Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Looks like some of the Show Group girls are heading to South Korea for the USO tour. Melissa, Jessica, Jenna, Rachel, Jennifer, Lacey, and Jackie Bob is going with them.

Paige was last night's Game Day Girl.

Looks like Ashley and Kinzie are the Show Group members not traveling on either trip. Kinzie I know is injured but not sure why Ashley wouldn't go?

Wasn't Ashley injured a lot this year too?  I know she did perform in most of the games (it seems) but her knee kept popping out and she missed dancing at Oxnard because of it. I wonder if they are worried it'd act up again...but someone said they are not dancing on the USO tour?? So what the heck do they do? Just shake hands with the guys and take pics with them?

Fun to see all their pics from the Dallas Cowboys' Christmas party at the stadium...I always love seeing what the girls wear lol 

I have to say, Raylee has not been a standout to me but hot dang she looks AWESOME in her picture from the party with her boyfriend!! Wow! From pics I've seen so far, she and Danielle looked that best.  And I love that Danielle brought her dad!

https://www.instagram.com/rayleefaythe/   (Raylee's IG, public)

Angela has been pretty upfront about this being her last year, even since camp so I'd be more shocked if she stayed another year.  BUT if she remains in Dallas with her husband (which I imagine they will??) I can totally see her wanting to be an all star! she'd be so awesome at that...though maybe she wouldn't like all the appearances lol  Will miss her though!

Some of those pics of Raylee are giving me a Chelsea vibe - like she looks like Chelsea - especially the one w/ the light saber. Her hair is a very pretty color of brown though - like the tiniest hint of red to bring out her complexion. If that's not her natural color, her colorist did a good job - if it's natural, I'm jealous ;).

Love that photo of Phil!

• Love 1

They do special workshops for dance students/students in whatever country they are are visiting (that is why Jenna got to meet them - it was on the base). I think there was speculation, unless someone knows for sure, that they didn't want to do full out performances any longer because of injuries.  I think Cassie Trammel's injury was the straw that broke the camel's back.  In the years Show Group traveled, girls got injured and since they are away from proper medical care - specialized medical care - they toned it down.

But like I said, I could be wrong.

Excellent medical care being available is one thing -- who was going to be liable and pay for it is another.

Are these girls covered under the Cowboys if they are hurt on the job? If not are they required to carry insurance? Are they covered for certain treatments and procedures out of the country?

Just because you have a great military care facility on base doesn't mean a magic fairy makes the medical bills go away.

• Love 1

Excellent medical care being available is one thing -- who was going to be liable and pay for it is another.

Are these girls covered under the Cowboys if they are hurt on the job? If not are they required to carry insurance? Are they covered for certain treatments and procedures out of the country?

Just because you have a great military care facility on base doesn't mean a magic fairy makes the medical bills go away.

Exactly! Plus to even get military care at their facility one has to have military insurance I believe. I was a military wife and that's how it used to be anyway.

That video makes me think the DCC needs more blondes ;) - ironic, huh ;). The turned in feet in the beginning steps of the choreo bugs me some, but it must be how it's supposed to be cause they are all doing it. Jenna looks great though as others have said.

• Love 1

Jenna is always adorable and fun to watch but sorry, I'm alone of this I guess haha, my eye still goes to Jenny Kat! Weird that Jenna was point? Was it because they were in South Korea? 

Is she a group leader for that group? During the Friends and Family show, she had a few seconds of a 'feature' at center in the country dance with the boots. I wonder if you're right about her being center in some of the show group dances on bases, due to her military back ground.

Don't get me wrong, she's one of the best performers on the team, (I don't dislike Jenna, and recognize that she's a really good dancer, but she's just never stood out as one my favorites).

• Love 1

Jenna is always adorable and fun to watch but sorry, I'm alone of this I guess haha, my eye still goes to Jenny Kat! Weird that Jenna was point? Was it because they were in South Korea? 

I don't think it's weird at all. She has a lot of pop. It could be that maybe that's where she fit best or it could be seniority.

Is she a group leader for that group? During the Friends and Family show, she had a few seconds of a 'feature' at center in the country dance with the boots. I wonder if you're right about her being center in some of the show group dances on bases, due to her military back ground.

Don't get me wrong, she's one of the best performers on the team, (I don't dislike Jenna, and recognize that she's a really good dancer, but she's just never stood out as one my favorites).

No. That's not her "regular" group.

I really like Lacy!! So fun to watch!!

I love her!

• Love 1

I was wondering if maybe it had something to do with Jenna's height too. In that particular group of show group performers, so is so much shorter than everyone else. There is no one to really "balance" her with if she was on a side. She can obviously handle being point, so maybe it makes the most sense to put her there in that group.

