Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: One Last Dance

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I'm probably going to hell for this opinion, but let's be honest I've said lots of things on this whole website to ensure my place in hell...lol

I find it funny that in the entire 6 seasons of this show that it has essentially the Maddie show, with every week being Maddies week, and then her last week the response is somewhat underwhelming (well according to Melissa I think she had a nice goodbye). 

Im a little curious how the show is going tonhandle her leaving, nobody on the regular cast has ever left on good terms (even with this little fight, I think she is still on good terms with Abby) so I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back at some point for a guest spot... Assuming the show goes on much longer, which I kinda doubt.

• Love 1
On 5/4/2016 at 7:52 PM, KaveDweller said:

I  really like Mackenzie and wanted her to win, but I also loved seeing Melissa have to deal with her losing. I actually thought Mackenzie's dance was performed better than the mini, but I guess it didn't have as many actual dance moves.

Mackenzie is a doll but her choreography was way less than the mini.  Abby going on about how the mini was so talented and better than someone who can just do gymnastics was so cruel.  She's a horrid cow, who I hope ends up broke.... or broke-er. Her pep talk was so awful, Brynn gave her serious stank eye and that's not normal for her.  Very telling.  

I also love Jojo's sweet nuttiness.  I believe I saw her give the mini a sincere huget.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, leighroda said:

Im a little curious how the show is going to handle her leaving, nobody on the regular cast has ever left on good terms (even with this little fight, I think she is still on good terms with Abby) so I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back at some point for a guest spot... Assuming the show goes on much longer, which I kinda doubt.

Honestly, I think the show has been prepping viewers for the last couple of seasons as Maddie at times was rarely ever around because of all the job opportunities. I actually thought it was quite refreshing because we got to see other girls at the top of the pyramid and get a little more recognition than they otherwise would have if Maddie had danced. It will definitely be different not having Melissa or Mackenzie around, though.

I'm hoping the show is over, honestly. I barely watched this past season at all. With how spiteful the moms are and with Abby being constantly on the brink of a serious mental breakdown that might end up in homicide, it's painful to watch. 

• Love 1
On 5/4/2016 at 10:52 PM, KaveDweller said:

Melissa is really awful. Complaining that people were acknowledging that other mom's disabled son when it was "her kids' week." Really? Really? To that woman's face. Granted that mom lost some of my sympathy when she rolled out her disabled son for TV cameras, but it was still awful of Melissa. And I forget which mom it was that complained about Abby being more emotional over the son than Maddie leaving. I kind of think that's the first normal thing Abby has ever done.

I also forget which mom said how the fans would never accept the mini team, but I am feeling a lot more love for the minis than the current batch. The awful mothers are tainting how I see the girls.

It was crappy of Abby to not say a decent good-bye to Maddie and Mackenzie. But what the hell did they expect?

I was kind of glad Abby corrected Maddie when Maddie said no one could ever replace them because they were the first. I totally get why Maddie would feel that way, but that's not the kind of thing you say out loud.

These moms are such high school mean girls. I was impressed they invited Ashley to brunch with them, but then they started talking about her in the third person right in front of her.

I really like Mackenzie and wanted her to win, but I also loved seeing Melissa have to deal with her losing. I actually thought Mackenzie's dance was performed better than the mini, but I guess it didn't have as many actual dance moves.

I liked the shot they did towards the end that showed Maddie spinning on stage from season 1 to today.

Kalani is really a classy young woman. I don't know how that happened with Kira as her mom, but it did.

Note to Jill: Your daughter hasn't been on the show from the beginning. Why do you think people won't remember that?

I'm so glad someone else noticed and said it!  I agree with your "note to Jill."   Where is Jill getting off in saying that "our girls started the whole thing?"  I am paraphrasing what she said, but she has been harping this same mantra for the last three or so episodes about being the first, the ones who started it all, blah, blech and gag!!  Enough, witchy woman! 

If my memory serves correct, I believe it was Kelly's girls, Paige and Brooke, along with Chloe (mom, Kristi), who were among the originals.  They were also very entertaining, albeit mean at times, but who could blame them, considering Abby's continual favoritism towards Maddie at the exclusion of all three of the aforementioned dancers?

Holly and Nia, in addition to Melissa and her goddesses, also made up the originals. Have I left out anyone?

• Love 4

Yup, the original team in season 1 was Paige and Brooke-Kelly their mom-, Chloe- Christi-, Maddie, Mack- Melissa- Nia- Holly. Also, despite it being unsure if it was a farce or not there was also Cathy and her daughter whose name is escaping me at the moment. 

