Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Quotes: Oh, I'd wear clown makeup if I thought it'd get me a conviction.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Two jewels from "Sundown":

Green: What's that on your phone? Brains?

Rodgers: It's egg salad - maybe.

Green: You got another phone?

Later...

Briscoe : When will you know what time Mrs. Hallenbeck was attacked?

Rodgers: Tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier. Right now I gotta get a javelin out of somebody's chest.

Briscoe: What made you go into this line of work?

Rodgers: Free javelins.

The completely deadpan expression on Rodgers' face just had me rolling!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Oh yes the “free javelins” line from Rodgers is awesome, one of my favorite Rodgers one liners. Sundown is a great episode, it had another funny moment when they went to talk to the janitor who they thought had stolen the victim’s jewelry but it turned out he had been stealing hospital food! When finding a bunch of cans of peas in the guy’s apartment, Lennie quips “I thought only good boys ate their peas”.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

This wasn't a funny quote, but one that really showed Briscoe's compassion and empathy to his former colleague:

Tommy Brannigan: I let him go. He killed a girl, and I let him go.

Lennie Briscoe: So now he's caught now.

Tommy Brannigan: You forgive me, Lennie?

Lennie Briscoe: All day long, Tommy. All day long.

- "Amends"

• Love 4

Stone: “Does she usually spend the night on a parquet floor without a blanket?”

Lowenstein: “Of course not.”

Stone: “Did you go to Didi and check to see if she was alright?”

Lowenstein: “I…I didn’t feel it was necessary.”

Stone: “Even with a bloodstain under her head?”

Lowenstein: “I didn’t see that.”

Stone: “Oh, please Sir. I direct you to examine People’s exhibit number 37. It IS a photograph of a bloodstain on your living room floor. A blood stain measuring 27 inches by 38 inches. A blood stain the size of a small rug!”

”Indifference”

You can see and feel Stone’s rage during this cross examination. Never fails to give me chills. Moriarty SHOULD HAVE been nominated and received an EMMY for this scene alone.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Stone: “Oh, please Sir. I direct you to examine People’s exhibit number 37. Is IS  a photograph of a bloodstain on your living room floor. A blood stain measuring 27 inches by 38 inches. A blood stain the size of a small rug!”

”Indifference”

You can see and feel Stone’s rage during this cross examination. Never fails to give me chills. Moriarty SHOULD HAVE been nominated and received an EMMY for this scene alone.

He WAS nominated for the episode. It makes me wonder what James Earl Jones had on his Emmy reel to beat out MM!!

A couple of years later, of course, they'd share the screen in S4's "Profile"! Mr. Jones' real-life wife also had a role in that episode, as the criminal's sister.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Stone: “Oh, please Sir. I direct you to examine People’s exhibit number 37. Is IS  a photograph of a bloodstain on your living room floor. A blood stain measuring 27 inches by 38 inches. A blood stain the size of a small rug!”

”Indifference”

Yes that was one of Stone’s best courtroom performances, and it was one of the few times his disgust and rage at a perp was visible, he was usually very stoic, unlike the fiery McCoy.

• Love 5
Just now, Xeliou66 said:

Yes that was one of Stone’s best courtroom performances, and it was one of the few times his disgust and rage at a perp was visible, he was usually very stoic, unlike the fiery McCoy.

You could literally see MM shaking with rage! It was a great performance, arguably the best he had in all four seasons - along with "Sanctuary".

• Love 3

And, ethical or not, I loved how Shambala Green told Ben he didn't ask the right questions, i.e. where Lowenstein got the coke he gave his wife, and told Stone Lowenstein dealt it.

And when Ben mentioned the ethics issue, how she said she was Snow White. Great scene.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And, ethical or not, I loved how Shambala Green told Ben he didn't ask the right questions, i.e. where Lowenstein got the coke he gave his wife, and told Stone Lowenstein dealt it.

And when Ben mentioned the ethics issue, how she said she was Snow White. Great scene.

Her exact words were; “Because ethically, I’m Snow White. And I’m an officer of the court.”

I loved their relationship.

Judge Crutcher: “Tread lightly, Mr. Gaines.  I’m becoming annoyed.”

