Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

So my sister and her fiance either want to go to Dallas to see a cowboys game for their honeymoon or stay on a dude ranch somewhere. What do you guys who live in the area recommend them doing around the area? I have the stockyards on my list as well as stadium tour and medieval times.

Which month? 

I was complaining to my mom* about having to pay Comcast another ten bucks (hopefully not more) for their sports line-up package (that's the only way to get CMT) when the new season starts.  And she said, instead of paying for three months, why not wait until the season is over, pay for just one month and record everything then.  And I said I can't bc I need to talk to my people (you guys!!) about it in real time.   She told me I was nuts...in the nicest way possible ;)

*She is fully and completely addicted to this show since we binge watched a season and a half when she visited me last.  It's very cute and funny to me.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I was complaining to my mom* about having to pay Comcast another ten bucks (hopefully not more) for their sports line-up package (that's the only way to get CMT) when the new season starts.  And she said, instead of paying for three months, why not wait until the season is over, pay for just one month and record everything then.  And I said I can't bc I need to talk to my people (you guys!!) about it in real time.   She told me I was nuts...in the nicest way possible ;)

*She is fully and completely addicted to this show since we binge watched a season and a half when she visited me last.  It's very cute and funny to me.  

I have the same problem and decided to buy the Season Pass on Amazon Prime for the new season and buy all the other episodes by Season! My husband thinks I am crazy but I do not care!

• Love 1

The reason I don't really watch reality TV (excluding MTT.. which is a dance show) is I hate seeing people embarrass themselves. And I am mortified for Jasmine's friends after that clip. 

*shakes head* what happened to her?!

It screams of desperation as neither of them look the slightest bit interested in each other.

• Love 2

Hey everyone I have a question and feel like moron asking this, how do get those little emoticons to type on your posts like a little happy face or animated image? I am at my laptop and I know how to insert a video or a larger image but not the small characters along with the text.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Hey everyone I have a question and feel like moron asking this, how do get those little emoticons to type on your posts like a little happy face or animated image? I am at my laptop and I know how to insert a video or a larger image but not the small characters along with the text.

Thanks 

There are probably add ons for Chrome or Firefox to get emojis, but I know I post from my phone/iPad which both have emoji keyboards built in.

36 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

There are probably add ons for Chrome or Firefox to get emojis, but I know I post from my phone/iPad which both have emoji keyboards built in.

Yeah, I just assumed it was because people are posting from their phones.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

But who needs emojis when you have THIS!

giphy.gif

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG I'M DEAD!!!! BWAAAAHAAAA!! Thank you for sharing this.

Thats evil! LOL maybe doing that right in front of the fireplace wasn't too swift

12 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

But who needs emojis when you have THIS!

giphy.gif

Thats awesome I will quote Jessika "Two for one special"

• Love 2
On 6/12/2017 at 9:41 AM, heatherrrrz said:

So my sister and her fiance either want to go to Dallas to see a cowboys game for their honeymoon or stay on a dude ranch somewhere. What do you guys who live in the area recommend them doing around the area? I have the stockyards on my list as well as stadium tour and medieval times.

Hmmm. How long do you think they'll stay? They'll need to break it into chunks so they don't sit in traffic all day. I'm not a big mid-cities fan in general, but Cowboys Stadium, Rangers Stadium (whatever it's being called these days) and Six Flags are all clustered together in Arlington. They could spend two nights/three days there, then head over to Fort Worth. Nice dinner in Sundance Square and dancing/live music in the Stockyards would be super fun. 

On the east side of the metroplex, there is plenty of patio dining and people watching...The Rustic has great food and is a great venue in general. Big backyard. Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum for BBQ. Plus, Medieval Times if they want to go again. And more shopping than any human needs at Northpark Mall or Highland Park Village.

Southfork is around 35 miles northeast of downtown Dallas in a little town called Murphy if they're old school Dallas fans. Call ahead about tours and such though. 

I also think Cowboys Red River in Dallas is fun for people watching, the circular dance floor and riding a mechanical bull. Best times to go are Thursday or Saturday nights. Gilley's is a beautiful venue but hit or miss. They can probably get this type of thing out of their systems in Fort Worth. 

Let me ponder on this more. Dallas has a lot to offer, but it's all centered around food and shopping. 

