Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Right. I hope if they do the Diana angle that they really show depth. This is the oldest and most enduring and formative relationships in Reid's life (even though we've only been privy to it superficially in the last few years), and I'd like them to show it the attention it deserves. It could really be powerful if done correctly. 

• Love 1

Hi, everyone.  I've been lurking for a while checking things out before signing up.  I got burned at another site for not blindly following TG so I'm a tad leery to try this again.

I'm been with the show from the very beginning and will probably be there to the very end.  For the past four years I kept telling myself that I'm not going to watch it anymore and yet I keep tuning in week after week.  At times I thought I was a glutton for punishment....lol.  After all the shakeups and cast additions (hoping no more) are finally finished, I find myself looking forward to the season.  I think the new blood and the return Emily will give it new life.  Of course this hinges on the writers producing quality scripts and turning the focus back on the team and not on the UnSub.  All I can do is sit back and see how it goes.  I hoping it will be a success and continue for several more years.  If this is the last year for it, it won't be simply because of TG, the poor writing and its age will be the main cause.  Twelve years is a excellent run for a TV show these days.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TKL said:

I agree.  What they need to introduce him and not that much more.  Reid deserves a break.

Also, hello everyone.

Welcome. So glad you got my message. And found your way over here. I think you will enjoy it here.

And I agree about Reid needing a break. Us Reid fans could also use a break. A break from having him be marginalized as much as he has been these last few season.

• Love 3

Welcome, CrimeFAn12 and TKL. Good to have more people here, more opinions... and now I'm not the new-one anymore !!!

As I'm writing this have a re-run of The Hunt playing in the background , and they just showed the ad for next season, I'm not sure if it's the same one you're getting in the States, Canada,,, (remember, I'm writing from Spain) but it's mainly scenes from the Storm, and individual shots of the actors, including Paget. and they are still saying "coming in October", still not a fixed date. I'm getting really impatient now!!!

• Love 2

Come on ReidFan, I thought we were friends!! Don't do this to me!! I will have to wait for at least 2 or 3 weeks longer than you... 

By the way, you were really spoiling me with your pictures in the Matthew thread and I miss them. More, please!!

• Love 3

Oh geez Louise.  Why is the A in my screen name capitalized?  And how the heck do I fix it...lol?

I think the picture of Rossi is from the season I swear he dyed his hair.  There wasn't a gray hair to be found all year.  JM always has had top billing.  The place you want to be in the opening credits is first or last.  Those are the prime spots.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, CrimeFAn12 said:

Oh geez Louise.  Why is the A in my screen name capitalized?  And how the heck do I fix it...lol?

I think the picture of Rossi is from the season I swear he dyed his hair.  There wasn't a gray hair to be found all year.  JM always has had top billing.  The place you want to be in the opening credits is first or last.  Those are the prime spots.

Rossi's hair has been every shade of grey and also black. It's weird because there's no rhyme or reason to it except to assume he dyes it because he didn't start out dark and gradually get grayer. I don't know who decides these things, if it's Joe or the hair folks at CM, but no matter what color his hair is, his face is always orange.  I gave up on the makeup folks at CM years ago. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CrimeFAn12 said:

Lol...I never noticed the makeup.  I just remember in his first episode, his beard kept changing throughout it.  It was there full, then it wasn't there and then in the middle like it was growing in.

Maybe this is proof that Rossi is in fact "ProfileBot 3000" and thus can change his hairstyle on a whim. :D

*ducks flying vegetables*

• Love 2

I can't get that page to load, but I did already list the first 7 episode titles earlier in this (or maybe one of the other ?) threads:  

12 01 Crimson King (director Glenn Kershaw, writer Breen Frazier)

12 02 Sick Day (director Larry Teng, writer Virgil Williams)

12 03 Taboo  (director Alec Smight, writer Karen Maser)

12 04  Keeper (director Sharat Raju, writer Bruce Zimmerman)

12 05  Anti Terror Squad (director Tawnia McKiernan, writer Stephanie SenGupta)

12 06 Elliott's Pond (director Matthew Gray Gubler, writer Erica Messer)

12 07 Mirror Image (director Joe Mantegna, writer Breen Frazier)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I can't get that page to load, but I did already list the first 7 episode titles earlier in this (or maybe one of the other ?) threads:  

12 01 Crimson King (director Glenn Kershaw, writer Breen Frazier)

12 02 Sick Day (director Larry Teng, writer Virgil Williams)

12 03 Taboo  (director Alec Smight, writer Karen Maser)

12 04  Keeper (director Sharat Raju, writer Bruce Zimmerman)

12 05  Anti Terror Squad (director Tawnia McKiernan, writer Stephanie SenGupta)

12 06 Elliott's Pond (director Matthew Gray Gubler, writer Erica Messer)

12 07 Mirror Image (director Joe Mantegna, writer Breen Frazier)

Thanks! The CM wiki lists the episodes: http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Season_Twelve

I sometimes update it if I get the info quickly enough.

