Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: I Got This On Lock

wanderingstar
  • Start Topic

Ghost sees an opportunity to take the clubs to the next level, but the past may catch up to him; Tommy joins Tasha in a scheme, while dealing with an uncontrollable contact.

Naked Julio! Bless you , show!

I about died when that hooker he was with said "But really, I'm from Fort Lee." 

Anika Noni Rose is a nice addition, but I'm legit scared of Jukebox. Looks like Kanan is too, which is kind of amusing.

When Greg showed up, I realized how many side characters this show has. I'd almost forgotten about him.

I thought it was sweet that Tommy was ready to go meet Tariq. Tommy may be a dumb hothead, but he tries to be a good uncle.

Tasha was a lot of fun in this episode. Her impression of Tommy was hilarious and spot on. Surprised to see her and Holly getting along so well. 

Speaking of Holly, does the fact that she's pregnant mean she'll be around for the duration, or will the writers have her killed to give Tommy angst?

• Love 3

This was a good episode.  Phew.  The show had me scared for a second, but damnnn did things pick up this episode.

Anika Noni Rose killed it.  I was seeing flashes of Cleo in Set it Off.   That was one hell of a character introduction.  With them being in DC....isnt that were Ruiz is at or did they never actually mention where he went?

Tasha's fake Jamaican accent was horrible.  Dont know how they got away with it, but wow. Ohh and what timing to actually mention Miss Cleo in this episode since the real one died a couple days ago.

Does anyone believe that baby Holly is carrying will actually make it to term...healthy?  I don't.  

Tariq is one spoiled ass little brat.  I finally say Barbershop 3 over the weekend, and the actor really knows how to play that note well.  I liked how Tasha and James cut Tariq off at every turn with his excuses.  He's old enough to know better....which is why I'm conflicted with James blaming Angela for what happened.  On the one hand since she clearly has a safe obviously the optimal place to have the gun, especially while the kids are there would be the safe, but its not like she left the gun laying around on the dresser.  It was in her bag, which was on the top shelf in her closet.  And since when are boys known to snoop? James made it sound like duhhh, of course Tariq would go into your closet and go thru your things. Lol.

Is Greg allowed to still work on cases while he's suspended or whatever happened with him?  Wouldnt any evidence he collects now be inadmissible? He's bordering on obsessed. Not that I necessarily blame him. Angela really fucked him over.

Ohhhh....and I for damn sure called Tasha using Keisha's salon for some nefarious reason.  And she really think she doing something by not telling Keisha whats going on in case shit goes left. Smh. 

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 2

Yes,  this episode brought it.  thank goodness!!!  I don't even know where to start.  The Kanan situation imo is pretty unbelievable but I will chalk it up to this being tv.  Because what is the likelihood that a severely burned and beat up man made it all the way down to DC let alone have the strength to get out of that locked room and doesn't die from his injuries and lack of medical attention is beyond me.  But I digress.  And is Kanan hooked on Lean now or whatever it is the cops gf gave him?

Tariq chiillllleeee... As a parent, I wanted to knock him across his head when he sitting talking with Tasha and Ghost.  But Tasha read that school administrator for filth and l loved every second of it. 

Ghost and Angela's relationship, is this how NOT to be in a relationship? These two supposedly love each other more than anything but don't trust each other AT ALL!!! I don't get it.  Ghost left his wife and mother of his children for Angela because....... someone tell me, seriously I need answers.  Ghost trusted Tasha with (almost) everything, but he leaves her to be with a woman he cant confide in. I get it their circumstances are weird because of their line of work but then just means it wasn't meant to be. Relationships aren't just about bomb ass sex and appearances.  Oh and the kids spent one night at her house and this heffa Angela is out meeting with realtors for a bigger apartment. (insert side eye)  I rolled my eyes soooo hard.  Bitch if you don't sit yo ass down somewhere.  Classic example of someone doing too damn much!

Holly and Tommy are both too dumb for words.  I still don't know Holly's angle and I wish the show would spell it out for me cus I don't know if she's using Tommy or really loves Tommy or what.  The meeting between Ghost and Tommy another eye roll from me.  Tommy is like a kid.  I understand he was hurt by Ghost but the man is trying to reach out to you to make it right but you want to act like a baby.  I cant. 

I know I complained for most of my post but I really did enjoy the episode and am excited for next week. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FuriousStyles said:

Ohhhh....and I for damn sure called Tasha using Keisha's salon for some nefarious reason.  And she really think she doing something by not telling Keisha whats going on in case shit goes left. Smh. 

You sure did! I remembered that as I was watching. I laughed when Tasha told Holly she'd get used to the smell of burnt hair. I do not miss the hot comb or flat iron. I also laughed when Lala said if Holly stole anything, she'd get her ass beat. You know she'd do it, too.

