Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Michelle/Bridgette.

Frank told her to put up Corey and Nicole, but Nicole would just go home.  I don't really care that much about Nicole, but a Bridgette win will not dent the boyz power thing going on.

The envelopes are numbered.  In the non rig world, which this may actually be?  That is more to give production a head's up for the live show. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, J.D. said:

True.  But I have a bigger appetite than just one woman per season.  :D

How are the HG's going to know which envelope is theirs?  Are they numbered or something?

They are numbered, they were talking about how Zakiyah has #3 and that is the one Natalie wanted but she ended up with #11, but she had already picked it up and they told her she couldn't switch it out once she picked it up. Nicole is convinced that Zakiyah got it because she saw #3 underneath some table. James said he picked #7 because it's his favorite number. So obviously production knows who has the winning envelope. I read somewhere they were talking about trading them, and then James came out last night saying production will be very MAD if anyone messes with any envelopes and they are NOT allowed to trade them. So I'm guessing they want to make sure whomever has it, keeps it. Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

They are numbered. So obviously production knows who has the winning envelope. I read somewhere they were talking about trading them, and then James came out last night saying production will be very MAD if anyone messes with any envelopes and they are NOT allowed to trade them. So I'm guessing they want to make sure whomever has it, keeps it. Haha. 

Interesting.  Did they show Frank finding his on Live Feeds?  I'm asking because people keep saying the game is rigged and I was wondering if they kept Frank's discovery blocked from the viewers so they can pull something shifty, or fuel the fire in that direction.

(edited)
1 minute ago, J.D. said:

Interesting.  Did they show Frank finding his on Live Feeds?  I'm asking because people keep saying the game is rigged and I was wondering if they kept Frank's discovery blocked from the viewers so they can pull something shifty, or fuel the fire in that direction.

They showed only Paul, Victor then went to Feeds when Victor was coming out and Corey was entering- they were out until it came back to Michelle sitting on the floor of the Paris room & there were no more envelopes. So we missed the whole house basically. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, J.D. said:

They did not show it on the Live Feeds. The feeds were down from the time Corey started going in to Michelle, the last one, being in the room. I don't think they would have been able to rig anything in that time, seeing as everyone was crowded right outside the room and they couldn't have known what number Frank would have picked. The only way they could do anything to rig it is in the DR.

• Love 1
(edited)

The contest is rigged.  I don't care how, but it is.  They went to a lot of effort to set that up not to use it.  They don't know who yet, they will wait to see how things are going. The first 4/5 are women except Victor.  Victor will probably get it.   Good story too with that one too.  Eliminate twice!  And the rest of that might read.....and he won! 

Sounds good to me right now!

ETA.  Frank is old news and would offer nothing but more of the same.  He is done. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I guess being numbered makes sense.  Otherwise, how could they keep them straight.  Say, for example, James sets his down on a night stand and goes to bed.  Then Corey sets his down on the same night stand.  They following morning, they each go to grab an envelope but who's to say which envelope belongs to who, if they weren't numbered?

I don't know if it's rigged, but it was a lot of work for something that won't really play out necessarily.  Although KNOWING the person you are voting out might walk right back in could change some things.

For example, say Paulie picked the lucky envelope.  I'll be astonished and doing a happy dance if he even has a chance of being evicted in the next four weeks, but I seriously don't see that happening.

Day, Nicole, Bridgette, and Victor are in the most danger of that.

8 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I just want ONE season -- just ONE season -- with really intelligent, strong-minded, independent women who don't turn into a mound of jello just soon as some guy twinkles his baby blues her way.  I want to see some WARRIORS not WORRIERS.  Day would be perfect if she wasn't such a heartless bee-otch!    A person doesn't have to be hateful, rolling their eyes and laughing right in front of someone's face just to prove that they got game.  

5 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Vanessa was on the show just last season. Heck, Tiffany was like that this year.

That said, sure, obviously I agree that it sucks that they mostly try to cast women who want showmances. 

I agree. But it also is harder for a woman to get credit for using a man because she's usually seen as useless and not a strong player (even though most of the time, point of having a guy is to use him as a shield). Just look at Liz - her and Austin had their "private" relationship, but she also knew she needed him to get further in the game - especially with her sister there. But the majority of people didn't see it that way - she was seen as a weak player who did nothing.

I think there's a difference between that type of relationship, which the player knows has a purpose in the game, and a woman like Z, who just wants Paulie. It happens to have a game purpose though that was never her real intention.