17 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Southfork is around 35 miles northeast of downtown Dallas

Really?  I always imagined it was like 10 miles away.  I had no idea!

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Really?  I always imagined it was like 10 miles away.  I had no idea!

And it's so much smaller in person! Kind of like The Alamo :) 

Murphy has grown up a ton and has all kinds of new developments, making Southfork look even smaller. I have a good friend who lives in a McMansion nearby and I drive past it every time I go to her house.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

And it's so much smaller in person! Kind of like The Alamo :) 

Murphy has grown up a ton and has all kinds of new developments, making Southfork look even smaller. I have a good friend who lives in a McMansion nearby and I drive past it every time I go to her house.

And what with all those bikes taking up all that space in the basement there....

giphy.gif

• Love 4
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

Hmmm. How long do you think they'll stay? They'll need to break it into chunks so they don't sit in traffic all day. I'm not a big mid-cities fan in general, but Cowboys Stadium, Rangers Stadium (whatever it's being called these days) and Six Flags are all clustered together in Arlington. They could spend two nights/three days there, then head over to Fort Worth. Nice dinner in Sundance Square and dancing/live music in the Stockyards would be super fun. 

On the east side of the metroplex, there is plenty of patio dining and people watching...The Rustic has great food and is a great venue in general. Big backyard. Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum for BBQ. Plus, Medieval Times if they want to go again. And more shopping than any human needs at Northpark Mall or Highland Park Village.

Southfork is around 35 miles northeast of downtown Dallas in a little town called Murphy if they're old school Dallas fans. Call ahead about tours and such though. 

I also think Cowboys Red River in Dallas is fun for people watching, the circular dance floor and riding a mechanical bull. Best times to go are Thursday or Saturday nights. Gilley's is a beautiful venue but hit or miss. They can probably get this type of thing out of their systems in Fort Worth. 

Let me ponder on this more. Dallas has a lot to offer, but it's all centered around food and shopping. 

Yeah...not sure how long they want to stay. They didn't give me a length of stay. Probably only one week since I think she's like me and can only take one week of continuous vacation but have two weeks.

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I hope Large Marge doesn't get ya!

It was a night just... Like... This. On a road just... Like.... This... 

Please don't get me going on pee wee quotes. We'll be here all day trying to unravel a huge cable knit sweater that someone just keeps knitting.... And knitting.... And knitting.... And... 

• Love 2

@QuiteCalM...did you just watch the movies, the TV show, or both?  I never really got into PeeWee's Playhouse, but I LOVE the movies.  I also LOVED Paul Reubens' little one episode stint on Everybody Loves Raymond.

• Love 1
Just now, Oranaiche said:

I....what? Why are you saying goodbye? Are you trying to break me out in hives? 

LMAO no I just thought you'd think this was funny. The look on news dude's face when some rando kid goofs on him.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

LMAO no I just thought you'd think this was funny. The look on news dude's face when some rando kid goofs on him.

(I did think it was funny, but don't scare me like that. GOD.)

IMG_0283.JPG

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

@QuiteCalM...did you just watch the movies, the TV show, or both?  I never really got into PeeWee's Playhouse, but I LOVE the movies.  I also LOVED Paul Reubens' little one episode stint on Everybody Loves Raymond.

not QCM but I loved the Playhouse, used to watch it every Saturday morning. I was a lot older before I saw any of the movies bc my parents wouldn't let me. Love Big Adventure now though, and we showed it to our son just in the last year, he thought it was hysterical. He's also enjoyed Playhouse as we've introduced him to it.

• Love 2
On 6/14/2017 at 10:26 AM, Oranaiche said:

Thanks ORANAICHE ! Works great ☺

• Love 1
On 6/15/2017 at 10:21 AM, ByTor said:

BOTH! I have seen the movie literally more than 200 times. I liked Pee Wee's playhouse but really am just nutty for his first movie. I don't thin I saw the Raymond thing! Now I want must. There's a show I loved.

