Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Hahaha well, I'd bet yours grow in at a downward angle? We'd just do a beautiful "o" curl shape, the curliest of them all, and voila! 

Yes! Exactly! They're very sparse and angle down, down, down. Like what is that about?!  I'm only half Asian! Why couldn't I get my white mother's eyelashes?! I have to use an eyelash curler whenever I need to look somewhat awake. Otherwise, what's the point. Gravity sucks and the universe punishes me. 

1 hour ago, Oklahomama said:

Y'all. I'm taking a weekend Babymoon to Dallas and I'm SO excited. I reserved a tour for ATT stadium for Sunday.

OMG. We should meet up and go stalking!!

I mean, not stalking per se, Mods, or Shelly. No restraining orders needed. Perhaps we could call it, determined looking? 

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Ante said:

Yes! Exactly! They're very sparse and angle down, down, down. Like what is that about?!  I'm only half Asian! Why couldn't I get my white mother's eyelashes?! I have to use an eyelash curler whenever I need to look somewhat awake. Otherwise, what's the point. Gravity sucks and the universe punishes me. 

LOL I'm sure you're mixed heritage is absolutely lovely!! My instructor, the amazing and renowned Anna Sue was Korean. She taught us about Asian lashes/brows generally growing in a downward direction, and also some black folks have extremely curly lashes and brows.

You'd do GREAT with an O curl volume lash application! There's more than one lash on each of your natural lashes so they're full and fluffy and so pretty.

Also, I think you just made a T shirt:

I'm not a stalker, I'm a determined looker.

BWAAHAA AMAZING!!!

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

If y'all lived here, I'd make you come be my models! I need to practice! 

If only!  My skimpy eyelashes are..well...skimpy!

16 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

some black folks have extremely curly lashes and brows.

I used to work with a black man who had such full, curly eyelashes he made me sick with envy!  Which brings me to another rant, why do so many MEN get nice eyelashes???

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Also some black folks have extremely curly lashes and brows.

This is me, although I'm white. My individual eyebrow hairs are curly and lashes don't all grow straight, some of them grow angled to the side.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I used to work with a black man who had such full, curly eyelashes he made me sick with envy!  Which brings me to another rant, why do so many MEN get nice eyelashes???

Your lashes wouldn't be skimpy when I was done with ya!

LOL I knew a kid in school with THE curliest lashes -black kid- he was absolutely easy on the eyes.

Also, black skin is generally SO much smoother as it ages. However, black folks are often prone to keloid scarring and darker skin can often be highly sensitive and sensitized. So that's not good!

2 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

This is me, although I'm white. My individual eyebrow hairs are curly and lashes don't all grow straight, some of them grow angled to the side.

CRAZY! I wonder how I'd do lashes on that type of eye? I'll have to ask my instructor.

• Love 1
On 7/14/2017 at 8:52 AM, GAgirl said:

I hope I have enough time this weekend to watch season 1; I've only seen season 6 on. I'm so intrigued by the stuff I've heard here about the book report.

I finished this weekend. I am simply amazed at the number of differences in the show. The pantsuits (on Kelly too!), tube tops at auditions, polaroids, fitness, having 2 girls drop out of TC at the beginning. I saw many low kicks (at least compared to now) and solos at finals that looked like acting rather than dancing. The polish and level of talent the girls bring has increased dramatically.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ellekotonyok said:

Season 6! 

I LOVE season six!!!

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wish I knew, I'm jealous of my own crotch fruit's eyelashes. They've been gorgeous since he was born, as a now twelve year old boy they're wasted on him lol. Mine are good one I get a few coats of mascara on them but without it forget it of course being blonde doesn't help that

• Love 2

Pfftt.. my lashes are the only thing I've got going for me. I have full on camel eyelashes!

My Mum says they are my best feature. Harsh as she could have picked my stunning figure (or not .. I look a bit like a hippo actually) or my sparkling wit.. but no, she went with my lashes.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BritFan said:

Pfftt.. my lashes are the only thing I've got going for me. I have full on camel eyelashes!

My Mum says they are my best feature. Harsh as she could have picked my stunning figure (or not .. I look a bit like a hippo actually) or my sparkling wit.. but no, she went with my lashes.

