Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Isn't Melissa going to medical school?

I think she got a degree in bio medical engineering or something.  

ETA- from her DCC bio:  Education: Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with a Premedical Specialty and a Dance Minor

Edited by DCCFanInKy

Ashley confirmed she's retiring

Can't say I'm surprised. That knee of hers helped her decision I'm sure.

Was just coming here to post about that.  Wonder who she was in for?  So what's the full list of retirees as we know it?

Likely Kinzie since she tore her ACL.

I don't think Melissa's post necessarily means she is retiring. A few other girls made similar posts . It just means it's the last game day of this season with this particular group of girls . That's what I got out of it anyway.

That's what I got from those posts as well.

I think she got a degree in bio medical engineering or something.

ETA- from her DCC bio: Education: Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with a Premedical Specialty and a Dance Minor

Sounds like she went for an engineering degree but took enough bio, chem and anatomy to prep for the mcat/med school if she wanted to do that. The dance minor was probably just a few college dance classes the amounted to enough to be classified as a minor. Seems like a very "keep all my options open" strategy for her undergraduate, and it probably took more than 4 years. I wonder what she's going to do now? Med school or get a job as an engineer.

I hope Melissa does not retire.

She and Danielle are my favorites on the squad. I have a few other favorites but those two stand out for me.  

But whatever she does, I wish her all the best.  

Her IG post could read either way. Her picture is gorgeous...tan with good lipstick. 

What do the girls do from now until May? Do they have appearances or a full break

I'm guessing they still have some appearances. I think they get to keep their uniforms until just before auditions (at least that's how it was portrayed in season 4)

The girls go on appearances and do some performances. For the girls who are reauditioning, they probably are working on solos, keeping in shape for finals and swimsuit fittings/calendar shoot, and taking dance classes. The vets turn in their uniforms at finals time. The group leaders help teach prep classes starting next month.

I would imagine Melissa is going to have to choose between coming back as a DCC and taking a dumbed down dcc friendly job, or doing something with her major. Most engineering jobs are pretty demanding, but I suppose she may be able to find something DCC flexible.

I guess if she chooses the MCAT/med school route she could study for the entrance exam and still be a DCC, then retire and enter med school next year. I'm interested to see which road she takes! Love Melissa!

Edited for clarification.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1

Sounds like she went for an engineering degree but took enough bio, chem and anatomy to prep for the mcat/med school if she wanted to do that. The dance minor was probably just a few college dance classes the amounted to enough to be classified as a minor. Seems like a very "keep all my options open" strategy for her undergraduate, and it probably took more than 4 years. I wonder what she's going to do now? Med school or get a job as an engineer.

She can't get a job as an engineer yet. She'd have to pass a FE (fundamentals of engineering) test, become and EIT or EI (Engineer in Training/Engineering Intern - not sure what TX law is, but that's the route in PA/VA/WV/MD, probably the same everywhere else.). After about five years as an EI, she can sit for a PE (Professional Engineer) exam and be 'real' engineer. She could work as an EIT until then, but not put her professional 'stamp' on anything until she is a PE. If she doesn't pass that exam, she could be an engineering assistant/drafter type person. No doubt she's a smart cookie and hard worker, and can become a PE.

I would imagine Melissa is going to have to choose between coming back as a DCC and taking a dumbed down dcc friendly job, or doing something with her major. Most engineering jobs are pretty demanding, but I suppose she may be able to find something DCC flexible.

I guess if she chooses the MCAT/med school route she could study and still be a DCC. I'm interested to see which road she takes! Love Melissa!

There is no way she could be a med student and a DCC. Just not enough hours in the day. Engineering jobs are indeed demanding (my husband and his dad and brothers are PEs) but not nearly as time consuming as med school. If she wants to be a physician and keep being a DCC for another year or two, I can see her going to grad school and being a DCC, then going to med school after she retires from DCC. It would be very tiresome, but more feasible to be an EIT and DCC than to try med school and DCC.  

