Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Spoilers (No Elimination Info)

• Start Topic

(edited)

There was a starting line task done as individuals, with the first people to complete it getting to pick their partners, schoolyard style.

Leg 1 is heading to Panama city.

Edited by TheRabbi
3 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

There was a starting line task done as individuals, with the first people to complete it getting to pick their partners, schoolyard style.

Leg 1 is heading to Panama city.

This probably needs a clarification. Production cast 22 individuals -- no teams. First task involved getting luggage from a luggage store with the flag of the first destination country, Panama. After all 22 Racers returned to the start line, then Racers, in the order they returned with the correct luggage, picked any of the other Racers as their teammate, until 11 teams were formed, and teams were released to take taxis to LAX.

This probably needs a clarification. Production cast 22 individuals -- no teams. First task involved getting luggage from a luggage store with the flag of the first destination country, Panama. After all 22 Racers returned to the start line, then Racers, in the order they returned with the correct luggage, picked any of the other Racers as their teammate, until 11 teams were formed, and teams were released to take taxis to LAX.

Bert? Elise? Y'all are killing me. Killing me. I'm hoping that CBS is impressed enough to give them a thirtieth season, which I understand would be "all stars" format . . . only the fourth in the show's history.

(edited)
On 06/14/2016 at 3:07 AM, theschnauzers said:

Africa is not yet confirmed.

After a lack of sightings, one of African legs will be in Zanzibar in Tanzania.

And also the leg after is Alesund, Norway.

All taken by RFF

Edited by ApprenticeFan

Confirmation of a leg in Zanzibar only came today (not known if it was more than one leg) as well as confirmed sightings of a leg starting today in Norway. Likewise, it is not known where or how many legs total were in between Sao Paulo a week ago and Norway today other than the one Zanzibar leg.

It appears the next leg will be in Milan, Italy. Assuming this is leg 6 or 7, we'll probably have another leg in Europe and then hit Asia for a few before the finale. Pretty solid route lineup so far I'll say. Even without new countries, they're hitting countries or cities that haven't been done to death already. 

7 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

It appears the next leg will be in Milan, Italy. Assuming this is leg 6 or 7, we'll probably have another leg in Europe and then hit Asia for a few before the finale. Pretty solid route lineup so far I'll say. Even without new countries, they're hitting countries or cities that haven't been done to death already. 

I bet Australia will be the penultimate leg before heading home after spent the last two penultimate legs in Asia.

Venice, Italy will also host a leg, the second time after season 4. The Milan leg ended in Lake Como.  So a rough potential outline so far:

1: Panama city

2: Sao Paulo

3 and 4: Zanzibar (have to assume there's 2 legs there due to production habits)

5: Norway

6: Milan/Lake Como, Italy

7: Venice, Italy

ApprenticeFan: assuming Asia is up next, then an Australian penultimate leg would be the first 6 continent race since season 5. I can't see it happening.  My money is on Japan, since they have been exactly every third season since its inception (except a bit closer in 18 and 20).

(edited)

TheRabbi, the last 6-continent race visited in the US season was season 11/first AS race. Though Guam is a part of Oceania. The 29th season would be the fourth time TAR will visit all six inhabited continents. TAR 26 and 27 had 2 back-to-back seasons within 5 visited continents (with the exclusion of Oceania).

Apparently, teams have spotted travelling to Greece by ferry.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
Greece added
(edited)

Leg 1: Panama City, Panama 22px-Flag_of_Panama.svg.png

Leg 2: Sao Paulo, Brazil 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png

Leg 3: Unknown

Leg 4: Zanzibar, Tanzania 22px-Flag_of_Tanzania.svg.png

Leg 5: Ålesund, Norway 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png

Leg 6: Varenna and Lake Como, Italy 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Leg 7: Venice, Italy 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Leg 8: Athens, Greece 22px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png

Assume if there would be one Italy leg takes place within two days as the production scheduling, with teams arriving in Milan, then to Varenna/Como and transportation to Venice to end the leg, if so.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

RFF is suggesting the next destination after Athens is Hanoi, which... is unexpected, both because of the distance and because of all the flak the show got last time they went there.

