Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

No way Vivian was that big that year they cut her for looking too stocky in the uniform. Tampa Bay Megan is another one cut for weight who shouldn't have been cut if K&J think Amy's body is up to DCC standards. These are just recent TCCs - there's lots of vets like Alex Hermes too.

No way Vivian was that big that year they cut her for looking too stocky in the uniform. Tampa Bay Megan is another one cut for weight who shouldn't have been cut if K&J think Amy's body is up to DCC standards. These are just recent TCCs - there's lots of vets like Alex Hermes too.

Agreed! Though I think Vivian's legs were thicker than Amy's. But Megan from Tampa definitely was a mistake.  She looked awesome in the uniform, not stocky at all.  I think they were just looking for an excuse to get rid of her. 

All that said, I think there are plenty of fans who LOVE how Amy looks.  I just am commenting more or less on the double standard. 

Since football season will be ending at the beginning of January, who do you think will be retiring at the end of the season or may be cut. I am thinking vet Holly, Angela, Danielle, Jenna, and Victoria. Kat and Simone may be cut if they do not bring their A+ game to finals next May.

I think Angela and Jessica will go, Ashley too.. before her knee gets worse and her leg drops off.

It will be interesting which Rookies go. There are quite a few that got very little airtime. Most people seem to think Kat will go, I wonder what her dancing throughout the year has been like? She seems to love it as a DCC and posts lots of positive messages/pictures about her time there. Maybe Simone .. wasn't she the one who only just made it and had an injured shoulder?

I hope Danielle doesn't go, or Kelsey. Holly Arielle is so gorgeous, it would be good if she stayed.

Neither of the Amy's have made much of an impact on me but I do wonder if there will be any shock leavers like Holly P or Kashara from the rookies or Caila from the vets. Girls that you sort of think will stay a while but move on to something completely different.

I kind of don't think Kat would be cut based on how much they thought she improved throughout TC and also because she brings a different style to the table with her rhythmic gymnastics. The fact that they used her solo at meet the team spoke volumes to me. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see her getting cut. If she leaves IMO I think it will be on her own terms.

I could possibly see Simone getting cut, but I really don't know. I also wonder about the blenders, such as Claire, who we didn't hear much about. Reminds me of girls past like Courtni or Teri who got cut for being underwhelming in their second seasons.

Edited by Oranaiche

I wondered about Stephanie, she looks a lot like Lauren at the moment and didn't get much airtime. I wonder if she will stay or get a makeover. They could probably do with some more blondes..

For whatever reason I get more of the "it factor" from Stephanie and Amy L than I do with Claire. All three of them were low profile on the show but for some reason I have Claire pegged for a possible cut. I really can't explain it, and I'm probably completely wrong, lol. I think part of it is based on their fan vote videos. I can remember Stephanie's and Amy L's, but I don't remember Claire at all.

I doubt they'd send a first year vet to pro bowl (Erica). If anyone would have gone on their first year as a vet, it would have been Jennifer Kathryn, heh.

IMO pro bowl will probably be Holly Arielle or Jacie.

Edited by Oranaiche

I think the girls vote for who goes to Pro Bowl, and I would not be surprise if Kelli, Judy and Charlotte approve who is chosen. Erica is a two year vet, and the rookies are not part of the list of the girls who can be picked to go.

I REALLY hope Holly Arielle gets pro bowl.  I have a feeling this is her last year...she's mid-twenties now, married, wants to travel with her husband before having kids, plus all her besties are all-stars (Emma, Katy, etc.) She'll get her five year charm or whatever.  All that said, I'll be bummed if she retires.  She IS DCC to me, gorgeous and the best personality and dancing. 

I think Danielle could get pro bowl though too - her or Jacie.  Those two have been in the media the most this year so it would make sense.  I love them both so I'd be ok with either.  Maybe whoever doesn't get pro bowl will get vet of the year lol

I think Ashley Nicole HAS to be done this year and hasn't Angela said that this year is her victory lap? I think Jenna and Jenny Kat will be around another year as well as Lacey, Erica and Melissa.  I bet Rachel and Victoria will be done because of their weddings. 

As for one and done girls, I too wonder about the girls who we know nothing of, like Claire and Raylee.  Claire always looks great in pictures, like she' s having a blast and is very cute but who knows. Raylee is pretty blah to me. Talk about a blender, her and Jax.  Agree that Stephanie and Amy L always look great, with a lot more star power. I see them staying awhile.  For some reason I feel like KaShara will only do one year, no idea why I think that.  I adore her though so I hope I'm wrong. 