I'm not sure about blaming Angela for what happened with the gun, although if she had time to put her bag in the closet, she had time to put the gun in the safe. She also changed her clothes at some point after the kids got there (I remember she was in sweats), so she really could have secured it better. But it's not like she left it sitting on the kitchen counter, and Tariq shouldn't have been going through her stuff.

Kanan suffered at least second degree burns over what looks to be a lot of his body. Ghost stabbed him in the stomach. By the look of it, he didn't go to the hospital after he got out of the building. So how did he get down to DC? Like, did he call an Uber? Take Amtrak? How was he going to make it traveling for three hours with all those injuries? 

No way Holly carries that baby to term. And God help the baby if she does, because its parents are ... well, let's just say troubled.

I was surprised that Kanan admitted to Jukebox that he killed Sean. And by how quickly Jukebox was like "Well, OK then." 

I thought Tommy was cute trying to help Tariq. "Riq-a-saurus!" That was sweet.

• Love 4

Does Angela have 2 guns?

Because she had one on her when she got back to her apartment and put in the safe.

She never thought to follow up on the loose gun she stowed away in her closet a few nights ago? 

I think sometimes this show forgets what happened the week before - or they expect us to.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Zeebreezy said:

Yes,  this episode brought it.  thank goodness!!!  I don't even know where to start.  The Kanan situation imo is pretty unbelievable but I will chalk it up to this being tv.  Because what is the likelihood that a severely burned and beat up man made it all the way down to DC let alone have the strength to get out of that locked room and doesn't die from his injuries and lack of medical attention is beyond me.  But I digress.  And is Kanan hooked on Lean now or whatever it is the cops gf gave him?

Tariq chiillllleeee... As a parent, I wanted to knock him across his head when he sitting talking with Tasha and Ghost.  But Tasha read that school administrator for filth and l loved every second of it. 

Ghost and Angela's relationship, is this how NOT to be in a relationship? These two supposedly love each other more than anything but don't trust each other AT ALL!!! I don't get it.  Ghost left his wife and mother of his children for Angela because....... someone tell me, seriously I need answers.  Ghost trusted Tasha with (almost) everything, but he leaves her to be with a woman he cant confide in. I get it their circumstances are weird because of their line of work but then just means it wasn't meant to be. Relationships aren't just about bomb ass sex and appearances.  Oh and the kids spent one night at her house and this heffa Angela is out meeting with realtors for a bigger apartment. (insert side eye)  I rolled my eyes soooo hard.  Bitch if you don't sit yo ass down somewhere.  Classic example of someone doing too damn much!

Holly and Tommy are both too dumb for words.  I still don't know Holly's angle and I wish the show would spell it out for me cus I don't know if she's using Tommy or really loves Tommy or what.  The meeting between Ghost and Tommy another eye roll from me.  Tommy is like a kid.  I understand he was hurt by Ghost but the man is trying to reach out to you to make it right but you want to act like a baby.  I cant. 

I know I complained for most of my post but I really did enjoy the episode and am excited for next week. 

I don't think Holly's motivations need to spelled out anymore. I feel like people want to make it more than it is. She obviously has something else going on, etc. No, she's Tommy's ride or die but she literally wants to be his number 2 in all aspects. She also enjoys the perks of the trade. She also manipulative as hell so she uses it to try and keep Tommy on track. She wants him to be able to do this on his own because Ghost coming back into the fold means she's not the number 2 anymore. She wants it to just be him and her on some bonnie and Clyde shit basically.

• Love 2

Jukebox picked Kanan up in NYC then took him to DC (she said so in the episode).  Although I'm not sure if she actually did it or just called in a favor and had someone locally drive him down.

For someone that was gravely injured and sleeping most of the day away, Kanan was shaped up and still had his abs cut up.... Lol

• Love 3

Overall a good episode, lot suspense and drama leading up to a gritty showdown. 

Jukebox is scary, above the law and a little overplayed...imo. 

Love how they brought in Lean, even added the jolly rancher...hilarious.  

Because what is the likelihood that a severely burned and beat up man made it all the way down to DC let alone have the strength to get out of that locked room and doesn't die from his injuries and lack of medical attention is beyond me.

What I couldn't get over was how perfectly chiseled Kanan's beard was. It's like the fire never got to it-lol

I also laughed when Lala said if Holly stole anything, she'd get her ass beat. You know she'd do it, too.

Keisha's face when Tasha introduced Holly? Price. Less.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MV713 said:

Does Angela have 2 guns?

Because she had one on her when she got back to her apartment and put in the safe.