5 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

They are numbered, they were talking about how Zakiyah has #3 and that is the one Natalie wanted but she ended up with #11, but she had already picked it up and they told her she couldn't switch it out once she picked it up. Nicole is convinced that Zakiyah got it because she saw #3 underneath some table. James said he picked #7 because it's his favorite number. So obviously production knows who has the winning envelope. I read somewhere they were talking about trading them, and then James came out last night saying production will be very MAD if anyone messes with any envelopes and they are NOT allowed to trade them. So I'm guessing they want to make sure whomever has it, keeps it. Haha. 

Imagine if Z left and came right back in? I'd consider that a Twist flop for sure.

People were also speculating that it's #8 (which Da'Vonne has) because one of the signs is Ochos Rios. I don't think Big Brother is that sneaky, though.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

If Bridgette gets HOH, Day might be able to get in her ear pretty easily and Bridgette has always been a little weary of Nicole.

Da'Vonne is counting on it. But Frank told Bridgette Corey/Nicole (which she wanted to do last time, so I expect her to follow through), and Da'Vonne as a replacement. I do think that Natalie might be able to convince her to put Paulie up as a replacement instead, though.

And then there's Michelle who obviously wants Bridgette gone, so I don't know if she'd just go that way.

• Love 2

I think BB had hoped the secret room had gone on longer.  Unfortunately James can't read as it said "KEEP IT TO YOURSELF"

And Then Paul went freaking psycho about it making everyone nuts.

Day just said 3:00 is the coolest part of the day.  No dumbass, it's actually the hottest. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Corey had the clue before any of the girls.

CoUI1mSWIAA40RB.jpg:small

If he's a great big homophobe like they say he is, then he sure is playing an excellent game of convincing the viewers that he's not.

• Love 3

Paulie has come to Bridgette's defense (in private) a lot lately so I'm not so sure Bridgette would put him up. He also told Frank and Bridgette that he would take Bridgette in if Frank leaves.

I really want to know how Frank's girlfriend feels about how 'close' frank and bridgette are.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Paulie has come to Bridgette's defense (in private) a lot lately so I'm not so sure Bridgette would put him up. He also told Frank and Bridgette that he would take Bridgette in if Frank leaves.

Yeah - and Bridgette said she feels she has to work with the guys, so I'm not sure. Da'Vonne also told Frank she'd work with Bridgette. It'd be stupid for Bridgette to decide to work with Paulie/Corey when they obviously already have Nicole/Z/Michelle on their side. 

I do think, out of everyone, Natalie would have the best chance of influencing her. And Natalie basically wants Paulie to not get his way. The only question I have is whether Natalie would bother - she doesn't want Bridgette latching on to her, so she might distance herself quite a bit so she doesn't become a target.

I mean, Paulie or one of his minions will win anyway, so it won't matter.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Well he has her high on his hit list!  She is an easy out, he knows some girls want her out too. It is not personal, he is picking off the women. 

ETA.  Why do the boys like big Meesh so much?  I have missed something. 

Edited by wings707

BB actually still needs one more twist after this Roundtrip one if they still have 2 Double Evictions (I can't imagine them NOT doing two since those are usually their biggest ratings usually) to have the proper amount of people if you keep to the schedule they have been doing the last 3 seasons. 

I'm assuming they have some sort of Plan B if no one ends up getting the "Roundtrip" ticket. My guess is there is a Double Eviction in there somewhere over the next 4 weeks- so that will be 5 people that could possibly have it. 

(edited)

Bridgette will put up two of these three, and no one else.

Nicole, Corey, Michelle

James called others before the "keep it to yourself" flashed on the screen.  Still stupid of him though.

Edited by Umbelina
4 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I think BB had hoped the secret room had gone on longer.  Unfortunately James can't read as it said "KEEP IT TO YOURSELF"

And Then Paul went freaking psycho about it making everyone nuts.

Day just said 3:00 is the coolest part of the day.  No dumbass, it's actually the hottest. 

Yeah I can't believe they put all the time and effort into that secret room just to have everyone lined up outside it taking turns putting numbers in the phone and then everyone getting inside 5 minutes later. How stupid. Maybe it would have made more sense to call each person into the diary room and just say, there is a secret room in the house go try to find it but don't tell anyone and if you talk to anyone about it, what you find in the room is invalid. I guess people would be mad about the order they were told in but it didn't really matter who went in first anyway.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Well he has her high on his hit list!  She is an easy out, he knows some girls want her out too. It is not personal, he is picking off the women. 

ETA.  Why do the boys like big Meesh so much?  I have missed something. 

I think because she generally says it like it is (in her eyes) and to me seems more like 'one of the guys' than the rest of the girls.

• Love 1

LOL... I want them to do a rewind on the phone booth.  Have them all give back their envelopes.  Reset the code.  Have them figure it out for themselves.  And anybody who helps anybody else, automatically gets evicted.  :D

They are beating themselves up over this secret room today.  I am kind of surprised that they didn't think of this possibility.  I don't think the original plan figured they would have to announce this on the LR screen to get them moving!  There was also the possibility that only one person would solve it had they not pushed it. 