I REALLY hope Holly Arielle gets pro bowl. I have a feeling this is her last year...she's mid-twenties now, married, wants to travel with her husband before having kids, plus all her besties are all-stars (Emma, Katy, etc.) She'll get her five year charm or whatever. All that said, I'll be bummed if she retires. She IS DCC to me, gorgeous and the best personality and dancing.

I think Danielle could get pro bowl though too - her or Jacie. Those two have been in the media the most this year so it would make sense. I love them both so I'd be ok with either. Maybe whoever doesn't get pro bowl will get vet of the year lol

I think Ashley Nicole HAS to be done this year and hasn't Angela said that this year is her victory lap? I think Jenna and Jenny Kat will be around another year as well as Lacey, Erica and Melissa. I bet Rachel and Victoria will be done because of their weddings.

As for one and done girls, I too wonder about the girls who we know nothing of, like Claire and Raylee. Claire always looks great in pictures, like she' s having a blast and is very cute but who knows. Raylee is pretty blah to me. Talk about a blender, her and Jax. Agree that Stephanie and Amy L always look great, with a lot more star power. I see them staying awhile. For some reason I feel like KaShara will only do one year, no idea why I think that. I adore her though so I hope I'm wrong.

I completely forgot Raylee. She might be gone next year too. I was so surprised when the show aired that she was only 18 and fresh out of high school, because she looks so soccer mom to me.

Amy's amazing "rookie gaze" must blind K&J from seeing weight gain? She is stunningly gorgeous but...

If we notice it, I'm sure they do too.

Since football season will be ending at the beginning of January, who do you think will be retiring at the end of the season or may be cut. I am thinking vet Holly, Angela, Danielle, Jenna, and Victoria. Kat and Simone may be cut if they do not bring their A+ game to finals next May.

Retiring: Angela, Holly, Ashley, Victoria, Loren, Paige, Rachel

Cut: Kat, Simone, Stephanie

I want to say Kelsey, b/c it doesn't seem like she has many other incentives to stick around. 

If we notice it, I'm sure they do too.

Retiring: Angela, Holly, Ashley, Victoria, Loren, Paige, Rachel

Cut: Kat, Simone, Stephanie

I want to say Kelsey, b/c it doesn't seem like she has many other incentives to stick around. 

I forgot about Paige! She might really be ready to move on at this point. I keep wondering about Jinelle too. 

Paige is one of my favorites. I hope she sticks around. I like Kelsey too - to me she is the first one I think of when I think of the DCC so she's like their poster girl in my mind. I hope she sticks around for a long time.

Angela and Ashley N would be my retirement bets. Jinelle, Holly and Jacie too.

I'd like to see Sydney come back - does anyone think there's any chance at all at that happening? If it was just an issue w/ tryout/TC timing, maybe they'd take her back if the conflicts aren't there next season?

Cut/one and dones - Amy T - I think her weight is a huge issue - she seems much bigger than she was at TC and maybe they don't want to bench her cause of the patents and how smart she is, but I bet they talk to her and say you can't come back this heavy or you'll be cut. Chantel -and/or Stephanie seem like cut risks to me but I can't explain why. Maybe Simone too.

I think Cat will either leave on her own or will be welcome back for as long as she wants to be there. To me the social media vibe is that they like her a lot - I could be wrong though.

Edited by MyFavShows

I don't think Paige, Loren or Victoria will leave. I hope Kat doesn't leave! I don't think Chantel or Stephanie will be cut. Chantel has been around forever in the dallas cheerleading seen (mavs) and is really pretty. I think Kelsey needs to retire. It will be interesting to see who leaves. I really hope we get some dynamic personalities this year and they let us meet them!!!!

Victoria is getting married next year in June, so I could see her retiring. Will Kelli and Judy give her the time off to handle her wedding activities before and after her wedding during training camp even if she is a vet? A favorite vet may get away with it.

Victoria is getting married next year in June, so I could see her retiring. Will Kelli and Judy give her the time off to get married during training camp even if she is vet since they always say if you have a scheduling conflict in June do not try out.

Yeah, I honestly don't think she would have set her wedding date then if she was planning on coming back, so that's an almost positive retiree. Bummer because I like Victoria.