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being in medical equipment sales (like Kelsey) or grad school, if she wants to stay with the DCC for a year or two, then do something more career focused later. Either way, she's smart and driven, so I don't think we'll have to worry about her wasting her life or withering after her DCC days are over.

Well what is Amy T. doing as a DCC and engineer? Is she still working? Doubt it. It seems like most current DCC or girls after DCC work for fitness studios as instructors or marketing for Infiniti. Not "real" jobs besides sales (Kelsey) and dental (Victoria).

She can't get a job as an engineer yet. She'd have to pass a FE (fundamentals of engineering) test, become and EIT or EI (Engineer in Training/Engineering Intern - not sure what TX law is, but that's the route in PA/VA/WV/MD, probably the same everywhere else.). After about five years as an EI, she can sit for a PE (Professional Engineer) exam and be 'real' engineer. She could work as an EIT until then, but not put her professional 'stamp' on anything until she is a PE. If she doesn't pass that exam, she could be an engineering assistant/drafter type person. No doubt she's a smart cookie and hard worker, and can become a PE.

There is no way she could be a med student and a DCC. Just not enough hours in the day. Engineering jobs are indeed demanding (my husband and his dad and brothers are PEs) but not nearly as time consuming as med school. If she wants to be a physician and keep being a DCC for another year or two, I can see her going to grad school and being a DCC, then going to med school after she retires from DCC. It would be very tiresome, but more feasible to be an EIT and DCC than to try med school and DCC.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being in medical equipment sales (like Kelsey) or grad school, if she wants to stay with the DCC for a year or two, then do something more career focused later. Either way, she's smart and driven, so I don't think we'll have to worry about her wasting her life or withering after her DCC days are over.

Yes, I realize she couldn't be a DCC and go to medical school. That's not what I said. I said if she wants to take time studying for the MCAT, being a DCC would work because she could study in her off time while she's studying and preparing her applications. Edited by PrincessLeia

Agreed. No way can one be in medical school and be a DCC - that is if she actually wanted to finish medical school. As a lawyer, I don't think there's anyway someone could be a first year law student (third year would be manageable outside of finals period), do well, and be a DCC, and many of the med students I knew when I was in school, had crazier schedules. Undergrad is completely manageable with a DCC schedule, but certain programs in grad school are a different ballgame. No matter how smart you are, you actually have to study and prepare for class, etc. 

ETA: I just saw the above post, and I agree that she could study for the MCAT or even take another year of school if necessary and continue to be a DCC. I know several people who did not get into medical school right away and went on to take programs that lasted a year or two while they applied again.

Beyond that, if Melissa's job prospects are anything like my husband's were when he graduated with a mechanical engineering degree, she should be able to find a good paying job without too much trouble. Even if she chooses not to get her PE license, there are plenty of high paying jobs that she can get with just the engineering degree. My husband recently got his PE license, but many of his colleagues don't have one or plan on getting one.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1

Agreed. No way can one be in medical school and be a DCC - that is if she actually wanted to finish medical school. As a lawyer, I don't think there's anyway someone could be a first year law student (third year would be manageable outside of finals period), do well, and be a DCC, and many of the med students I knew when I was in school, had crazier schedules. Undergrad is completely manageable with a DCC schedule, but certain programs in grad school are a different ballgame. No matter how smart you are, you actually have to study and prepare for class, etc.

Beyond that, if Melissa's job prospects are anything like my husband's were when he graduated with a mechanical engineering degree, she should be able to find a good paying job without too much trouble. Even if she chooses not to get her PE license, there are plenty of high paying jobs that she can get with just the engineering degree. My husband recently got his PE license, but many of his colleagues don't have one or plan on getting one.

Never mind! You saw my post!