In season two, Cathy left and therefore Abby auditioned and brought in Kendall but she was never really on the team then. She was on probation and then Jill flipped and left and came back.  But Jill was never an original member. Neither was Kalinia or JoJo.

Yes, I, too, can clearly recall Jill having her first of what turned into gadzillions of hissy fits over Princess K's rightful place on Abby's "royal dance troupe."

The irony of it all is that Jill left to go to Kathy's Candy Apples dance studio in Ohio, only to return to the ALDC where Kendall was finally granted a place in Abby's kingdom. 

On May 8, 2016 at 3:15 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Yup, the original team in season 1 was Paige and Brooke-Kelly their mom-, Chloe- Christi-, Maddie, Mack- Melissa- Nia- Holly. Also, despite it being unsure if it was a farce or not there was also Cathy and her daughter whose name is escaping me at the moment. 

In season two, Cathy left and therefore Abby auditioned and brought in Kendall but she was never really on the team then. She was on probation and then Jill flipped and left and came back.  But Jill was never an original member. Neither was Kalinia or JoJo.

Cathy's daughter was Vivianne  - of " I cut my finger...I hope I can still dance" fame.

I've been meaning to post this all season long, I guess that now is as good a time as any. While Maddie is a good little dancer, Kahlani absolutely blows everyone else off the stage. I don't understand why she doesn't have more solos. Her dancing is beautiful and she appears to be a very nice young lady. I wish her all the best. 

• Love 4

I agree about Jessalyn, it makes me think there is a lot more producer intervention than even I thought, like they are literally playing characters on a scripted show because I went from hating her, to loving her to hating her again.  I just don't know how a person can be that back and forth.  When she came in didn't she have it out with Holly? And Jill (but everyone has it out with Jill) then they are all besties, and she was rational, and now she is a raging bitch again.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, missbonnie said:

I've been meaning to post this all season long, I guess that now is as good a time as any. While Maddie is a good little dancer, Kahlani absolutely blows everyone else off the stage. I don't understand why she doesn't have more solos. Her dancing is beautiful and she appears to be a very nice young lady. I wish her all the best. 

I don't think they ever really based it on who was the best dancer.  It was more about the "plot" line and competing against their peers.  Personally, if it was about the most talented dancers, Mackenzie would never have a solo.  She can get through the choreography but there's no "it" factor.  It will be interesting if Kalani actually pursues dance and moves on the a full time dance program.  Obviously school is secondary for her so she would be a perfect candidate for a boarding school for dance.

• Love 2

What I couldn't stand about this week's episode was that it was all so fake...

Something Melissa tends to be good at is choosing her words wisely---like how she says Maddie won't be dancing on SYTYCD Kids when in fact she's judging---that type of stuff comes naturally to Melissa. So when she says we 'won't be returning to the Elite team' BUT Maddie will always be dancing with Abby...what it really means is Melissa is leaving the Dance Moms show---not the actual studio. So when they're local, shocker---who is still going to show up and take class and whatever. 

So this whole cry fest is a lot of nothing...like a lot of nothing. Mackenzie still dances will her team in Pittsburgh at competitions not aired, Maddie will still likely show up at a competition at some point that just won't be filmed. 

For so much hum drum you'd think they were dying. 

• Love 1
On 5/4/2016 at 4:52 PM, Lemons said:

At first Maddie had that horrible competition choreography with the overly angsty look, the fouettes, the rolling around.

I don't think I've ever seen Maddie do a fouetté, do you have a link?  One thing about Ari that I noticed, she manages to keep her a la secondes at 90 degrees, something Maddie couldn't do until this season.

On 5/5/2016 at 4:40 AM, Darknight said:

Yep. Abby was going broke. There was like 30 kids I believe on her company team. Then a casting call went out. Abby wasn't apart of it. Christi story is right. The reason why DM was created was due to the single ladies dance choreographed by molly long in 2010. The single ladies parents said no due to bad publicity with the dance. Producers saw Abby and how she treated people. Then they auditioned Abby and put her on the show. 

That's friggin' hilarious about the Dance Precisions girls, I didn't know that angle.

I think that all the girls have improved in different ways since they went out to LA, and I think it's in large part that they are taking class with lots of great teachers/choreographers at Millennium, etc.  It really shows from last season to this one, I don't know that they were doing that as much in the previous season - Abby was too busy dragging them all over the world.

Melissa is horrible. Jill is horrible. And I really can't stand Maddie and won't miss her at all. With that being said, am I the only one who noticed that Areana was wearing acrylic nails in the scene where the dances were assigned? 

• Love 3