Oh, and my thoughts on rookie Holly are that she has bigger dance aspirations than DCC and that if a better opportunity comes up she'll be gone - if not, she'll stick around until it does. For instance, she tried out for SYTYCD before, and if that show has another season I bet she will again and if she'd make the top 20 she'd leave DCC in a heartbeat. Any other good dance company taking her would be the same thing - bye bye DCC.

She seems to have lost weight and that may have been holding her back for dance opportunities too, so she may have more options come season's end than she had last year.

These are just my speculations/thoughts based on what I've read here and from knowing dancers in general - it's just my opinion. I think that any girl who goes to the extent of homeschooling and driving over an hour each way to go to dance during high school wants more than just being a DCC. The DCC are very good and are the epitome of pro sports dancing, but there are much bigger things out there aspire to when someone is a serious dancer. She seems like she wants to be a serious dancer and the DCC is just a steppingstone to her.

I guess we'll see.

I'd like to see Sydney come back - does anyone think there's any chance at all at that happening? If it was just an issue w/ tryout/TC timing, maybe they'd take her back if the conflicts aren't there next season?

LOL not a chance.

Chantel has been around forever in the dallas cheerleading seen (mavs) and is really pretty. 

LOL yeah but..so what? I mean, we've seen pretty dancers get cut before. She's also tried out before; maybe she'll get outdanced again. We'll just have to see.

What about Kinzie? She is gorgeous and a great dancer and one of their poster girls this past year but otherwise I feel like we NEVER see her.  Maybe she is just one of the quieter ones who likes to be in the background but I just always forget about her.

Chantel may only do it one year if her bff Angela is retiring BUT she also started trying out for DCC like 5 years ago so she may want to stay as long as she can.

I'd be really surprised if Jacie retired. 

I think Rachel, Ashley, Angela and Holly will retire.  Maybe Victoria if she's getting married in June.  I'm sure there will be more.  

Vets cut, I have no idea.  Maybe Amy T for weight. I love Simone so I hope she stays.  

I think Jinelle will give it another year. I'm guessing that Ashley, Angela, Rachel, Victoria and Holly A. will retire this year.

Jacie will be point girl next season, with Jenn K and Jenna in the triangle.

I think Sydney has burned her bridges when it comes to DCC.

From what I read, she actually resigned and turned in her uniform early so that she could go to Atlanta to be in a movie about the Dallas Cowboys.   Movie not approved by the club.  Then she lost her job doing stadium tours, after which she auditioned for the Mavs.

Jennifer K your post and last few posts should probably be in the "Formers" thread.

"From what I read" = gossip and if anyone reads a description about that movie, it's focused on a war theme and football is the background. It's not a football movie. The book may be based on events associated with Cowboys, but the movie does not focus on Cowboys.

Jacie will be point girl next season, with Jenn K and Jenna in the triangle.

I think Sydney has burned her bridges when it comes to DCC.

I think she'll be too, but probably Jenn K and Kinzie as opposed to Jenna. I definitely don't think Sydney burned any bridges.

I don't see any evidence that Sydney left on bad terms, but I also don't think she'd try out again and make it back. Seven years is a long time, it ran it's course, and really don't think there's much drama there. 

I agree.

Jennifer K your post and last few posts should probably be in the "Formers" thread.

"From what I read" = gossip and if anyone reads a description about that movie, it's focused on a war theme and football is the background. It's not a football movie. The book may be based on events associated with Cowboys, but the movie does not focus on Cowboys.

Exactly.

Lets take the Sydney discussion to the Former DCCs thread. She is not a DCC anymore, and she has move on with her life. Posts discussing Sydney in this thread will be moved, deleted or hidden since the mods have ask more than once not to discuss her in the Current DCCs thread  since she left the team. Thank you.

No mention about Show Group going to visit troops and families this holiday season. There next home game is Saturday December 19th. Wonder who will be going.

One group of six will be visiting Japan and another group of six will visit Kuwait and Turkey.  Turkey doesn't sound like a good idea. No Dancing.

One group of six will be visiting Japan and another group of six will visit Kuwait and Turkey. Turkey doesn't sound like a good idea. No Dancing.

There's nothing wrong with Turkey. My family and I lived in Turkey for two years and traveled all over the country. I'm sure the DCC's will have a great experience there.