On 16/9/2016 at 2:29 AM, SSAHotchner said:

First of all, I want to say that I don't like that promo pic. It's weird for me that they are such different sizes. And it breaks my heart to not see Hotch. If they want to feature an actor prominently, do it by giving them screen time and not a promo pic. 

I love Paget and I think it makes sense to have Prentiss as the unit chief. That said, I just cannot watch without Hotch. Smoker, you and I are of the same mind on this. 

As for JJ, loved her as the media liaison and was thrilled when they brought her back. But, by the end of season 7, I grew to not care for her based on what they've done to her character. I didn't mind that they made her a profiler, although I preferred her role as the media liaison, but when they started to make her super JJ, it turned me off, especially when in so many episodes she was given so much to do and others were barely given anything. There could be all kinds of reasons for this, but it just bothered me. I don't mind when a cast member gets an episode or two that centers on them, but by season 8 it had become the JJ/Morgan Show. And I also mind when they have JJ take over. Hotch was the unit chief and he should have been the one to decide how to proceed, when to give the profile, what to discuss with the local LEOs, etc. Let me add that I don't like it when any character does this, not just JJ, lest I be accused of being "a hater."

I agree wholeheartedly with JMO about the missed opportunities on CM. Every season I think it's going to be the last one, so I've given up hope of them ever getting some decent writers or returning to the original premise of the show. And now, without Hotch, I won't be watching.

Amen. I think I could put your comment in a frame SSAHotchner :)

I can't stand the cheapy insubordination.

In the golden age, when someone went rogue, Hotch disapproved it (sometimes), even other members of the team gave a reproving look. Rossi in About face, Reid in Elephant's Memory or Morgan in: In Heat, Lo-Fi, Hopeless, Cradle to Grave,... and JJ (as a profiler) is as insubordinate as Morgan. It's beyond me why their attitud is acepted so passively and so often.

In regard to the missed opportunities you both can add me to that club. It's such a shame.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2016 at 9:53 PM, SSAHotchner said:

Rossi's hair has been every shade of grey and also black. It's weird because there's no rhyme or reason to it except to assume he dyes it because he didn't start out dark and gradually get grayer. I don't know who decides these things, if it's Joe or the hair folks at CM, but no matter what color his hair is, his face is always orange.  I gave up on the makeup folks at CM years ago. 

In the pic Joe's hair looks like it was dyed by black shoe polish, pumpkin spice black shoe polish.

• Love 6

Hmm, I would think if any one of our gals would be described as 'vanilla', it would be JJ. Midwestern, corn-fed, wife and mommy (off the clock)...

Emily's a fallen Catholic with punk roots that 'sins to win' in Vegas every chance she gets. 

While I think that both her and JJ are badasses in their own way, I disagree that Prentiss fits the vanilla label.

• Love 5

just saw the new season promo, and I gotta say other than missing Hotch :-( it looks kinda promising. *first* face we see is Reid's, and he's badassing with the gun, just like he did in the last few eps of last season. I'm hoping our fears of him being pushed into the background are not materialising :) There's even a side by side scene of joint drawn weapons with New Guy :) (which, lol, I am in the process of writing another fanfic. Almost complete, I was giving it a reread, where I go through it with the thought that I'm seeing it for the first time, for clarity and corrections. And I missed something. And a beta reader is LOLing and I wonder why.... well what is wrong with this: "He came around a corner and slid to a stop as he recognised the five faces sitting in the waiting room. Lewis, Rodriguez, Garcia, Prentiss and JJ were engrossed in a conversation and it was Prentiss who looked up and saw him first."

I read it four times and saw nothing wrong with it. She read it once and laughed her ass off :-\

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Franky said:

Hmm, I would think if any one of our gals would be described as 'vanilla', it would be JJ. Midwestern, corn-fed, wife and mommy (off the clock)...

Emily's a fallen Catholic with punk roots that 'sins to win' in Vegas every chance she gets. 

While I think that both her and JJ are badasses in their own way, I disagree that Prentiss fits the vanilla label.

JJ is actually from a small town in Pennsylvania, which is in the east. But other than that, I totally agree with you.

Just now, Bookish Jen said:

JJ is actually from a small town in Pennsylvania, which is in the east. But other than that, I totally agree with you.

That's right! :)

8 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

just saw the new season promo, and I gotta say other than missing Hotch :-( it looks kinda promising. *first* face we see is Reid's, and he's badassing with the gun, just like he did in the last few eps of last season. I'm hoping our fears of him being pushed into the background are not materialising :) There's even a side by side scene of joint drawn weapons with New Guy :) (which, lol, I am in the process of writing another fanfic. Almost complete, I was giving it a reread, where I go through it with the thought that I'm seeing it for the first time, for clarity and corrections. And I missed something. And a beta reader is LOLing and I wonder why.... well what is wrong with this: "He came around a corner and slid to a stop as he recognised the five faces sitting in the waiting room. Lewis, Rodriguez, Garcia, Prentiss and JJ were engrossed in a conversation and it was Prentiss who looked up and saw him first."

I read it four times and saw nothing wrong with it. She read it once and laughed her ass off :-\

Hee, his name is Alvez, not Rodriguez.

• Love 1