Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

I can't imagine they'd bring Morgan back while Reid is in prison and not do the brother thing. That would be ludicrous. In a story I'm writing, Morgan is working with John Blackwolf trying to track the actual killer in Mexico, but Reid doesn't even know it. I would love it if Derek had been working behind the scenes all this time to benefit Spencer.

I will say I'm looking forward to Morgan noticing the banter between Garcia and "Newbie"... and not liking it one bit. I also want him to LIKE Luke (because who doesn't), but to side-eye him a bit when he and Garcia start in. If they do.

2 hours ago, Willowy said:

I can't imagine they'd bring Morgan back while Reid is in prison and not do the brother thing. That would be ludicrous. In a story I'm writing, Morgan is working with John Blackwolf trying to track the actual killer in Mexico, but Reid doesn't even know it. I would love it if Derek had been working behind the scenes all this time to benefit Spencer.

I will say I'm looking forward to Morgan noticing the banter between Garcia and "Newbie"... and not liking it one bit. I also want him to LIKE Luke (because who doesn't), but to side-eye him a bit when he and Garcia start in. If they do.

Who the heck is John Blackwolf?

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Willowy said:

It's too late in the game for it to be anyone other than Cat. I'm holding firm onto my theory now and anybody wanna take bets? :P

Man, 3 weeks.

Sucks.

I'm not going to take the bet now.  I saw on IMDB a listing for a stunt double for Aubrey Plaza in episode 22, if the information is reliable.

• Love 2

Ooooh, Lindsey Vaughn? Why would she do anything to hurt him? Or help him, for that matter? Interesting. Plus, god I'm so glad to see Diana visiting Spencer. If anyone can get him to fight, maybe it is she.

You don't have to put stuff in this thread in spoiler tags, it's all spoilers here. :)

I wish I had as good a memory as y'all do about past events. I had to go look up it up, because I'd totally forgotten that Aubrey Plaza was the hitwoman, and then I immediately got excited for that idea. I will say though, if she does come back, I'd prefer she were on her own instead of with Scratch, or that she'd get the best of Scratch in some way.

• Love 1

Sounds like a rush of memories to me.  All of the murderous women in his life.  Wouldn't be surprised to see 'Diane' show up soon.  

So, maybe this is one long, hallucinated dream.  It could account for the poorly written cases, the team virtually ignoring Reid (except when it's their turn to worry), the fact that only the newbies are actually trying to help him. It could even mean that Garcia's ridiculous chart was meant to be ridiculous.  

But, if it isn't, they'll still have to do something with Scratch.  He is, after all, a serial killer on the loose, and the main reason (on screen) why they lost their friend and unit chief.  Now that he's been spotted, they can't ignore him.

And, if it is a hallucination or a dream, then what?  If they get renewed, and Reid returns, he will have been the only one who has actually been through something.  For everyone else, it will have been business as usual. There will be no shared experience, no change in relationships.  Nothing except a more reserved and removed Reid, if they even decide to write that. 

For me, they've drawn this out for too long, without dealing with the repercussions of some of the most dramatic moments.  The writers essentially took themselves off the hook, by ending each episode with a crisis, and then beginning the next by implying that so much time had passed between episodes that Reid was already past the immediate emotional response.  To me, that's just lazy storytelling, especially since those crises were the only interesting things in the episodes.  If they'd dealt with them, I would be more on board.

I wish they had given us two or three all-Reid episodes, gotten it done, and moved on.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Aethera said:

You don't have to put stuff in this thread in spoiler tags, it's all spoilers here. :)

I wish I had as good a memory as y'all do about past events. I had to go look up it up, because I'd totally forgotten that Aubrey Plaza was the hitwoman, and then I immediately got excited for that idea. I will say though, if she does come back, I'd prefer she were on her own instead of with Scratch, or that she'd get the best of Scratch in some way.

Ah. Ok. Honestly, I just copied and pasted my post from a different site I had just written the idea and it copied the spoiler tags.

1 hour ago, normasm said:

Ooooh, Lindsey Vaughn? Why would she do anything to hurt him? Or help him, for that matter? Interesting. Plus, god I'm so glad to see Diana visiting Spencer. If anyone can get him to fight, maybe it is she.

Yeah, I'm excited about the next episode and the 2-part season finale :) I know Lindsay changed her name to Katie at the end of 3rd Life, but she easily could go back to it (and apparently has, given the character's name Gia is credited with. 

Why she would target Reid? My guess, she's bat- crazy. Maybe she saw him as trying to interfere with her wishes for the unsub teen to be killed (even though it didn't work and he was killed anyways). Or something led Scratch to her and she's under his influence.

