Type keyword(s) to search

Tyler Gets Weird About Catelynn's Weight Once Again In This Teen Mom Clip

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

My heart goes out to Catelynn because I always think of what it was like, right after she gave Carly up, and the time came for her to go back home. I hope Kim let her stay with them for a little bit shortly after the adoption was finalized, but at some point Cate returned to April because she moved out temporarily in season 1. I mean, Jesus Christ. Cate just gave her baby up, feels so alone and torn up about it, and her mother and stepfather are carrying on about how she abandoned her daughter and she's a piece of shit mother for daring to place Carly with a more suitable family. That poor girl. At least Tyler had Kim; Cate had absolutely no one in her corner since day one. No wonder she's so broken down these days. You can't go on forever without addressing those types of issues. 

I think that Catelynn is at her core a sweet girl with a kind heart. Her upbringing is not something I'd wish on any child. Yes I think she clings to Tyler so hard because he was the first and only adult so far to show her any love and affection on a consistent basis. Kim is a piece of work. No one is denying that she should have put Tyler's well being above Catelynns (Tyker is her son after all) but hot damn, Catelynn is not some JEZABELLE who ruined your precious perfect baby boy's future. Tyler's faults are all on Tyler.

Personally I think Tyler is lucky to have Catelynn at the end of the day. If he treats her right she would stay by his side and love him forever. 

That being said if Catelynn wants to change, SHE has to make the effort for herself. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 7

Tyler is a dick but there is really no nice way to tell your SO to lose weight... shes completely let herself go and worse doesnt even seem to care. she looks like Tyler's mom.

i think tyler has bought it up in nice ways before, but i dont think its his approach, i think its just Cate has given up on herself and doesnt care anymore.

Edited by EDTV
  • Love 1

The best way to do it, and this is firsthand, is to NOT say anything critical on such a sensitive topic, but decide you're going to change your OWN life. If Tyler stopped saying "Why are you so fat? Did you finish this whole bag of chips TODAY?" etc., and instead said "I feel like we're spending too much money on food that isn't a good example for our kid, so I'm going to do something about it. I'm taking a cooking class.  I'm going to a nutiritionist to get some recommendations. I'm signing up for this calorie counting app...[etc]..." then by sheer momentum, and practicality, she'd end up doing the same thing. This is exactly how my wife and I lost weight. Instead of "Let's order Papa Johns," you say "That's a waste of money and terrible for us. Let's make fish tacos. Let's learn to make our own sushi." It's not like they have fucking jobs. 

ETA: you can only take this approach if you are open to the possibility that it DOESN'T work on your spouse, and accept that your health is your own priority, too. It's not like there's NO benefit for him doing it. Get out and jog, etc., it's only natural for your SO to feel a little pressure to do the same, but the pressure CANNOT be explicit and direct from you. It can't be "Im doing this, so you have to do it, or you'll stay fat and I'll be hotter." You committed to loving the person as they are. Sorry dude. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 6

I was looking at her last night, and she's really not that big. When she finally took off that zebra hoodie and just had on a black tee - not all that far to go to be in better shape. Not too far from the old funky Cate who wore the flowers in her hair. The distraction for me is the half grown out, half colored, dirty, ponytailed hair and makeup less scratched up face. I know ... depression. But assuming she is better now, she still looks just the same from little glimpses I've seen. She did say that she would not watch this season because it's too painful. 

That scene bugs because Cate herself really led into that discussion. She unleashed the non PC husband whom she finds hilarious. She was so giddy to hear that she wasn't already a heifer. He has no way of saying it correctly, but that's a real issue in relationships. He did marry her, at that weight, for better or for worse. But of course he'd like the thinner gal back. And it is not unreasonable for a partner to expect to always be physically attracted. I don't know, I know he's a douche, but he does have a valid point when he sees her weight going up. I go through a bit of that myself. I can gain weight on one Oreo, and watch my husband eat everything under the sun and stay the same. Tough call. I let him eat what he wants while I secretly curse and eat less. But we don't do that kind of food all the time either. It would play it the same way if I saw him go up 50 pounds. I would still love him, but no one wants to sleep with a Gary (although as it turns out - lots of women do). I know Cate isn't Gary level heavy, but it can be a concern. Especially since she has been overweight since Carley. It's not like the postpartum caused it. Yeah I'm rambling and tired, so I hope it makes sense and isn't offensive. 

• Love 1

It won't matter if Cate loses any weight.  She'll never be good enough for Tyler.  He will always feel like he's slumming it by being with her.  He has become convinced with Kim's help that he is the greatest thing since Justin Beiber.  Cate looking like a non-model helps him with his superiority complex.  Even  if she becomes waif thin it'll just make room for some new problem he has with her. The way she dresses, that she doesn't have a degree or the way she laughs.  Something.  Anything.

