Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I don't know if it's 100% bad. If she had to move right now, and there's no feasible way to stay on the team, then why not go ahead and change it all. The girls who keep the tags usually re audition or retire and become all stars. If she's not in the area and can't logistically be part of the team, then even she may want to change the tag now instead of after auditions. I appreciate it when the retirees inform us, but they don't owe us any announcement or explaination.

Five year vet Holly, Angela, Kelsey, and Ashley announced they will be retiring. Paige left the team. Four girls retiring and one girl left the team so far. Jenna, Jessica, Kat say they will be trying out again. Twenty nine girls left. Will be interesting if the remaining girls decide to try out again. Will they go with 34 girls again or go for a team of 36.

Agree, I like it better with 36. Unless they want an all-star acting as a full time member of the squad again lol they almost need that for injury cushion. 

I will be shocked if Rachel and Victoria come back, what with how their wedding days fall. 

Michelle Keys posted clips from her class last night and one featured Jenny Kat and Hunter (Mavs).  Dang, I forget what an amazing dancer Jennifer is!!! I really wonder who will be point this year, her or Jacie (assuming they both come back).  And Hunter could walk on to DCC...she more than held her own with Jennifer. 

Not sure why everyone is so impressed with Hunter... She's an amazing hip-hop dancer, yes, but in no way could she "walk onto DCC"... DCC's have been trained for years and years in all forms of dance. Hunter doesn't have a technical dance background at all and was only a cheerleader in HS. She probably wouldn't hold up as a DCC and should stay where she is at Mavs. 

And Hunter could walk on to DCC...she more than held her own with Jennifer. 

Hunter did audition for the DCC 2 or 3 years ago: I believe she only made it to semi-finals, not finals or TC.

Oops, yeah, I forgot how technical the DCC are ;) 

I stand by my opinion that she is a great dancer and incredibly fun to watch with the three P's Kelli loves.  BUT I agree that does not mean she'd be perfect for DCC. She seems happy with the Mavs anyway! 

Oops, yeah, I forgot how technical the DCC are ;) 

I stand by my opinion that she is a great dancer and incredibly fun to watch with the three P's Kelli loves.  BUT I agree that does not mean she'd be perfect for DCC. She seems happy with the Mavs anyway! 

I can see her staying there as long as Lauren Gibler. 

• Love 1

Long time reader, first time posting!

I love DCC and if I could re-do my post-high school years, I would totally skip college and try to join the team.  Looks like such an amazing experience and seems to lead to a lot of other opportunities for the girls.

DCC Melissa - wow she's so talented.  Beautiful looking and beautiful dancer.  She doesn't "command my attention" or have the "pop" that Holly does (with the faces and the attitude) but she really is technically fantastic. Not a fan of how non-responsive she is on social media.  I think if you're a public figure and representing an iconic brand, it would be nice to respond to questions.  So is she going to med school or just teaching dance?  I can't imagine working that hard to be a doctor and then stopping?  But then again, she is young and has plenty of time!

• Love 1

2016 Auditions Dates

Saturday May 14th, 2016 Prelims

Sunday May 15th, 2016 Semi-finals

Friday May 20, 2016 Interviews for finalists

Saturday May 21, 2016 Final Auditions

Tuesday May 31, 2016 First Meeting Training Camp

Kashara posted a dance video on Instagram. She looks great And very powerful. She also looks like she's toned up a bit (not that she was ever an eye catcher for weight! But her arms and stomach definitely look more toned. Excited to see how she does at tryouts!

• Love 1

So Kelli said in her podcast that there are 24 returnees. Let's try and do some guessing! Keeps me entertained

Here's the squad list from this year. Add comments for who is confirmed retrying out/possibly not and reason and I'll edit it

Kelsey - Retiring
Holly A. - Retiring
Jacie - Retiring (speculated from Twitter?)
lacey
Jessica - Confirmed to ReTryout
Angela - Retiring
Danielle - Confirmed to ReTryout
Jenna - Confrmed to ReTryout
Melissa - Retiring (just graduated/twitter speculations)
Loren
Jennifer
Ashley - Retiring
Kinzie - Retiring
Caila - Confirmed to ReTryout
Erica
Rachel - Retiring
Paige - Left Team
Raylee
Victoria - Getting married/may not try out
Mary - Retiring?
Jinelle
Robin
Kashara
Claire
Amy T.
Stephanie
Kat - Confirmed to ReTryOut
Chantel
Holly p.
Jax
Amy L
Bess
Simone

Edited by bigskygirl

Havent been on in ages and didnt read the thread so forgive me. I'm just here to say I'm super sad about Jacie's retirement and dont quite understand. She was primed for PBC 2017 as well as point girl and Vet of the Year. Kinzie was not a surprise due to her injury but Jacie wahhh.

Idk if people are keeping an official list but from above I didn't see Jacie, Kinzie, or Rachel's names although they are retiring. Source: various social media sites (sorry - not digging around to find the links).

Hopping off. "See" ya'll at auditions. :)

Edited by pink317

So Kelli said in her podcast that there are 24 returnees. Let's try and do some guessing! Keeps me entertained

Here's the squad list from this year. Add comments for who is confirmed retrying out/possibly not and reason and I'll edit it

Kelsey - Retiring

Holly A. - Retiring

Jacie

lacey

Jessica

Angela - Retiring

Danielle

Jenna - Confrmed to ReTryout

Melissa

Loren

Jennifer

Ashley

Kinzie

Caila - Confirmed to ReTryout

Erica

Rachel - Retiring

Paige - Left Team

Raylee

Victoria - Getting married/may not try out

Mary

Jinelle

Robin

Kashara

Claire

Amy T.