Also, based on the timing between Sao Paolo and Zanzibar, I'm about 70% confident the missing location is Johannesburg or somewhere similar in South Africa. It's too much of a time gap for teams to go straight from Sao Paolo to Zanzibar, but not nearly enough of a time gap for anything other than somewhere that was already on the way. (I can't see it being another leg in Brazil itself, because of Zika and because we were just there in TAR27; while another leg in Zanzibar is a possibility, this feels very much like a 'last roll of the dice' kind of route, you know?)

(edited)
On 24/06/2016 at 11:30 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

Leg 1: Panama City, Panama 22px-Flag_of_Panama.svg.png

Leg 2: Sao Paulo, Brazil 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png

Leg 3: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 22px-Flag_of_Tanzania.svg.png

Leg 4: Zanzibar, Tanzania 22px-Flag_of_Tanzania.svg.png

Leg 5: Ålesund, Norway 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png

Leg 6: Lake Como, Italy 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Leg 7: Venice, Italy 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

Leg 8: Athens, Greece 22px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png

Leg 9: Hanoi, Vietnam 22px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png

Leg 10: Ninh Binh, Vietnam 22px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png

Leg 11: Seoul, South Korea 22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png

Leg 12: Chicago, Illinois, USA 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1

Boo to zero new countries, which once seemed a temporary setback between Seasons 21 and 24 corrected by the latest four.

(Like, should've gone to Nairobi + Mombasa and Torshavn instead!)

Edited by Kanaloa
(edited)

New promo has released during Survivor will have a biggest twist in Amazing Race history with 11 teams of two that did not know each other. Much like TAR 26 consisted of blind date teams, it will be an all strangers by schoolyard pick to form teams of two.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

I am not sure if this helps, or means anything...

I *think* I actually had a couple of teams go past me last year in Melbourne, Australia. Searching back on Facebook indicates it was November 23.

I was walking along Flinders Street (opposite Flinders Street station) after work and two teams and a cameraman each went past. I recall one of racers being an Asian lady (and one of the cameraman was bloody hot), but nobody else stood out (bunch of generic white dudes lol). ;) Also it was peak hour with everybody on their way home, so it was fairly crowded and this happened in a matter of seconds. (One team and cameraman zipped passed, quickly followed by a second team). To tell you how quick it was, all six people zipped passed me in the short distance between the Woolworth and Fitness First on Flinders Street (for anybody local that knows that particular patch, their is only something like 10ish metres between them). One of the cameraman had a distinctive North American accent when he went past saying 'excuse me', nothing stood out for the others.

At the time I was thinking it was for an Canadian or Asian edition, I still don't know. I could very well be. It all happened very fast, so my memories of the events are not that long. One of my best friends reported seeing something similar, wherever he was that day. If anybody has any clues, I'd be interested to know :)

The weather was really crappy that day as well. Miserable (though it has been pretty nice a few days prior). I was mainly fascinated by the camera I saw the cameraman with (a little handheld rectangle thing - I know nothing about this stuff, but I found it fascinating for the moment I saw it.

Over at RFF, we had a couple of sightings similar to yours around November 23rd at Melbourne Town Hall and at the airport in Sydney (with a few pictures). We never did figure out which TAR version it was. TAR 29 filming was done months before this.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:54 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

Thanks for sharing, Robert and turns out a local race. TAR 30 is still on hold for production and filming will start once when TAR 29 is airing.

Pity it wasn't a revival of TAR:Australia.  That was one of the better versions, until Grant Bowler started phoning it in during the last series.

1 hour ago, Geenee said:

#TeamFun joins the fourth Canadian season's winners Steph and Kristen as the sole EP holders to avoid its use past the expiration date. 

Isn't that what happened to John and Jessica in Season 22? John, mostly, as Jessica kept telling him that they needed to use it because they were behind, and he kept insisting that there were teams behind them.