Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Sounds good, I'll try that for sure! I made a "gazpacho" juice and it's actually tolerable. The more I drink it, the better it tastes. I'm just not used to how concentrated this is. WHEW! It is some potent stuff, man.

That sounds like the start of an excellent Bloody Mary. Add vodka and see how it goes!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

That sounds like the start of an excellent Bloody Mary. Add vodka and see how it goes!

Girl, this literally tasted like vomit. Right down to the acid sting in the back of the throat. Vom. It. 

The gazpacho one??? How is vomit taste tolerable?? 

Orange peel, yes. That sounds heinous. I had a roommate that went through a juicing phase...he was always hangry. I was glad when he quit but mimosas with fresh juice are amazing!

I have a little game , Pick 5 celebs that would make perfect DCCs and say why ?

I would pick Amber Heard , she has the perfect blonde DCC look. 

2nd Pick would be Australian actress Phoebe Tokin ( Vampire diaries ) she's pretty & still does Ballet 

3rd Juliene hough is prefect for DCC , dancer , has the look & the southern belle personality they like

4th Zoe Saladana former Ballerina and adds some diversity

5th a young Cameron Diaz who former cheerleader    

• Love 2

I had a fun Sunday morning...someone charged over $1,100 on QVC under my account for a laptop/Canon camera/laptop bag/Playstation game and $50 on Groupon for some cheap watches.  I got order confirmations on my email, so fortunately it was early enough in the process that I was able to cancel all but the video game on QVC, and I called my credit card company so they took care of the rest.  I did see the shipping address they used so I reported that to my credit card as well.  The thing hat really frosts me is that I think it takes somewhat of a brain to hack into someone's account.  If thieves like this used their brains for something legit they would probably do quite well.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I had a fun Sunday morning...someone charged over $1,100 on QVC under my account for a laptop/Canon camera/laptop bag/Playstation game and $50 on Groupon for some cheap watches.  I got order confirmations on my email, so fortunately it was early enough in the process that I was able to cancel all but the video game on QVC, and I called my credit card company so they took care of the rest.  I did see the shipping address they used so I reported that to my credit card as well.  The thing hat really frosts me is that I think it takes somewhat of a brain to hack into someone's account.  If thieves like this used their brains for something legit they would probably do quite well.

Wow. That's fucked up. Sorry dude.

This makes my gripe seem even more trivial than it already is.

I'm sick of baseball but the husband is glued to it.

giphy.gif

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Sorry @ByTor

Thanks!  It's just such an annoying pain in the ass!

16 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

This makes my gripe seem even more trivial than it already is.

Haha it's still a legit gripe :)  That brings me to another pet peeve, actually.  Whenever I'd bitch about something to my father he'd always bring up who was worse off than I was.  Well then does that mean that I have no right to complain about anything ever?  I think not!

I'm making myself happy by watching my favorite Twilight Zone, The Midnight Sun.  I love summer, the hotter the better, so I love this episode when the newsman on the radio announces "the temperature stood at 110 degrees at 11:00 this morning, humidity 91%"  I always let out an "ahhhh!!!" when I hear that :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Thanks!  It's just such an annoying pain in the ass!

Haha it's still a legit gripe :)  That brings me to another pet peeve, actually.  Whenever I'd bitch about something to my father he'd always bring up who was worse off than I was.  Well then does that mean that I have no right to complain about anything ever?  I think not!

I'm making myself happy by watching my favorite Twilight Zone, The Midnight Sun.  I love summer, the hotter the better, so I love this episode when the newsman on the radio announces "the temperature stood at 110 degrees at 11:00 this morning, humidity 91%"  I always let out an "ahhhh!!!" when I hear that :)

Oh my god that's MY fave TZ too!! Did you know that the director was so into "method" acting that he made the set hotter than blazes so the actors were actually sweating during the sun scenes? I am a wealth of useless TZ trivia, as I am obsessed. I watch it constantly. And I must watch every marathon. Our bedroom is based on a 1950s mid-century modern look, like the houses in TZ. On purpose.

I *HATE* it when people tell you to suck it up because bla bla has is SO much worse. Like, ok, if I bitch ALL THE TIME and for no good reason, fine. But I'd say having my credit card lifted and hacked gives me some bitchin rights there, pops!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Oh my god that's MY fave TZ too!! Did you know that the director was so into "method" acting that he made the set hotter than blazes so the actors were actually sweating during the sun scenes? I am a wealth of useless TZ trivia, as I am obsessed.