LOL!! Well you're lucky then. Women spend a *LOT* of money to have your lovely lahes!! And I haven't seen your lashes, so your sparkling wit is your crowning glory to me! ;-D

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

LOL!! Well you're lucky then. Women spend a *LOT* of money to have your lovely lahes!! And I haven't seen your lashes, so your sparkling wit is your crowning glory to me! ;-D

I want to get lashes done because it looks pretty on a lot of people but then I remember what happened when i got my nails done for the first time about a month ago. I was biting at the acrylic and in a week i removed them. With the lashes I'd probably rub my eyes until they fall off haha 

(edited)

Shout out to Patty, the sweet Mexican American woman who works the counter at the Einstein Bros. Bagels in Pasadena.  She was wearing her Cowboys helmet-with-the-star pin on her cap this morning, and when I noticed it, she told me that the Cowboys are her very favorite team (!!!) and that she loves going to training camp in Oxnard every summer to watch them play and meet the players.  She's disappointed that the Cowboys won't be coming to southern California for training camp much longer.  I love Cowboys fans, they are so openly devoted to their team.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Shout out to Patty, the sweet Mexican American woman who works the counter at the Einstein Bros. Bagels in Pasadena.  She was wearing her Cowboys helmet-with-the-star pin on her cap this morning, and when I noticed it, she told me that the Cowboys are her very favorite team (!!!) and that she loves going to training camp in Oxnard every summer to watch them play and meet the players.  She's disappointed that the Cowboys won't be coming to southern California for training camp much longer.  I love Cowboys fans, they are so openly devoted to their team.

Is it the Einstein by the Aaron Brothers? I volunteer at Huntington Hospital and me and my dad stop at that one in the mornings before, cool to see someone from around here on the forums!! 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, ellekotonyok said:

Is it the Einstein by the Aaron Brothers? I volunteer at Huntington Hospital and me and my dad stop at that one in the mornings before, cool to see someone from around here on the forums!! 

Yes, that's the one @ellekotonyok!  I come to Pasadena a few times a month for business and errands.  How great that you volunteer at Huntington Hospital.  Where in the SGV are you?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Yes, that's the one @ellekotonyok!  I come to Pasadena a few times a month for business and errands.  How great that you volunteer at Huntington Hospital.  Where in the SGV are you?

Duarte, my dad works there and I volunteer! Have you ever been to Marston's? AMAZING breakfast!!! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ellekotonyok said:

Duarte, my dad works there and I volunteer! Have you ever been to Marston's? AMAZING breakfast!!! 

Not yet, but now I will have to put it on my list of new places to try.  I love a good breakfast.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Have been to Duarte many times too.

12 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Not yet, but now I will have to put it on my list of new places to try.  I love a good breakfast.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Have been to Duarte many times too.

The french toast is quite possibly one of the best things I have ever eaten, and so is the pulled pork. The food is heaven on a plate. But make reservations, because sometimes (especially on the weekends) people are waiting outside in line. 

• Love 1

OMG y'all! So I am doing my family tree and I just figured out that I am eligible to submit an application for membership to the Daughters of the American Revolution! Turns out we go waaaaayyyy back in this country. We get our DNA tests back in a couple weeks so I'll have more ancestry details. It's nice to know my roots.

Anyone here a DAR by chance??

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG y'all! So I am doing my family tree and I just figured out that I am eligible to submit an application for membership to the Daughters of the American Revolution! Turns out we go waaaaayyyy back in this country. We get our DNA tests back in a couple weeks so I'll have more ancestry details. It's nice to know my roots.

WOW! That's hecking AMAZING!!!! 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

That is so great @QuiteCalM, though perhaps not surprising given your eloquence.  

Being a Daughters of the American Revolution places your family among this country's founding elite, up there with the Mayflower descendants and the Boston Brahmin.  You can count yourself among such notables as the Cabots, the Lowells, Clara Barton, Eleanor Roosevelt, Grandma Moses, the Vanderbilts, and the Whitneys, to name just a few.  I jest a bit, but that is definitely cool.  

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I have an ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Brandywine and Battle of Long Island, though my nephew reminded me that we lost those battles;). Just found out last year. I have not applied yet, but I have a friend who is a member of the Betsy Ross house in Philly. She wants me to join that chapter. My husband's family traces his roots to an indian chief in southern Maryland and some settlers. I believe you need documentation to apply. There is a source online for Revolutionary Soldiers roll. Everyone else is from Ireland:)

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I have an ancestor who fought in the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Brandywine and Battle of Long Island, though my nephew reminded me that we lost those battles;). Just found out last year. I have not applied yet, but I have a friend who is a member of the Betsy Ross house in Philly. She wants me to join that chapter. My husband's family traces his roots to an indian chief in southern Maryland and some settlers. I believe you need documentation to apply. There is a source online for Revolutionary Soldiers roll. Everyone else is from Ireland:)

Wow!! So cool! Are you going to do it?? You totally should!

A branch of my ancestry goes back to Scotland. This dude was born in 1710 to like, a duke or something. But he was illegitimate. So he wasn't allowed to continue the nobility thing (his father's family had an estate in Scotland that still stands in ruins), so he kind of became a badass out on his own. Well, at that time in Scotland, the christians were beheading people for heresy, and my man was *NOT* a believer, so he gave the single finger salute and rather than conform to a religion he didn't believe in (I LOVE HIM), this dude fled to America, where he met a Native American woman (Chickasaw tribe) in New York, who he hooked up with and had a bunch of kids and lived happily ever after. Anyway, I have to find out more details on the battles my ancestors fought in. Many of them died in battle I guess. South Carolina, Virginia, Connecticut. Another branch is entirely from Ireland. Are we related LMAO?!