I was wondering if maybe it had something to do with Jenna's height too. In that particular group of show group performers, so is so much shorter than everyone else. There is no one to really "balance" her with if she was on a side. She can obviously handle being point, so maybe it makes the most sense to put her there in that group.

Jenna and Jessica are close in height, so Jenna and Jennifer K could have easily switched in that formation, and Melissa (who I believe is behind Jenna) is also of a similar height. I don't think it's strange that Jenna would be the point girl in a small group though. I think she may be a a group leader if she returns next year, and thus will frequently be at the point position for her group. She's a four yet vet, so she and Jessica are the most senior cheerleaders in that group in terms of years on the squad, and while Jessica is a good dancer, I don't think she has the same "pop" as Jenna. Jennifer is of course a group leader while Jessica and Jenna are second group leaders, so it's a bit strange that she wasn't the point, but hey, it worked for me lol. 

In that second video of Jenna's, my eyes go more so to Jennifer as popping. Funny how that changes! Also, IDK HOW Rachel made show group OR how she continues to make it back every year (though this is probably her last year); she's got a wonky face. Sidenote, I know Kelsey has been gradually changing her hair over to blonde but I thought she'd stopped at some point and left it honey. It is looking just as platinum as Holly Arielle's on the overseas tour. Blegh.

I definitely think it's her last year too. Rachel has always been kind of random to me, but I guess they see something we either don't or just haven't been able to see since they never really ever put much focus on her.

I like Rachel.  She has a quieter, more reserved personality to me and not the same 'pop' as the others, but I think they love her sweetness and how professional she is.  Everytime I've heard her speak/interviewed she is very well spoken.  She also has an AMAZING figure!  I just think she doesn't photograph very well.  She and Victoria are two I can think of off the top of my head who are beautiful but it doesn't translate as well to photos.  I agree that Rachel will be retiring this year.  I will always admire her for coming back so strong after her big injury. 

Kelsey's latest hair color is awful!! so brash.  It almost looks like a 'flat' blonde, no high lights even.  Too light for her skin tone. 

It IS hard to tell how tall they are. I think Caila is tall and Jenna is short, but I can't even begin to guess about the rest of them. Well, I think Angela is pretty short too. Judy comes across as shorter than Kelli and they both look shorter than Charlotte - but those 3 are always in some form of heels when they are walking so you never really can tell for sure.

The only way I can ever tell how tall or short they are is by the kickline. Jenna, Jessica, and Kat were on the end throughout the season, so they are a few of the shortest on the team. Also, based on seeing them in person, Angela's group seems to be a shorter group with Jenna, Melissa, etc, whereas Jacie's group has some taller girls like Kinzie (and maybe Caila). Holly's and Jennifer's group seem to be more average height. Obviously, this is a very, very loose observation, and I don't know whether they actually take height into account for the groups. Megan C. is also very tall.

I like Rachel.  She has a quieter, more reserved personality to me and not the same 'pop' as the others, but I think they love her sweetness and how professional she is.  Everytime I've heard her speak/interviewed she is very well spoken.  She also has an AMAZING figure!  I just think she doesn't photograph very well.  She and Victoria are two I can think of off the top of my head who are beautiful but it doesn't translate as well to photos.  I agree that Rachel will be retiring this year.  I will always admire her for coming back so strong after her big injury. 

Kelsey's latest hair color is awful!! so brash.  It almost looks like a 'flat' blonde, no high lights even.  Too light for her skin tone. 

ABSOLUTELY. Her body is KILLER!

I think this was either the first time or the first time in a while that Jay has traveled on the USO tour.  I follow him on Facebook and Twitter and he was VERY PROUD to be included.  

As you all know, he was in the military and knows the organization so well. He is an excellent chaperone for the DCC. And no, he doesn't train the girls while on the tour.

• Love 3

Anyone know if Jay always goes on the USO tours with the girls? He went to Korea with them this time. My real question is, why? Is he training the girls while he's there?

I think the trip was geared towards the girls teaching fitness at the bases they visited so that would make sense.
  • Love 1

Wednesday 12/30 was the last rehearsal of 2015 and the last rehearsal for the full squad. Kelsey tweeted this on her twitter page:   Bittersweet week as there are a lot of "lasts" finishing this 2015.

I wonder if she is not trying out for her fifth year in May. The 2016 auditions start on May 14th for prelims.

Danielle, Kelsey, Jenna, Kinzie, Jessica, and Jacie are the only 4 year girls on the team right? It will be interesting to see who does and doesn't return. I believe Jenna and Kinzie are the youngest of the bunch, so I could definitely see them returning. I think that class (rookies in season 7) was my favorite of any rookie group that has been on the show. They were really talented and also quite diverse.