Edited by PrincessLeia

Rookie Holly just posted 3 videos on her Insta of her in Michelle Keyes power class and I have to say, she looks pretty darn amazing with her dancing and power. She does look a lot more toned and slimmer and her hair is darker

• Love 1

Rookie Holly just posted 3 videos on her Insta of her in Michelle Keyes power class and I have to say, she looks pretty darn amazing with her dancing and power. She does look a lot more toned and slimmer and her hair is darker

On a side note...

If you take a Michelle Keys class but don't post a video on Instagram did it really happen?

Here's Holly P

https://instagram.com/p/BAQ9xJtlFGu/

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 1

On a side note...

If you take a Michelle Keys class but don't post a video on Instagram did it really happen?

Here's Holly P

https://instagram.com/p/BAQ9xJtlFGu/

LOL!!! So true...I don't believe it unless I see it LOL

But her classes do look so fun, I can see why people want to take videos of themselves doing choreography.

Holly's hair looks more red in Taylor's picture than it does on her own IG...maybe lighting? It really looks brunette again in her own videos.  But yeah, she is looking awesome!

I don't really get the Holly love. I mean, she can dance, sure, but she's no better than a lot of others in her field. Megan C., Melissa, Erica, and Lacey can dance circles around her. Personally, I wish she would post just 1 picture without her back unnaturally arched and her boobs stuck out, but maybe it's just me. :D To each their own. ;)

Edited by sugarplum
  • Love 1

I don't really get the Holly love. I mean, she can dance, sure, but she's no better than a lot of others in her field. Megan C., Melissa, Erica, and Lacey can dance circles around her. Personally, I wish she would post just 1 picture without her back unnaturally arched and her boobs stuck out, but maybe it's just me. :D To each their own. ;)

Agree to disagree :) Kind of how we all have different opinions on who is the prettiest.  I agree that all the girls you mentioned are wonderful dances though to say they are 'better' is kind of besides the point. I'd be making over those girls too if they posted videos but Erica is the only one who ever really has. It's just easy for me to like her because she is more visual on social media and takes time to respond to almost every comment on twitter, IG, etc.  I feel like I 'know' her better so I support her more LOL  That probably doesnt' make sense. 

And all that to say Erica is probably my very favorite DCC! I just love her and hope she posts more videos in the off season dance classes they take, like she did last year.

DEFINITE AGREE on the arched back, boobs out, knee popped pictures!! but half my feeds are full of young girls standing that way so I guess it's kind of the thing these days. lol

IMO Erica, Lacey and Kenzie are DCCs who also happen to be amazing dancers - these girls would probably have made the squad even if their dancing was just average (for a DCC). They truly have the total package - so beautiful, sexy, and poised that the judges would just be hoping they can dance "good enough" before the prelim music even starts so that they can put them right on the squad. I'd put Jenn K. in this group too even though I don't think she has a lot of sex appeal, but she's still very pretty and well-spoken.

Now, on the other-hand, Megan C., Melissa and rookie Holly are amazing dancers who have made the squad in spite of lacking a few DCC qualities because their dancing is just sooooo good - I don't think any of those 3 w/ just average dancing (for a DCC) would have made the cut.

• Love 2

Agree to disagree :) Kind of how we all have different opinions on who is the prettiest.  I agree that all the girls you mentioned are wonderful dances though to say they are 'better' is kind of besides the point. I'd be making over those girls too if they posted videos but Erica is the only one who ever really has. It's just easy for me to like her because she is more visual on social media and takes time to respond to almost every comment on twitter, IG, etc.  I feel like I 'know' her better so I support her more LOL  That probably doesnt' make sense. 

And all that to say Erica is probably my very favorite DCC! I just love her and hope she posts more videos in the off season dance classes they take, like she did last year.

DEFINITE AGREE on the arched back, boobs out, knee popped pictures!! but half my feeds are full of young girls standing that way so I guess it's kind of the thing these days. lol

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't dislike her. I just don't quite get all the appeal everyone has for her. But everyone has different tastes, which is good - it keeps the world from being boring.

