Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E24: Return of the Minis

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The minis perform a beauty-pageant-themed dance; and the elites feel pressured to pull off a tribute to Prince.  Later, Abby pits JoJo and Brynn against Kendall and Nia, but Kendall's left without a partner when Nia falls ill.

I thought the minis did a great job on their dance - so cute and such flexibility. Tiffany is my new most hated mom. What a piece of work.

Abby had better stop using that chair as a walker or she will find it rolling away from her when she most needs it, and wind up flat on her face.

• Love 1

I'd love to know what she had surgery for having worked for an orthopedist who's specialty was knees - she probably only had a meniscal tear since she was back so soon - but most people are up and walking with just a little soreness the next day. Seeing how her knee was swollen - she must not have kept the weight off and knee elevated so the swelling could go down.

I agree that Tiffany is my least favorite mom - although as much as I like Ariana - I hate Sara's hair - reminds me of a cross between Elvira and Cindy Lauper - not becoming to me. My favorite of the minis right now is Peyton - she's such a cute little girl.

Liked all the dances but Kendall was messing up big time in the group routine - first to have the cape off, then she did an extra lunge - planned or not when everyone else was in the line standing still - leaped forward too far and landed on the cape - couldn't get the cape around herself at the end. The other girls did wonderful but Kendall is a hot mess.

Why do the Minis and their horrible moms have to return?  I already have my seat reserved in Hell, so I don't care how shallow or mean this is; the mini girls are (on the whole) not so cute & the moms are some of the most unattractive women on TV.  Don't know the names, won't learn the names but 2 dental related things really jumped out;

* the little dark haired mini who mentioned how she deserved the crown b/c she battled food poisoning...her mom should stop allowing her to drink coffee/tea/cola or whatever the hell is yellowing her teeth.  The red lipstick only accentuated it.

* the mom with the half gray mop on her head...maybe think about putting some of your false eyelash, manicure, and extension kit money into a dental account for fixing that chasm between your front teeth.

Why were the mini moms wearing crowns from Party City?  Their kids were supposed to be in a staged pageant routine, not the moms.  I don't attend dance competitions, but is it normal for moms and family members to play dress up with accessories to match their kids' dance?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ratings are in and WOW!  727K viewers and a .24 rating.  That's quite the drop.

I know I'm over this show. The only reason I'm still watching is that my daughter still wants to watch so we watch it together. I guess the Maddie fans made up for quite a bit of the viewership and now that she's gone so are they. Also maybe some people aren't that interested in the mini's and watching Abby still out walking around while continuously getting away with pushing back her sentencing. I'm looking forward to December to when she'll actually have to pay the piper so to speak. Hopefully she doesn't get celebrity treatment in court. 

I have a question about the last two episodes. How many minutes do they run? I live in Canada and Lifetime Canada is cutting them off at the one hour mark to start the next show they air so I have missed the ending of the last two episodes. I know I'm not really missing that much but I was wondering how much I did actually miss lol. Is next weeks also going to be more than an hour on the tv schedules in the US? It would be nice if Lifetime Canada could get their act together and figure it out so that we could see it all! 

51 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yikes, I see why the producers are bringing back Cathy and the Candy Apples next season and cut out the mini team. The ratings are dropping fast.

17 hours ago, renatae said:

I thought the minis did a great job on their dance - so cute and such flexibility. Tiffany is my new most hated mom. What a piece of work.

Abby had better stop using that chair as a walker or she will find it rolling away from her when she most needs it, and wind up flat on her face.

If Tiffany Alexis's mom? The one with long blonde hair who was sure her daughter would be the "winner?" Then turned around and said it didn't matter who won? Yeah, I hate her too. I thought the mini dance was cute. 

I think the standout girl was the one who made those hilarious faces when she "lost." Abby basically said that when she said she wanted her to lose because she was so great at it.

The standout from the elite's team is Kalani. She was the one who came into the duet late and she looked the best in it, my eyes are always going to her. The JoJo/Brynn duet was good too. I actually agree with Abby's reasoning about how she partnered them because they have the opposite strengths/weaknesses.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Someone should tell Abby so she can stop talking about the millions of fans they have.

• Love 1

Lifetime often goes over, my DVD always cuts out the end. So maybe they changed the official listing to match what they air?

Lots of networks start/stop shows at 1 minute after the hour....it's a ratings thing because they use the extra minute for commercials and can charge advertisers the rate for for the higher show.

The minis are very talented and loved their group dance! They're flexibility and technique is impressive too. They're better actors than some of the elite team. (cough "Kendall' cough)

The mini moms were irritating. And fighting an entire episode over a stupid $2 plastic crown? Give me a break! Also, their "fight" in the parking lot felt so scripted and fake. Cringe...

Tiffany is super annoying. I wanted to reach in the TV and slap her. I don't understand why she was making such a big deal out of being in the back room. And she tried to make it seem like she was so brave because she stood up for herself....it's a freaking room girl get it together lady. Ugh .... just shut up and let your kid's dancing prove herself damn it.

Ari's mom Sari looks like a freak show. The Bride of Frankenstein hair, clown makeup, giant gap in her teeth, fake eyelashes. Yuck!

The elite group dance was meh and Kendall was a hot mess, the choreography is stale and boring at this point.

Edited by MoonWalker
  • Love 2

That is a very weird length of time for the show to run. So basically in Canada they've been cutting out just over a half an hour of the show. So dumb. Why show it at all if they're going to cut off 1/3 of the show. I guess the network is just as much of a hot mess as the show! Haha

I really like having the minis in the show - the kids that is - I think it brings a lot of new life into the programme and it was fun this week watching two GOOD group dances, both mini and teen. I think it's a real real shame the producers decided to axe them. Perhaps they decided to because their mum's arguments are so very clearly staged and fake... whether because the producers are telling them to do that or they've decided for themselves to make drama and stay on the show. "Hope you trip and fall on your face!"..... really?

Goodness me, that mum who thought her daughter 'stole the show' really needs to stop.

• Love 2

It's completely bizarre to me that a psychologist would put her practice on hold to pursue her seven year old child's "career".  A psychologist undergoes many years of training and education.  I guess it's not much different than Dr. Holly ruining her career, then apparently giving it up for one of the least talented dancers to have appeared on this show.

• Love 1
On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Absolom said:

What happens when it's zero

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 3:16 AM, RedheadZombie said:

It's completely bizarre to me that a psychologist would put her practice on hold to pursue her seven year old child's "career".  A psychologist undergoes many years of training and education.  I guess it's not much different than Dr. Holly ruining her career, then apparently giving it up for one of the least talented dancers to have appeared on this show.

Is she real? What psychologist would have their kid on this show?

• Love 1
On 9/21/2016 at 6:27 PM, KaveDweller said:

If Tiffany Alexis's mom? The one with long blonde hair who was sure her daughter would be the "winner?" Then turned around and said it didn't matter who won? Yeah, I hate her too. I thought the mini dance was cute. 

Yes, that's the one. Piece of work!