Despite my gut saying that these writers have been erratic, to say the least, about the past, I am excited for "Lindsey Vaughan" (if that is her real name) coming back. I've been clamouring for years that the show needs to do some callbacks, and by now some of the victims the team has saved should have ended up as UnSubs, given what they have been through, so it's nice to see that the writers have listened.

(edited)
1 hour ago, autumnmountains said:

Yeah, I'm excited about the next episode and the 2-part season finale :) I know Lindsay changed her name to Katie at the end of 3rd Life, but she easily could go back to it (and apparently has, given the character's name Gia is credited with. 

Why she would target Reid? My guess, she's bat- crazy. Maybe she saw him as trying to interfere with her wishes for the unsub teen to be killed (even though it didn't work and he was killed anyways). Or something led Scratch to her and she's under his influence.

God, that would be so, so weird but it has plausibility. Do you think she would still hold revenge towards him for trying to prevent the killing of the unsub? He was just doing his job. He was also coming in to save her but her dad got there first. The case was almost a decade ago...but I guess revenge can fester that long. Just seems a little random.

In reality it's probably because Joe Mantegna's daughter wanted to be on the show again...but hopefully they can make it work!

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
(edited)

So folks, gonna throw this one out here and see what bites.  So I watched episode.  Not much to say.  But, I was looking at the screenshots someone took of the mysterious faces.  Its pretty obvious that one is Scratch.  Not much discussion there.  The next seems to be a girl, with long hair under a cap.  Lots of speculation as to who it was, or at least who it is supposed to be.  Cat Adams seems to be winning on that and given the information we have so far (IMDB), then it is fair to say that putting her name in the hat is a reasonable addition.  I think Gia Mantegna may have been the actor filling in.  Some others hinted and add to that JM's 'hints', plus a look at the features, and I would go with that.  I do not think that is any indication that it is her character coming back.  Just makes no sense IMO.

But heres the big one for me - there is another picture, where the face and hair shape looks different.  I actually wondered if it was actually MGG.  Then I saw the promo pics for 20 with Jane Lynch and I looked at  her hair shape...and wondered.  I mean, all that was going on, is it so out there that Reid might 'see' his mother in that circumstance??? Look at the pic and see for yourselves.  

So I wrote all of ^^^^^^ without looking at the cast list for 12:20, so had not realised that Gia Mantegna was actually listed.  So now I'm in the WTF mode.  Really, bringing back this character after all this time, as an unsub with a bee in her butt about Reid, is nonsense - if that is how this is or might go. I like Gia, so its absolutely nothing to do with her, but IMO would make 0%%%%%% sense.

Edited by PMPA
  • Love 1

Maybe Scratch and "Lindsey" are an item, with "Lindsey" drawn to him because the BAU couldn't save her friend or believes that the police in general are useless. Or Scratch is drawn to her for those reasons.

I'm just thinking outside the box...I want this to be something different from "Scratch drugs and manipulates someone to do a deed for him".

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, senin said:

Are you sure it's official?? Before I start cheering.... 

It's official about the show.  Haven't seen anything with definite info about the characters.

Renewal is official, Harry also got promoted to full Exec Producer along with Glenn. NICE, good for him!

From what I've heard about the actors contracts, everything is proceeding smoothly. Guess we'll see in May, if not sooner.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, JMO said:

It's official about the show.  Haven't seen anything with definite info about the characters.

Thanks !! 

And now we wait !!

• Love 2

I was hoping Reid would have been out for final episodes but this article tells a different story. I hope they dont end the season with "Reid still in prison" cliffhanger. I want him out when the season ends and working on cases in the next season (assuming MGG is still staying for season 13).

• Love 1

I hope there is a nice Morgan and Reid moment either in prison or in court or outside, basically wherever the script can allow it. I miss the dynamic between those two and Reid and Hotch. 

• Love 5

posted this elsewhere but bringing it here to share too:

Okay so there was all that talk about Aubrey Plaza...then there was all the talk about Gia Mantegna and her Lindsay Vaughn character and someone pointed out that her father ( I mean Lindsay's father Jack not Joe Mantegna lol) is in the last episode too. 

So I got to thinking. And maybe this has been spec'd elsewhere but I haven't seen it... they were both in WitSec and we know from the Mr Scratch ep that Scratch got into the WitSec database cause he found that woman who did the study about kids memories blah blah blah and under Scratch's influence slit her own throat in front of Hotch. Maybe scratch found the Vaughns in the WitSec db and has threatened to expose them unless they cooperate with him re:Reid. Since we've 'seen' Lindsay through Reid's memory maybe Scratch is holding Jack hostage to make Lindsay comply. Pretty sure we were all wondering why Lindsay would wanna harm Reid; the events of Third Life didn't really warrant any retribution. But her father being threatened might. 