I agree that Erica is my favorite, with Lacey being a close second, as well as Jenna. A few others that seem to be "popular" barely seem to scratch my radar, but obviously people love them. Different people love different things. Doesn't mean any of us are right or wrong. :)

• Love 1

Agree! :) 

Noticed on Chantal's IG that Paula Tabares (who tried out for DCC years ago and didn't get thru camp) asked her to be her MOH!! I didn't realize Paula was engaged...that's awesome they are such good friends!!

Agree! :) 

Noticed on Chantal's IG that Paula Tabares (who tried out for DCC years ago and didn't get thru camp) asked her to be her MOH!! I didn't realize Paula was engaged...that's awesome they are such good friends!!

Chantal and Paula were Mavs dancers together for 3 seasons.

Holly T and Megan were presented as such superstars, that I think Lacey was overlooked. I didn't expect to like her, but WOW. She's as good as, if not better, a technical dancer as Holly, Megan, Melissa, etc., and Lacey has great showmanship, too. Plus dat hair! I'd love to see her at point in a few years.

Danielle, Kelsey, Jenna, Kinzie, Jessica, and Jacie are the only 4 year girls on the team right? It will be interesting to see who does and doesn't return. I believe Jenna and Kinzie are the youngest of the bunch, so I could definitely see them returning. I think that class (rookies in season 7) was my favorite of any rookie group that has been on the show. They were really talented and also quite diverse.

I agree I love season seven!!!!

Edited by Luvdallas

Holly T and Megan were presented as such superstars, that I think Lacey was overlooked. I didn't expect to like her, but WOW. She's as good as, if not better, a technical dancer as Holly, Megan, Melissa, etc., and Lacey has great showmanship, too. Plus dat hair! I'd love to see her at point in a few years.

Yeah Lacey is a great dancer. For a somewhat small class, the rookie class last year was really strong with some of the best technical dancers on the team in Melissa, Lacey, and Erica, and while she may not be the technical dancer that the others are, Mary is great as well.   

• Love 1

So sad that Holly and Ashley are retiring!  Watching this season, I thought that, if Ashley could get through her knee injuries, she might have been a second leader next year.  She is such a fabulous performer, and seems to be very loved and admired by her teammates.  ITA with other posters that Holly always seemed the epitome of everything good DCC, and I never got tired of watching her dance.  I also agree that Jacie is the most likely candidate for point girl, with Jennifer a close second, and Kinzie probably moving into Jacie's spot.  Any word on others who have announced retirement?

I think Kat, Stephanie, Raylee and Simone could be on the bubble if they do not bring their A+ game to finals. No signs of other girls announcing retirement.

I haven't heard about Stephanie being on the bubble, is she not standing out??

Also, any idea who might be first and second leaders next year

Stephanie was on the bubble in the last episode. To me, she seems to be more of an average, lucky to make the team dancer than a standout.

I can see Jacie, Danielle, Jennifer, Jenna, Kenzie, Jessica as possible first leaders with Mary, Lacey, Jinelle, Melissa, Rachel as  possible second leaders.

Isn't  Holly Arielle from the same rookie class as the 5  (Jenna, Alyssa, Cassie, Megan, Kamilah)  that got cut? 

I know Amber Lea was but she retired after one season to get married. So Holly and Angela were the only 5 yr vets this season.

Edited by MrsEVH

For 1st group leaders I could see: Jacie, Jennifer, Danielle, Jenna/Kinzie

For 2nd group leaders I could see: Jenna/Kinzie, Jessica, Jinelle, Erica, Loren, or Rachel (if she is not retiring)

Isn't  Holly Arielle from the same rookie class as the 5  (Jenna, Alyssa, Cassie, Megan, Kamilah)  that got cut? 

I know Amber Lea was but she retired after one season to get married. So Holly and Angela were the only 5 yr vets this season.

Yeah, they were the only five year girls this season. 