1 minute ago, brdwygurl said:

"Michele:  I accidentally tweeted a picture of me in my bra and a thong on twitter. My ex could leak it."

-----------

"accidentally" my ass

Groan.  I don't think she has to worry about her ex (yuh, right) leaking it.  If it is on twitter it is free game and it just went out all over the the place on live feeds.  She knows that. 

12 minutes ago, brdwygurl said:

"Michele:  I accidentally tweeted a picture of me in my bra and a thong on twitter. My ex could leak it."

-----------

"accidentally" my ass

Since no one likes her it ain't no big deal. LOL!! Michelle can't even pretend to be nice. No wonder non eomfthe guys wanted her. Hopefully, she'll be evicted soon. That said, she'll probably make the Final 4. LOL!!!

• Love 1

operation "steal basil leaves" was just in progress.

Natalie wanted some fresh basil for whatever she is cooking.  I guess she asked Bridgette if she could take some from her plant.  Bridgette said no.

Nicole, James and someone else (michelle maybe?) went outside to distract Bridgette so James could take some basil leaves (Bridgette is by the pool, the plant is up on the 'patio')

Operation successful.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Since no one likes her it ain't no big deal. LOL!! Michelle can't even pretend to be nice. No wonder non eomfthe guys wanted her. Hopefully, she'll be evicted soon. That said, she'll probably make the Final 4. LOL!!!

Paulie said she was going to be one of the last girls to go.  Who knows with him though. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Paulie said she was going to be one of the last girls to go.  Who knows with him though. 

In theory, that's not a bad plan. I don't think too many people in the house respect her or her game. She might not even get a vote. There's still a lot of game to be played but anyone against her might win. Now, if it's Michelle and Bridgett in the Final 2 it might be a toss up. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Frank, for no apparent reason other than spite, has completely tanked Nicole's game.

I love it! 

One other thing, I'd love to see Nat and James on The Amazing Race.

I am not a fan of their showmance at all and I don't like James, but I'm actually really down for this. And I think if they make it fairly far together it's probably a really strong possibility. They're very popular, much to my dismay lol!

[Frank]'s one of the worst players ever on this show, both seasons.

THANK YOU!

1 hour ago, mooses said:

Da'Vonne spoke to the cameras - she wants Bridgette out next, unless Bridgette wins HOH.

Day is so stupid. Like so stupid. Just horrible at this game.

49 minutes ago, mooses said:

LMAO exactly. No need for anyone to get their hopes up anymore tbh. At least for a few more weeks this is going to be super predictable.

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
54 minutes ago, mooses said:

LMAO exactly. No need for anyone to get their hopes up anymore tbh. At least for a few more weeks this is going to be super predictable.

Yep.  Think of all we can get done to rest up for the fall version. 

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Day is so stupid. Like so stupid. Just horrible at this game.

I cannot believe there are still 12 people in that place. Every week I feel like we say, "Well, once X leaves, these HGs will have to start making some new moves and go against each other." And it hasn't happened. After hearing Da'Vonne's plans, it probably won't happen next week either. 

I'm worried it's going to be like Season 16 - I kept thinking that something would have to give at some point, but it never did. Plus that Calafiore doesn't help.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yep.  Think of all we can get done to rest up for the fall version. 

And, no one seems too concerned about Paulie. What are they waiting for? LOL!!! The guy has already been HOH twice.

10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yeah, I have some faith in them when it whittles down to 6 or so people left. Double Evictions are big for Paulie as he is such a big target, but so is Corey. 

But until then? Just the boot order in order (with perhaps Bootee #3 switched with Bootee #2 if Bootee #2 wins Veto). 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I think that this season has become predictable. Final four will be probably Paulie, Paul, Michelle, and Corey. Maybe Zakiyah will find a way to get to final five, but James will probably be in final five. 

I can only see the rest of the season's evictions going like this: Frank leaves this week and they announce DE for next week (I feel like it's time). Day/Bridgette will probably go in DE, followed by one of them returning. The following week will have either Victor or Natalie gone, followed by the returnee. Then the last of Victor/Natalie will go, followed by Nicole and then either Zakiyah or Paul/James. That leaves the final five as Paulie, two of Paul/James/Zak, Michelle, Corey. Woohoo, what an interesting season. Except it's not. I just know the final five is going to be Paulie and Michelle for sure. Paul has an excellent shot at making final three as well. Then after that, it's a toss-up of Corey, Zakiyah, and James. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, mooses said:

I'm worried it's going to be like Season 16 - I kept thinking that something would have to give at some point, but it never did. Plus that Calafiore doesn't help.

