Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Are we sure everyone who wasn't at the swimsuit shoot is retiring? I thought one of the DCC's wedding was in March, and that several of the DCCs went. I can't imagine Kelli and Judy would insist the DCCs who went to the wedding and didn't do the Swimsuit shoot had to retire. Anyway, I'm hoping there isn't a wholesale retiring of Vets, leaving only 12 or 14 returning. That would be so sad.

Really? I would think they would. As a Vet, they've been to the swimsuit shoot more than once. Considering these Vets probably 3 or 4 times. A friend gets married only once (at least there's only a "first time" once!). I'd go to the wedding if it were me and the bride was a close friend.

• Love 1

I honestly think the retirees are obvious at this point, but just wait a month and you'll see all the goodbye pics at the end of year banquet. Or, wait about 6 weeks for auditions and you will know for sure. :)

ETA: I'm following #DCCTulum and love seeing the BTS shots and getting to hear the girls' voices (humanizes them). The trip looks like tons of fun. I have an upcoming vacation and following theirs is making me even more excited for my own.

Edited by pink317

At this point it looks like only 12 Vets are returning this year, with most of those (8?) being 2014 Rookies. That's gonna make a weak foundation for a new 2015 squad. Guess it's a rebuilding year in the ultimate sense.

There are more than 12 girls in Mexico right now. Next year, there will be seven upper vets (4yr+) of which only two have not been on show group. I was on team negative at first after hearing most of the exceptionally talented girls (show group and group leaders) were retiring but I think it will be okay with Holly and Jacie at the helm. Some of the other future 4 year vets like Jenna are really strong, too, and have shown leadership potential (I'm sure others have but we saw Jenna on MTT9). Jenn K. who hasn't even completed a year as a vet is really strong and shows great leadership as well. I think all will be well. And even if it is a 'weak' year, the only folks that would know would be us super fans. Most people just think of them as one dancing pom waving entity and will be impressed with whatever they put out there.

Coming back:

5 years: Holly

4 years: Danielle, Jacie, Jenna, Kinzie, Kelsey, Jessica and Jasmine

3 years: Ashley N, Jen K, Jinelle, Paige, RAchel

2 years: Ashley Pro; Breelan, Calia, Erica, Lacey, Loren, Melissa, Mary Victoria

Courtney: maybe yes, maybe no

Is this correct?

• Love 2

Coming back:

5 years: Holly

4 years: Danielle, Jacie, Jenna, Kinzie, Kelsey, Jessica and Jasmine

3 years: Ashley N, Jen K, Jinelle, Paige, RAchel

2 years: Ashley Pro; Breelan, Calia, Erica, Lacey, Loren, Melissa, Mary Victoria

Courtney: maybe yes, maybe no

Is this correct?

Ah, forgot Jessica Marie in my count of upper vets. That makes eight upper vets next year! Even better.

Well, Melissa, Victoria, Lacey and Mary have some excellent dance skills. Victoria, Lacey and Melissa are already in the dance squad. (forgot the name) 

I'm hoping to see Alexandra return to training camp this year. I really liked her.  Maybe Toby will get on the squad this year...

I wonder if Melissa Rycroft will return to mentor. I liked most of her mentoring last year.

Edited by Kaedee

Well, Melissa, Victoria, Lacey and Mary have some excellent dance skills. Victoria, Lacey and Melissa are already in the dance squad. (forgot the name) 

I'm hoping to see Alexandra return to training camp this year. I really liked her.  Maybe Toby will get on the squad this year...

I wonder if Melissa Rycroft will return to mentor. I liked most of her mentoring last year.

Alexandra is pregnant so she  probably won't be auditioning  this year.   Who is Toby?

Thoughts on Vet/Rookie of the Year?

Rookie: Melissa but maybe Lacey or Erica?

Vet: Sydney, Nicole, Holly, Emma or Britney. It would be nice if Brittney got it.

I'm hoping to see Alexandra return to training camp this year. I really liked her. Maybe Toby will get on the squad this year...

Do you mean Chandler? I don't know if I could come back after being told I look like a grandma!

show group , and you are confusing erica with victoria 

You're right - I meant Erica! :)

Do you mean Chandler? I don't know if I could come back after being told I look like a grandma!

No, I was going back even further than the 2014 auditions. There was a blond girl that had made it to finals a couple of times. I think she would have made a good DCC but she could never get over that hump to get into TC. I think her name was Toby.

Anyway, with so many Vets retiring, that leaves the door open wider for newbies, those who probably wouldn't have made it in past years when openings were fewer.  I wonder if Mallory will try out again. 

And Alexandra is pregnant? That's too bad! (I mean, for her DCC aspirations.) I think she would have made the squad this year, especially with so many positions opening up.