These are my picks for girls retiring:

Holly

Angela

Kelsey

Danielle

Paige

Rachel

Ashley

Loren

Victoria

Melissa

Group leaders: Jacie, Jennifer, Jessica, Jenna

2nd: Kinzie, Jinelle, Mary, Erica

Mary could go either way as she just got engaged also.

Mary just can't retire yet!! She has become one of my favorites, and I believe an organization favorite, too. When they posted DCC interview clips a few months back, where a cheerleader answered a fan question or two, Mary's clip was more than twice as long as anyone else's, I think because she was so engaging and well spoken. I also remember how the cheers went up for her louder than anyone when they announced Show Group. I'm hoping she loves being a DCC enough to keep at it while engaged and after getting married. If she stays, I'd bet on Mary as a likely second leader.

I could see Danielle going either way about retirement. I'd love to see Jenna as a group leader, and Kinzie too. I'd also root for Lacey and Erica to get second leaders this year. Lacey is so young, I could see her being a DCC for a long time, and eventually a candidate for point girl. I think she's a fabulous performer and a model DCC.

I loved Simone on MTT, but I agree that she could be a bubble girl if she hasn't stepped up the power in her dancing. She's a really hard worker, though, so I'd like to believe that she can do it!

I'm guessing the retiring DCCs have already announced it because they intend to. The others probably haven't said anything yet because they might be still deciding what they want to do.

Edited by MrsEVH

Loren surprises me, too. I think she'd stay for 100 years if they'd let her. I think Danielle will go for five. Besides the girls who have confirmed leaving, I think Ashley will retire due to injury. Simone may use injury as a reason if she thinks she's on the bubble. Victoria getting married, may signify her leaving, too.

Loren surprises me, too. I think she'd stay for 100 years if they'd let her. I think Danielle will go for five. Besides the girls who have confirmed leaving, I think Ashley will retire due to injury. Simone may use injury as a reason if she thinks she's on the bubble. Victoria getting married, may signify her leaving, too.

I think Ashley announced her retirement on Twitter.

• Love 1

Ashley has announced she is retiring. Victoria is getting married in June, so she may be leaving. Rachel may be leaving since she is getting married in October. Crystal got married in September and was able to put in her third year. I think there will be more girls leaving the team, but they have not made the announcement yet.

Ashley retiring. https://www.instagram.com/p/BAGDgnruA9c/?taken-by=ashhholland2

Especially if they're getting married anywhere from June to August which would interfere with TC.

I totally forgot about Kat. She's the one I can't make up my mind if she'll be a one hit wonder or stay for two or three years. Kelli loves being able to say they have an Olympic Gymnast (former jr. rhythmic, I know) and Kat is very well spoken. I'd like to see them live to see how she keeps up in person.

Ashley has announced she is retiring. Victoria is getting married in June, so she may be leaving. Rachel may be leaving since she is getting married in October. Crystal got married in September and was able to put in her third year. I think there will be more girls leaving the team, but they have not made the announcement yet.

Ashley retiring. https://www.instagram.com/p/BAGDgnruA9c/?taken-by=ashhholland2

Yeah, if they're getting married June- December, they must be retiring. I can't see them getting time off in training camp and definitely not during the regular season. I wonder how Crystal managed that..... Maybe she got married that week between preseason ending and regular season starting. Edited by PrincessLeia

Can anyone shed some light on how the All-Stars work? Do you have to have cheered for five years to even be considered? Are you still held to the same weight standards?

Not five years.... I thought I read on here they had to have cheered at least 3 years, but I'm not sure. They're held to the same physical standards as the current squad. Can't look hefty in the uniform!

• Love 1

Not five years.... I thought I read on here they had to have cheered at least 3 years, but I'm not sure. They're held to the same physical standards as the current squad. Can't look hefty in the uniform!

There were some DCCs that were 3 or 4 year vets and went on to be All Stars. Jordan Baum (3 yr) and  Megan McVey (4 yr) were .

• Love 1