• Love 1

@ShellyB this is just straight up nosey, so you can feel free to tell me to stay in my lane, but when you were a DCC did you have a job or were you in college? Or both? Did you live in Dallas? Were you roommates with other DCCs? Did you all have a salon you used or were you on your own for hair and makeup? Was your best friend a DCC at that time? Did you know Suzanne Mitchell? Did you marry before you retired as a DCC? Just curious about your experience! We know about Kelli and Judy but not so much about you! Thanks lady.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

@ShellyB this is just straight up nosey, so you can feel free to tell me to stay in my lane, but when you were a DCC did you have a job or were you in college? Or both? Did you live in Dallas? Were you roommates with other DCCs? Did you all have a salon you used or were you on your own for hair and makeup? Was your best friend a DCC at that time? Did you know Suzanne Mitchell? Did you marry before you retired as a DCC? Just curious about your experience! We know about Kelli and Judy but not so much about you! Thanks lady.

You forgot to ask for her bra size and favorite brand of tampon.

9VvBvjf.gif

(J/k you know I love you but that was a lot of questions.)

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Dang girl! thats a force! 

IMG_3599.GIF

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Job & college, Dance Major w/Secondary Ed. Grew up in Plano & lived on my own in Dallas towards the end of my rookie year. My 2nd year I had a roommate that was a  DCC. We did have a hair salon sponsor...3 different salons that spanned the years I cheered. We also had a nail salon sponsor. I have different sets of friends that don't really crossover, college friends, DCC friends & mom friends. My closet friend I only cheered with for 1 yr. We met in 1990, sat next to each other at finals, were in each other's weddings, she & her husband are my oldest son's Godparents and we live about 3 miles apart in the same development. Suzanne was not my director, but I did have the opportunity to meet her and speak with her several times. Intimidating but lovely. We were married 18 months after we met, in between my 2nd & 3rd year...26 years ago this past Wednesday. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Job & college, Dance Major w/Secondary Ed. Grew up in Plano & lived on my own in Dallas towards the end of my rookie year. My 2nd year I had a roommate that was a  DCC. We did have a hair salon sponsor...3 different salons that spanned the years I cheered. We also had a nail salon sponsor. I have different sets of friends that don't really crossover, college friends, DCC friends & mom friends. My closet friend I only cheered with for 1 yr. We met in 1990, sat next to each other at finals, were in each other's weddings, she & her husband are my oldest son's Godparents and we live about 3 miles apart in the same development. Suzanne was not my director, but I did have the opportunity to meet her and speak with her several times. Intimidating but lovely. We were married 18 months after we met, in between my 2nd & 3rd year...26 years ago this past Wednesday. 

Wow cool! Thanks for sharing! Suzanne did indeed seem SUPER intimidating. I suppose you had to (and still have to) be tough in that business.

Happy belated anniversary, that's a LONG time.....

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

You forgot to ask for her bra size and favorite brand of tampon.

9VvBvjf.gif

(J/k you know I love you but that was a lot of questions.)

20 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

Dang girl! thats a force! 

IMG_3599.GIF

giphy.gif

• Love 2
On 6/7/2017 at 5:11 PM, Ante said:

OMG. I officially adore you. My love for Estelle knows no boundaries! And little Oscar, such a carbon copy of Estelle.  I also cannot help but adore Leo. I love, love, love her energy and how Madeleine cannot control her. 

I play favorites I must admit and Madeleine is my favorite but Vic is a closeclose second. I wish I could model my life on Vic. She's been through so much and I admire how she handled it all. I have followed Madeleine for years and I just find her to be lovely. I know that there are sides to Madeleine that we can argue about and I know not everyone is a Madde sugar like me. 

Let's move to Sweden!!! 

I want to live in Sweden too!! Let's go together!

13 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying buzzer when there is a reply with muting your computer?

Click on your name and go to "Account Settings"; on the right hand side under "Other Settings" click "Notification Settings".  Under"Notification Preferences" uncheck the "Play a sound when I receive a notification" box.  That should work.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Click on your name and go to "Account Settings"; on the right hand side under "Other Settings" click "Notification Settings".  Under"Notification Preferences" uncheck the "Play a sound when I receive a notification" box.  That should work.

Thank You ...Thank You.... Thank You.... it was driving my husband crazy!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

www.dancespirit.com/cover-model-search

Hey guys this girl Haley Hartsfield is recommended by @ShellyB and is in a contest to be a coverall for dance spirit. I just voted for her but she is in 3rd place. I couldn't figure out how to link her IG account but if you go to www.dancespirit.com or Haley's IG page there is the link to vote. I thought it would be nice to help Shelly's friend win:) Who's with me?

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 1