And she wasn't wearing the protective mask in Reid's memory (neither was Scratch, also curious). My guess is that Lindsay is also under the influence of Scratch's spray cocktail. I wonder if *she* killed Nadie under his direction. Are they both there in that motel room? Is he waiting outside in that big@$$ pickup truck that we saw Reid chasing after in "Spencer." Though there's still the question of the drugs and money in that car's trunk. Obviously (to us, anyway) a frame up, but why? In case the murder charge didn't hold up?

etc. etc.

• Love 2

I do still think it's Aubrey. I could be wrong but Breen wrote a cryptic message in the Entropy script to the winner of the Trivia Challenge. I'll leave it for her to share it if she wants to, but it really led me to believe that Cat will definitely be back.

Unless of course Breen was deliberately trying to misdirect, but that's not really his style.

• Love 1

I'm trying to read and see as little as possible from the oncoming episodes, in fact I had promised myself not to come near this thread until episode 20 has been aired (not very good for keeping promises, as you can see).

Ten days to go!! It seems such a long time!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, senin said:

I'm trying to read and see as little as possible from the oncoming episodes, in fact I had promised myself not to come near this thread until episode 20 has been aired (not very good for keeping promises, as you can see).

Ten days to go!! It seems such a long time!!

I was trying to do the same thing Senin... No self control whatsoever.

• Love 1

we already know he DID hack into the WitSec database, Daniel. That's how he found that woman in the Mr Scratch episode. Mind you, that was *before* Hotch was in WitSec, but obviously Scratch does know how to get into that information.

Hotch knows how Lewis' mind works.

So he should follow "Old Testament" rules only if he wants to keep his family safe.

They are in some charming, rustic and without service place ;D

• Love 1

Fun for the whole family. I guess Erica doesn't pay attention to press releases, because this was known since the press releases for episodes 20 and 21 were published. 

I am freaking out about the fact that Joe Mantegna’s daughter (Gia Mantegna) is reprising her Season 3 Criminal Minds role (in the episode “3rd Life”) in Episode 20 (airing Wednesday, April 26). Any info about her? Also, can we say that, after Reid’s remembrance of the Mexico murder, Mr. Scratch has nothing to do with that? — Patrícia

So this is interesting — when I asked showrunner Erica Messer about Mantegna’s daughter, she was caught a bit off guard, saying, “That’s a bit of a spoiler.” And then she got totally tight-lipped. As for your second question, Messer said, “No, I would not rule Scratch out.” In fact, he promises to remain a factor until “the last frames of the finale.”

http://tvline.com/2017/04/17/supergirl-season-2-spoilers-alex-kidnapped-maggie-kara/

• Love 1

I thought the last scene would be Reid and Diana at the BAU, a hearfelt speech about how he needs time for himself etc, lots of hugging and crying and whatnot and out he is. That would still leave the door open for a guest appearance or two. But then Ted Hardwick posted the BTS with MGG in "court suit" in Reid's appartment.

Why would he still wear the court suit when he first goes to the appartment? You would expect him to change into something nicer, something that won't remind him of the hardest time in his life. So BAU first, then the appartment.

Why that freaks me out?

Because Scratch will be a "factor until the last frames of the finale". Maybe they will just show him lurking in some bushes BUT .....

The fanfiction I read in which Reid and his mother drive back to the appartment after he's being released and she stabs him to death under the influence of Scratch, well, it looks more and more likely.  :(

I can't imagine a scenario where Reid spends any extensive period of time in jail for S13. We may get a cliffhanger from S12E22 into S13E01, but that's it. Anything more and people may start wondering why Reid doesn't have his own show.

• Love 3

Maeve! Yes, elsewhere we were speculating that the last time Reid asked for help to find a loved one who had been kidnapped, it didn't end too well. Interesting that she either comes into his thoughts, or she's an actual hallucination, drug-induced. I'm thinking this is Scratch monkeying with Diana's mind to harm Reid in some way.

Edited by normasm

Well...based on the press release, Mr. Scratch doesn't make an actual, physical appearance. So I wonder if this horribly drawn out storyline won't be completely resolved (like Erica hinted it won't be and would carry over into season 13). I am SO over this storyline and I wish someone would kill it like Old Yeller and put it out of its misery. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

Well...based on the press release, Mr. Scratch doesn't make an actual, physical appearance. So I wonder if this horribly drawn out storyline won't be completely resolved (like Erica hinted it won't be and would carry over into season 13). I am SO over this storyline and I wish someone would kill it like Old Yeller and put it out of its misery. 

Except no one would be sad it was put down.....like we were with Old Yeller.

• Love 3

At least I wish they resolve the scratch storyline in 1st episode of season 13. 

Also looking at the pic it might be just a quick visit from Morgan to the BAU so we probably wont get a Reid Morgan scene. 

Anyways eagarly waiting for final episodes.