Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Renews Bloodline For A Third Season

Yay! I love this show! I read a few weeks ago that the 3rd season was in question because some tax credits granted by the state of Florida were set to expire. Or something. In any event, I'm glad they worked things out.

• Love 1

Insert obvious "Well, I wonder who Meg will kill this season, since John and Kevin already got their turns!" joke/comment.

Glad it's coming back, but I hope the new tax credits thing doesn't mess up any of the location shooting, because the scenery has been one of the highlights, alongside the acting.

• Love 4

I watched the first season and enjoyed it. Fired up the first episode of the second season and found myself thinking, "Damn, this is like a chore to watch." I'll put it at arm's length for a few months and then come back to it.

This bit of good news made my otherwise miserable day just a little bit better. Thanks, Netflix! Looking forward to more of the dysfunctional Rayburn clan, especially my guy, Kyle Chandler. Can't wait to see what Kevin does next. 

• Love 3

I excitedly told my husband about the renewal, and said "but I have no idea where they'll go for a new season" - and realized that's exactly what I said for the 2nd season. So I'm onboard - and looking forward to someday watching all of the episodes in a row (not quite binging, these bones are too old to sit that long).

• Love 3

I watched the first season and enjoyed it. Fired up the first episode of the second season and found myself thinking, "Damn, this is like a chore to watch." I'll put it at arm's length for a few months and then come back to it.

The first few episodes of the 2nd season are a little slow, but it does start picking up. Hang in there, it'll get better. No spoilers but there are some good developments and surprises. 

• Love 2

I excitedly told my husband about the renewal, and said "but I have no idea where they'll go for a new season" - and realized that's exactly what I said for the 2nd season. So I'm onboard - and looking forward to someday watching all of the episodes in a row (not quite binging, these bones are too old to sit that long).

The tag line for season 3 should be "Will the shower in Bungalow 3 get fixed"

• Love 6

It's odd just how much I worry about that shower !

I don't understand how you run a successful Inn for 30 years and can't figure out how to fix a shower? For a while I was thinking Danny hid something in the pipes, because the writers keep bringing it up but apparently are not familiar with Chekov's gun principle. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

God I hope not. Have dealt with it too much in real life. Don't want to revisit it in my entertainment (no matter how dark and twisty).

I get that, I've been through caring for relatives with cancer, Alzheimers, etc.  It's a nightmare.  But I think it's realistic that people have to deal with illness.  Bloodline is a very dark show.  It wouldn't surprise me if it went there, and I'm ok with that, although I can see where you'd never want to go there again.  I  think it's very realistic that parents get old and the children have to take care of them.  And then, there's all the stuff that comes with that.  My family was torn apart - I can't even imagine what's going to happen to the Rayburns if Sally has Alzheimers.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2016 at 4:57 PM, jtallman said:

Fired up the first episode of the second season and found myself thinking, "Damn, this is like a chore to watch."

I felt the same way, the second season for me was hard to watch because there was so much tension. But after a few episodes I was hooked again and wanted to see what would happen.

This makes me happy.  I love Kyle Chandler and Sissy Spacek. 

At times I get tired of the never ending drama of people finding or almost finding out about the killing, I am curious to learn more about the past.