Type keyword(s) to search

Dorian Gray: Looking Good!

Character Bio:

Dorian Gray is a fabulously wealthy young gentleman who is almost unnerving in his beauty. His skin seems to radiate a golden glow of intoxicating youth and promise. A recklessly abandoned sensualist, he has a devil-may-care attitude that borders on dangerous. Nothing seems to faze him, nor are any risks too great. In fact, he is unnaturally drawn to them.

penny_dreadful_ver3-401.jpg

I only ask that his hairstyle be changed. 

Besides that, excited to see him back on the show again! Not sure where Vanessa's fascination with him is going, or if he's going to share a storyline with Brona instead. 

I've been listening to Dorian and his brother rock out on youtube. He's actually pretty good. lol.

I think he has a very photogenic face. I don't always consider him attractive, he's too pretty boy, but there are definitely times when the camera catches his face and I get why so many people might fall for him.

I find him OK as Dorian. I can't believe the actor is 31. He looks 21. I think no one can or should out-smolder Eva Green, but I enjoy his character interacting with the others quite a lot. I like how he always asks for permission before advancing.

I really do think it's the hair. It makes him so...boy-band.

I don't get boy band, to me he's the very image of young Trent Reznor, who I found pretty damn hot, and actually very Dorian Gray-esque. It's amazing to me how much Reeve Carney looks like Trent.

• Love 1

I'm really trying to settle on what it is that I don't like about this Dorian. I don't find him attractive but I can see how some people would...maybe it's the affectation. There are moments when he just doesn't seem to fit into the time period. That may be intentional but all the anachronisms feel too modern.

• Love 2

I'm really trying to settle on what it is that I don't like about this Dorian. I don't find him attractive but I can see how some people would...maybe it's the affectation. There are moments when he just doesn't seem to fit into the time period. That may be intentional but all the anachronisms feel too modern.

I think he is a hottie. However, I'm annoyed that they have him swanning around in public in an open necked shirt. That is very anachronistic. Even avant garde guys like Whistler and Wilde wore cravats.

• Love 1

I've been binge-watching PD over the last month with the boyfriend.  I've found that Dorian Gray is my least favorite character.  I think the actor is fine, but to me his portrayed youth is off-putting.  When I picture Dorian, I think of a man slightly older, whose youth is fading and who would do anything to stay the aging process.  This Dorian doesn't seem old enough to me to quite appreciate his youth yet.  Perhaps a backstory would flesh all that out for me.

Just finishing binge watching PD.   Dorian is a)  emotionally the deadest of all the characters and b) an emotional vampire.

Every other character even the possessed and deceased can manufacture thier own emotions even if its just angst. Dorian however is truly dead  and can only leach off those around him. As pointed out in the episode threads Dorian doesnt have a central core personality , He changes to become a reflection of his companion--seductive, frank , romantic, cruel.  But it only lasts for a time ,he becomes bored and moves on to the next host.

Even with Lily he still couldnt muster an opinion to kill Victor or not, instead throwing it back to Lily.  Because he still doesnt care. His callousness is simply a weak reflection of his companion's.   Eventually he'll get bored. The problem for him is that Lily might have other plans for him.