Then to wannabe Martin Luther King, Jr, Congressman Eaton;

”EXCUSE me. SIR.  Yours and Mr. Gaines’ clear implication is that I have been sitting here oppressing Black Americans. And I will not have it. And while I’m on the subject, this court would like to advise the defendants. In my legal opinion you have had reprehensible and irresponsible advice from their retained counsel. I hope you take what time has been granted to fully examine the situation and purge the contempt citation.  This Court does not relish having you spend one hour in jail for what it perceives to be the self serving actions of others.”

Novella Nelson was just AWESOME and I wish we had seen her more often. I loved how her judge SCHOOLED Easton.

”Out of the Half-Light”.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

Paul: Your intentions . . .might have been good, but your execution stunk.”

Easton: “Another zombified soul casts his vote for order rather than justice. Negative peace over positive peace.”

Paul: “Paraphrasing Martin Luther King’s thoughts won’t lend credence to yours. KING walked with the angels. You slide in slime on your belly to get what you want.”

Me: BOOM!🙌🙌🙌🙌

“Out of the Half-Light”

• Love 5

Briscoe: Hey, if I open an account over there, I get free checking and a toaster.

Logan: A two slice or a four slice?

Briscoe: Four slice. And if I deposit 50 grand, I get a VCR.

Logan: Hey, if you deposit 50 grand, I'm calling Internal Affairs.

- "Coma"

😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

A couple of Abbie quotes:

The episode with Annette O'Toole and Michael McKean as cult leaders, and Annette is describing their philosophy, or something: "Lady, you are creeping me out."

There was also the time she told Jack her Hook 'Em Horns would look good over the door of his office when he was embroiled in yet another ethics kerfuffle. Hee.

I wouldn't mind Abbie returning if they don't ruin her the way they did Jamie. Angie Harmon isn't the strongest actor, but I find her really appealing.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

A couple of Abbie quotes:

The episode with Annette O'Toole and Michael McKean as cult leaders, and Annette is describing their philosophy, or something: "Lady, you are creeping me out."

There was also the time she told Jack her Hook 'Em Horns would look good over the door of his office when he was embroiled in yet another ethics kerfuffle. Hee.

I wouldn't mind Abbie returning if they don't ruin her the way they did Jamie. Angie Harmon isn't the strongest actor, but I find her really appealing.

Bite your tongue! They definitely would ruin her character. I don’t trust Rick Eid as far as I can throw him.

• Love 4

Arraignment Judge Bryan: “I put people in jail because they don’t have .25 for bail. Mr. Ryder thinks the rules don’t apply to him?”

Ryder’s attorney: “I advised him it was all right. At worst, a technical violation.”

Judge Bryan: “Bad advice counselor. Very bad advice. I’ve got a technical solution for your technical violation. Mr. Ryder likes islands? I’ve got one for him-Rikers. 

Ryder: This is ridiculous.”

Ryder’s attorney: “Your honor . . .”

Judge Bryan: “Bail is revoked.”

Me:🙌😆🙌😆🙌😆🙌😆🙌

”Blood is Thicker…”

• Love 4
(edited)

(Briscoe and Logan go to a club where a loud punk/metal band is playing, looking for their suspect.)

Logan: I can hear it in my fillings!

Briscoe: Doesn't anybody jitterbug anymore?

(Later in the episode, Stone and Robinette are informed that their main suspect is dead.)

Schiff: Well, you're off the hook, boys. Alex Iliescu has been called to answer before a higher court.

- "Securitate"

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Some of the best testimony in the history of the show, from Profile, by the elderly man, Mr Jackson, who survived being shot by the racist serial killer, when pressured by the defense attorney on cross - “I remember the voice of the first white man that told me not to come in his store. I remember the voice of the doctor who told me I had a healthy son. And I remember the voice of the man who took out a gun and shot me!!” Very powerful, he was a great witness. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Some of the best testimony in the history of the show, from Profile, by the elderly man, Mr Jackson, who survived being shot by the racist serial killer, when pressured by the defense attorney on cross - “I remember the voice of the first white man that told me not to come in his store. I remember the voice of the doctor who told me I had a healthy son. And I remember the voice of the man who took out a gun and shot me!!” Very powerful, he was a great witness. 

I love his answer. It was so well done. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I love his answer. It was so well done. 

