses. Not anything DCC exclusive.

True, lol. On the subject of that pic, Danielle looks amazing! I mean obviously they all do, but wow.

• Love 3

yeah, they're all knockouts, but Danielle looks amazing. I think I was 6 when my first tap teach taught us that 'pose' - it's old school, but pretty standard. Jacie's foot cross is a little more modern, but they are dancers LOL.

I love Kat and wish she hadn't been cut, so don't want to knock her too much, but girl looks like she has white feet. Is she a runner? that's a runner's tan.

• Love 1
On June 9, 2016 at 2:21 PM, sleepyjean said:

I also have a vague recollection of someone wearing white cowboy boots at her wedding, but I think she had to get them on her own, and they weren't official DCC boots.

Sunni was shown on the DCC brides episode getting white boots and Kelli was with her when she put them on to try on dresses. I *think Cassie had a blue star garter. A couple of other girls have too.

(edited)

Long shot but... Is there anyone here who could buy and post me the Star Magazine Swimsuit edition (I'm in th UK) and I will paypal them full costs etc?

**Also, these photos ^ are so much prettier imo than the cover choices.

I think a swimsuit issue should be summery and the cover choices were a bit sultry/moody in colouring.

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 5