Type keyword(s) to search

Killjoys Actors in Other Roles

Janimo
  • Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hannah John-Kamen has been cast in a "key role" for Marvel's Ant Man and the Wasp.  Between that and having a role in Steven Spielberg's upcoming, her star seems to be on the rise.  Good for her!

Awesome. 

(reminds me that I need to catch up on my MCU watching so I can check it out when the time comes)

On 1/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

It was nice to see Rob Stewart pop up in a recurring role on the new show Incorporated. Not sure how long his role (or the show) will last, but I was just excited to see him.

Rob Stewart must have a very long-term deal with Syfy in guest starring across their TV shows.  Kidding, sorta.

He was on Defiance, Dark Matter, Killjoys (of course), the show you mentioned and I'm thinking I've seen him in another recent show as well - The Magicians, maybe?  Did he make an appearance on Haven?? 

Kinda hope he gets a (at least small) spot on the last season of 12 Monkeys.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hannah John-Kamen has been cast in a "key role" for Marvel's Ant Man and the Wasp.  Between that and having a role in Steven Spielberg's upcoming, her star seems to be on the rise.  Good for her!

I heard about this. An I am so glad that Hannah is finally getting some recognition. I LOVE her in Killjoys.

Btw, she also has a role in the upcoming Tomb Raider movie.

• Love 2
On 8/6/2017 at 7:11 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Awesome. 

(reminds me that I need to catch up on my MCU watching so I can check it out when the time comes)

Rob Stewart must have a very long-term deal with Syfy in guest starring across their TV shows.  Kidding, sorta.

He was on Defiance, Dark Matter, Killjoys (of course), the show you mentioned and I'm thinking I've seen him in another recent show as well - The Magicians, maybe?  Did he make an appearance on Haven?? 

Kinda hope he gets a (at least small) spot on the last season of 12 Monkeys.

He was in Slasher last year. 

On 6/8/2017 at 2:11 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Lost Girl and Painkiller Jane also. He's a solid Canadian actor and so much of  SyFy's programming is Canadian-produced  that it's inevitable he'll be cast a lot.

20 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Lost Girl and Painkiller Jane also. He's a solid Canadian actor and so much of  SyFy's programming is Canadian-produced  that it's inevitable he'll be cast a lot.

I didn't mean to imply a slight against either RS or Syfy, just a bit of humor.  I've liked all his appearances (that I've seen). 

You're right, he's a solid actor that brings a lot to each character he portrays for each individual show.  A bit under-used on Defiance and definitely on Dark Matter.

• Love 1

The Hollywood Reporter has an article/interview with Hannah John-Kamen, regarding her current/upcoming roles in Tomb Raider (opened this weekend), Ready Player One (March 29th), and Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6th).

Regarding Ready Player One:

Your character isn’t actually in the book, right?

No. F’Nale Zandor: she’s been written for the film. She’s a a very fun character. She works in the IOI (Innovative Online Industries, the film's evil corporation) on the other side from the good guys. She’s very loyal. That’s one word I would use to describe her.

Edited by Just Here
formatting
(edited)

I will be watching the first two seasons - and awaiting the 3rd and 4th seasons - sometime (vaguely) soon, but while checking out the IMDb page for the show, it turns out Aaron Ashmore [Johnny] makes a 4-episode appearance in the 2nd season of CTV's Cardinal.

All 4 appearances by AA were in episodes that aired in the second season, that aired shortly after the start of this calendar year (Jan/Feb).

EDIT:  Turns out I should have done my research more, as AA won't be on Cardinal until the 3rd season airs later this Fall. 

Corrections

I find I can't remember when it's Aaron and when it's Shawn. So "Ashmore" gets more roles than anybody else.

By the way, is it my imagination, or do casting directors tend to favor Shawn for more prestigious projects? If they do....*why*?

3 hours ago, sjohnson said:

I find I can't remember when it's Aaron and when it's Shawn. So "Ashmore" gets more roles than anybody else.

By the way, is it my imagination, or do casting directors tend to favor Shawn for more prestigious projects? If they do....*why*?

Best guess because he brings along the X-Men factor.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, sjohnson said:

5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Best guess because he brings along the X-Men factor.

That, and both seem to 'have a type'.  Each has done a little of the other their not usually seen in, but it seems like Shawn is the "movie" bro while Aaron is the "TV" twin.

• Love 1

Anyone ever watch the series ReGenesis back from 2004-2008?  Guess its a show about a biological SWAT team, of sorts.  Produced and aired in Canada, originally.

I definitely hadn't back then, and haven't yet (plan on watching it very soon), but while looking up info about it, I see that Mayko Nguyen (DSK) had a semi-starring role for the whole of the series [52 eps].  Funnily enough, her show's first name and her own were the same.

Definitely can tell the age difference in the pics I saw, but not exactly a surprise, as its been 10-14 years between ReGenesis and Killjoys.

[its available on Amazon Prime, if interested.....]

• Useful 1
On 3/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Anyone ever watch the series ReGenesis back from 2004-2008?  Guess its a show about a biological SWAT team, of sorts.  Produced and aired in Canada, originally.

I definitely hadn't back then, and haven't yet (plan on watching it very soon), but while looking up info about it, I see that Mayko Nguyen (DSK) had a semi-starring role for the whole of the series [52 eps].  Funnily enough, her show's first name and her own were the same.

Definitely can tell the age difference in the pics I saw, but not exactly a surprise, as its been 10-14 years between ReGenesis and Killjoys.

[its available on Amazon Prime, if interested.....]

After watching the first few episodes of this, I am intrigued enough to go back when have time to watch more.  Its a very serialized drama, as each episode leads directly into the next one.  There are bits that are kinda procedural, but not really.  They use flashbacks somewhat liberally, but they are useful and add to the story, not done just for artistic filler.

The Movie Network must be Canada's version of HBO/Starz/Cinemax - or at least a premium cable channel - because the combination of language, barely averted nudity, and occasional softcore sex scene would only fly on one of those premium cable channels here in the states.

As it happens, I'm about three episodes away from finishing ReGenesis. I watched it in inside out order (third season, then fourth season, then first season, and then second) which is not a bad way to do it especially since it goes a wee bit completely bonkers at the very very end.

Off the top of my head -- besides Mayko as a regular -- Patrick Garrow (Turin) is in a couple of episodes in season 3, Rob Stewart is in a couple of episodes in season 4, Weej can be spotted in the background in a season 4 episode, I'm pretty sure I saw Sean Baek in there somewhere, but I don't remember which season.

And going the other way, the dude that plays Bob in ReGenesis is almost unrecognizable as Coren the heavily bearded Space Pirate from Killjoys season 1 who was Dutch and Johnny's pre-credit's warrant right at the beginning of the first episode and then showed up at least one other time.

Edited by yrnamehere
left out one of my favs and also to fix wall of text
  • Useful 1

Just FYI, Aaron Ashmore has had a small recurring role recently on The Rookie as a very Johnny-esque lawyer. 

And I happened to catch Hannah John-Kamen on an older episode of Death in Paradise. Which was cool, because my wife recognized her from Antman and the Wasp and "that scifi bounty hunter show you watch." 🙂

Edited by Ghost Bear
  • Love 3

I remember giving 'The Good Witch' a go but I failed. I just had a look at its cast listing and noticed that 'Three' was also on for a while - but there seems to be little chance that he and 'One' meet again 😉 

• Love 1