Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Chemistry Lessons

This show is kinda fun ... guy meets a bunch of girls, girls decide if they want to see more of him, guy picks two out of the positive thinkers ... and then it's down to one girl/one guy. And a new guy appears on the horizon. Not as meat-markety as the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows.

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Interesting mix of Bachelor/ette and Bachelor in Paradise.  I already hate two of the girls, Alex and Alicia.   Alex because she wears fuchsia lipstick, and because her connection to a guy is "Oh my god, I'm conservative, you were in the military, you must be conservative too!"  She seems like an airhead, and was too heartbroken over a guy she met three minutes ago not being interested in her. 
Alicia, because she decides to have a guy do a "pageant walk" and another has to answer "pageant questions".  Really?  Does she think guys like that? 

Just like on The Bachelor, sometimes there is a huge difference in looks when they take off all the make-up.   There were times when I couldn't tell who the women were, they looked so different.  again, don't guys tend to like make-up applied a little lighter?  Dark clumpy eyelashes and neon lips might be ok in a club, but under the harsh sun - not a good look.

• Love 2

I'm really enjoying this show. The intresting thing for me is that I can find these people on twitter, and the list of all the competing men is already up on wikipedia, so I can follow their reactions to the show too. Alicia and Alyssa were on Afterbuzz and it was fascinating to hear their behind the scenes info. Whom do you think BT will choose?  Kristin or I-forgot-her-name?

PS i really cannot remember everyone's names! so many A names.

Looks like ther's gonna be trouble in paradise next week between Dominique and Imari...

I love the chemistry between Alex and Lindsey. They really work well. I wonder if any of the couples are still together... when was this filmed?

• Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, backformore said:

I already hate two of the girls, Alex and Alicia.   Alex because she wears fuchsia lipstick, and because her connection to a guy is "Oh my god, I'm conservative, you were in the military, you must be conservative too!"  She seems like an airhead, and was too heartbroken over a guy she met three minutes ago not being interested in her. 
Alicia, because she decides to have a guy do a "pageant walk" and another has to answer "pageant questions".  Really?  Does she think guys like that? 

I hate 'em, too, and I thought they were both named Ashley!  Hah!   I am so confused, but having fun with this.  Airhead Alex throwing her head back and howling over not being chosen.  Hilarious.

16 hours ago, Big Mother said:

Looks like there's gonna be trouble in paradise next week between Dominique and Imari.

I hope they fly in a few more African American men because there are several really stunning African America women.  Not that they can't date any of the guys -- or girls.

This could all prove to be much more fun than watching JoJo being mooned over by her pack.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I hate 'em, too, and I thought they were both named Ashley!  Hah!   I am so confused, but having fun with this.  Airhead Alex throwing her head back and howling over not being chosen.  Hilarious.

To me, the funniest moment was when girl-Alex rejected (by that I mean turned left) boy-Alex BECAUSE OF HIS NAME.    Oh my god!  we're both Alex, that would be too weird!  Alex and Alex!  what if we got married!! We'd be the Alexes!  No!

Ok, not only did Alex completely lose it when BT chose someone else, but then she got angry with her roommate not checking on her. It's a dating game!!!!! You're competing for the same men.

And people are saying this show is empowering because the women do the choosing. Uh, I must have missed that part because all I see are women moving from group to group waiting to be chosen by men. Is it me?

• Love 3

Fun facts that I gleaned via wikipedia:

4 episodes in, and the only girl who has gone to the right all four times so far is Michelle.

3 girls only went right once out of the four episodes: Alex, Brittany, and Talya. Alex and Talya's only right swipe was with BT. (I guess that can explain Alex's meltdown, it was the first time the guy rejected her instead of vice versa.)

According to the amount of future guys listed as coming in, not all girls will ever get to go to the villa. I actually feel bad for the last guy or two, because there will be super slim pickings for them. Unless more girls break up.

• Love 1

I might have cared more about the outcome of the Alicia vs. Alex thing if the producers had done more to hide their annoying qualities before this episode to make them rootable.  As it was the entire episode was a drag, because I couldn't care less about either of them.  And Tyler is clearly still in the oats sowing stage of his life, so if Alex really is looking for marriage, then she should be thankful that she only wasted 2 days on him before he moved on.

• Love 2

We have 2 threads talking about one episode.  Mod, if you see this, how about only one thread for all episodes. There really isn't enough to say to have separate show threads and this one. 

I am not sure the other women like Alex.  One hoped Tyler chose Alex and I bet it was because she didn't want her to come back!  

The preview looks like something different happens when the helicopter lands.  Maybe there are as many men as women who arrive and the next one or two episodes have a different format.  That would be a logical way to finish rather than have one lone man with only a few choices.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Just checked out Domonique Price's website. I'm really surprised she would have such a glaring error on her site like that. 

What is the error, I know nothing about any of these women. 

Just now, wings707 said:

What is the error, I know nothing about any of these women. 