I loved it as well, one of my favorite and one of the most powerful pieces of testimony on the show. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Ben Stone agreed with you! "I'm glad Arthur Jackson is on our side. He could teach a course on how to testify as a witness."

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Schiff: “The gun dealer was in the yard at Rikers. Had his throat cut. Buenoventura was strangled in the kitchen at Dannemora. Manuel Ortega’s mother…fell…out of a window.”

Paul: “What about the little girl?”

Schiff: “She was picked up at school by her uncle.”

Ben: “She doesn’t have an uncle.”

Me:🥺😳😳😳😳😳

”Prince of Darkness”

We’ve discussed it before, but Steven Hill’s expression at the end says it all.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Schiff: “The gun dealer was in the yard at Rikers. Had his throat cut. Buenoventura was strangled in the kitchen at Dannemora. Manuel Ortega’s mother…fell…out of a window.”

Paul: “What about the little girl?”

Schiff: “She was picked up at school by her uncle.”

Ben: “She doesn’t have an uncle.”

Me:🥺😳😳😳😳😳

”Prince of Darkness”

We’ve discussed it before, but Steven Hill’s expression at the end says it all.

Most memorable ending in L&O history IMO. Chilling and unforgettable and the look of horror on Adam’s face does say it all. Prince of Darkness is an all time great episode, it’s so hard to narrow down the best of the best of L&O - but Prince of Darkness would make my top 20 episode list if I were to make one. One twist after another right up until the final line. 

• Love 3

Watching "Kid Pro Quo" on Sundance (Season 13 Ep 20). I don't know why this struck me so funny but I laughed out loud. Rodgers is going over the injuries the female victim suffered, mentioned she had a hip replacement and an oophorectomy. Lennie said, "What she had her "oofers"  removed??" Having been there, done that it isn't funny, but for some reason the way Lennie asked just made me laugh so much. Guess I needed a good laugh...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

(Ceretta and Logan are trying to find out if BioNorm has ever been sued. Robinette is at the computer.)

Robinette: Sorry, as far as I can tell, there's nothing currently pending against them.

Logan: A corporation that's not getting sued? There goes my faith in America!

- "The Corporate Veil"

• Love 4

Adam: “I used to ask, how could a man put a sheet on his head and lynch somebody? Usually he can’t. By himself.”

Ben: “But when there’s more than one…four cops let him die.”

Adam: “And 12  citizens did it again.”

Ben: “And they voted their indifference.”

”Manhood”

Powerful. Steven Hill was just awesome. And no stoopid dramaaaaatic or ominous musical score, Just two characters talking. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Gold: “I tend to agree.  Anyone fool enough to make incriminating  statements on a police station’s telephone deserves what he gets. But Mr. Bryce was calling from the sanctity of his own office. He had every right to expect that no one would eavesdrop, least of all a jealous employee.”

Ben: “Who acted on her own behalf. And no matter how reprehensible those actions, their result isn’t subject to suppression.”

Gold: What’s reprehensible is the State taking advantage of someone’s disability to violate a defendant’s right. Now, because they rely on TDD devices, should the deaf be more vulnerable to State sanctioned invasions of privacy?”

Ben: “The evidence isn’t being used against Ms. McKenna, but against Mr. Bryce, whose only disability is a callous disregard for human life.”

Gold: Your Honor, that’s gratuitous.”

Judge: “I was thinking the same thing about your motion. It’s denied.”

Gold: “In any event, Your Honor, the transcripts are irrelevant.  For all anyone knows l, they were manufactured by Marcia Hendricks to blackmail my client.”

Ben: “And that is an issue of fact to be determined at trial, Your Honor.”

Judge: ”Pont, Set, Match, Mr. Gold. Good-bye”

Me: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

”Benevolence”

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

YASSSS!!!!! Go Judge Quinn!!

Judge Quinn (trial judge) to smarmy defense attorney Tom what'shisface, played by the smarmy Bruce Altman:

"Off the record please. (to stenographer) I can't prove this Tom, but I think you're lying."

Tom: "Your Honor, really--"

Judge Quinn: "Don't play dumb with me, you didn't want Ben to know where you were going.  I'll let you have your witness. One of these days you'll get caught; You're gonna get disbarred, and I'll be there to applaud."

