Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

With Holly retiring, who is likely to be this year's 50 yard line girl?  Jennifer K?

That's what we've been debating. A lot of us think Jenn K.

Melissa is one of the most technical dancers on the team. She's pretty. She's very smart.

I absolutely do think her slightly bigger and squarer body affects the decision to put her at point. The girl at point always has a very photogenic body and there are others slightly more ideal than Melissa. I think this may also harm Danielle and Jenna in the point decision.

Also - the few speaking moments have seen with Melissa - there's something not quite as appriachabel, maybe slight arrogance?, that I don't get from some of the others.

Also - the I

We don't have to like every girl on the squad, but giving credit where credit is due isn't such a far out concept. Personally, Holly P bugs the heck out of me - but I'm not going to deny she's an amazing dancer. I don't like her over-the-top style sometimes, but I don't remotely deny she's an incredible dancer with loads of skill. I didn't like Ally Traylor either, but don't deny her dance skill.  Just wondered why Melissa is so often dismissed for her skills. *shrugs*

Thanks for everyone who weighed in with some Melissa love! It's good to see! :)

(edited)

I absolutely do think her slightly bigger and squarer body affects the decision to put her at point. The girl at point always has a very photogenic body and there are others slightly more ideal than Melissa. I think this may also harm Danielle and Jenna in the point decision.

Melissa doesn't have an hour-glass figure, and I hope that doesn't hinder getting a spot she deserves.

Danielle has a shapely body, but is she a good enough dancer to earn point? The show doesn't feature the Vets very often, though Kelli called her out as a favorite solo once. I thought Danielle was a strong, middle-of-the-road dancer. Same with Jenna, I guess.

I never got that Melissa was remotely arrogant. In fact, the show never hardly showed her at all, even when she was a Rookie. The only sound bite from her I remember was one where she said something like the competition was stiff and anyone could go home.  Plus she helped Megan with her solo. Guess it just shows that individual perceptions are just that - individual. :)

Edited by Kaedee

Melissa doesn't have an hour-glass figure, and I hope that doesn't hinder getting a spot she deserves.

Danielle has a shapely body, but is she a good enough dancer to earn point? The show doesn't feature the Vets very often, though Kelli called her out as a favorite solo once. I thought Danielle was a strong, middle-of-the-road dancer. Same with Jenna, I guess.

I never got that Melissa was remotely arrogant. In fact, the show never hardly showed her at all, even when she was a Rookie. The only sound bite from her I remember was one where she said something like the competition was stiff and anyone could go home.  Plus she helped Megan with her solo. Guess it just shows that individual perceptions are just that - individual. :)

I think she and Megan know one another from the dance champions world.  I don't think it's arrogance but there is something that is less approachable and less "chemistry" if you will.  She's got mad skills and I don't think anyone is dissing or dismissing that.  The girl is a beautiful dancer and has a nice face.  For me at least, she's just missing that "wow" it-factor ... whatever that is.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Ally Traylor was point, wasn't she? She didn't remotely fit the glamour girl stereotype.

I think she and Megan know one another from the dance champions world.  I don't think it's arrogance but there is something that is less approachable and less "chemistry" if you will.  She's got mad skills and I don't think anyone is dissing or dismissing that.  The girl is a beautiful dancer and has a nice face.  For me at least, she's just missing that "wow" it-factor ... whatever that is.

Yes, Melissa knew Megan, and I get what you're saying. Melissa isn't as much the outgoing, cheerleadery type. She isn't as outgoing as some, though that's hard for me to determine, as the show never really highlighted her at all, not even in her Rookie year.  Guess I'm saying she doesn't have to be totally outgoing for her skills as a dancer to be recognized, and that's what she gets dismissed for here on the board a lot - her dancing. 

I'm not saying everyone has to like her. We all like different people for different reasons. But her skill as a dancer has been widely touted by Kelli, Judy and Kitty. So I guess I was just wondering why when we're discussing Point or PB, or something, she gets dismissed. 

Edited by Kaedee

I don't remember Kelli calling out Danielle for favorite solo. Danielle is a good performer, but I do not see her as point girl. Ally was not a point girl. Nicole Hamilton, Crystal and Whitney were point girls when Ally was on the team. I can see Melissa being closer to the front of team triangle this year, but I do not see her as point girl next season.

(edited)

While I still personally don't think there's any question that Jenn K will be point next year, I personally think that if someone from Melissa's class were chosen as point in the future it would be Erica. They are both amazing dancers, but I have to agree that Erica has the look for being point in terms of face and body. Melissa is gorgeous but doesn't have the typical DCC body (I think her body is bangin but you guys know what I mean). I wouldn't be surprised to see Erica as point in 2017. ETA -- or 2018. I forgot Jenn K is only going into her fourth year and there's a good chance she'll stay around for five.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

If we are placing bets....