She never thought to follow up on the loose gun she stowed away in her closet a few nights ago? 

I assumed she went to the police station and picked it up. When she was searching the apartment she received a phone call and didn't sound too happy with whatever the person on the other end was telling her.  I was under the impression when the cops who picked up the gun at Tariq's school did the gun registry search and found out it belonged to Angela (as Tariq's principal? Headmistress? told Tasha and Ghost) that the cops also called Angela to tell her come get her gun.  

Speaking of....Zeebreezy, I totally forgot about Tasha doing work at the school. You know she had all those situations stock piled just in case she needed to pull out that card for one of her kids. SMH. But that lady is stupid, because just on pure optics alone, she actually had to be reminded that it wouldnt look so good to expel the black kid when she hadn't expelled anyone else for expellable (I know not a word) offenses.

7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I was surprised that Kanan admitted to Jukebox that he killed Sean. And by how quickly Jukebox was like "Well, OK then." 

See, this is why I just refuse to believe Kanan is Sean's bio father.  I need to see the receipts.  DNA test or something, because Jukebox didnt even blink at Kanan saying he off'ed his own son?!  Word? 

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 3

Anika Noni Rose is a nice addition, but I'm legit scared of Jukebox. Looks like Kanan is too, which is kind of amusing.

Man, Anika had me fooled. I thought she was going to save the day and sing a little tune about staying off the streets. She's such an underrated actress.

Jukebox was cool with Kanan offing Sean since "he was the enemy as soon as he sided with Ghost." That's a cold ass family Sean was born into.

I'm annoyed that I can't place Jukebox's girlfriend. I've seen her somewhere before.

• Love 4

Man, Anika had me fooled. I thought she was going to save the day and sing a little tune about staying off the streets. She's such an underrated actress.

So true. I don't think I've ever disliked her in a single role I've seen her in.

21 hours ago, Racj82 said:

(don't know how to undo a quote box.)  But anyhoo.... I too am loving Anika aka Jukebox.  She's played everything from a side chick with a heart of gold in Dreamgirls to a Disney princess and now a cold hearted crooked cop lesbian.  Awesome. 

I was also shocked that Kanan confessed to her that he killed Sean and even more shocked when she wasn't shocked but justified it.

Furious Styles I was all YAAAASSSS come through Tasha hunny!!!  

The season is in indeed picking up.  Cant wait to discuss with you all.

Angela had the gun when she was confronted by Greg in the street - he saw it in her bag.

Angela had just left Ghost so I assume she had two.

Just a nit picking detail that they gloss over forcing you to have to "fill in the blanks".

I like the theory that Kanan isn't actually Sean's father- makes much more sense how he killed him in cold-blood and everyone is just "aigt" with it ... LOL.

• Love 1

This show is finally moving forward a bit. Although I'm not sure where its going!

Angela and Ghost are so boring together. I may have to rewatch season 1 but was Angela always this dumb? I feel like she has progressively become stupider as the show goes on. I wish she had more of a backbone but I guess that's what makes the show interesting--showing how flawed everyone's judgement is. Angela met Ghost's kids one time and now she's out shopping for apartments---by her damn self because Ghost can't be trusted enough to do anything other than have sex with her. 

Hell, Ghost brings all three of his kids to HER house for the first time and then disappears and Angela just sort of casually mentions it while they are out jogging around NYC.Seriously? You can't even trust this man to stick around for an evening to take care of his own kids but you are ready to sign a lease for a new apartment?! Huh?!

Red flags, Angie! Red flags!

I love Tasha so much and even though they weren't perfect Tasha and Ghost together made sense. Even seeing them handling the Tariq situation was awesome, they have the teamwork down pat--with Tasha doing more than her share to make sure everything stays together. I hope Tasha gets a love interest or at least some fun sex scenes.

The Tasha, Tommy and Holly trio will not end well. Holly can't be trusted and I still don't even understand why Tommy is still dealing with her. 

I got the impression that Kanaan did make it to the hospital in NYC and that's where Jukebox picked him up and brought him to DC? Hence the reason he had prescription pills. I can't imagine this man who was just stabbed and barbecued hopping in the car and driving down to DC, thats not believable even for TV land. I don't think I understand Anika Noni Rose's character but I'm here for her being a bad ass.

Poor Shawn! Good thing he has Tariq and Tasha mourning him because his father and Jukebox don't give a shit! I love how Jukebox gives this passionate speech demanding to know how Kanaan could let Ghost kill Shawn but when he tells her he killed Shawn she kind of shrugs it off like "meh"!  Does anyone wonder where the hell Kanaan is? Like Shawn's mom for example?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, kylies-lips said:

This show is finally moving forward a bit. Although I'm not sure where its going!