Simone made her IG public, at least for now! I always feel weird asking the ones who are private if I can follow so I’m glad to see a bit of Simone’s life.  WOW, she is seriously so gorgeous, probably one of the prettiest on the squad right now, and she has a number of dance videos from high school.  I think she can be fun to watch but like Kitty said, she doesn’t always hit things as hard as she needs to.  I would love to see her performing on the field and if she’s improved?  I hope she is more than a one year girl, she seems so sweet.

I also had no idea she was such an awesome tumbler!!

https://www.instagram.com/simonecollett/

Simone made her IG public, at least for now! I always feel weird asking the ones who are private if I can follow so I’m glad to see a bit of Simone’s life. WOW, she is seriously so gorgeous, probably one of the prettiest on the squad right now, and she has a number of dance videos from high school. I think she can be fun to watch but like Kitty said, she doesn’t always hit things as hard as she needs to. I would love to see her performing on the field and if she’s improved? I hope she is more than a one year girl, she seems so sweet.

I also had no idea she was such an awesome tumbler!!

https://www.instagram.com/simonecollett/

Thanks for posting. Her tumbling technique is superb - it would not suprise me if she has a competitive gymnastics background at a younger age cause you don't usually see backhandsprings that good out of girls that have only danced and cheered. Her dancing is good, but like I usually think, some more ballet would make her much better - she has good upper body positioning, but she needs more extension on her legs and feet - I guess you don't really need that as much for the DCC game style though, but I bet it hurts her chances for show group.

She is definitely a beautiful girl.

• Love 1

Wedding webpage for Victoria, 2 year vet. Paige is a bridesmaid

https://www.theknot.com/us/victoria-carriere-and-mario-dimattia-jun-2016

Aw, thanks for sharing...I like Victoria, though we know so little of her and I don't think I've seen pictures of her guy before.  She only just started posting on IG the past couple of months and it's so half hearted lol  I wonder if Kelli was like, please post something for the fans! haha I kind of like that she isn't into the 'celebrity' side of it.  No idea she and Paige were so close...though I'm not POSITIVE it's the same Paige.  Isn't DCC Paige like Cavalieri or something?

Edited by LaurenBrook

Aw, thanks for sharing...I like Victoria, though we know so little of her and I don't think I've seen pictures of her guy before.  She only just started posting on IG the past couple of months and it's so half hearted lol  I wonder if Kelli was like, please post something for the fans! haha I kind of like that she isn't into the 'celebrity' side of it.  No idea she and Paige were so close...though I'm not POSITIVE it's the same Paige.  Isn't DCC Paige like Cavalieri or something?

Paige Cavalieri is DCC Paige

Edited by MrsEVH

I think Jenn K would be a great Pro Bowl candidate. She's such a dynamic performer, a great teacher/leader, and SO well spoken. She doesn't seem to be loved on this forum, but she doesn't seem to be hated either. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, the only complaints I've seen here is that that Kelli and Judy seemed to give her a prime spot in the formation and group leader earlier in her career than expected. Am I missing something? I just think she's great and would be such a perfect representation of the DCC at the pro bowl.

• Love 1

I think Jenn K would be a great Pro Bowl candidate. She's such a dynamic performer, a great teacher/leader, and SO well spoken. She doesn't seem to be loved on this forum, but she doesn't seem to be hated either. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, the only complaints I've seen here is that that Kelli and Judy seemed to give her a prime spot in the formation and group leader earlier in her career than expected. Am I missing something? I just think she's great and would be such a perfect representation of the DCC at the pro bowl.

Oh I agree - I really like her and think she is a great DCC rep! Every time I see her speak it's clear why they love her so much.  Just so poised and personable without being fake. I think the only gripe I've heard about her is that she came across snotty when she talked about the show group being for the 'elite' on the squad but honestly it's probably Kelli putting those words into her mouth.  Overall she seems like a team player.

I think she will get to be pro bowl at some point but I'd be shocked if it was this year. I think she still has another year in the DCC. I'd be super surprised if she retired this year! I could also seem them keeping her on though as an assistant choreographer like they did with Megan Fox.  She's already a dance teacher and they love her style.

• Love 1

I think the ProBowl choice this year will be Jacie.  Just a feeling.

I find Jen K a bit arrogant with her words when she is on camera.  I don't think she means to be, it just comes off that way to me. I think that has been the criticism on this board.

I think Pro Bowl girl will be Holly or Jacie.  I love Danielle but I really don't believe Judy has ever thought she was a good dancer.  She was in the back of the formation for several years.  Holly & Jacie are both powerhouses and favorites (with good reason).