I'm pretty worried about that now, too. I think it's a very real possibility.

Nicole just wondered if they could still get into the secret room. She went to try. James came up as she was trying and passively tried to get her to believe you couldn't go back in, but she went in anyway. Then she kept saying, "Am I in trouble." Then BB told them it was an indoor lockdown and she flew out of there thinking she was in trouble. It was all pretty hilarious. And SO Nicole.

• Love 2

All seasons are going to be like BB16 at the start of the season so long as they do these twists designed to protect big alliances. Last year was very similar to BB16 until they dropped BotB early and it went back to a normal BB season. There is still time for this to become a normal BB season (in a normal BB season, Paulie gets knocked off in one of the DEs). 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, teams and the rules for them blew this season all to hell. 

I actually enjoyed watching Derrick play, because he was just a master at this.  I enjoyed the subtly of his game.  It was a pretty boring season, but watching his careful manipulations was interesting to me.

Showboating boyz clubs are not.  Ditto when Hayden won, because again, excellent game play on his part.  I didn't want him to win, but I appreciated his calm, kind, ruthless drive to the end.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

And, no one seems too concerned about Paulie. What are they waiting for? LOL!!! The guy has already been HOH twice.

Because the majority of the hgs are weak players and they know they will have to latch on to someone to last in the game.  And Paulie hasn't piss off or betrayed the majority of the house.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think they can't really cast strong, capable women on this show because it just lasts too long.  With sequester AND super long seasons, how many capable women can afford to step away from real jobs, or their kids for that long, so they get these guys.

Although Bridgette and Nicole are both ER nurses, so there is that.  They've had a few moms, Janelle, Day, etc.  I honestly couldn't walk away from my child for 4 months if they were young.  I just couldn't do it, and I know that sounds sexist because the men can.  I don't judge them, but I do think it's rare that most moms would leave toddlers or babies for 4 months.

They also want mostly eye candy among both sexes.  They cast one, maybe two "off beat" looking people each season.  They want people who talk a lot.  They want showmances.  They want muscled men and shapely women to fill  out the swimsuits.

Face it, most of the men are muscle heads just as much as most of the women are vain and looking for love.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 12

Don't forget, this is the guy who told Michelle that so many people in the house don't know how to play Big Brother, they're amateurs, Natalie sucks because she doesn't know the game and she's so dumb, etc.

And I know it could have been a momentary lapse. I'm going to hound on him for this because he annoys me. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Michelle is saying she wouldn't want to go to Paris because the people are mean and hate fat people. If that were the case I would think she'd love that place!

ETA: There was a group on the Paris room and Day yelled at them form the HOH room and asked if they could hear and James yelled back that they could. Shoulda kept it to himself that you could hear. Might've been able to secretly get some info later.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

Nicole even mentioned it last night how they have been in the house for 42 days and they have had 4 people leave. As of Thursday with 55 days left they have 11 still there with one to for sure to come back- there is going to be a lot of Big Brother played really fast to get rid of everyone. Haha. 

• Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

All seasons are going to be like BB16 at the start of the season so long as they do these twists designed to protect big alliances. Last year was very similar to BB16 until they dropped BotB early and it went back to a normal BB season. There is still time for this to become a normal BB season (in a normal BB season, Paulie gets knocked off in one of the DEs). 

You're right. I guess it also gives me a BB16 vibe because I do not like the majority of the HGs. Season 16 felt like a slog. Even if things pick up this year, it feels like we'll still be stuck with a bunch of miserable people. I'll probably just be hate-watching for the most part. 

On the other hand, I thought last year was pretty entertaining - I was rooting for Vanessa because she was crazypants and ruthless, but I didn't dislike many of them. The different relationships between the HGs added a lot to the feel of the season. I wasn't a fan of Meg or Johnny Mac as game players, but  I thought they added to my enjoyment of the season.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Face it, most of the men are muscle heads just as much as most of the women are vain and looking for love.

Oh no doubt. The issue there is that "muscle heads" are trained through team sports to work together, so the stereotypes that they cast on the male side are stereotypes that will work together, while the stereotypes they cast for women are stereotypes that DON'T work well together.

• Love 14
Just now, mooses said:

On the other hand, I thought last year was pretty entertaining - I was rooting for Vanessa because she was crazypants and ruthless, but I didn't dislike many of them. The different relationships between the HGs added a lot to the feel of the season. I wasn't a fan of Meg or Johnny Mac as game players, but  I thought they added to my enjoyment of the season.

I loved last season. It was entertaining as hell. I guess perhaps that was just because BB16 was so bad and it just made BB17 look good though.

• Love 3