Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E14: Live Eviction 4

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, coxtradamus said:

Tiffany's speech last week to Frank and Bridgette was just as petty as Da's goodbye message last night.....yet somehow it seems to be being viewed differently....I wonder why.....hmmmm.....

To add to everyone else's responses to this, I also think it's because Day is speaking from a somewhat hypocritical standpoint. This was Tiffany's first time playing, while it was Day's second time. Even if Tiffany has a sister who got to final three, Tiffany herself has never ever played the game. Day got evicted in the second week her first time around, so her bragging to Tiffany loses its impact because Tiffany can turn around and sing song right back "At least I got past week two for my first time playing". Tiffany seemed to take Day's taunting and gloating with her head held high, but it still just makes Day look petty, especially now that she knows Tiffany blew up her game and she will have to fight to make it to jury now.

If Tiffany had hurt Bridgette's feelings about the Cabbage Patch comment, I'd feel a bit bad for her and be disappointed in Tiffany. But as it is, Bridgette found it funny and her and Tiffany are on great terms. Day and Tiffany, however, are not on great terms and although Tiffany laughed it off, I wonder how their relationship will be after the game, if there's a relationship at all. Besides, Tiffany's speech reminds me of Zach's failed speeches when he tried to burn people (calling Nicole a fruit loop dingus, for example). It feels like a forced way to call someone out. 

• Love 2

I agree - Tiffany is hardly the innocent victim here.  It was Day who included Tiffany with the 8 pack alliance - even though she knew she was Vanessa's sister.  But when Tiffany was put on the block she got all paranoid - even though she knew it was Victor who had put her up.  That's when Day said that it was a mistake to have included Tiffany in the 8 Pack - and it should have been Paulie.  That's when they told Paulie about the alliance.  Also, when Tiffany had her meltdown, Day did switch off her game face and tried to encourage her.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Chrissytd said:

She's not away from her child for months on end, year after year. 

She is.  She will have spent somewhere in the range of 4-7 months on this in the past two summers.  That's about 1/3 of her daughter's life so far.

Whatever floats other parents' boats, though.  It's just not something I personally can understand and it makes me doubt her sincerity when she plays her mom role up.  

6 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

She is.  She will have spent somewhere in the range of 4-7 months on this in the past two summers.  That's about 1/3 of her daughter's life so far.

Well, she was only away from her daughter for two-three weeks last summer. If she makes jury this year, then yes, she would have missed about three months. So yeah, about four months max. But seeing as jury will probably be happening in two weeks, she might not make it that far. 

5 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Just catching up. Why did I not realize till tonight that Tiffany is really, really pretty? Wow. I have not been paying attention.

It's the constant glasses and hats and bandannas... she's been undercover all year so nobody noticed.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, innocuouspuff said:

Tiffany is so pretty - and probably relieved - but I hate when they have to run out to Julie in shoes they can barely stand in.

The shoes were really bland, too. They looked like the type of shoe a mature lady wears to her office job, short heel and peekaboo toe. They really struck me as unsexy when she walked out. 

14 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Just catching up. Why did I not realize till tonight that Tiffany is really, really pretty? Wow. I have not been paying attention.

Not a Tiff fan, but yea, she is very pretty. It's weird, because she and Vanessa look so much alike, but I don't think Vanessa is pretty at all. Maybe it's the pounds of makeup and color of her hair? Tiff reminds me a bit of Julia Roberts. 

16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

If Tiffany had hurt Bridgette's feelings about the Cabbage Patch comment, I'd feel a bit bad for her and be disappointed in Tiffany. But as it is, Bridgette found it funny and her and Tiffany are on great terms.

Honestly, I think Bridgette was fine with it because she just didn't get it. 

I just wish there were more diversity in the contestants, in age, ethnicity, whatever.  Just like the Amazing Race has become and to some extent, Survivor, all these same generation contestants want attention from the cameras.  They come in knowing they have to do things to get attention.  None of it comes off genuine, though Franks is less overt.  Having watched the show "Unreal" I find I wonder what has been said or manipulated to get certain remarks--more easily done with casts that want to "stand out".

4 hours ago, watch2much said:

Having watched the show "Unreal" I find I wonder what has been said or manipulated to get certain remarks--more easily done with casts that want to "stand out".

I have come to see that BB is a "ride" that we go on each summer, and I like seeing what they want to show us to make an entertaining show. However they get there I can't spend time/effort on worrying about.

That's personally why I don't bother myself with any of the "live" footage on feeds or feed recaps... I just go along for the ride knowing there is often a seamy underbelly to the game playing out when they don't show it. I, however, can't get that involved and over the years I've found it actually ends up taking away from my experience not adding to it. *shrug*

5 hours ago, watch2much said:

I just wish there were more diversity in the contestants, in age, ethnicity, whatever.  Just like the Amazing Race has become and to some extent, Survivor, all these same generation contestants want attention from the cameras.  They come in knowing they have to do things to get attention.  None of it comes off genuine, though Franks is less overt

I think they're doing pretty decent ethnicity wise. They have 2 black girls, 3 Hispanics. James is Asian, and I think Bridgette is part Asian. Paul is middle eastern; I can't remember what he said his ethnicity was. That's like half the house. But I'm so with you on the age thing. I remember in the early years when they had a much better mix. This is all basically young, fit people who want to be on TV. It's obnoxious. 

• Love 2

it's stopped being the "social experiment" that it touted itself to be when they started with casts like the current one--basically the same age all seeking fame.  it was more interesting when they had a mixture of ages that brought different perspectives and experiences with them and to see how they interacted.  Still, it's amusing to watch for what it is.

• Love 1
On 2016-07-23 at 1:04 AM, Blissfool said:

The shoes were really bland, too. They looked like the type of shoe a mature lady wears to her office job, short heel and peekaboo toe. They really struck me as unsexy when she walked out. 

Yes, so true. They were practically grandma shoes, with the kitten heel. If a houseguest is hobbling I expect the shoes to be at least sorta worth it on the hot and sexy scale. Those just weren't.

Tiffany has the same features as Vanessa but on a smaller/more delicate scale, leading to being more traditionally attractive. I don't think it's makeup or weight or anything, just an accident of genetics. Vanessa got the brains though. Which she's probably fine with, game theoretically speaking.

On 7/23/2016 at 2:13 PM, ghoulina said:

Paul is middle eastern; I can't remember what he said his ethnicity was.

IIRC Paul said something about his heritage being Armenian, which would probably be more Eastern European than Middle Eastern.

Didn't hear Paul say what his ethnicity is, but his last name rhymes with Armenian, and that's a sure sign of his background.  I have some friends who explained this to me long ago, and then Al Pacino, in "Author, Author," confirmed this during one of his scenes.