I don't think Tyler likes Catelynn at all.  Being with her affords him a nice lifestyle he knows he wouldn't have on his own.  Pretending to be a great husband to Cate is his price to pay for that life.  He drops the façade every once in a while and we can see how he truly feels about her, but she'll never be good enough.   And that damn Kim just validates his thinking that Cate is an anchor.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I was looking at her last night, and she's really not that big. When she finally took off that zebra hoodie and just had on a black tee - not all that far to go to be in better shape. Not too far from the old funky Cate who wore the flowers in her hair. The distraction for me is the half grown out, half colored, dirty, ponytailed hair and makeup less scratched up face. I know ... depression. But assuming she is better now, she still looks just the same from little glimpses I've seen. She did say that she would not watch this season because it's too painful. 

I think it's because she's so short that she looks a lot heavier than she would if she were any taller. She has a compact shape and very large breasts which look like they weigh her down. Cate definitely needs to get her eating habits under control---the fast food and garbage need to go---but I'm more worried about her face. She looks exhausted all the time and she had several open sores last night. She's probably migrated from chewing off her fingernails to picking at her face. Not good. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EDTV said:

Tyler is a dick but there is really no nice way to tell your SO to lose weight... shes completely let herself go and worse doesnt even seem to care. she looks like Tyler's mom.

i think tyler has bought it up in nice ways before, but i dont think its his approach, i think its just Cate has given up on herself and doesnt care anymore.

It's not his place at all. He needs to concentrate on his own issues. SMDH.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EDTV said:

its not his place to tell his wife if shes gaining too much weight?...lol. of course it is! who else would it be?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, EDTV said:

its not his place to tell his wife if shes gaining too much weight?...lol. of course it is! who else would it be?

It's not his place to be an asshole about it, though, knowing she's sensitive to it. Be kind! 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

It's not his place to be an asshole about it, though, knowing she's sensitive to it. Be kind! 

maybe, but we've seen him take the nice approach as well and it never worked. my point was its not the way tyler is saying it, its just that Cate has given up on herself and doesnt care. i think you owe it to your SO not to let yourself go, especially in your mid 20's!

• Love 2

Agreed there, you do owe it to them, and to yourself, not to let yourself go, but I doubt anyone has ever decided "He's right!" after their SO said "I don't want no heifer!" That's not motivational, that's just being an asshole. 

• Love 2

There are certainly times when a SUPPORTIVE partner or any family member should approach a loved one and tell them they are concerned about their health, weight, or other pertinent matters in that person's life. It's not what you say but how you say it. 

As for Tyler, he is making it loud and clear he doesn't want an obese wife. He also said he doesn't want a wife who has no goals or doesn't get an education. Who the fuck is he to even tell anyone about their goals and education when he himself can't even bother to get a job or an education himself? Pot meet kettle. Tyler is in no position to tell anyone about anything. All he is concerned with is having a bigger house to house his four cars. I cannot stand him! Butch, the former drug addict and prisoner gets a job before Tyler!

Catelynn was diabetic while pregnant. She chose to continue eating foods that were bad for her. She was putting herself and her unborn at risk.

• Love 3

Tyler is a dick and extremely fake... but he shouldnt get flack for what he said, im sure its very frustrating watching Cate mope around and eat a giant quesadilla and claim its only 7 points. Maybe PER slice it is, but the whole thing? and then drenched in a huge glop of sour cream? SHe just doesnt care, even when she was pregnant she went against doctors orders and ate stuff she had no business eating. so im sure tyler is really annoyed... he's tried to be nice and supportive many times before to no avail.

cate needs help, but all this therapy seems to do neither of them any good, so i'm not even sure what shes supposed to do.

Edited by EDTV
  • Love 1

I've never once seen Tyler act supportive towards Catelynn. He's always either berated her or took passive-aggressive swipes at her. In yesterday's episode, when Cate told him about the seven points thing, his response was to say, "Good for you! I don't want no heifer for a wife!" First of all, he made it all about himself and what HE wants in their marriage, not what works best for Cate. And instead of calling Catelynn a heifer---which is not okay, regardless of who says it---he should have discussed portion sizes with her. Instead, he straight-up insulted her and she laughed even though you could tell it was killing her on the inside. Break up with him, Cate. It's the best thin you could do for both yourself and your child. Tyler doesn't want a heifer for a wife? Well, who wants Tyler for a father? 

• Love 5

In many ways I see Catelynn and Amber being in the same shitty situation. They are both on meds. They are both in need of intense, proper therapy. They are both with losers who have no jobs, no goals, no education, and enjoy spending that MTV money. The girls feel they are nothing if they did not have those assholes in their lives. The girls also have no jobs, no goals or any outside interests. They are lazy, they depend on their assholes far too much and they take a lot of crap from them. They are both dealing with depression, and they each wanted marriage with Catelynn finally getting to the altar.

It is very difficult for me to feel sorry for either of them especially when I see Catelynn wanting to contact Dr. Drew for help on this new season instead of seeking help from a professional in her area during the off season.  It reeks of some sort of set up as if this was put on hold until the season started so this could be filmed. 