• Love 1

You're right - I meant Erica! :)

No, I was going back even further than the 2014 auditions. There was a blond girl that had made it to finals a couple of times. I think she would have made a good DCC but she could never get over that hump to get into TC. I think her name was Toby.

Anyway, with so many Vets retiring, that leaves the door open wider for newbies, those who probably wouldn't have made it in past years when openings were fewer.  I wonder if Mallory will try out again. 

And Alexandra is pregnant? That's too bad! (I mean, for her DCC aspirations.) I think she would have made the squad this year, especially with so many positions opening up.

I was wondering the same thing about Mallory, I think she has great potential. I always wondered why on MTT9 they didn't offer Mallory any extra help with making the team, I think with a little help from Melissa she would have possibly made the team. I wonder if it bothers Mallory that two all of her friends made it last year and she didn't.  I follow Mallory on Instagram and she has been attending prep classes for her current team the Texas Star Dancers.

I agree, I was also hoping that Alexandria would return but she is have a baby.

Does anyone know when the end of the year banquet is this year?

Really? I would think they would. As a Vet, they've been to the swimsuit shoot more than once. Considering these Vets probably 3 or 4 times. A friend gets married only once (at least there's only a "first time" once!). I'd go to the wedding if it were me and the bride was a close friend.

I see your point. However, I know from watching the show that Kelli always says how important the schedule is and if you miss something you are off the team. They are given the schedule at the beginning of TC. It does not seem like K&J give the Vets any special treatment, they actually hold them to a higher standard.

I'd like to know when the end of the year  banquet is too, so we can see finally who will be coming back.  Does anyone remember Miranda from Seattle? I don't remember seeing her try out last year, but I saw her the 3 or 4 years before that. I thought she was good. I wonder if she's given up or is cheering somewhere else. Anyone know?

You know, the rookie class of 2011 is almost all gone, with most of the last retiring this year. All for one, I guess,

I wish the girls did the blogs like they used to cause I have some important questions like: what do they have to pack?  What kind of diet do they have to follow while they are there - can they splurge once their shoot is over?  How do they avoid getting sunburned?  You know inquiring (and bored) minds want to know:)  But it's also why I watched the original two hour show - cause I like that behind the scenes kind of stuff.

• Love 1

I'd like to know when the end of the year  banquet is too, so we can see finally who will be coming back.  Does anyone remember Miranda from Seattle? I don't remember seeing her try out last year, but I saw her the 3 or 4 years before that. I thought she was good. I wonder if she's given up or is cheering somewhere else. Anyone know?

You know, the rookie class of 2011 is almost all gone, with most of the last retiring this year. All for one, I guess,

Miranda was a Dallas R&B dancer for the 2013-14 season but did not audition for the 2014-15 season. She auditioned for the Mavs dancers last summer (2014) and made it to TC but not the team.

Wasn't she a Sea Gal at some point too?

She was a Sea Gal for 4 seasons (2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010).

I found a 2007 video of the SG auditions with her in it. Her hair was very short that I almost didn't recognize her.

Edited by MrsEVH

I honestly think the only thing that held Miranda back from DCC (and DMD) was age. She was constantly praised by Kitty.

She looks AMAZING but I can't see DCC having a 38 year old cheerleader.

Wow, Miranda is 38 years old? If someone looked that good at 35-38 I don't see why the DCC wouldn't be pleased to have her.  Just, wow.

Though age is one of the reasons I think Brittany Shram is leaving.  She'll be 31 or 32 this year (I think), and it gets a lot harder to keep your body that skinny when you're in your 30's. I think she had just turned 26 the time they featured her when she made it to TC but got cut. So that put her at 27 when she made the team. She's been there 4 years so she should be 31 this year.  She probably wants to start a family!

The DCC fashion show is being live tweeted from the Cowboys Cheerleaders account or you can follow #DCCTulum. They opened with Loud. The picture isn't straight on but 99% sure Jenn K. has moved to up to Emma's place in the triangle as predicted.

Has Paige always been that tiny? Isn't she one that has been called out for weight in the past? She's looking tinier than usual to me.

Jacie has got some guns and some quads! She could easily transition to the world of fitness championships or bodybuilding after DCC (not saying she looks like a bodybuilder, but I think she has the build and body to go there easily if she wanted).

• Love 1

Huh, Paige does look super tiny. I just rewatched season nine a few days ago and I thought she looked the puffiest out of all the girls called out, especially in the face. Good for her for getting back in shape, but she looks like she's bordering on too thin. Maybe it's just the pictures.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

First of all last fashion Emma was the point and didn't end up happening when football season started i really hope Kelsey or Kinzie in the triangle

All the girls dance in the triangle so not sure what you mean. Re: Emma dancing point....last year they tested several girls as always when the point retires. Holly is still there assuming she makes it through TC (she will).