I bet Jen K is point -- it just makes sense, she is the only point of this year's triangle left. She's a great dancer, if not what I would call a glamour girl.

Danielle goes to pro bowl. She is clearly one of Kelli's favorites, always gets calendar, was voted by fans to last year's Star Magazine swimsuit cover which I assume translates to fan favorite. Kelli and Judy make the ultimate call, and I think they will rationalize that Jenn K is point and will be back for the 5th year and can be Pro Bowl then.

• Love 1

Was Danielle always in the calendar? The girls get to vote for who is Pro Bowl Girl. I think Pro Bowl would be between Danielle, Jenna and Jennifer. I would like to see who will be behind the point girl this year. I am trying to think of who was behind Holly, Jacie and Jennifer this past season.

(edited)

I don't get the calendars, and haven't ever voted in one till last year. I think Danielle was in the last 2 (obviously LY, since she was the cover), but can't be sure on the 2nd.

I hope Danielle gets PB, cause I don't think she's going to be point.but who knows what's gonna happen!

Edited by Kaedee
(edited)

I'm not sure who was behind Jacie and Jennifer this year, but I think Kinzie was center and directly behind Holly until her injury.

Edited by Slate

Danielle has really gone on to great things as a DCC after her last minute rescue invitation to TC a couple of years ago. I wonder if now of all times, in a squad low on tenure, K looks back on that decision and is soooooo freaking glad!

(edited)

I don't get the calendars, and haven't ever voted in one till last year. I think Danielle was in the last 2 (obviously LY, since she was the cover), but can't be sure on the 2nd.

I hope Danielle gets PB, cause I don't think she's going to be point.but who knows what's gonna happen!

Pretty sure year before last was Samantha but last year was Danielle. (On the cover that is.)

ETA read again and realized you didn't mean on the cover both times, lol. I believe she was in the calendar year before last as well.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

I was thinking that Erica and Melissa were behind Jennifer and Jacie... I think one or both of them will move up to right behind Jennifer.  Jenna is going to be somewhere near the front though too!! 

Melissa never has come across as arrogant at all to me. She seems perfectly humble, nice and well spoken - also very pretty and I don't see anything wrong w/ her body at all (and I am the first one to cry "to heavy to be a DCC"). My only issue w/ her is that she's just not "hot" or sexy like the other DCC are.

She'd make a good PB representative though, just like Jenn K would. In fact, I feel almost the same exact way about Jenn K as I do Melissa - great dancer, pretty, smart, well-spoken, etc., but just not hot.

• Love 1
(edited)

If that's her solo, she's not gonna make it back.

It's a prep class, not her solo. There's two girls doing the same thing next to her

Edited by dccfan37

Smplsimon I agree with you as it was not really what the music seemed to demand-too lyrical. Some of those in the class filming really don't look like the type of candidates needed.

Well regardless of whether they're needed or not, they paid for the class and have every right to be there. More power to them for putting themselves out there. I couldn't do it.

I think Kat is going to be just fine personally. That's clearly not her solo but she sure does have some nice lines.

I think Kat looked great - choreo obviously didn't match the song, but she has great technique and what looks like naturally amazing feet. And her flexibilty and placement when doing kicks and leg moves is exceptional.

She'd probably clean up at dance competitions doing lyrical style dances. I'm sure she's not the most powerful dancer, but wow, she certainly has talent.

• Love 2

Reminder: One of the main rules on PTV is be civil. If you cannot be civil, please do not post on here. If someone post something on here that you do not agree with or makes you upset or angry, I suggest using the ignore button feature, send a PM to one of the mods or send a report to the report center. Thank you.

Interesting - kat as a brunette. And apparently she can juggle. Hidden talents, lol

Kat-SMALL-c3F1YXJlX3RodW1iLW4tbi0wLTAtMC

I really like Kat as a brunette - better than as a blond, actually. I think it makes her look younger ... unless this was when she was younger, then never mind! lol

• Love 2

Wow Kat should think about going back to brunette . She looks really cute there. I do like the shorter length of hair on her, though. Same as when Makenzie Lee cut her har hair shorter. WWhne you have what look like fine, straight, blonde hair, when it gets too long, it just looks thing. Kat's hair looks much fuller and bouncier..From the looks of the other people in the prep class, Kat is just getting in as much pratice and prep as he can. She does have great work ethic and flexibility. She's getting more powerful. I hope she does come back. 

• Love 1

Maybe it's because her rookie year is over, Kat looks happy and confident in her recent Instagram. In MTT we always got her "concerned/concentrating face" which was not as flattering to her facial features.

Totally Team Kat this year, I'd be surprised if she didn't make it!