I never heard that!  If you can pass on any more knowledge please do!  I once dated someone who got annoyed because I "spoiled" the ending of The Hitchhiker.  I didn't think there was anyone who didn't know how that ended!

11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I never heard that!  If you can pass on any more knowledge please do!  I once dated someone who got annoyed because I "spoiled" the ending of The Hitchhiker.  I didn't think there was anyone who didn't know how that ended!

I'm glad you no longer date this person, anyone that dim witted doesn't deserve your badassness.

The melting oil painting effect was actually wax on a hotplate and then the hot plate was heated up!

I think the actress that portrays the main character is absolutely strikingly beautiful. Lois Nettleton is her name. That's not trivia, just opinion ;-)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I think the actress that portrays the main character is absolutely strikingly beautiful. Lois Nettleton is her name. That's not trivia, just opinion ;-)

she is...and I love the friendship between her & Mrs. Bronson :)

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, ByTor said:

she is...and I love the friendship between her & Mrs. Bronson :)

Oh I do tooo!! She was SO sweet to Mrs Bronson when she says "We're going to have to start depending on each other". Kindness.

DAMMIT! Now I'm going to watch it LOL!

• Love 1
On 7/13/2017 at 7:27 PM, Oranaiche said:

@QuiteCalM your "Drop Dead Gorgeous" gif in the 2017 thread just about made me spit out my drink. That movie is a fucking masterpiece if I ever did see one. I miss Brittany Murphy.

zXYocwU.gif

MQFbpod.gif

2FiNtwn.gif

IB8HhUI.gif

When they're dancing at the opening of The Star, Maggie says 'I can't believe Mr Jerry Jones is going to be sitting right there.' That always reminds me of this movie. 

• Love 2

I feel like all of a sudden more stories of people's credit card numbers are being stolen. It's ridiculous.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:41 PM, mmm said:

2nd Pick would be Australian actress Phoebe Tokin ( Vampire diaries ) she's pretty & still does Ballet 

3rd Juliene hough is prefect for DCC , dancer , has the look & the southern belle personality they like

Hmm, I really like Gal Gadot and she is beautiful, I think she would make a good ambassador being in Miss Universe

the model Esti Ginzburg, once again very beautiful

and probably Lana Del Rey just because I like her lol, but I LOVE Phoebe 

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I feel like all of a sudden more stories of people's credit card numbers are being stolen. It's ridiculous.

I had a credit card opened in my name last year. I had no idea until I got the collections statement. Needless to say, someone charged 5000 dollars worth of some bullshit to a paypal credit card. Then had the items sent to an address in New England. I reported that address to the police. It took me almost 7 months to get that wiped from my credit report and we were in the midst of purchasing a new house. Needless to say, I was livid. What is wrong with people?! I swear. 

• Love 1
Just now, Ante said:

I had a credit card opened in my name last year. I had no idea until I got the collections statement. Needless to say, someone charged 5000 dollars worth of some bullshit to a paypal credit card. Then had the items sent to an address in New England. I reported that address to the police. It took me almost 7 months to get that wiped from my credit report and we were in the midst of purchasing a new house. Needless to say, I was livid. What is wrong with people?! I swear. 

omgsh! I swear people need to just work for their money instead of trying to steal other people's hard earned money.

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Well, I got a call from QVC just a little bit ago to follow up, and the woman told me that the ship-to address that was used had been used a few times recently, so this person is certainly doing a lot of damage, and yep, there are many many more out there!

1 hour ago, Ante said:

I had a credit card opened in my name last year. I had no idea until I got the collections statement.

That's scary.  Some people really suck :(

• Love 1
On 7/15/2017 at 6:41 PM, mmm said:

Heather Morris from Glee. She'd blow them all out of the water.

• Love 3

So my husband, daughter, and I just relocated to the Dallas area due to my husband's job transfer. The first time I saw AT&T Stadium in person, I was in awe! It was so surreal seeing it right there in front of me! Anyway, I was wondering if any other die-hard DCC fans on here live in Dallas too? Trying to meet new people. I have been thinking about trying out a class at The Bar Method Southlake that Nicole Bulcher and her sister own since we live close to Southlake and they seem to have the best prices of other barre studios around. Let me know if any of you live in the area!