Edited by pink317

A few of the girls have tattoos which is a surprise as you wouldn't think any of them would due to Kelli not being much of a fan. I know Paige has 3 tattoos; one on her wrist, one on her foot and one on her ribs. I know that Jennifer Kathryne has a star on her foot. Ashley Marie has a star on her wrist. I'm not sure if anyone else has any or not but they are who I know of.

I didn't realise they were planning a music video while on the Mexico shoot. I hope we get to see it once it's completed. I wonder what song they music video will be to?

Paige is not her original audition size. I'm rewatching season 8 right now and she looks better there than I think she does now. There's definitely a happy medium between her weight now and her weight gain in season 9. I'm not saying she looks bad at all, but when looking through her Twitter it was noticeable how much smaller she looks.

• Love 1

A few of the girls have tattoos which is a surprise as you wouldn't think any of them would due to Kelli not being much of a fan. I know Paige has 3 tattoos; one on her wrist, one on her foot and one on her ribs. I know that Jennifer Kathryne has a star on her foot. Ashley Marie has a star on her wrist. I'm not sure if anyone else has any or not but they are who I know of.

I remember 2 girls with tattoos that Kelli wasn't thrilled about. Melissa Rycroft season 1 (2006) had one on her back and Ashley Kelly season 4 (2009) also had one on her back that her mom tried to cover up with some kind of fabric paint. A couples of seasons later,  I remember Kelli saying "I hate tattoos" during one of the uniform fittings.

I wonder if Vivian will tryout again this year lol

I don't think she'll  audition for the DCC again but I can see her auditioning for the Mavs again. Since two of her former Ice Angels teammates made the DS Ice girls maybe she'll audition for them too. I wonder if Courtney (bring it on) will audition for the DCC again or stay with the Ice girls.

I can't speak to Paige's situation at all but my friends and I will sometimes overdo it on the weight loss by 3-5 lbs as a 'cushion' of sorts so when a few pounds come back on, we still feel good overall.

No Vivian! I don't dislike her like most but sometimes you have to just let go and move on. DCC does not want her.

I wonder if Collin will audition? She dropped weight and has been posting about being back in the dance scene.

Oh please no more Vivian 2 years with her was more than enough and even if she came back I'm pretty sure she wouldn't get on the squad anyway. She was cut same time both years for reasons.

I've noticed Collin seems to be doing more dancing and she is at good weight for DCCs again, so she might be trying to audition again. It would be interesting if she did. Her last solo was pretty awful though so she would have to have a really good solo to get back on.

• Love 1

I liked Vivian and felt bad she kind of torpedo'd her 2nd chance at being a DCC. Her transformation from pretty to sultry for S9 did her in, as she kept staring at herself in mirrors, seemed to think she had it in the bag from the get-go. In S9 she didn't listen to Kitty when Kitty said her solo sucked, she didn't do the jump-splits the entire TC until the end, then said, "Guess its time to go all out" or something like that.  I said to myself, you haven't been going all out the entire TC?  The inappropriate laughs, comments (am I supposed to have fun?), then the crazy miles-long poem... Why would she think that was a good idea? It's like she seemed to think she was a shoo-in and completely lost all sense of perspective. I think she would have been a good DCC if she hadn't lost her head.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 2

Oh please no more Vivian 2 years with her was more than enough and even if she came back I'm pretty sure she wouldn't get on the squad anyway. She was cut same time both years for reasons.

I've noticed Collin seems to be doing more dancing and she is at good weight for DCCs again, so she might be trying to audition again. It would be interesting if she did. Her last solo was pretty awful though so she would have to have a really good solo to get back on.

I don't think she'll come back for a 3rd time. If she does, she probably wouldn't make it to TC this time.

I think (I hope) Kelli and Judy they learned their lesson with the whole Meagan Flaherty debacle.

Would be nice to see Collin come back. In the last 5 seasons I don't recall any cut vets come back to audition again this next year.

Paige is not her original audition size. I'm rewatching season 8 right now and she looks better there than I think she does now. There's definitely a happy medium between her weight now and her weight gain in season 9. I'm not saying she looks bad at all, but when looking through her Twitter it was noticeable how much smaller she looks.

Look at her original audition finals picture and how she looks now. She looks the same now..only difference now is that she's a bit more toned. 

Edited by LadyMsJay

Note from mod: I have started a Spoilers and Speculation thread for this year's auditions starting on May 2nd.. Please use the Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation thread for discussion about this year's auditions, training camp, who will or will not be trying out, etc. etc.  Any news about Season 10 will be posted in the thread also.

Also please remember this thread is for current DCCs. Any discussion about why a former DCC was cut, please take the discussion to the Former DCCs or Former Seasons threads.  Thank you.

Look at her original audition finals picture and how she looks now. She looks the same now..only difference now is that she's a bit more toned.

Agree to disagree. I'm watching season 8 right now and she doesn't look the same. She's thinner everywhere now, even her face.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1