• Love 2

Check out Kat's IMDB, there is several pics of her as a brunette (IMO she is stunning as a brunette and blonde) and she starred in "Sonny with a chance" as a cheerleader and "Make it or break it" as a Romanian gymnast. She was also in two episodes of "Disaster date"! "Chuck" and "MADtv" too lol

Edited by NicoleS9954

Jessica was at a Justin Bieber Concert with Kat, Erica, Jenna and former DCCs (Jacie and Kinzie). Also seemingly a Mavs dancer(Raegan Schmotzer, I think I spot?).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEDBsBGkLW0/?taken-by=jessicamarie127&hl=en

Erica is wearing Sun Lovin' Roots, looks like they had a whale of a time. Love Kat's shorter hair, they all look great. Raegan isn't in this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BED7bQtELSz/?taken-by=jessicamarie127&hl=en

She resembles Simone very much IMO here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD8cAaQELbO/?taken-by=jessicamarie127&hl=en

Edited by NicoleS9954

Jessica was at a Justin Bieber Concert with Kat, Erica, Jenna and former DCCs (Jacie and Kinzie). Also seemingly a Mavs dancer(Raegan Schmotzer, I think I spot?).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEDBsBGkLW0/?taken-by=jessicamarie127&hl=en

Erica is wearing Sun Lovin' Roots, looks like they had a whale of a time. Love Kat's shorter hair, they all look great. Raegan isn't in this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BED7bQtELSz/?taken-by=jessicamarie127&hl=en

She resembles Simone very much IMO here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD8cAaQELbO/?taken-by=jessicamarie127&hl=en

Kat looks really cute in those photos - the shorter hair looks nice (less stringy looking). They all look beautiful, but I think the girl all the way on the right (must be the Mavs dancer) is dressed pretty trashy in comparison to the others - I know it's a concert, but when you got a body like that, I think it's taking a little too far to wear a tight spandex clubbing dress and 6 inch heels.

Wow Kat should think about going back to brunette . She looks really cute there. I do like the shorter length of hair on her, though. Same as when Makenzie Lee cut her har hair shorter. WWhne you have what look like fine, straight, blonde hair, when it gets too long, it just looks thing. Kat's hair looks much fuller and bouncier..From the looks of the other people in the prep class, Kat is just getting in as much pratice and prep as he can. She does have great work ethic and flexibility. She's getting more powerful. I hope she does come back. 

I really hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I disagree. The brown hair makes her look..trailer park-ish. Like..pretty ordinary. Nothing special.

MyFavShows, on 11 Apr 2016 - 3:06 PM, said:

Kat looks really cute in those photos - the shorter hair looks nice (less stringy looking). They all look beautiful, but I think the girl all the way on the right (must be the Mavs dancer) is dressed pretty trashy in comparison to the others - I know it's a concert, but when you got a body like that, I think it's taking a little too far to wear a tight spandex clubbing dress and 6 inch heels.

I think they all look great too but IA that Raegan's dress is very short and everyone else is dressed more casual.

I really hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I disagree. The brown hair makes her look..trailer park-ish. Like..pretty ordinary. Nothing special.

I think Kat looks much better blonde too - makes her pop and stand out more - she's petite and thin and needs that extra "flashiness", if that makes sense. The brown hair just makes her blend. My opinion is she never would have made the cut w/ the judges at auditions if her hair wasn't that bright blonde.

• Love 1

If that's her solo, she's not gonna make it back.

Lol ... I don't think it's her solo.  I think Kat seems sweet and she obviously tries hard and as an athlete she knows how to make corrections. She may be a good lyrical dancer but there's something weak and too ehhhhh about her dancing.  Definitely no "cheer" pop effect and no wow factor.  I  would be annoyed seeing her lingering moves with her hands when dancing a DCC dance.  But I do think Kelli and the girls like her.

• Love 1

I disagree with liking her as a blonde. I saw her IMDB and she looks so good with brown. She doesn't look like a DCC with brown though, maybe that's why she has it blonde now.

Looks like the swimsuit calendar shoot will be from 4/13 to 4/27. The girls must have very understanding bosses, co-workers, and college instructors to take off for two weeks for the shoot.

Wow that's a very long time...and it's finals for colleges right now too.

The girls probably fly over in stages. One group for the first week, another group later on. I can't imagine everyone would be able to get off for 2 weeks. Though many girls are probably students, so might have the time off anyway.

I could be wrong, but the girls usually fly over to the shoot area together, and Judy and Kelli and crew fly ahead to sit up things. The girls may not stay the whole two weeks, but I think Kelli and Judy and a few calendar shoot crew members stay behind to decide who will make the twelve month calendar.

I sent a tweet to Judy about how long the girls will be at the calendar shoot. She said the girls will be there for ten days, and Judy and Kelli will be there for sixteen days. She has been great about answering my questions.

The photographer they use, Jeremy Shelby is already there scouting locations so Kelli and Judy might be there already as well.