Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Man Boobs

Dr. Dubrow helps a mother who looks like she's been pregnant for 12 years, Dr. Nassif takes on a woman who hasn't been able to close her mouth since college and the doctors meet with a gambler with a serious case of man boobs.

(edited)

The man boob guy gave me the creeps.  Not sure I believe that he got implants due to a bet.  I think he loves the attention and getting camera time.  I wish I could articulate why he turned me off, but I can't really put the words together.

EDIT:  Back to add to my theory of boob guy - the amateur psychologist in me thinks that he never got attention from his dumb card tricks so having boobs would be a surefire way to get people talking to him.  He could have gotten them removed right after he won that bet, but he realized that after they were out he'd just be some middle-aged schlub.  I don't remember any talk of a wife or girlfriend, so that makes me wonder - what woman would be attracted to this kind of body horror.  I gagged at his crude line about getting lots of "chichi".  Really, dude? His demeanor was almost too upbeat, to the point that it was annoying to me.  I didn't like when he grabbed the doctors chest.  I would have pinched him like Mr. Spock till he cried.

Edited by patty1h
Adding more thoughts
  • Love 7

I think he had other reasons for the boobs too So he makes his entire living off of bets with rich people? What a world. I also thought the hidden pregnancy woman was odd. I can see hiding it from your parents, but sitting in the hospital and still refusing to tell them you are in labor? What did she think would happen? I'm glad the lip girl got fixed and hope she doesn't go the route of her mother, who clearly spends a lot of time on fillers etc. 

Fillers and Botox can look great if it is done by a qualified person. The lesson here is: if you can't afford good doctors, don't go at all.

• Love 2

Dr. Nassif did a fantastic job on the woman with the botched lips. I've had lip surgery (due to an accident) and I know how delicate it is and hard to get everything looking and functioning well. Kudos.

The man boob guy, or rather his presentation on tv, was fascinating. He has the exact same breasts that a woman has, but if a woman had them they would be blurred out. Since they are attached to a man's chest, they are decent, but if attached to a woman's chest, indecent and cannot be seen. Totally insane.

• Love 16

Lip Lady's mom referred her to a low budget plastic surgeon and messed her daughter's face up.  I'm glad they were able to repair her lips...she didn't need any work done to begin with.

• Love 1

I also wanted to say as much as I find Dr. Dubrow incredibly annoying, he did a good job on the abdominoplasty, especially on re-creating the belly button. That is a tough thing to get right, I've seen lots of them that look weird and fake but that one looked great.

• Love 2

On Demand doesn't let me skip the commercials, but I can fast forward through parts of the show, so I was able to skip the titular (...sorry) guy with breasts; he seemed like this week's version of the alien boy from last week. Although they did help him and everyone else this week. I'm glad they found and fixed the hernia that lady had, those things can be deadly.

I had to have my appendix out a couple of days ago, and I'm not sure I should be watching shows about what can go wrong with surgery right now. But I'm home and bored.

On 5/18/2016 at 1:16 PM, Peanutbuttercup said:

The man boob guy, or rather his presentation on tv, was fascinating. He has the exact same breasts that a woman has, but if a woman had them they would be blurred out. Since they are attached to a man's chest, they are decent, but if attached to a woman's chest, indecent and cannot be seen. Totally insane.

The most fascinating version of that on one of these surgery shows was a transgender person -- I forget if they were having breasts removed or added, but the show aired "male" nipples (on a flat chest) and blurred "female" nipples (on a fuller breast) on the exact same person, just with a different amount of breast behind them. Bananas.

• Love 8
On 5/18/2016 at 0:16 PM, Peanutbuttercup said:

Dr. Nassif did a fantastic job on the woman with the botched lips. I've had lip surgery (due to an accident) and I know how delicate it is and hard to get everything looking and functioning well. Kudos.

I was thinking the same thing. Women nipples, blur out. Men nipples ok.  What a double standard. Not only was boob guy creapy, his friend was also.

Glad your surgery worked out ok.

• Love 3

I didn't realize the show was back on and watched all episodes in a marathon over the last two days. I love this show. It's cracky fun.

That said, the boob guy can fuck right off. If a woman got a dick "for fun"/"as a bet" (whatever, guy), the world would would be up in arms. And hell yes to the bizzarro double standard of being able to show his boobs but not women's boobs. He was a complete creep, and I call total shenanigans on him getting any "chichi". Misogynistic piece of shit.

I know--tell you how I really feel, right?!?

• Love 5