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 2
On 7/18/2017 at 9:45 AM, ByTor said:

My husband and my crotch fruit have the. best. eyelashes. What is a boy going to do with fantastic eyelashes except make his mom jealous?!? @QuiteCalM can you do eyelash transplants from my spawn to me? 

IMG_0627.JPG

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, spazette said:

My husband and my crotch fruit have the. best. eyelashes. What is a boy going to do with fantastic eyelashes except make his mom jealous?!? @QuiteCalM can you do eyelash transplants from my spawn to me? 

IMG_0627.JPG

YES! Something like this ok?

giphy.gif

He's adorbs!!!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

@QuiteCalM my grandmother is a longstanding member of the DAR. I don't think they'd take me though. Probably wouldn't like my brand of humor, amongst other things.

CozU8UH.gif

Hahaha is she really?? That's amazing! well I won't share my atheistic ways and my sick humor with them. I save that for you guys. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Hahaha is she really?? That's amazing! well I won't share my atheistic ways and my sick humor with them. I save that for you guys. 

Yep! My grandmother is a proper southern lady. She says bless your heart and everything.

Honestly my grandmother is the biggest badass ever. She's 93 and she swims in the Senior Games (state and national). She just came home from the national games with more silver and gold medals to add to her collection. DAR is probably the least cool thing she does in the grand scheme of things, but it's still pretty cool, haha. She's actually one of the only living members left in her chapter. Organizations like that are definitely suffering with the boom of us millennial who don't like being involved in organizations.

• Love 3
Just now, Oranaiche said:

Yep! My grandmother is a proper southern lady. She says bless your heart and everything.

Honestly my grandmother is the biggest badass ever. She's 93 and she swims in the Senior Games (state and national). She just came home from the national games with more silver and gold medals to add to her collection. DAR is probably the least cool thing she does in the grand scheme of things, but it's still pretty cool, haha. She's actually one of the only living members left in her chapter. Organizations like that are definitely suffering with the boom of us millennial who don't like being involved in organizations.

Oh. My. God. I love your maw maw!!! 

Yeah, I'm not a joiner like, at all, and I'm a gen xer. But this seems worthwhile.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Oh. My. God. I love your maw maw!!! 

Yeah, I'm not a joiner like, at all, and I'm a gen xer. But this seems worthwhile.

Could be scholarships for you kids....I don't know if I'll join but it is cool to know he was in the fight:)

• Love 1
On 7/18/2017 at 7:47 AM, Oklahomama said:

Well heavens yes, I do! Pumps is basically my soulmate. It's so weird seeing all the restaurants I go to on TV!

Y'all. I'm taking a weekend Babymoon to Dallas and I'm SO excited. I reserved a tour for ATT stadium for Sunday.

Cool! Have fun! My birthday is Saturday. I live in McKinney area. Where will y'all be?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Cool! Have fun! My birthday is Saturday. I live in McKinney area. Where will y'all be?

We actually decided to go next weekend now. Crotchfruit #1 has his first indoor soccer game on Saturday. I think next weekend we are going to stay in Las Colinas! We usually stay between Frisco/The Colony but we are looking to change it up a bit this time! I'm originally from Keller, so we try to go back several times a year! Any good restaurant recommendations? Doesn't matter where. Happy early birthday!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

We actually decided to go next weekend now. Crotchfruit #1 has his first indoor soccer game on Saturday. I think next weekend we are going to stay in Las Colinas! We usually stay between Frisco/The Colony but we are looking to change it up a bit this time! I'm originally from Keller, so we try to go back several times a year! Any good restaurant recommendations? Doesn't matter where. Happy early birthday!

You used to live down the street from me!  We could have been friends!!  I mean, uh, like only if you wanted to be friends, of course. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, spazette said:

IMG_0627.JPG

He's too cute!!! But, look at mine, look at mine! I hid most of him though because I'm a complete freak and I'm terrified of those weird ass people in the world (not y'all, obvs) who steal pictures for terrible means. Maybe I watch too much Law and Order: SVU. 

IMG_5921.PNG

Edited by Ante
  • Love 5

@Ante nah you're not paranoid, my husband is a police officer and I'm routinely reminded of how horrible lots of people are. Plus he works nights so I also watch lots of SVU! I'm just not skilled enough to take a good picture of the baby while holding said baby without dropping the phone on his face so I take what I can get! ?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ante said:

He's too cute!!! But, look at mine, look at mine! I hid most of him though because I'm a complete freak and I'm terrified of those weird ass people in the world (not y'all, obvs) who steal pictures for terrible means. Maybe I watch too much Law and Order: SVU. 