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ellekotonyok said:

Currently watching old episodes of Drag Race but I'm gonna change it to Hocus Pocus that is my movie omg 

Mine too! I'm going to Disney for Halloween and they have a hocus pocus stage show. So excited! I'm a 26 year old child ??

Edited by heatherrrrz

Lash extension certificate issued, and I'm rather proud of my first client! My model was our GM. so, no pressure lol. I'm on my phone now so I can't upload before and after but I'll post em as soon as I'm on my laptop! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Lash extension certificate issued, and I'm rather proud of my first client! My model was our GM. so, no pressure lol. I'm on my phone now so I can't upload before and after but I'll post em as soon as I'm on my laptop! 

What do I have to do to get you to do mine? PLEASE. I beg you!

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Ante said:

What do I have to do to get you to do mine? PLEASE. I beg you!

giphy.gif

Here's my first set! Her eyes are *SUPER* red normally, so this isn't a reaction LOL. We did a super natural look the first time, generally called a "mascara" look. Top Two are before, bottom are after. Enjoy!

JennC.JPG

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

giphy.gif

Here's my first set! Her eyes are *SUPER* red normally, so this isn't a reaction LOL. We did a super natural look the first time, generally called a "mascara" look. Top Two are before, bottom are after. Enjoy!

JennC.JPG

:::whimpering:::

Please take pity on me and my Asian eyelashes. 

• Love 2

That "Drop Dead Gorgeous" gif thread is life, @QuiteCalM!

Ok, I was so sad when GCB was cancelled. It was so trashy-delightful! Can not wait to read book.

RHOD...sigh. I loved Brandi on this show. Should probably be in UNpop Board...I liked how she genuine. If she didn't like something, she said it. She did something wrong, she admitted it and apologized instead of shit stirring for ratings sake. I know the DCC has chosen not to comment on the former All-Star's participation in the series. That's ok. It's nice they said nothing versus something negative

• Love 1
On 7/11/2017 at 0:57 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

needless to say she's not the best driver, funniest memory was the time she called me and told me she'd gotten two tickets in the same night in the same intersection 20 min apart. smh yeah the rest of us did most of the driving bc we didn't want to get in a car with her LOL

Hahaha. This is such a great story! 

• Love 1

@QuiteCalM Those lashes look great! They look really natural and so well placed; congrats on the certification!  My lashes are almost non-existent thanks to age and coumadin (rat poison for the win!)  With my hooded eyelids, the lashes I do have already touch my top lid so I'd look full-on ridic with eyelash extensions., but it's the first thing I'd do if I could.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Ante said:

:::whimpering:::

Please take pity on me and my Asian eyelashes. 

Hahaha well, I'd bet yours grow in at a downward angle? We'd just do a beautiful "o" curl shape, the curliest of them all, and voila! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Spooky said:

@QuiteCalM Those lashes look great! They look really natural and so well placed; congrats on the certification!  My lashes are almost non-existent thanks to age and coumadin (rat poison for the win!)  With my hooded eyelids, the lashes I do have already touch my top lid so I'd look full-on ridic with eyelash extensions., but it's the first thing I'd do if I could.  

56 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Very natural looking, great job!!!

Thanks guys!! She actually had to leave early so I'm gonna go fill them in more and do our assistant manager Thursday. I'll post pics. If y'all lived here, I'd make you come be my models! I need to practice! 

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Anyone watch Sweet Home Oklahoma? @Oklahomama?? It's FUCKING HYSTERICAL!!!

Well heavens yes, I do! Pumps is basically my soulmate. It's so weird seeing all the restaurants I go to on TV!

Y'all. I'm taking a weekend Babymoon to Dallas and I'm SO excited. I reserved a tour for ATT stadium for Sunday.

Edited by Oklahomama
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oklahomama said:

Well heavens yes, I do! Pumps is basically my soulmate.

Y'all. I'm taking a weekend Babymoon to Dallas and I'm SO excited. I reserved a tour for ATT stadium for Sunday.

OMG Pumps! Did you see the one where she's doing meditation? And we just see the two meditating and then Pumps' sweat socked foot in the foreground?! I was DYING.

AAAAHHH I'm so jelly! Take pics!