I second that emotion....I'm confused too.

Although I'm sad to see that ashy feet have again wrecked havoc on a beautiful photo.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

LOL. Yes, I'm talking about a grammar error. Just seems like she would have caught that, especially since her website is promoting her business. 

And she's a lawyer. I mean that was a major error on the homepage. How long has that been up?!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, snarts said:

Has the show been canceled?  No future showings according to my season pass list.

From what I can suss out, the show has 8 episodes, 7 of which have been aired.  Tuesday, July 5, according to Fox's schedule, will be a re-airing of the original episode.  July 12, the show is pre-empted by the MLB All-Star game.  So episode 8 will air on July 19.

• Love 3

On Twitter Lindsey responded to my query, that there are two episodes left. Personally I think no new bachelors are brought in anymore - either the four guys who quit/didn't make it are getting a second chance, or its a family visit, followed by the last episode in which the couples must decide if they are continuing.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2016 at 6:13 PM, ClareWalks said:

"So what if their great on paper..." splashed across the front of the page, is my guess. Yikes.

That is probably a typo that she missed and not a grammar error.  I type very fast; this puts me on auto pilot and I often type the no for know, there for their etc.   

• Love 1
On 7/3/2016 at 1:09 PM, Big Mother said:

On Twitter Lindsey responded to my query, that there are two episodes left. Personally I think no new bachelors are brought in anymore - either the four guys who quit/didn't make it are getting a second chance, or its a family visit, followed by the last episode in which the couples must decide if they are continuing.

I don't understand how a family visit would be interesting or relevant.  

One got no takers and one left that I remember.  Are there enough?  And maybe the men waiting in the wings we didn't see.  This all makes sense. 

Ahh , thanks to those of you who sorted out the future episode question. I'm not ashamed to admit it --I look forward to this show now. It's really grown on me, so I'm glad to hear we have a few more hours left. I think I'll go watch the aftershows online to hold me over.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, wings707 said:

I don't understand how a family visit would be interesting or relevant.  

One got no takers and one left that I remember.  Are there enough?  And maybe the men waiting in the wings we didn't see.  This all makes sense. 

There are four men here who got left in the cold: Imari, Taylor, Javier, and Stevie!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Scorpiosunshine said:

Ahh , thanks to those of you who sorted out the future episode question. I'm not ashamed to admit it --I look forward to this show now. It's really grown on me, so I'm glad to hear we have a few more hours left. I think I'll go watch the aftershows online to hold me over.

your avatar constantly reminds me that I need to tell my doctor that he looks just like Raul Esparza.

And then your avatar mocks me after I forget to tell him. :)

Oh....whats that you say? post something on topic?

Single ladies: Dom, Tatiaynna ( beautiful black girl/substance abuse counselor I think), Alyssa (the model), Alex, Brittany (owns a cosmetic company).  

So at least five ladies left....although I might be forgetting someone.

If I were Javier I would never agree to be on this show again, and I can't think of anyone that would really work for him.  Dom is even more reserved than he is.  He already tried with Alex/Alyssa.  Maybe Tatiyanna/Brittney, but that would be about it.

Imari can't be with Dom, but I guess the field is pretty open for everyone else.

Taylor is ugly, but I guess everyone would be pretty open to him

And Stevie got such a bad rap (IMO) that I'd like to see him get a second chance.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, RCharter said:

your avatar constantly reminds me that I need to tell my doctor that he looks just like Raul Esparza.

And then your avatar mocks me after I forget to tell him. :)

Oh....whats that you say? post something on topic?

Single ladies: Dom, Tatiaynna ( beautiful black girl/substance abuse counselor I think), Alyssa (the model), Alex, Brittany (owns a cosmetic company).  

So at least five ladies left....although I might be forgetting someone.

If I were Javier I would never agree to be on this show again, and I can't think of anyone that would really work for him.  Dom is even more reserved than he is.  He already tried with Alex/Alyssa.  Maybe Tatiyanna/Brittney, but that would be about it.

Imari can't be with Dom, but I guess the field is pretty open for everyone else.

Taylor is ugly, but I guess everyone would be pretty open to him

And Stevie got such a bad rap (IMO) that I'd like to see him get a second chance.

I do love me some Raul Esparza! =) Lucky you with that doctor!  ;-)

On topic:

Whatever the next few episodes bring,  I hope we have an update show.

Just a small correction: Taylah is the girl you're thinking of,  RCharter. Easy mistake since we've seen so little of her lately. She is so pretty and seems so sweet.  I'd love to see more of her and see her in a relationship.

**moved my thoughts about Alex to the correct episode thread **

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 1

I hope the show gets more seasons.  I'm liking it more than any of the Bachelor Franchise shows.  But it does need a little tweaking in that the dating pool of women gets narrowed down and the guys at the end have few to choose from.  We'll see how they handle that in upcoming episodes, I guess.

• Love 2