Angela and Ghost are so boring together. I may have to rewatch season 1 but was Angela always this dumb? I feel like she has progressively become stupider as the show goes on. I wish she had more of a backbone but I guess that's what makes the show interesting--showing how flawed everyone's judgement is. Angela met Ghost's kids one time and now she's out shopping for apartments---by her damn self because Ghost can't be trusted enough to do anything other than have sex with her. 

Hell, Ghost brings all three of his kids to HER house for the first time and then disappears and Angela just sort of casually mentions it while they are out jogging around NYC.Seriously? You can't even trust this man to stick around for an evening to take care of his own kids but you are ready to sign a lease for a new apartment?! Huh?!

Red flags, Angie! Red flags!

I love Tasha so much and even though they weren't perfect Tasha and Ghost together made sense. Even seeing them handling the Tariq situation was awesome, they have the teamwork down pat--with Tasha doing more than her share to make sure everything stays together. I hope Tasha gets a love interest or at least some fun sex scenes.

The Tasha, Tommy and Holly trio will not end well. Holly can't be trusted and I still don't even understand why Tommy is still dealing with her. 

I got the impression that Kanaan did make it to the hospital in NYC and that's where Jukebox picked him up and brought him to DC? Hence the reason he had prescription pills. I can't imagine this man who was just stabbed and barbecued hopping in the car and driving down to DC, thats not believable even for TV land. I don't think I understand Anika Noni Rose's character but I'm here for her being a bad ass.

Poor Shawn! Good thing he has Tariq and Tasha mourning him because his father and Jukebox don't give a shit! I love how Jukebox gives this passionate speech demanding to know how Kanaan could let Ghost kill Shawn but when he tells her he killed Shawn she kind of shrugs it off like "meh"!  Does anyone wonder where the hell Kanaan is? Like Shawn's mom for example?

Kylies-lips-  I don't think Kanan was ever in the hospital.  Someone had to pick him up from NY.  If he were in the hospital he would not have been released yet and there would be too many questions especially since the police were investigating the fire where he was burned as an arson case.  And the investigators were speculating that someone had been locked in there yet managed to escape.  As far as his meds are concerned, that's where Jukebox comes in with her stick up kids.  They were stealing medication from the pharmacy for Kanan to help with his recovery.

And I said the same exact thing when it comes to Angela.  Ghost brings his kids over for the first time and she's out apartment hunting.  Girl bye. I get that both Angela and Ghost have feelings for each other but when the side piece becomes the main piece it doesn't necessarily make happily ever after.  These two cant trust each other enough to tell each what's really going on in their lives, yet expect to have a long lasting relationship. 

Oh and girl Angela hasn't always been this dumb.  Its the dick!!  I cant speak for all the ladies in this forum but I know I've been dickmatized before and good D will erase all good judgment, common sense and logic you had.  Summer 2014 I was dealing with a guy that lord knows I shouldn't have.  Told so many lies that I KNEW didn't make sense and even when I found the evidence of his lies, but did I justify, make excuses and say that sometimes 2+2 does equal 14 sometimes. You just have to multiply, divide and carry the 1.  Cus LAWD cheezzussss he was foine and he knew it too (6'1 200lb tattoos all over 6 pack and he had that V, you know those muscles by his pelvis leading down to his.....ooohhh girl) and the D was remarkable. Anyhoo... I digress, but no Angela has not always been this dumb she is just under the spell that is Ghost.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Zeebreezy said:

Its the dick!!  I cant speak for all the ladies in this forum but I know I've been dickmatized before and good D will erase all good judgment, common sense and logic you had. 

Haha...I have witness too many women dickmatized. Smdh!

• Love 3

He did go to the hospital. I rewatched for that part. He asks Jukebox for his pills. She says not until he tells her why he is here. He says we went over this in the hospital. She says something and then says not about that bullshit story we had to tell to get your ass treated but about why I had to drive to NY to bring your ass back to DC.

• Love 1
On 8/2/2016 at 11:52 AM, MV713 said:

Angela had the gun when she was confronted by Greg in the street - he saw it in her bag.

Angela had just left Ghost so I assume she had two.

Did Greg see a gun though?  I just watched the scene again and its not clear.  It looked to me like Greg just assumed that it was a gun she was trying to reach for (or based on the fact that they were once close, he probably knew that she carried her gun in her purse).  Not to mention the bag Angela was carrying is the same bag she put the gun in (which is why she would assume it would be there during her confrontation with Greg).  The fact that the gun wasn't there, is why she went back home to look for it, I guess thinking the gun must have dropped out or she put it somewhere else.  And she only put one gun in the safe when she got back to the apt. 

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 2