• Love 3

Wait, Tyler cheated on Catelynn? I know he went to New Orleans to be an actor and got himself an acting coach who turned out to be pretty sleazy, but I never heard of him cheating. Anyway, I think it'll take more than Tyler cheating for Cate to break up with him. They've been together for so long and have trauma bonded; she'll forgive him in a heartbeat while most likely blaming herself for driving him to have an affair. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Wait, Tyler cheated on Catelynn? I know he went to New Orleans to be an actor and got himself an acting coach who turned out to be pretty sleazy, but I never heard of him cheating. Anyway, I think it'll take more than Tyler cheating for Cate to break up with him. They've been together for so long and have trauma bonded; she'll forgive him in a heartbeat while most likely blaming herself for driving him to have an affair. 

Tyler will blame her for any cheating he commits.

• Love 3
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 1:55 PM, SPLAIN said:

There are certainly times when a SUPPORTIVE partner or any family member should approach a loved one and tell them they are concerned about their health, weight, or other pertinent matters in that person's life. It's not what you say but how you say it. 

As for Tyler, he is making it loud and clear he doesn't want an obese wife. He also said he doesn't want a wife who has no goals or doesn't get an education. Who the fuck is he to even tell anyone about their goals and education when he himself can't even bother to get a job or an education himself? Pot meet kettle. Tyler is in no position to tell anyone about anything. All he is concerned with is having a bigger house to house his four cars. I cannot stand him! Butch, the former drug addict and prisoner gets a job before Tyler!

Catelynn was diabetic while pregnant. She chose to continue eating foods that were bad for her. She was putting herself and her unborn at risk.

But he's uneducated and has no goals too. I don't see what young fans see in him.

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:22 PM, EDTV said:

Tyler is a dick and extremely fake... but he shouldnt get flack for what he said, im sure its very frustrating watching Cate mope around and eat a giant quesadilla and claim its only 7 points. Maybe PER slice it is, but the whole thing? and then drenched in a huge glop of sour cream? SHe just doesnt care, even when she was pregnant she went against doctors orders and ate stuff she had no business eating. so im sure tyler is really annoyed... he's tried to be nice and supportive many times before to no avail.

cate needs help, but all this therapy seems to do neither of them any good, so i'm not even sure what shes supposed to do.

I don't understand why she keeps pointing out she's going to lose weight. It's also not healthy to be obese and pregnant. 

• Love 4
On 8/23/2016 at 11:06 AM, EDTV said:

its just that Cate has given up on herself and doesnt care. i think you owe it to your SO not to let yourself go, especially in your mid 20's!

Cate hasn't "given up on herself" because she "doesn't care." She's given up on doing things for herself because she is mentally ill. She owes it to HERSELF to have a better quality of life. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Cate hasn't "given up on herself" because she "doesn't care." She's given up on doing things for herself because she is mentally ill. She owes it to HERSELF to have a better quality of life. 

This can't be said enough times!!

• Love 2
On 8/25/2016 at 8:14 AM, Darknight said:

But he's uneducated and has no goals too. I don't see what young fans see in him.

I don't understand why she keeps pointing out she's going to lose weight. It's also not healthy to be obese and pregnant. 

I personally think she made that comment about having a large family as a passive-aggressive swipe at Tyler for his heifer insult. Cate will never call Ty out for his crap, but she knows what bothers him and uses it whenever he bugs her. I think back to all those times when Tyler had issue with her weight and Catelynn responded by plopping herself down in his lap and practically smothering him. She'll do that instead of straight-up talking to him. They have a very unhealthy marriage; the lack of clear communication is only the tip of the iceberg for these two. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Do these two even have sex? I don't feel sexual tension. 

No way Tyler gives her that deep "Girl, you have no idea what I'm going to do to you when we get in the bedroom" look.

I think Tyler fell asleep on his back one night and that's how Cate got pregnant with Chevy Nova.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6
On 8/23/2016 at 2:22 PM, EDTV said:

But it can be a vicious circle you don't know how to get out of. I grew up with a mother said the same kind of things Tyler said. People harp on you about your weight and you feel helpless to defend yourself. So it makes you eat more to keep down the feelings of anger and resentment you don't feel safe to get out. And it just continues to get worse. And you give up. I had a mother who had all these crazy rules about food and what she thought was an acceptable weight. She thought I needed to lose weight so she would say and do things to help. Things like sit at the table and oink and make pig noises everytime I tried to eat, make up really mean songs and sayings and say them all the time. It honestly just made me want to eat more. So I can understand Cate's giving up. TYler being a dick about it isn't going to help her at all. He needs to be nice and supportive of her. Maybe ask her to go on a family bike ride, family walk, a trip to the zoo.  Things like that. Saying mean heartless things isn't going to help a person with depression.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

No way Tyler gives her that deep "Girl, you have no idea what I'm going to do to you when we get in the bedroom" look.

I think Tyler fell asleep on his back one night and that's how Cate got pregnant with Chevy Nova.

Bwahahaha!

When I see Catelynn I cannot help but see April's face