Me: Oh SNAP! 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

The next scene, between Tom what'shisface and Stone:

Stone:  A Chinese guy could blow you away and get off scott-free because of cross-racial identification.  And that's the most comforting thought I've had all day."

Me:🤣🤣🤣🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🤣🤣🤣

”Pursuit of Happiness”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

This happened in several episodes, but I always cracked up every time McCoy would yell, "Chambers, Your Honor!"

Am I a terrible person for wondering if SW ever said that to his real life wife?

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Am I a terrible person for wondering if SW ever said that to his real life wife?

About 20 years ago, Sam Waterston's eldest child, James, appeared in the abysmal PAX-TV Christy movies (a "continuation" of the short-lived, far superior 1990s CBS series). He played a minister. I kept expecting him to yell, "Chambers, Your Honor!" every time he went behind the pulpit!!! 😂

• LOL 3
(edited)

Stone: “We are making sentencing recommendations that your terms be served consecutively. Not concurrently. That means you’re going away for a long time.”

Elkins: “Just ignore him.”

Stone: ”Uh, apparently Ms. Elkins, Stupid is not willing to go to prison for you."

Me: BOOM!

”Breeder”

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I love these two exchanges:

Mike: "If it was me, I'd have the operation anyway." (takes a bite out of cold pizza!)

VanBuren: "Oh really? You have anything you'd think twice about cutting off?"

VanBuren and Brisco smirk as Mike pauses to think.

VanBuren: "Seventh grade. What's the first thing you notice about little Susie sitting across the aisle?"

Mike: "Come on! I was 13 years old!"

Lenny: "Oh, and everything's changed since then, right?"

Jack: "Haas tells one patient she's got a cure, it's a little white lie, she tells two patients, it's unforgivable; she tells three patients, she's a murderer! She tells four patients, she's a damn murderer! And it's all admissable!"

ME: BOOM!!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

"Second Opinion"

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jack: "Haas tells one patient she's got a cure, it's a little white lie, she tells two patients, it's unforgivable; she tells three patients, she's a murderer! She tells four patients, she's a damn murderer! And it's all admissable!"

ME: BOOM!!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

"Second Opinion"

I love that Jack scene, it kind of established Jack as different from Ben in that he was very visibly passionate about the cases whereas Ben was very stoic. 

• Love 3

From Progeny when ME Rodgers is being cross examined by defense lawyer Garnett about autopsying pregnant women and whether the fetus always dies at the same time as the mother - “Fine, you like this answer better, I’ve autopsied gunshot victims where the fetus died first, then the brain, then the rest of the body’s been kept alive on life support for a week. Your question is moot, sir”. Great response from Rodgers.

Schiff at the end “one for the book I tell you. Make it clear you can’t kill anyone and that’s what nails you for murder” Schiff always had great lines to sum things up.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Xeliou66 said:

Schiff always had great lines to sum things up.

Oh yeah. Like his sarcastic "Munchausen, Schumchausen" in "Precious" had me 😅 because I couldn't tell if he believed in that syndrome or thought it bullshit.

• Love 3
(edited)

Curtis: You know, when we saw the kid, he was playin' a video game.

Briscoe: Yeah?

Curtis: A new PlayStation.

Lt. Van Buren: CD drive?

Curtis: Yeah, with, like, 6 games.

Lt. Van Buren: Ooh. Crash Bandicoot?

Briscoe: Uh, excuse me, young parents. My kids' idea of high technology was Barbie's convertible.

Curtis: No, Lennie. We're talkin' 'bout 5, $600 worth of video game here.

Lt. Van Buren: Yeah. Who bought it for him, and when?

- "Deadbeat"

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 3

Asshole Barclay: "He and his father--they're all alike with their Irish temper-they lose control and the next thing you know, we've got a murder--"

Jack: "You think Harrigan did it because he's a Mick? Detective Logan is a Mick. I'm a Mick, sir, and if you don't shut up, I'll lose control and throw you out of the room." Turns to weenie Stewart Barclay: "Take that cap off. Your tough guy act is not going to save you."

Me: 😅🙌🤣 Jack pulled a Ben Stone with the "Sir!"😂

"Wannabe"

• Love 7