IMG_5921.PNG

2 hours ago, spazette said:

@Ante nah you're not paranoid, my husband is a police officer and I'm routinely reminded of how horrible lots of people are. Plus he works nights so I also watch lots of SVU! I'm just not skilled enough to take a good picture of the baby while holding said baby without dropping the phone on his face so I take what I can get! ?

I have to say, I SO wish this was a closed forum. We like to share our kids, dogs, professions, locations and while I trust my pals on here, there are some lunatics out there.  And I'm sure, a select few on here, who I wish we could block individually and at our discretion, so we could just share with our buds that we felt comfortable with.

• Love 4

I think a handful of us are more like to get into an extension pulling slapfest with some former DCC and/or TCC but that's hopefully our biggest risk! 

Just saying...I don't want to cross Viv in a dark alley. I'm confident I can take out KD, but Viv has the touch of crazy that makes her unpredictable. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think a handful of us are more like to get into an extension pulling slapfest with some former DCC and/or TCC but that's hopefully our biggest risk! 

Just saying...I don't want to cross Viv in a dark alley. I'm confident I can take out KD, but Viv has the touch of crazy that makes her unpredictable. 

You might be safe if there was a camera on her, she wouldn't want to upset her many friends, but I agree I wouldn't want to tangle with her

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I dunno, I'd be afraid Schmathryn Schmunn would drown me in a puddle of her tears.

• Love 6
On 7/17/2017 at 4:59 PM, Teresa said:

So my husband, daughter, and I just relocated to the Dallas area due to my husband's job transfer. The first time I saw AT&T Stadium in person, I was in awe! It was so surreal seeing it right there in front of me! Anyway, I was wondering if any other die-hard DCC fans on here live in Dallas too? Trying to meet new people. I have been thinking about trying out a class at The Bar Method Southlake that Nicole Bulcher and her sister own since we live close to Southlake and they seem to have the best prices of other barre studios around. Let me know if any of you live in the area!

Where do you live? You can pm me. I live in the area, although I live in McKinney area so we may be about an hr. apart. My name is Theresa too. Lol 

On 7/20/2017 at 8:51 AM, Ante said:

You used to live down the street from me!  We could have been friends!!  I mean, uh, like only if you wanted to be friends, of course. 

Yeah I did my rehab in frisco. If you're from Keller, you may remember frisco 15 years ago had about 2,000 people. One water tower and a DQ.  I love Texas Scratch Kitchen, whistle britches (has a chicken biscuit that's delicious!!),  and La Hacienda in Frisco.  Of course, I'm likely to go to Cane's and Mickey d's lol. 

On 7/20/2017 at 8:48 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

You might be safe if there was a camera on her, she wouldn't want to upset her many friends, but I agree I wouldn't want to tangle with her

Viv is pretty small. KD is about my size, so I feel like I could hold my own with her. ?? seriously, I've had two strokes. I can't even hold my purse. I'd like to think I could though.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Viv is pretty small. KD is about my size, so I feel like I could hold my own with her. ?? seriously, I've had two strokes. I can't even hold my purse. I'd like to think I could though.

KD would close her eyes and windmill slap. You could dodge her. 

Remember Viv grew up homeless and had to depend on the charity of others for her hotdogs and cereal. All her life she had to fight.....

You could take them both. Just hold up a mirror and they'd both stop scrapping.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

@California Girl did/are you you going to Oxnard this year?

Thank you for asking @heatherrrrz, my daughter and I both really enjoyed Camp DCC at Oxnard last year.  But we could not go to see the Cheerleaders this year because one of my sons has been competing in Water Polo JOs in and around Irvine since last week.

The Oxnard performances posted on the DCC Twitter are Fire!!!  They are really on another level from what we have seen before.  Whoever choreographed those should be on a permanent rotation or just outright hired.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Thank you for asking @heatherrrrz, my daughter and I both really enjoyed Camp DCC at Oxnard last year.  But we could not go to see the Cheerleaders this year because one of my sons has been competing in Water Polo JOs in and around Irvine since last week.

The Oxnard performances posted on the DCC Twitter are Fire!!!  They are really on another level from what we have seen before.  Whoever choreographed those should be on a permanent rotation or just outright hired.

Fun, I hope his team does well! 

I enjoyed one of the performances, I think they were choreographed by the lady from LSU, I know one of them was.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Fun, I hope his team does well! 

I enjoyed one of the performances, I think they were choreographed by the lady from LSU, I know one of them was.

Thanks they are playing very well.

As for the performances, did you not enjoy the one with the 'racy' swaying as much.  It did maybe push the edge a bit, and being a pole to mind.  :)