Stephanie

Kat - Confirmed to ReTryOut

Chantel

Holly p.

Jax

Amy L

Bess

Simone

Ashley N is retiring

I would guess: Mary, Melissa and Jacie

Edited by RhiRhi

Updated the list to include above speculations, 2 of the ones listed as retiring must still be trying out because it's 22 right now. We need 2 more confirmations

Edited by dccfan37

I saw that too and I was like Nooooo!! I thought for sure we'd have at least one more year with Jacie.  :(  I like Rachel too but I had already figured she'd be retiring to get married. 

So many favorites going this year! :( 

I will open a  2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Speculation thread in March. Any news about Season 11 can be discussed in the thread. I probably will set it up between swimsuit fittings on March 10th and the End of the Year Banquet on March 24th. You can speculate and discuss who will be trying out or leaving the team in this thread and the Social Media thread. Thank all of you for your cooperation and patience. And now on to Season 11 and the 2016 tryouts coming in three months.

Did Danielle say she was reauditioning? Kinzie may leave because of her knee injury, and Rachel is getting married in October so she may leave the team. Three year vet Crystal Trevino got married in September, but she still came back for another year. I guess we will get some clues since swimsuit fittings, and the End of the Year Banquet are coming up in March, and mid April they will be heading out for the swimsuit calendar shoot. I hope we will be able to vote for which pictures end up in the Sidelines Calendar because the girls whose pictures can be voted on usually try out for the team again.

Kinzies Instagram says DCC 2012-2016 which sounds like she's retiring (used to just say DCC).

Ahh I don't follow her on IG so I didn't see that...no, I agree, that is very telling.  She'll be missed for sure but in her case, I kind of don't blame her.  She's had a good run and now is dealing with knee surgery.  

Ok I don't know if there is a perfect place for this question but have we ever seen where they revealed who was going to be point person?  Do they just find out when they go in the position or are told they are alternating with several others?  I would love to see that just like being called to be group leaders!

Jacie was the unofficial heir to the throne, so it she retires, it will be interesting to see who is at point next year. Emma seemed to be a shoe in, too, then retired.

If Jacie and Jinzie retire, I wonder about Mary or Jenna, Even thought Jenna is so short. They do love danielle and Jinelle, too, but they're so 'not Texan' if that makes sense.

Jennifer is a great dancer, but I do wonder if she would get point. Usually everyone loves the point girl, and there is such a split decision on her. To be honest, I am not sure who else it would be, but I still am not blown about by her.

Jenna is a great dancer, but they may consider her not tall enough to be the point girl. Jennifer is one of the three girls in front of the whole team when they perform so she probably has a good chance of making point girl if Jacie decides not to come back. Kelli, Judy and Charlotte also like her a lot and I bet this makes a big difference in who makes point girl.

Are people really split about Jennifer or just those of us who analyze the show? lol  I still think she's next to get it because K&J love her so much...and isn't the point like the overall 'team' captain?  Jennifer has that poise and leadership and they already use her so much for interviews, etc.  

All that said, I love Jenna and think she has the maturity to handle it. Will be interesting for sure. 

• Love 1

Jessa has definitely grown in a beautiful young lady since her first season. I would be happy for her if she was point girl or one of the three girls up front. I also see her being a group leader, being in Show Group again, teaching routines during TC, and going to Pro Bowl.

Jenna is a great dancer, but they may consider her not tall enough to be the point girl. Jennifer is one of the three girls in front of the whole team when they perform so she probably has a good chance of making point girl if Jacie decides not to come back. Kelli, Judy and Charlotte also like her a lot and I bet this makes a big difference in who makes point girl.

I agree with this. I think it's likely that Jennifer will be point, although I think it's likely that Jenna will be at the front however. I could see she and Erica moving into Jennifer and Jacie's old spots next season. 

Looking at the list upthread, didn't Kashara confirm that she's coming back? Also, Elizabeth is someone who may not come back given her knee injury. Of course, she is one who moved her whole life to Texas for DCC, so she may try to make it through the injury. 

I think they love Jenn K too much to not make her point. I also bet she expects it too since she's been given so many other "honors" in a fast-tracked way, and they wouldn't to upset her by not giving her this one too. Also, isn't she point in a lot of the show group dances?

So what’s the difference between retiring and leaving the team? I am referring to Paige.

Yeah, I'd like to know the difference too? Do you have to stay until a certain date past the last home game to get labeled a retirement? Almost like an honorable versus dishonable discharge in the military ;).

I believe the cheerleaders sign a contract for a certain period of time, which is probably from some point in training camp until shortly before the next year's auditions. If a cheerleader resigns or is terminated before the end of that term she would be considered as someone who left the team. Conversely, a retiree would be someone who completes the entire contract term and chooses not to audition for another year.

• Love 1

Jessa has definitely grown in a beautiful young lady since her first season. I would be happy for her if she was point girl or one of the three girls up front. I also see her being a group leader, being in Show Group again, teaching routines during TC, and going to Pro Bowl.

Bigsky - neither of us can type today. I put a Jinzie on the team, and now you have a Jessa. 

I think Jennifer has a great chance at point, and they do love her. However, that dosen't make her a shoe-in. They loved Trisha Trevino, and after 6 years, she was never point. Crystal, who became a DCC after Trisha, was point for a year.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 1

Bigsky - neither of us can type today. I put a Jinzie on the team, and now you have a Jessa. 

I think Jennifer has a great chance at point, and they do love her. However, that dosen't make her a shoe-in. They loved Trisha Trevino, and after 6 years, she was never point. Crystal 

Oops! Sorry Jenna.